DCNU Aquaman VS Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Aquaman- DCNU

VS

Hercules

Monarch or might?

Cogito
Immortal Herc

pym-ftw
Herc imho

-Pr-
Hercules, but i'd love seeing it in a comic.

Mindset
Prince of Power

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules. Mace can cancel out any advantage the Trident gives and it just becomes about stats, and Hercules is superior in that regard.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules. Mace can cancel out any advantage the Trident gives and it just becomes about stats, and Hercules is superior in that regard. depends which trident. One was able to defeat the main jla group

comicfan11
In a neutral setting Herc after a good fight.
AQ might be more speedy and agile , but Herc is pretty fast himself (especially for a brick), stronger, an expert fighter and also has a godforged (I think) weapon.

Good crossover potential also.

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
depends which trident. One was able to defeat the main jla group

Which one are you talking about?

JakeTheBank
Hercules.

Damborgson
Herc gives him a beating. It'd be cool to see though.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Which one are you talking about? jla issue with Atlantis attacking earth or whatever. I think it was 17. I'll check at home

-K-M-
Hercules. Mace can cancel out any advantage the Trident gives and it just becomes about stats, and Hercules is superior in that regard.

I disagree the mace canceling out the Trident, nor has Hercules used it in ages. However, unless Aquaman uses his telepathy he loses.

-Pr-
jla issue with Atlantis attacking earth or whatever. I think it was 17. I'll check at home

Oh so one of the sceptres used by vulko or orm.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -K-M-
I disagree the mace canceling out the Trident, nor has Hercules used it in ages. However, unless Aquaman uses his telepathy he loses.

Why? The Trident might give him a reach advantage I guess, but I don't see that being much of a problem for Hercules who's naturally bigger.

Not true, Hercules used it pretty often. Specifically when fighting armed opponents. When he was mortal he however used a lot of other Greek artifacts in place of the mace.

Actually now that I think about it, he had the sword of Perseus or whatever for a while now (Pak's mortal Hercules series IIRC) and used it in Avengers Academy when he was immortal so that might be standard now I guess.

abhilegend
Herc wins.

carver9
Herc is too much.

xJLxKing
Oh so one of the sceptres used by vulko or orm. yes, but they belong with Aquaman after he took the throne

ODG
yes, but they belong with Aquaman after he took the throne This is true. But Aquaman hasn't used it. At all. Seems like one of those incredibly powerful artifacts that heroes keep around but never really use, e.g., Belt of Strength, Gauntlets of Atlas, etc. Originally posted by -K-M-
I disagree the mace canceling out the Trident, nor has Hercules used it in ages. However, unless Aquaman uses his telepathy he loses. Immortal Hercules has used it recently. Last time was the Thorcules vs Hercuthor fight. Before that, it was always used. And I mean, always. Barring his stints as a mortal of course.

-Pr-
Pretty much. Unless we see Aquaman use them in battle, i'd be wary about allowing them on a forum.

guy222
Herc

-K-M-
Why? The Trident might give him a reach advantage I guess, but I don't see that being much of a problem for Hercules who's naturally bigger.

Not true, Hercules used it pretty often. Specifically when fighting armed opponents. When he was mortal he however used a lot of other Greek artifacts in place of the mace.

Actually now that I think about it, he had the sword of Perseus or whatever for a while now (Pak's mortal Hercules series IIRC) and used it in Avengers Academy when he was immortal so that might be standard now I guess.

Its one of Atlantis most powerful artifacts, it doesn't provide just reach

Yeah he used it plenty often years ago. He has not used it in a loooong time hence its not standard equipment. That's the point

As well as his medusa shield and various other powerful items. Mace is not one of them, nor was it anything special really.

The Sorrow
Even at half power Herc was able to take a heavy beating from the Hulk, and outside of WWH has always been to hold his own against him aswell as against peers like Thor and Sentry (even though it was a silly fight). Aquaman isn't at that level yet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its one of Atlantis most powerful artifacts, it doesn't provide just reach

Yeah he used it plenty often years ago. He has not used it in a loooong time hence its not standard equipment. That's the point

As well as his medusa shield and various other powerful items. Mace is not one of them, nor was it anything special really.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? It could be the most powerful weapon in the Universe, but as long as he uses it to stab and bash people I'm going to assume he'll use it to try to stab and bash Hercules.

I agree but when Hercules was Immortal, he used it fairly often for someone with his limited number of showings against armed opponents such as the Hercuthor/Thorcules fight. Then he died, we got Chaos War, and he became mortal etc.

So you want to consider that standard equipment? Personally, I don't think he'd use all of that since he's Immortal. However, he's used the sword of Perseus after regaining his power so at this point I think it should be standard equipment instead of the mace.

-K-M-
What the heck is that supposed to mean? It could be the most powerful weapon in the Universe, but as long as he uses it to stab and bash people I'm going to assume he'll use it to try to stab and bash Hercules.

I agree but when Hercules was Immortal, he used it fairly often for someone with his limited number of showings against armed opponents such as the Hercuthor/Thorcules fight. Then he died, we got Chaos War, and he became mortal etc.

So you want to consider that standard equipment? Personally, I don't think he'd use all of that since he's Immortal. However, he's used the sword of Perseus after regaining his power so at this point I think it should be standard equipment instead of the mace.

Because it does more then stab and slash

But he isn't immortal anymore, nor in his recent series did he use it (even his FVL run he didn't really use it there either). Thus....non-factor

Yes, because he uses all the time now. Its by his side every issue, and yes the sword should not the mace. Mace again wasn't even anything special either.

abhilegend
Herc regained his power? How and when?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because it does more then stab and slash

But he isn't immortal anymore, nor in his recent series did he use it much. Thus....non-factor

Yes, because he uses all the time now. Its by his side every issue, and yes the sword should not the mace. Mace again wasn't even anything special either.

Like what?

Isn't he immortal again in that Avengers Academy cameo? If Hercules is completely mortal, he needs his entire arsenal to stand a chance.

Okay, so the Sword is standard?

-K-M-
As far as I know he hasn't yet. His last major appearance was in Avengers Academy and he was depowered. He fought Shaw and lost.

-K-M-
Like what?

Isn't he immortal again in that Avengers Academy cameo?

Okay, so the Sword is standard?

Control the ocean (unknown level) and can cause major destruction upon contact

No

Yes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Control the ocean and can cause major destruction upon contact

No

Yes.

Scans of it controlling the ocean? What do you mean major destruction? Like it can agitate molecules or something?

-K-M-
Yes, but to an unknown level. He cant manipulate the Pacific, should have said control of water similar to when he was the Waterbearer

No clue, they haven't explained fully what it can do and how it does it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Any scans? I'm curious.

So...nothing?

-K-M-
Not readily no.

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
Herc regained his power? How and when?

-K-M-
He hasn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
According to K-M he hasn't. And I honestly don't care enough to double check or debate it.

Not readily no.

Then why are you assuming that the Trident is so incredibly powerful?

Golgo13
Hercules.

-K-M-
According to K-M he hasn't. And I honestly don't care enough to double check or debate it.

Then why are you assuming that the Trident is so incredibly powerful?

He isn't, you made the claim he regained his powers so where is your proof?

Because I have read the book. Just because I don't have scans, doesn't mean I haven't read the series erm Better question is have you?

Rage.Of.Olympus
He isn't, you made the claim he regained his powers so where is your proof?

Because I have read the book. Just because I don't have scans, doesn't mean I haven't read the series erm Better question is have you?

What was the issue? I'll pick it up. I just remember him being in classic Immortal garb and doing something superhuman in his fight with Shaw IIRC.

I'm guessing your no was to scans, and not to feats then? Guess that's my fault for misunderstanding you. I've read up to #15. When did Aquaman control water with his trident or do anything to indicate it's particularly powerful past being big and durable? Let me know and I'll post the scans.

-K-M-
Avengers Academy #30

Originally posted by Galan007

---

Shaw absorbs the MAGICAL energies of Hercules' sword-strike, before owning him:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_3-1.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_4-1.jpg

---

Shaw: "I understand you used to be my match, but now you're barely stronger then a normal human"

Rage.Of.Olympus
Shaw confirmed that Hercules is barely stronger then a normal man. Yeah, not sure how this incarnation stands a chance against Aquaman unless he has all his toys and gets a few lucky stabs in.

Hmm, why did I remember him being Immortal in that comic?

-K-M-
He's wearing his immortal garb, and in his last series he had a different attire when he was mortal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Must be it. The series got pretty boring so it was one of those comics I read through quickly and never picked up again.

celeyhyga17
Aquaman wins in a stomp unless Herc is back at classic levels.

-Pr-
I'd heard he was back to being Immortal. ermm

Aquaman wins, then.

-K-M-
Unless something recently happened, he's still mortal. As far as I know he hasn't appeared since AvX.

You might be thinking of X-Treme X-Men Hercules who was an alternate reality version that never lost his powers.

LordofBrooklyn
It is classic Herc to remove any confusion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd heard he was back to being Immortal. ermm

Aquaman wins, then.

Yeah, where did I get that from too? I swear I saw scans of Hercules being superhuman not too long ago.

-Pr-
Yeah, where did I get that from too? I swear I saw scans of Hercules being superhuman not too long ago.

I blame KMC.

-K-M-
It was properly the X-Treme X-Men Hercules.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/o-WOLVERINE-HERCULES_zps34e77bd1.jpg

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
It is classic Herc to remove any confusion.
Herc takes it then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was properly the X-Treme X-Men Hercules.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/o-WOLVERINE-HERCULES_zps34e77bd1.jpg

laughing out loud

Hercules' position when smooching Logan.

Supermutant
Good fight leaning toward Classic Hercules.

zopzop
AM after a good fight.

BlackWind
AQ already fought DC Hercules and came out the winner after tricking him. Though I don't think he can defeat Marvel Hercules.

carver9
Full powered Herc wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.