Majestic VS Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Majestic- Wildstorm

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/majestic.jpg

VS

Silver Surfer

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/c/c9/Silver_surfer.jpg/406px-Silver_surfer.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
Could a mod please add the following?

1. CIS on For Surfer
2. CIS Off for Surfer

Endless Mike
Surfer

pym-ftw
Edge Surfer, but it really depends on if Surfer stays away

snowdragon
Edge Surfer for most fights.

If Maj pulls out his blades I'd give him the majority.

ODG
Been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=415740&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=570830&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=511063&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=493551&pagenumber=1

First one is the stickied one.

Naija boy
Surfer wins

Golgo13
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Majestic- Wildstorm

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/majestic.jpg

VS

Silver Surfer

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/c/c9/Silver_surfer.jpg/406px-Silver_surfer.jpg

Majestic.

-Pr-
Surfer.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Edge Surfer, but it really depends on if Surfer stays away

He has the durability to take shots from majestic. Majestic is likely stronger, but it would still take a lot physically to put down Surfer.

tkitna
Somebody will say Majestic easily because he made a gun really fast once.

Surfer wins

JakeTheBank
Someone would be stupid if they were serious.

Surfer. Good fight, though.

janus77
Surfer.

guy222
Norrin

zopzop
Surfer wins.

LordofBrooklyn
How well does Norrin hold up against the Blades?

abhilegend
Surfer.

Mindship
Soarin' Norrin

ODG
How well does Norrin hold up against the Blades? He'd be cut.

Endless Mike
If he gets hit, that is

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If he gets hit, that is

He is getting hit.

A lot.

Endless Mike
Not if he takes out Majestic first

LordofBrooklyn
Not if he takes out Majestic first

Majestros's speed, reflexes, and experiences disqualify him from being speedblitz KO'D.

Naija boy
Does majestic have some kind of mystical control of the blades ala Thor? Otherwise Surfer could likely disposess him of them

Endless Mike
Not necessarily speedblitz, just an all out attack with energy/exotic abilities.

abhilegend
Not necessarily speedblitz, just an all out attack with energy/exotic abilities.
Majestros is tough enough to take that and some.

LordofBrooklyn

What type of blows has Norrin tanked from an opponent comprable tp Majestros.

JayDaDon
Well I doubt he would tank attacks from Majestic but he has the durability to take a helluva lot of damage (sans the blades) from him. He did just recently let Thor wail on him and was fine when all was said and done stick out tongue

vince_slice
Hulks, Thor, Millennius, Morg, Super Saiyan Skaar, etc.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Well I doubt he would tank attacks from Majestic but he has the durability to take a helluva lot of damage (sans the blades) from him. He did just recently let Thor wail on him and was fine when all was said and done stick out tongue

Majestros is stronger than Thor by a significant amount.

"Id"
What type of blows has Norrin tanked from an opponent comprable tp Majestros. he handled Thor and Beta Ray Bills strikes really well. So I think he take Majestros hits.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by vince_slice
Hulks, Thor, Millennius, Morg, Super Saiyan Skaar, etc.

I don't remember any extended fisticuffs with Hulk at anytime. Thor during the B&T arc landed some shots but again not a prolonged exchange. I haven't read the aforementioned recent fight.

I can't speak for all the encounters with Millenius or Morg. The Morg fight I remember doesn't do Norrin any service here.

vince_slice
I don't remember any extended fisticuffs with Hulk at anytime. Thor during the B&T arc landed some shots but again not a prolonged exchange. I haven't read the aforementioned recent fight.

I can't speak for all the encounters with Millenius or Morg. The Morg fight I remember doesn't do Norrin any service here.

He's fought Hulk many times, which includes Savage Hulk, Bannerless Hulk, and even Planet Hulk. He also fought Classic Abomination and beat him h2h. He's tanked Hulk and Hulk level blows pretty decently.

Recently he fought Bill and tanked his blows just fine, same with Thor in Fraction's Mighty Thor run. His first Morg fight he lost, but his second fight with Morg (where he stopped holding back), he beat Morg soundly while destroying the planet.

He was able to go melee with Millennius for a prolonged period. Which is impressive since Millennius overpowered Thor and nearly killed him. He did this after Millennius sapped his power cosmic to create a portal to escape his dimensional prison.

I think he should be able to tank blows from Majestic. He won't win h2h though.

JayDaDon
Majestros is stronger than Thor by a significant amount.

I view them as peers in strength. How well do majestic's feats against established characters hold up in comparison to Thor? If majestic went around manhandling Superman THEN I'd be willing to say he's significantly stronger.

snowdragon
I view them as peers in strength. How well do majestic's feats against established characters hold up in comparison to Thor? If majestic went around manhandling Superman THEN I'd be willing to say he's significantly stronger.

DC will NEVER have Maj manhandle Supes it won't happen. That said he should be able to school him fighting which is nether here nor there.

With the blades he should beat Norrin, he's not that good in a physical confrontations his power comes from control not unleashing his beast.

JayDaDon
What evidence is there that he isn't good at physical confrontations though? Just because he doesn't prefer to fight that way doesn't make it a weakness. Cause as far as I remember, every time he's gone physical, he's either held his own, or his opponent got a serious beating.

celeyhyga17
Majestros is stronger than Thor by a significant amount. jawdrop

LordofBrooklyn

Majestic has moved a planet solo but some here dismiss so called "Space Cheese".

I'd say Majestros is 20-25% stronger than Thor.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
jawdrop

20-25% stronger.

In your heart you know I'm right.

celeyhyga17
20-25% stronger.
Lol wut?

In your heart you think that I think you're right...

Stoic
20-25% stronger.

You can't take one showing and proclaim Maj as being that much stronger than Thor. I would beg to differ, especially with things like his showing against the War Guard, and Union. Majestic is no Superman. As for the Blades, what makes you think that they would stop the Surfer even if they cut him? Didn't the Surfer reform in the past from being diced up by lasers? If Surfer were out for blood like his Exiles version, or the way that he fought Morg in their 2nd battle, he'd likely make short work of him.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
If Surfer were out for blood .....
the fight would end like this :
http://s13.postimg.org/4ehwp16lv/2675980_2649255_2175666_surf1.jpg
Already posted in the Ownage Thread.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Stoic
Majestic is no Superman. As for the Blades, what makes you think that they would stop the Surfer even if they cut him? Didn't the Surfer reform in the past from being diced up by lasers? If Surfer were out for blood like his Exiles version, or the way that he fought Morg in their 2nd battle, he'd likely make short work of him.

Majestic isn't Superman he doesn't have red sunlight weakness or k-nite which are surfer's big trump cards. Plus he is a trained soldier and genious if ppl thought Superman had a chance against SS then Majestic is that chance.

"Id"
Its a split fight.

Surfer can play keep away, using distance, and blasting him. Than Majestic eventually goes down. I say this because, Norrins energy discharge are frightfully more powerful than his own physical prowess.

If Majestic narrows the gap, than Majestic eventually mauls down Norrin. The Majestros does sport superior physical prowess.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by zopzop
Already posted in the Ownage Thread.

If he grabbed Majestros by the face like that it would be a different outcome.

LordofBrooklyn
Lol wut?

In your heart you think that I think you're right...

How much stronger is Majestic in your opinion?

P.S. 20% is the best option. cool

celeyhyga17
How much stronger is Majestic in your opinion?

P.S. 20% is the best option. cool
Roughly the same. Really don't see where Majestic is significantly stronger. Even if he is, it's no where near those percentages you are putting up.

LordofBrooklyn
Roughly the same. Really don't see where Majestic is significantly stronger. Even if he is, it's no where near those percentages you are putting up.

Majestros moving that planet shows they are not roughly the same at all.

My percentages are infallible!

Nibedicus
Originally posted by "Id"
Its a split fight.

Surfer can play keep away, using distance, and blasting him. Than Majestic eventually goes down. I say this because, Norrins energy discharge are frightfully more powerful than his own physical prowess.

If Majestic narrows the gap, than Majestic eventually mauls down Norrin. The Majestros does sport superior physical prowess.

Don't think it's a split fight, tbh.

The fact that they start apart and that Surfer has the better top travelling "feats" essentially gives Surfer first-strike (with blasts that would no doubt rock Majestic) and the fact that he should be able to outspeed Maj gives him the option of dictating how this fight would transpire. And in a distance game, where Maj cannot use his blades or strength (which would then force him to use his energy attacks, which Surfer is more durable against, is better at using and has more powerful attacks) this would be Surfer's fight to lose. The only chance Maj has is if the Surfer would choose to melee him like a moron.

Then again, Surfer fights like an absolute moron half the time so I see where you're coming from.

Golgo13
Its a split fight.

Yep. thumb up

"Id"
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Don't think it's a split fight, tbh.

The fact that they start apart and that Surfer has the better top travelling "feats" essentially gives Surfer first-strike (with blasts that would no doubt rock Majestic) and the fact that he should be able to outspeed Maj gives him the option of dictating how this fight would transpire. And in a distance game, where Maj cannot use his blades or strength (which would then force him to use his energy attacks, which Surfer is more durable against, is better at using and has more powerful attacks) this would be Surfer's fight to lose. The only chance Maj has is if the Surfer would choose to melee him like a moron.

Then again, Surfer fights like an absolute moron half the time so I see where you're coming from.

Well are talking about characters, and not power-sets specifically. And Surfer has a tendency to bull-rush his opponents.

Nibedicus
Well are talking about characters, and not power-sets specifically. And Surfer has a tendency to bull-rush his opponents.

Like I said, I know where you're coming from. stick out tongue

He does have instances of fighting smart (like BRB, I know he bullrushed here, too, but that had great logic behind it. Also, TnA and the recent Thor fight) and as much as he fights stupid. Kinda why I get what you're saying about the split. Just that I feel "full capacity", Surfer would use his head at least try to stay away and blast.

"Id"
I also want to point out that I look at as a split with out his blades.

With his blades, I give him the edge over surfer. Closing the gap in distance would become more favorable, given that the his blades can repel, and cut through energy efficiently.

Nibedicus
I also want to point out that I look at as a split with out his blades.

With his blades, I give him the edge over surfer. Closing the gap in distance would become more favorable, given that the his blades can repel, and cut through energy efficiently.

My take is the opposite, tho. Chances improve for Maj with the blades. But without it, I'd say Surfer takes a higher majority.

Basically, I think 6/10 Surfer with Blades, 8/10 without.

zopzop
If he grabbed Majestros by the face like that it would be a different outcome.
Who grabbed who by the face? If you're talking about Surfer, he didn't grab anything. He transmuted his foe into atoms. He didn't even need to touch him.

A serious Surfer wins this more often than not.

abhilegend
He's fought Hulk many times, which includes Savage Hulk, Bannerless Hulk, and even Planet Hulk. He also fought Classic Abomination and beat him h2h. He's tanked Hulk and Hulk level blows pretty decently.

Recently he fought Bill and tanked his blows just fine, same with Thor in Fraction's Mighty Thor run. His first Morg fight he lost, but his second fight with Morg (where he stopped holding back), he beat Morg soundly while destroying the planet.

He was able to go melee with Millennius for a prolonged period. Which is impressive since Millennius overpowered Thor and nearly killed him. He did this after Millennius sapped his power cosmic to create a portal to escape his dimensional prison.

I think he should be able to tank blows from Majestic. He won't win h2h though.
He didn't beat Abomination h2h. He made him go to sleep. He has taken hulk's blows although there are always some exteneuating circumstances to their fights like the fact that Bannerlss hulk was dying when he fought surfer and surfer was amped by gamma bombs when he fought hulk in IH 250 or that both were weakened in planet hulk. Surfer beat hulk in TTA 94 by a cheapshot but that was a weaker hulk than later by his own admission in IH 131 and IH 270 and Hulk manhandled him alongside Namor in Sub-mariner 34 and The Order 4 but these are inconclusive.

These are good but Thor did dent his forehead with a headbutt. The less we talk about B&T the better where Warlock outperformed him against Thor and BRB while heavily wounded knocked him out with two shots one of which was a cheapshot.

Surfer said he would've been obliterated in one more instant if Millenius and they weren't seperated by a blast Thor created. Surfer looked more powerful than Thor in general since he was weakened there. Millenius also didn't nearly kill Thor or overpower Thor in melee, he was down for a moment and got up as soon as surfer attacked Millenius and it was an energy attack that downed thor.

On an unrelated topic, in the same comic both he and thor were knocked out by some plastic man knock-offs by suffocating them in their mud like body.

laughing out loud
If majestic manhandles Superman, he'd be A LOT stronger than Thor. We're talking about Doomsday level strength here.

abhilegend
Already posted in the Ownage Thread. Originally posted by zopzop
Who grabbed who by the face? If you're talking about Surfer, he didn't grab anything. He transmuted his foe into atoms. He didn't even need to touch him.

A serious Surfer wins this more often than not.
facepalm

You think surfer can atomize Majestic because he atomized some random tiger-man?

janus77
Surfer would instantly transmute the blades into daffodils and mock Majestic.

JayDaDon
Majestros moving that planet shows they are not roughly the same at all.

My percentages are infallible!

That one feat is why you think he's so much stronger than Thor???? Even if that were the way things worked, the gor feat would put Thor squarely in that range.

abhilegend
That one feat is why you think he's so much stronger than Thor???? Even if that were the way things worked, the gor feat would put Thor squarely in that range.
That's a striking feat with mjolnir, not a purely strength feat.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

You think surfer can atomize Majestic because he atomized some random tiger-man?
Does Majestic even have any transmutation resisting feats?
Who was helping Majestic pull those planets? Gorr/Thor fighting != Majestic pulling/pushing planets by himself.

abhilegend

Who was helping Majestic pull those planets? Gorr/Thor fighting != Majestic pulling/pushing planets by himself.
Yes. He does. He was turned into stone and just willed himself back to normal.

http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/2084676-savant_garde_05___overcoming_transmutation_1.jpg

Not to mention atomizing some random dude doesn't means much.

JakeTheBank
facepalm

http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/2084676-savant_garde_05___overcoming_transmutation_1.jpg

Gotta agree with Abhi here. I think Surfer can definitely win this, but lmfao @ him transmuting Majestic because he did so to a practically featless character..

Galan007
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6506422272/h656DF30F/

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Gotta agree with Abhi here. I think Surfer can definitely win this, but lmfao @ him transmuting Majestic because he did so to a practically featless character..
durznuts

What is this? Jake agrees with me?

over

JakeTheBank
durznuts

What is this? Jake agrees with me?

over

I'm the king of objectivity, brah.

And if agreeing with you was all it took...mmm

abhilegend
I'm the king of objectivity, brah.

And if agreeing with you was all it took...mmm
King of objectivity? Heh.

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
King of objectivity? Heh.

laughing out loud

It's one of the many titles afforded to me as leader of the House of El.

abhilegend
It's one of the many titles afforded to me as leader of the House of El.
Still trying that out?

LordofBrooklyn
Still trying that out?

Don't fall for it.

Superman fans unite to cast Jake out!

xJLxKing
Out ya demon!

JayDaDon

Yeah sorry you can count me in the camp who thinks it was NOT a shared feat.

zopzop
Yeah sorry you can count me in the camp who thinks it was NOT a shared feat.
You can believe what you want no one is forcing you to agree with me. We should really get a mod ruling on the definition of "shared feat" that way we can put it to rest once and for all.

JakeTheBank
Still trying that out?

Don't fall for it.

Superman fans unite to cast Jake out!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Out ya demon!

Birds of a feather. How cute. biscuits

vince_slice
He didn't beat Abomination h2h. He made him go to sleep. He has taken hulk's blows although there are always some exteneuating circumstances to their fights like the fact that Bannerlss hulk was dying when he fought surfer and surfer was amped by gamma bombs when he fought hulk in IH 250 or that both were weakened in planet hulk. Surfer beat hulk in TTA 94 by a cheapshot but that was a weaker hulk than later by his own admission in IH 131 and IH 270 and Hulk manhandled him alongside Namor in Sub-mariner 34 and The Order 4 but these are inconclusive.

These are good but Thor did dent his forehead with a headbutt. The less we talk about B&T the better where Warlock outperformed him against Thor and BRB while heavily wounded knocked him out with two shots one of which was a cheapshot.

Surfer said he would've been obliterated in one more instant if Millenius and they weren't seperated by a blast Thor created. Surfer looked more powerful than Thor in general since he was weakened there. Millenius also didn't nearly kill Thor or overpower Thor in melee, he was down for a moment and got up as soon as surfer attacked Millenius and it was an energy attack that downed thor.

On an unrelated topic, in the same comic both he and thor were knocked out by some plastic man knock-offs by suffocating them in their mud like body.

Surfer did overpower classic A-bomb physically before he knocked him out using his power cosmic. He even physically forces A-bomb down onto his knees while finishing him.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2j3p2bo.jpg

Plus Surfer admitted he was weakened right before he fought A-bomb.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/5yw18z.jpg

It reminds me of the time Surfer beat the shit out of Super Saiyan Skaar with his fists when he got serious.

I don't want to get into a lot of detail about his fights with Hulks cause there's a lot. But my point was most of his fights with Hulk, he's tanked his shots well. I'm not argueing Surfer can beat Hulk or Majestic h2h because he can't, and it's not his memo. But he can tank their physical blows long enough to pull wins.

Thor denting his head, although impressive for Thor, didn't do any lasting damage, nor KO'd Surfer. Especially since the dent disapeared a page later, and Fraction's Surfer was like a living malleable metal. When he was in Wakanda for example Surfer inflated his head like a balloon. Surfer also tanked multiple hammer tosses and strikes from Thor just fine. This is impressive since Fraction's Thor is like bloodlusted 24/7, and even smashed Galactus' helmet to pieces. Bill could only put a small chip for comparison.

His Millennius fight was even more impressive if you considerd the fact that Surfer was sapped of his power cosmic (to create a portal). He lasted as long if not longer against Millennius than Thor. He even stalemated Millennius for a while physically. All while weakened. Millennius also said it took Odin and his legion to put him down. Food for thought.

And yes Millennius did overpower Thor, and was just about to kill Thor here. He even states "your death" shall herald a kinder and gentler universe. Surfer saves Thor though at the last minute.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/16jhsmo.jpg

I'm not sure what your main arguement is. Are you trying to say that Surfer can't tank any of Majestic's physical attacks? You yourself said Surfer would win, so how do you think Surfer would win against Majestic?

Those slug things were herald level obviously lol.

abhilegend
Surfer did overpower classic A-bomb physically before he knocked him out using his power cosmic. He even physically forces A-bomb down onto his knees while finishing him.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2j3p2bo.jpg He was overpowering him with energy as shown in the picture, not pure strength.

When he was weakened, abom trashed him. His strength was returning though.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263304_SS12_13b.jpg

Yeah that was brutal. Pak has a lot of respect for surfer.

Yeah, he can tank hulk's blows for some time but even in his most impressive fight against hulk, he had to create a force-field after three blows.

It showed his durability is on par with big boys. Yeah, him taking several hammer shots was impressive but Thor was also weakened there.

I said that he appeared more powerful than Thor in the same post because of that. That was more stubbornness than anything else. Surfer admitted that he would've been obliterated in one more instant.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263309_SSANN98_24a.jpg

This millenius?

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263309_SSANN98_24a.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263310_SSANN98_24b.jpg

I heavily doubt that claim when its just millenius' words.

He attacked Thor with an eye-beam which knocked Thor down. Millenius was a master of hyperbole. Thor was just fine on the next page.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263308_SSANN98_21a.jpg

Obviously not. Mainly through energy attacks but it would be a great fight. Surfer would win 6-6.5/10 times here.

Obviously. They tanked their best shots too.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263306_SSANN98_14a.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16263307_SSANN98_14b.jpg

Plastic man 10/10 against both surfer and thor. Canon.

StyleTime
Majestic can't even handle Ladytron. Surfer would merc him. durermm http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16267667_MaxineMajestic.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16267669_MaxineMajestic2.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by StyleTime
Majestic can't even handle Ladytron. Surfer would merc him. durermm http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16267667_MaxineMajestic.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16267669_MaxineMajestic2.jpg

LIES!

Surfer got annihiliated by three Mexicans.

CANON!

Majestic> Mexicans>Surfer

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, pretty dumb to assume Surfer can atomize Majestic just because he did it so random goon.

Issue number? I want to double check this. You just posted a panel of Majestic being partially made of stone, I don't actually see any sort of resisting going on.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, pretty dumb to assume Surfer can atomize Majestic just because he did it so random goon.

Issue number? I want to double check this. You just posted a panel of Majestic being partially made of stone, I don't actually see any sort of resisting going on.

What do you think is happening here?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not sure, that's why I asked for a reference.

xJLxKing
Lolz SS atomize galactus tooo man

zopzop

Why is it dumb? What special defense does Majestic have vs being atomized? Abhi posted that transmutation scan but it clearly showed he WAS being affected by matter manip, even if he was overcoming it.

Atomizing someone is a lot more harsh than transmuting them to another substance and Surfer did it instantly not gradually.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why is it dumb? What special defense does Majestic have vs being atomized? Abhi posted that transmutation scan but it clearly showed he WAS being affected by matter manip, even if he was overcoming it.

Atomizing someone is a lot more harsh than transmuting them to another substance and Surfer did it instantly not gradually.

How about all of his durability feats? What kind of dumb ass question is that?

Atomizing some random f*ck isn't evidence that he could even do it against Thing, much less Majestic.

If you think Surfer can transmute Majestic, I'd really love to see a scan of him doing so to someone that durable.

zopzop
How about all of his durability feats? What kind of dumb ass question is that?

Atomizing some random f*ck isn't evidence that he could even do it against Thing, much less Majestic.

If you think Surfer can transmute Majestic, I'd really love to see a scan of him doing so to someone that durable.
First of all, calm the phuck down.

Secondly, Surfer's matter manip functions on a planetary scale and it's instantaneous. Why wouldn't it affect the likes of Thing or Majestic? "Durability feats" don't mean jack when someone is playing games with your atomic structure.

Galan007
"Durability feats" don't mean jack when someone is playing games with your atomic structure. that isn't necessarily true. daken's healing factor, for example, was able to briefly "fight against" the matter manipulation of molecule man(which, as i'm sure you'd agree, is considerably above surfer's.) owen went on to comment that wolverine was always able to "fight past" his matter manipulation for the very same reason.

anyway, not only is majestic inherently nigh-invulnerable, but he's also got an insane healing factor working for him as well. so yeah, i agree that surfer transmuting some random fodder character doesn't translate into him being able to transmute someone like majestic by default. suggesting otherwise literally defines a no-limits fallacy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
First of all, calm the phuck down.

Secondly, Surfer's matter manip functions on a planetary scale and it's instantaneous. Why wouldn't it affect the likes of Thing or Majestic? "Durability feats" don't mean jack when someone is playing games with your atomic structure.

I'm not upset. erm

Okay? I disagree.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
that isn't necessarily true. daken's healing factor, for example, was able to briefly "fight against" the matter manipulation of molecule man(which, as i'm sure you'd agree, is considerably above surfer's.) owen went on to comment that wolverine was always able to "fight past" his matter manipulation for the very same reason.

anyway, not only is majestic inherently nigh-invulnerable, but he's also got an insane healing factor working for him as well. so yeah, i agree that surfer transmuting some random fodder character doesn't translate into him being able to transmute someone like majestic by default. suggesting otherwise literally defines a no-limits fallacy.
Then how do you explain him being gradually turned to stone and fighting it's affect (Majestic that is).

The Surfer's matter manip is PLANETARY in scale and instantaneous. Even if you think he'd recover from being turned to stone or whatever, it would take time and the Surfer can reduce him to atomic ash (like he did to the Thanos construct in the prelude to the Infinity Gauntlet saga).
I'm not upset. erm

Okay? I disagree.
My bad. But, yeah we'll agree to disagree then.

Galan007
Then how do you explain him being gradually turned to stone and fighting it's affect (Majestic that is).

The Surfer's matter manip is PLANETARY in scale and instantaneous. Even if you think he'd recover from being turned to stone or whatever, it would take time and the Surfer can reduce him to atomic ash (like he did to the Thanos construct in the prelude to the Infinity Gauntlet saga). i just don't agree with you applying a no limits fallacy to surfer's in-battle offensive transmutation abilities.

abhilegend

Its from savant grade 5 IIRC. That's the best I could find of that scan.

guy222
Norrin

Golgo13
i just don't agree with you applying a no limits fallacy to surfer's in-battle offensive transmutation abilities.

Agreed.

Naija boy
Surfer can't simply transmute anybody. But high durability is not at all a default defense against transmutation. That is in itself rather baseless. Sure many characters with high durability levels or healing factors have shown resistance to transmutation...as they have to other attacks such as energy drainage, soul manip etc. but those forms of resistance either merely coincide with their high durability level or stem from a unique aspect of their durability. We can't make across the board generalizations of resistance based on this nor can we project such resistance onto another character who lacks such resistance feats based merely off their durability/Hf

zopzop
i just don't agree with you applying a no limits fallacy to surfer's in-battle offensive transmutation abilities.
No limits fallacy? How is one herald (with planetary level matter manip) using his powers on another herald "applying a no limits fallacy"? It's not like I said he's gonna do it vs Thanos or Odin.

Branlor Swift
Those Tiger men and alike defeated Strange, Namor and Fist (pis though). One walked through Red She Hulk stabbing him clean through.

The other one who killed them was a pissed off Iron Fist. Which is to be expected... especially when he punched a hole in Nuul in the next issue the same way he did the Tiger man.

They were at least 50-70 tonners. Though that doesn't mean much against Majestic. It was impressive, though it doesn't mean that he'd do it against Majestic.

vince_slice
Off the top of my head I remember Surfer using transmutation offensively against Quasimodo.

Here he finds Quasimodo who appears to be a computer program. Surfer easily transmutes Quasimodo to give him a human body.
http://s9.postimg.org/ng87mqs6z/ffannual05_silversurfer04.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/6ue2o3kmf/ffannual05_silversurfer05.jpghttp://s21.postimg.org/ginlukh3n/ffannual05_silversurfer06.jpg

Quasimodo's new body was strong enough to tank a blast from Surfer and powerful enough to stagger Surfer with his attacks.
http://s21.postimg.org/krjnc5z0z/ffannual05_silversurfer07.jpghttp://s18.postimg.org/lp0go3gp1/ffannual05_silversurfer10.jpg

When Surfer had enough, he transmuted Quasimodo's body into stone.
http://s23.postimg.org/m7gvhzwlz/ffannual05_silversurfer12.jpg

zopzop
Off the top of my head I remember Surfer using transmutation offensively against Quasimodo.

I don't think they are doubting he CAN use offensive matter manip, they are doubting it would affect Majestic. I don't see why this is the case seeing as how Surfer's matter manip is no joke.

abhilegend

Here he finds Quasimodo who appears to be a computer program. Surfer easily transmutes Quasimodo to give him a human body.
http://s9.postimg.org/ng87mqs6z/ffannual05_silversurfer04.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/6ue2o3kmf/ffannual05_silversurfer05.jpghttp://s21.postimg.org/ginlukh3n/ffannual05_silversurfer06.jpg

Quasimodo's new body was strong enough to tank a blast from Surfer and powerful enough to stagger Surfer with his attacks.
http://s21.postimg.org/krjnc5z0z/ffannual05_silversurfer07.jpghttp://s18.postimg.org/lp0go3gp1/ffannual05_silversurfer10.jpg

When Surfer had enough, he transmuted Quasimodo's body into stone.
http://s23.postimg.org/m7gvhzwlz/ffannual05_silversurfer12.jpg
Considering it was surfer who created Quasimodo's body in first place, that's not as impressive as it sounds.

vince_slice
Considering it was surfer who created Quasimodo's body in first place, that's not as impressive as it sounds.
You're saying this isn't an impressive transmutation feat? Explain.

Zack Fair
I sort of agree with what Abhi said, but its still good.

vince_slice
Okay but what's the actual reasoning?

"Id"
What about the time in inhaled the temporal dust, that would have regressed Manhattan back to the stone age?

Doesn't that count as a feat, for withstanding matter manipulation?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by snowdragon
DC will NEVER have Maj manhandle Supes it won't happen.

They've had lots of people beat up Superman over the years.

Zack Fair
Cap even twoshot him.

abhilegend
They've had lots of people beat up Superman over the years.
Its just a laughable notion that superman has never been beaten by a hero before.

abhilegend
You're saying this isn't an impressive transmutation feat? Explain.
Surfer created the body for Quasimodo in the first place, is it a great feat? Sure. But claiming that he can manipulate majestic's body going by that scan is sketchy when its not clear whether he matter manipulated Quasimodo later or just drained the energy out of his body.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Cap even twoshot him.
Those were sucker-shots but yeah. He later knocked him out with a lightning fueled bullrush attack in V&V by a suckershot.

abhilegend
What about the time in inhaled the temporal dust, that would have regressed Manhattan back to the stone age?

Doesn't that count as a feat, for withstanding matter manipulation?
Yeah, it can be used against matter manipulation.

Zack Fair
I know. I'm just saying DC has no problems showing Superman get owned.

vince_slice
Surfer created the body for Quasimodo in the first place, is it a great feat? Sure. But claiming that he can manipulate majestic's body going by that scan is sketchy when its not clear whether he matter manipulated Quasimodo later or just drained the energy out of his body.

He did manipulate it though, he turned Quasi's body to stone.

abhilegend
He did manipulate it though, he turned Quasi's body to stone.
He never said that he turned quasi's body to stone. He said that a body without a soul is just a statue. The same has been said about surfer when his soul was absorbed by Unilord and his body broke apart. You know what's funny? Those words of surfer were recounted as they were when surfer's body broke apart

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_SilverSurferv3113p23.jpg

Some durable guy he is.

vin

vince_slice
He never said that he turned quasi's body to stone. He said that a body without a soul is just a statue. The same has been said about surfer when his soul was absorbed by Unilord and his body broke apart. You know what's funny?

vin

The fact that Surfer turned Quasi into a statue implies heavily to me he transmuted him to stone. The mention of Quasi's lack of a soul was figurative, like how you'd call a murderer souless.

Plus if you look at the art, the energy surrounding Quasi's body when he's being turned into a statue looks exactly like the energy surrounding his body when Surfer was transmuting him a body.
http://s15.postimg.org/6ue2o3kmf/ffannual05_silversurfer05.jpghttp://s23.postimg.org/m7gvhzwlz/ffannual05_silversurfer12.jpg

Finally, there are no statements that suggest Surfer was draining Quasi's energy IIRC. There's also nothing to suggest Quasi had much energy to drain either, it's not like he was an energy being or an energy battery. He was just an A.I that was given a human form.

It makes sense in that context since Surfer's soul was literally gone from his body, and his body was like a statue in the sense that it was an empty shell. For Quasi, Surfer never manipulated his soul or anything. He said Quasi lacked a soul figuratively because he cared only for destruction, and was an A.I. The scenes might use the same language, but what happened in them is very different.

abhilegend
The fact that Surfer turned Quasi into a statue implies heavily to me he transmuted him to stone. The mention of Quasi's lack of a soul was figurative, like how you'd call a murderer souless.

Plus if you look at the art, the energy surrounding Quasi's body when he's being turned into a statue looks exactly like the energy surrounding his body when Surfer was transmuting him a body.
http://s15.postimg.org/6ue2o3kmf/ffannual05_silversurfer05.jpghttp://s23.postimg.org/m7gvhzwlz/ffannual05_silversurfer12.jpg Except quasi himself stated that he could feel his life draining away and he was losing power.

There was. He was given human form by an energy wave from surfer, he just took it back.

Agree to disagree then.

vince_slice
Except quasi himself stated that he could feel his life draining away and he was losing power.

Quasi never stated his life was draining away, and never stated his power was being drained. If he did, prove it and show or refer me to some evidence.

No there wasn't. Not a single statement saying his energy or power was being drained. Re-read it and tell me which panel it was stated in.

If Surfer simply took it away, Quasi would've turned back into a computer, but he didn't. Instead during his transmutation he said he's losing the ability to move, think, and speak, eventually turning into a statue. It's obvious he was turned to stone.

Sure, but I don' t see what your reasoning is.

LordofBrooklyn
Who is the closest Majestic analogue Surfer has fought?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.