Jaegars Vs Chitauri Invasion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Same settings as the end of Avengers, cept the 4 Jaegers are there to fight for humanity.

Round 1: Can they survive and contain the Chitauri and Loki as long as the Avengers up to the point the tesseract was deactivated. Say 30 mins.

Round 2: Tesseract doesn't auto-deactivate as in round 1.

Lestov16
How durable were they? I know they were skyscraper sized, but if the Chitauri mass-bombed them like they did the Hulk, would they go down? I'd figure they could definitely wrestle down the Leviathans.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
How durable were they? I know they were skyscraper sized, but if the Chitauri mass-bombed them like they did the Hulk, would they go down? I'd figure they could definitely wrestle down the Leviathans.

Biggest durability feats where:

Taking hits from 250+ foot tall monsters

One survived a drop high enough to cause entry-heat, though it landed on its feet.

That same Jaeger then survived having a nuke go off several hundred feet away, though this was under water.

They're also able to survive deep sea pressure, though I can't recall how deep, if it was mentioned.

Lestov16
Sound like they can handle the barrage.

Next question is how precise and agile were they in the machines, because with the size of the Chitauri and their air-vehicles and ships, it's going to be like swatting flies and ants. Also, will they be attempting to rescue civilians like the Avengers, because I figure they are going to be causing a shitload of collateral damage?

Another question is did they have any weak points or exposed areas?

Mindset
Go watch the movie, you nerd.

Lestov16
I'm poor, slinky.

BruceSkywalker
jaegers win

marwash22
not using any damn spoilers in vs threads, if you haven't seen the movie, you shouldn't be in here.

estahuh

Jaegers take scenario 1.

In scenario 2, they lose. I think using the reactor kamikaze would be enough to destroy the mothership, but they have no way of getting into the portal like Iron Man did.

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by marwash22
not using any damn spoilers in vs threads, if you haven't seen the movie, you shouldn't be in here.

estahuh

Jaegers take scenario 1.

In scenario 2, they lose. I think using the reactor kamikaze would be enough to destroy the mothership, but they have no way of getting into the portal like Iron Man did.

They can stand on each others shoulders and the one on top can jump into the portal. Maybe. :3

Darth Martin
No way they win. They have very poor range capabilities and are slow.
Loki could likely take at least one by himself. Sure, they could wrestle giant Leviathan but the actual Chitauri will be climbing on them like insects. Eventually they'll breach the armor.

Those things are so big they'll likely cause alot of damage rather than stopping it. Iron Man and Thor provide for just so much versatility and are extremely mobile. Even Hulk, compared to the Jaiger, is capable of traveling distances and getting out of tough spots when overwhelmed.

The fighting skill, tactics, and overall intelligence of the Jaiger pilots leave much to be determined.

Newjak
I honestly think the Jeagers go down. For all their physical size they were still able to be hurt. That Jaeger at that survived that nuke had his arm clean ripped off in one scene before that.

I could see the Chitauri weapons being able to damage them. I could see the Leviathons managing to rip into them as well like big piranha.

Lestov16
I think they can take the Leviathans easily. If Hulk was slamming them into the ground, then I'm sure the Jaegers, who are strong enough to wield cruise ships like baseball bats, can do so as well. It's the ships that will be the problem I think. There's too many of them and they're so small and fast. It would be like trying to swat down a swarm of yellowjacket wasps. You might get a couple, but eventually you get stung. Not to mention that the Chituari will probably be climbing onto/into the suit like ants.

Q99
Originally posted by Newjak
I honestly think the Jeagers go down. For all their physical size they were still able to be hurt. That Jaeger at that survived that nuke had his arm clean ripped off in one scene before that.

By something far bigger, more massive, and even faster than anything the Chitauri had. The impact of Raiju's charge dwarfs the Chitauri's attacks.

FrothByte
Chitauri are too small and too agile. Jaegers will get a few of them but a lot more will be able to land clean shots on them and start crawling all over the robots, eventually finding a way in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.