Pacific Rim Kaiju vs The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Five Class 5 Kaiju attack Manhattan. The Avengers must stop them. Can they succeed?

ares834
No.

Lestov16
Even Hulk goes down? What if it was Bana Hulk? Would that help their chances?

Emma718
If those massive Jaegers can't, I don't know if The Avengers can.

NotAllThatEvil
If both hulks were there, they might take down one.

Lestov16
What if it was:

The Avengers
Bana Hulk
The Fantastic Four
Doctor Doom
Sandman (max size from SM3)
Sebastian Shaw

How much do their chances improve?

Emma718
Throw in the X-Men and maybe it could work.

Lestov16
We'll toss Magneto in there, since he's the most powerful psychokinetic besides Jean, who is way too powerful for this match. With Magneto, how good are the Marvel Alliance's chances?

And how will Thor's Jotunheim blast factor into it?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lestov16
What if it was:

The Avengers
Bana Hulk
The Fantastic Four
Doctor Doom
Sandman (max size from SM3)
Sebastian Shaw

How much do their chances improve?

Shaw soloes.

Lestov16
Indeed, Shaw is too strong. What if he was replaced with Magneto?

NotAllThatEvil
Are we still acounting for the toxicity of their blood?

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Shaw soloes.

How? The Kaiju are highly acidic if he kills one he dies.

Lestov16
What would be the outcome of both scenarios?

Nephthys
He lets one punch him a few times then punches its head off.

He can probably blow the blood away with kinetic force or something.

ares834
I'm doubtful. Heck, it's arguable if he will be able to take the Kaiju's attacks which are well beyond anything Shaw was shown to absorb.

NemeBro
He absorbed a nuclear reactor with enough juice to blow up IIRC Cuba.

NotAllThatEvil
A level 5 kaiju shrugged off one of those.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro

That would be if it blew up. When Shaw was absorbing it's energy it wasn't blowing up, merely generating vast amounts of energy.

golem370
Movie Magneto drops Golden Gate bridge on it, 887,000 tons would squash it.

Lestov16
This is in Manhattan, so he'll have to settle for the Brooklyn Bridge

Mindset
They are too fast for that to happen.

NotAllThatEvil
Don't we see class 1 kaiju walk right through the golden gate bridge at the beginning of the movie?

Mindset
Yes.

ares834
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Don't we see class 1 kaiju walk right through the golden gate bridge at the beginning of the movie?

That one didn't have a class.

NotAllThatEvil
I figured the early ones were weaker.

BruceSkywalker
lol.. someone's new toy

the avengers win here.. definitely can see Shaw solo

SevenShackles
One of the Kaiju had a massive bio EMP. Couldnt that screw up ironman? Just curious if movie stark has shown resistance to such things.. Not that it's needed to take ironman down but if it can it removes any use he could possible be with his lasers..and..uhh.. Stuff. He can like blind them or something lol.

ares834
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lol.. someone's new toy

the avengers win here.. definitely can see Shaw solo

How do the Avengers win?

The Kaiju are taking hits from the Jaegers who are powerful enough to swing massive boats like baseball bats. Thor and Hulk aren't going to be able to do much damage...

As for Shaw soling, he may kill one but then the toxic nature of the Kaiju is going to end him.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ares834
How do the Avengers win?

The Kaiju are taking hits from the Jaegers who are powerful enough to swing massive boats like baseball bats. Thor and Hulk aren't going to be able to do much damage...

As for Shaw soling, he may kill one but then the toxic nature of the Kaiju is going to end him.

i see that you are "al bundying" the kaiju.. fine

first off Shaw,no reason for me not to believe he can tank them, afterall he will certainly see them attack.. what toxic nature?? don;t recall their "toxic nature" killing the jaegers or the humans

The Kaiju went down after being hit from the Jaegers fists, so unless the Kaiju are impervious/immune to Thor's fists/ Mjolnir or Hulk's fists that is very laughable.. but kindly remind me where it was said that The Kaiju can survive being hit from a God or creature like the Hulk because afterall they lost to giant mecha's so when the Kaiju are being hit by Thor and Hulk, they will fall, leaving only Thor and Hulk standing still.. also pretty sure Thor's lightning is more powerful than an emp blast

Originally posted by SevenShackles
One of the Kaiju had a massive bio EMP. Couldnt that screw up ironman? Just curious if movie stark has shown resistance to such things.. Not that it's needed to take ironman down but if it can it removes any use he could possible be with his lasers..and..uhh.. Stuff. He can like blind them or something lol.

that emp birst could frack with Stark's armor however nothing was ever said in the Avengers if something like that could hurt

NotAllThatEvil
The Jaeger survived a nuclear bomb while damaged. It takes several hits from one to even slow down the kaiju. Hulk might be able to mess one up a little, but I don't think thor has the same kinda umph.

How exactly do shaw's powers work? A dime killed.

BruceSkywalker
The Jaeger survived a nuclear bomb while damaged. It takes several hits from one to even slow down the kaiju. Hulk might be able to mess one up a little, but I don't think thor has the same kinda umph.

How exactly do shaw's powers work? A dime killed.

hulk will mess 'em all up.. lol

have to re watch first class but iirc, shaw was being held by xavier still when he was killed by the dime

Emi~Kiro
How do the Avengers win?

I don't buy that toxic nature stuff. They mentioned something about them being toxic but then in the movie we see a big Chop shop operation conducted but humans on freshly dead kaiju. Cutting up, going inside, taking organs and whatever else of value. If they can do that then Shaw getting blood and guts on him won't harm him. Hell alot of that part of the movie said people were buying parts and ingesting Them for various reasons. Nevermind them living with giant kaiju rib cages as part of their urban landscape.

The 'toxic' stuff where you see people in protective gear was the light blue water. it could of been a chemical reaction with the water or even 'waste' for all we know. Looking at the vague nature of how toxic they are supposed to be compared to how non toxic every bit and piece of them were actually shown I don't think it factors in here.

NotAllThatEvil
Gypsy fall from space= no problem.
Hulk fall from lower distance=knocked unconscious and revert to banner.
The red Jaeger seemed to think they were pretty bad.

But how do thry work?

Emi~Kiro
The kaiju who shoots giant robot dissolving acid melts shaw.

ares834
i see that you are "al bundying" the kaiju.. fine

first off Shaw,no reason for me not to believe he can tank them, afterall he will certainly see them attack.. what toxic nature?? don;t recall their "toxic nature" killing the jaegers or the humans

The Kaiju went down after being hit from the Jaegers fists, so unless the Kaiju are impervious/immune to Thor's fists/ Mjolnir or Hulk's fists that is very laughable.. but kindly remind me where it was said that The Kaiju can survive being hit from a God or creature like the Hulk because afterall they lost to giant mecha's so when the Kaiju are being hit by Thor and Hulk, they will fall, leaving only Thor and Hulk standing still.. also pretty sure Thor's lightning is more powerful than an emp blast

I'll drop the toxicity of the Kaiju as it was, admittedly, not a major part of the movie.

However, there is no way that Thor and Hulk are putting them down physically. Yes, the Kaiju were hurt by the Jaegers but then the Jaegers are far more powerful than any of the Avengers. As I said earlier, the Jaegers were using ships as baseball bats. That's beyond anything Hulk or Thor did in the films.

Heck, these guys were surviving nukes. Nothing the Avengers throw at them is going to put them down.

BruceSkywalker
I'll drop the toxicity of the Kaiju as it was, admittedly, not a major part of the movie.

However, there is no way that Thor and Hulk are putting them down physically. Yes, the Kaiju were hurt by the Jaegers but then the Jaegers are far more powerful than any of the Avengers. As I said earlier, the Jaegers were using ships as baseball bats. That's beyond anything Hulk or Thor did in the films.

Heck, these guys were surviving nukes. Nothing the Avengers throw at them is going to put them down.

i think they do though.. i can;t see the Kaiju still standing after Hulk engages them, let alone Thor reigning down lightning, they could but I just don;t see it

Mindset
The level 5 tanked a nuke and was still fighting.

You think some lightning or Hulk's punches are gonna take it out?

Unless the Kaiju doesn't fight back, I'd pick them to win.

NotAllThatEvil
Lightning is like plasma, right? They had to unleash a few clips of plasma canon rounds to take down the kaiju.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
The level 5 tanked a nuke and was still fighting.

You think some lightning or Hulk's punches are gonna take it out?

Unless the Kaiju doesn't fight back, I'd pick them to win.

don;t see why not? afterall the ksiju also went to down to plasma blasts and punches

Mindset
don;t see why not? afterall the ksiju also went to down to plasma blasts and punches Not a level 5, which is what's in this thread.

NotAllThatEvil
I think you might be underestimating the force of those canons and punches. Jaegers are really REALLY big.

Mindset
There's also that.

They showed more strength than any of these heroes.

BruceSkywalker
I think you might be underestimating the force of those canons and punches. Jaegers are really REALLY big.

no not really, since i saw the film.. just feel Hulk's punches should also work on them

NotAllThatEvil
They'd work, but they won't do close to Jaeger level. I don't really get shaw, but no one else seems to be up for the challenge.

BruceSkywalker
They'd work, but they won't do close to Jaeger level. I don't really get shaw, but no one else seems to be up for the challenge.

how wouldn't they on jaeger level especially since Hulk won;t be a moving target

Darth Martin
I was impressed with the Kaiju. Not the Jaiger.

Something is telling Iron Man would be a bigger threat than one of those giant robots.

If Thor isn't jobbing like he was in the Avengers movie and retains the power level he was at in his solo film between him, Hulk, and Iron Man I think the Avengers have a shot. Captain America and Widow are useless obviously against the creatures so they will be performing rescue efforts and crowd control as possible.

The Kaiju were pretty uber though. All of them seemed to be able to use acid, were naturally stronger than the robots, and one even set off an EMP.

Can all Kaiju fly? Because if not Iron Man should have no problem maintaining distance.

Don't underestimate Hawkeye though. The dude could definitely scout all these creatures and snipe them in their weak spots.

NotAllThatEvil
Some kaiju can fly. They can make it to space in a minute or two, actually.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Don't underestimate Hawkeye though. The dude could definitely scout all these creatures and snipe them in their weak spots.

I doubt he has anything in his arsenal that can take out a Class 5 Kaiju

congpert2
That could mean anything though.http://hornt.computerxray.com/06.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/07.jpghttp://william.clotheclub.com/01.jpg
http://william.clotheclub.com/02.jpg
http://william.clotheclub.com/03.jpg
http://william.clotheclub.com/04.jpg
http://william.clotheclub.com/05.jpg

Darth Martin
Take out? No. But damage or weaken? Maybe.

NotAllThatEvil
It took six days of nonstop tanks and airforce fire to take down a class 1. A few exploding arrows aren't even gonna tickle.

Newjak
It took six days of nonstop tanks and airforce fire to take down a class 1. A few exploding arrows aren't even gonna tickle. What about the one that took down a hellicarrier engine?

Remember one of the earlier Kajiu were shown to fit on an aircraft carrier so I could see that arrow doing some damage.

NotAllThatEvil
Maybe against a class 1, not class 5.

Newjak
Maybe against a class 1, not class 5. I just wanted to point out Hawkeye potentially has a damaging arrow against Kaiju. He could potentially cause damage by firing it into it's eyes or mouth stick out tongue

Also has fun as it is to denote size and power of Kaiju once you got to class 3 to 4 and possibly 5 to a lesser degree their power levels didn't seem to increase significantly.

One class 3 managed to take Gypsy Danger down while later in the movie Gypsy Danger was able to beat 2 Class 4 Kaiju.

Striker was able to damage and slice up the class 5 Kaiju some before detonating he bomb. Class 5s are still insanely durable and the Avengers would have a hard time even managing to take down one of them. Although I could see Hulk jumping inside one to cause some damage, same with Thor.

IronMan might be able to go inside and laser blast one's brain.

NotAllThatEvil
They have a two brains...

Newjak
They have a two brains... A smaller brain used to help control their large body.

It's not the same as their main brain. It's not like it's a straight back up where if you destroy the main brain the smaller can kick in to keep the monster going.

You take out the one brain the Kaiju is done for.

NotAllThatEvil
Off topic: do large animals really have two brains?

Newjak
Off topic: do large animals really have two brains? I don't think being a large animal means you need two brains.

I have heard that there are animals that have multiple brain type organs. Like an Octopus os said to have brains in all their tentacles. I don't know how valid that statement is though.

But I think most large creatures like a Blue Whale only have one brain.

Emi~Kiro
Someone was trying to make a case for the toxic nature of the kaiju and I figured I'd look into it.

wakkawakkawakka
So the avengers die horrible....horrible deaths. Good to know.

Still not sure how Shaw would handle this though.

marwash22
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Still not sure how Shaw would handle this though. he gets squished. confused

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by marwash22
he gets squished. confused

But what about the whole..."absorbing kinetic energy" thing. Then again he was killed with a coin albeit with help.

marwash22
All the kaiju has to do is put it's foot on Shaw and the pressure would pulp him. That's how Magneto killed Shaw, by making the coin move so slowly that Shaw had no energy to absorb.

Lestov16
Um, no. He was killed because Xavier mind controlled Shaw to turn off his power. Thus why Xavier was screaming because he felt the pain of Shaw's death.

marwash22
he was in Shaw's mind, keeping his body from moving. it was the "baby version" of how old Xavier "froze" people in the other movies.

SevenShackles
All the kaiju has to do is put it's foot on Shaw and the pressure would pulp him. That's how Magneto killed Shaw, by making the coin move so slowly that Shaw had no energy to absorb.

Idk, no matter how slow and lumbering their steps might be it's still a massive creature, shouldn't it's sheer size generate enough force and momentum on it's own just walking to feed Shaws powers?

marwash22
i dunno. maybe.

Even if Shaw manages to absorb the initial impact, what then? He's still trapped under it's massive foot. Does he use reserves to blow a hole through the foot?

wakkawakkawakka
So how would Shaw handle the acid blood from the Kaiju?

SevenShackles
i dunno. maybe.

Even if Shaw manages to absorb the initial impact, what then? He's still trapped under it's massive foot. Does he use reserves to blow a hole through the foot?

I don't think they would just pin him down. They will either step on him without notice in which they will eventually step off of him allowing him to wait it out and keep whatever energy he absorbs or they are trying to kill him in which they will keep hitting him or chew on him in which I'd imagine would just give him more energy.. Unless it falls on him then he would Need to unleash his power in an attempt not to suffocate but even then alot of toxic mojo would flood him while he tries to crawl out of it's corpse.

At most shaw can kill one before he dies from acid/toxic reasons. If he pulls the crap luck to try and take shots from the acid spitting Kaiju it might just ...well.. Spit acid on him. When it got annoyed with going blow for blow with the jaeger it spat at him.. Makes sense to think if it tries to crush little shaw and gets no where or even hurt while attempting it that it would spit it's acid on him.

Zack Fair
LoL Shaw is so trollish.

Mindship
If movie Mjolnir is going to be in any way faithful to comic book Mjolnir, Thor should be able to take out a kaiju with one throw through the head or heart. Hulk's best bet might be to leap to the skull and bash it in; he can start breaking bones at ground level; or he can throw pointy wreckage - we know he has good aim. Not sure what Iron Man or Hawkeye can do, other than distract a kaiju to Thor or Hulk's advantage (eg, so a kaiju doesn't swat Hulk away in mid-leap). Cap gets to bounce his shield off their toenails, and Black Widow goes after looters.

In the beginning, the kaiju will knock them around. But once the Avengers get a rhythm going, those puny kaiju-makers won't know what hit 'em.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Someone was trying to make a case for the toxic nature of the kaiju and I figured I'd look into it.

That's weird because Chau was able to take parts and sell it on the black market for medicine, and maybe consumption I think.

FrothByte
As powerful as the Kaiju is, it's far too slow to be able to tag the Avengers. Forget the humans, just get IM, Thor, and Hulk. That Kaiju isn't fast or agile enough to tag them, they can just ride on it's back, IM keeps blasting it, Thor keeps lightning striking it, and Hulk... well Hulk does whatever. Sure it will take them hours or even a couple of days to kill it (by that time the city is destroyed) but I still see Avengers winning more often than the Kaiju beating them.

Of course that's just 1 kaiju. If there's 5 of them, well it will take them days to kill all of them. At which point Manhattan is complete rubble. So the Avengers will probably fail the mission but will win in the long run.

Darth Martin
I think I remember Thor speedblitzing a Frost Giant in his solo film and killing it(went through it like a missile). Could he not do the same here?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by NemeBro
A nuclear submarine lacks the juice to blow up all of Cuba. Or even a small city at that.

But I agree, he could likely take out one or two of the monsters before getting killed.

Newjak
The Kaiju didn't really seem to have toxic blood. The one had acid spit but I think that was it.

wallman77
Enough of this toxic blood crap. Hannibal chow was able to cut his way out of a flippin kaiju stomach and was perfectly fine.

ares834
ujNFvoUgCZs

As he says here, they neutralize the acid.

FrothByte
ujNFvoUgCZs

As he says here, they neutralize the acid.

He says they neutralize the acid so it's safe for consumption. That doesn't exactly mean that the blood is toxic if only applied on the skin surface.

Besides, only ONE kaiju displayed the capability of making acid. None of the others had it.

SevenShackles
I would now like to see Kevin Bacon Shaw get eaten by a Kaiju in one gulp.

If Thor pulled that 'top of the building lightning strike' he did in avengers do you think it would do significant damage to a kaiju?

Lestov16
I doubt it. These are Class 5s that we're talking about, which can withstand nukes. Thor will have to break out a Jotunheim blast......or several.

wakkawakkawakka
I doubt it. These are Class 5s that we're talking about, which can withstand nukes. Thor will have to break out a Jotunheim blast......or several.

They'll beat up Thor before he gets the chance. He's the biggest threat and even then the rest of the Avengers are too weak to actually do anything....except for Hulk perhaps.

Lestov16
Couldn't he fly like a bullet through their heads?

FrothByte
They'll beat up Thor before he gets the chance. He's the biggest threat and even then the rest of the Avengers are too weak to actually do anything....except for Hulk perhaps.

How are they going to beat him up if they can't catch him? The Jaegers were slow as dirt and yet they usually beat the Kaijus to the punch. Thor is a small, mobile, and fast flying object to them. It might take Thor more than one lightning strike to damage them, but I don't see any problem with him simply riding on the back of the Kaiju and jotunheim busting it's ass over and over again.

ares834
They aren't slow. Yes, they appear to be slow but that's because they are huge.

FrothByte
They aren't slow. Yes, they appear to be slow but that's because they are huge.

Well to be fair, they move pretty fast for their size, but they're still too slow to tag Thor or IM. They'd probably even have trouble with Hulk. Thor and especially IM are very mobile in flight and are both quite fast. And like I said, what's to stop Thor/IM from simply piggybacking on the Kaiju and then from there repeatedly blast them until they get through the hide?

ares834
The level 5 tanked a nuke... No way is Iron Man doing anything to one of them. Heck, it's doubtful Thor can do anything.

Lestov16
I don't know if Iron Man has enough firepower TBH. It may be up to Thor and possibly Hulk.

FrothByte
The level 5 tanked a nuke... No way is Iron Man doing anything to one of them. Heck, it's doubtful Thor can do anything.

Tanked a nuke but it was seriously injured. PLUS the Jaeger sword had no trouble piercing it. If normal steel can pierce it as long as enough strength is behind the blow, heck Stark can just make high grade claw-swords for Hulk. Or maybe even laser swords. Then give one to Thor for good measure.

They might have a hard time harming the Kaiju, but at least they're getting a chance to try and hurt the kaiju. On the other hand the kaiju won't even get a chance to try and hurt them if he can't hit them.

Honestly I don't think IM's firepower can hurt the Kaiju. I'm thinking more his laser or if that doesn't work, make himself some swords. Surgical precision and then start hacking at the Kaiju. Chow's men were able to slice and dice the kaiju remains after all.

marwash22
The Kaiju aren't trying to catch or hurt the Avengers, their purpose in this thread is to destroy Manhattan. By the time Stark creates laser swords and claw swords (...lol), the city will be is ashes.

also, you can't just invent tech that didn't appear in the movies. Otherwise, you could just say the Avengers could synthesize a chemical that would kill the Kaiju.

ares834
Stark wasn't able to pierce the Leviathan's armor. There is no way he is hurting the Kaiju.

And really, are we know resorting to stuff that Stark producing items that he has never made anything similar before. Heck, the Avengers don't even have prep for this battle.

FrothByte
Stark wasn't able to pierce the Leviathan's armor. There is no way he is hurting the Kaiju.

And really, are we know resorting to stuff that Stark producing items that he has never made anything similar before. Heck, the Avengers don't even have prep for this battle.

That was the leviathan which had visually thick armor. This is a kaiju, whom (again) Chow and his men were able to slice and dice and chop into little pieces with no specialized machinery. Are you telling me that a high grade sword wielded with Thor or Hulk or IM's strength won't be able to do what Chow's men were able to do?

Now just to be clear, I don't think the Avengers will stop the Kaiju from destroying Manhattan. The Kaiju will probably end up destroying the rest of the neighboring cities. But the Avengers still have a better chance of killing the kaiju than the kaiju killing the avengers.

SevenShackles
Also lets not forget in this thread the avengers must fight off 5 class five kaiju at the same time. I don't think 'working together' is beyond them either if it's needed. It's heavily stacked against marvel team up here.

FrothByte
The Kaiju aren't trying to catch or hurt the Avengers, their purpose in this thread is to destroy Manhattan. By the time Stark creates laser swords and claw swords (...lol), the city will be is ashes.

also, you can't just invent tech that didn't appear in the movies. Otherwise, you could just say the Avengers could synthesize a chemical that would kill the Kaiju.

Well ok, laser swords might be too much. But high-grade steel swords shouldn't be a problem. And as I mentioned, Chow and his men were easily chopping up the kaiju remains.

But yes I agree, Manhattan is doomed. The entire New York State would probably be rubble by the time the Avengers kill all 5 Kaijus. All I'm saying is, that the Avengers can more easily kill the kaiju than the other way around.

marwash22
Originally posted by FrothByte
Are you telling me that a high grade sword wielded with Thor or Hulk or IM's strength won't be able to do what Chow's men were able to do?
I'm not telling you that, I'm telling you the point is irrelevant since no such sword exists.

Lestov16
What if the Kaiju were specifically targeting the Avengers? How do things go then?

FrothByte
I'm not telling you that, I'm telling you the point is irrelevant since no such sword exists.

No sword exists? There are swords like this aplenty. I'm not talking about laser swords here. Just decent made steel swords with best quality steel.

FrothByte
What if the Kaiju were specifically targeting the Avengers? How do things go then?

Then the Avengers win. It may take a while, but they'll eventually win.

ares834
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Also lets not forget in this thread the avengers must fight off 5 class five kaiju at the same time. I don't think 'working together' is beyond them either if it's needed. It's heavily stacked against marvel team up here.

I'm almost baffled people think the Avengers win this.

And to give the Avengers an edge people are saying Tony is going to invent laser swords... WTF.

Lestov16
Couldn't he fly like a bullet through their heads?

wakkawakkawakka

They beat up Thor while the rest are a non-factor no expression

Granted the Joutenheim Blast could do considerable amounts of damage. 5 nuke tanking monsters would be too much IMO.

Lestov16
Couldn't Iron Man shoot out a Kaiju's eyes? And couldn't Thor be a lightning bullet?

ares834
Probably not.

FrothByte
They beat up Thor while the rest are a non-factor no expression

Granted the Joutenheim Blast could do considerable amounts of damage. 5 nuke tanking monsters would be too much IMO.

Again, the Kaiju's are not fast enough to tag either Thor or IM. How come everybody repeatedly ignores this? If Thor lands in the back of one Kaiju, say right behind it's shoulder blades, how does the kaiju get to him then? Thor can then proceed to jotunheim blast that Kaiju as much as he wants.

FrothByte
I'm almost baffled people think the Avengers win this.

And to give the Avengers an edge people are saying Tony is going to invent laser swords... WTF.

That was an option, not necessary for the Avengers to win. Like I said repeatedly, Chow's men were able to chop up Kaiju remains using standard cutting tools. Give the same cutting tools to someone with Thor's or Hulk's strength and imagine what they can do to a Kaiju.

wakkawakkawakka
Again, the Kaiju's are not fast enough to tag either Thor or IM. How come everybody repeatedly ignores this? If Thor lands in the back of one Kaiju, say right behind it's shoulder blades, how does the kaiju get to him then? Thor can then proceed to jotunheim blast that Kaiju as much as he wants.

Still not seeing how Iron Man would do anything. Aside from repulsor blast and lasers there isn't much he has to offer. I mean it did take 6 days of non-stop bombardment to take out a Class 1 conventionally. Even though Iron Man's tech is a cut above the rest it still won't help much.

I could see Thor taking out one at least before the four others beat him up. Not saying that he isn't powerful but he wouldn't hurt them fast enough before additional Kaiju gang up on him.

FrothByte
Still not seeing how Iron Man would do anything. Aside from repulsor blast and lasers there isn't much he has to offer. I mean it did take 6 days of non-stop bombardment to take out a Class 1 conventionally. Even though Iron Man's tech is a cut above the rest it still won't help much.

I could see Thor taking out one at least before the four others beat him up. Not saying that he isn't powerful but he wouldn't hurt them fast enough before additional Kaiju gang up on him.

Even if they do gang up on Thor, then he just flies away. Duck, avoid, land on another Kaiju, jotunheim smash. Rinse and repeat. Heck just hover in the air and blast them from there. It's not like he's just going to sit there and allow himself to get squashed.

The Kaiju looked especially tough against concussive force like bombs and missiles. Energy based weapons like the plasma cannon did penetrate it, though it takes repeated blasts to put it down. So maybe IM's repulsors can work, probably his lasers. Though I'm not sure how effective they will be. I still think they should resort to cutting weapons though, as these seem to be the most effective against the kaiju.

The biggest threat to the Avengers in this fight isn't the Kaiju, it's sheer exhaustion. Thor and Hulk can hurt the Kaiju, but I'm not sure how long it will take for them to take one down. But as long as they play it smart then the Kaiju shouldn't be able to touch them.

Robtard
They Jaegar energy cannons were literally hundreds of times larger than Iron Man's energy weapons, I don't see him being able to do jack and shit to a Kaiju except annoy the **** out of one possibly.

dadudemon
Iron Man's chest blast will be enough to do major damage to a Kaiju.

Also, Iron Man's armor piercing round will one shot any Kaiju.

Lastly, Thor and Hulk can just tank the beatings from the Kaiju while Tony flies back to reload is armor piercing rounds.

Theeeee eeeend.

The Kaiju are slow. They are soft. And they are fleshy. Just because one of them survived a nuke with heavy damage, does not mean they are invulnerable. All that proved is part of it's flesh would vape just as easily as any other colossal animal during a nuclear blast. It had the benefit of an ocean to dampen the vaporization effect of the blast. As we saw, the area around the portal was largely unaffected by the nuke which tells me the movie makers either intended for that nuke to be stupid weak or they just do not have a scale idea for a 1.2 megaton nuke.

Let's go with the first: it was just the makers not realizing how weak they made their nuke look.

The Kaiju are still fleshy beings that can be cut up with regular ol' knives and sold on a black market. Nuke or not, Stark can solo as long as he stays out of range.

NotAllThatEvil
Where are people getting Thor's speed from? He wasn't that fast in either movie.

FrothByte
Where are people getting Thor's speed from? He wasn't that fast in either movie.

He wasn't that fast, but still way faster than any Kaiju. Even Hulk is faster than a Kaiju, a lot faster. Thor's reaction speed IS faster than both IM and Hulk, as seen in how he mostly dodges their punches and hits. His flight speed may not be as impressive as IM's but it is still pretty impressive considering what we saw in his movie. Now watch how fast he flies, and tell me that a Kaiju is fast enough to catch that?

Thor may not have Superman's speed feats but he really doesn't need them considering that Kaiju are actually pretty slow. The Jaegers looked very slow but they had no trouble beating the Kaijus to the punch.

ares834
On the subject of cutting the corpses of the Kaiju this is fairly interesting: Clicky.

Basically, after death the Kaiju's body quickly decays and "self destroy".

All in all, I'm not convinced Thor's hammer blows are going to do much as, once again, the Kaigu were tanking getting hit by tankers used as baseball bats.

FrothByte
On the subject of cutting the corpses of the Kaiju this is fairly interesting: Clicky.

Basically, after death the Kaiju's body quickly decays and "self destroy".

All in all, I'm not convinced Thor's hammer blows are going to do much as, once again, the Kaigu were tanking getting hit by tankers used as baseball bats.

Well I agree that the hammer blows won't do much, neither will Hulk's fists. It's Thor's lightning strikes that I'm banking on.

Regarding the article you mentioned, it's interesting and yet it contradicts what we see in the movie. If the kaiju are supposed to self destruct, then why are there loads of their remains being harvested? Sure Chow and his men ice it, but they're also cutting into it already even before freezing it.

dadudemon

And yet, an entire subplot of the film is based entirely around quickly harvesting and preserving Kaiju bodies. smile

Mindset
Well I agree that the hammer blows won't do much, neither will Hulk's fists. It's Thor's lightning strikes that I'm banking on.

Regarding the article you mentioned, it's interesting and yet it contradicts what we see in the movie. If the kaiju are supposed to self destruct, then why are there loads of their remains being harvested? Sure Chow and his men ice it, but they're also cutting into it already even before freezing it. Originally posted by dadudemon
And yet, an entire subplot of the film is based entirely around quickly harvesting and preserving Kaiju bodies. smile The bodies were decomposing quickly, that was why Charlie had to go see Clay Morrow. Then Clay explains how he preserves them.

BloodRain
He wasn't that fast, but still way faster than any Kaiju. Even Hulk is faster than a Kaiju, a lot faster. Thor's reaction speed IS faster than both IM and Hulk, as seen in how he mostly dodges their punches and hits. His flight speed may not be as impressive as IM's but it is still pretty impressive considering what we saw in his movie. Now watch how fast he flies, and tell me that a Kaiju is fast enough to catch that?

Thor may not have Superman's speed feats but he really doesn't need them considering that Kaiju are actually pretty slow. The Jaegers looked very slow but they had no trouble beating the Kaijus to the punch. By size they must be clicking in at 200mph. Only recall IMs flight speed being above this (well above), but the others? Maybe Thor if I could see that scene.

FrothByte
Originally posted by BloodRain
By size they must be clicking in at 200mph. Only recall IMs flight speed being above this (well above), but the others? Maybe Thor if I could see that scene.

200 mph? Maybe running speed, yes. But quickness and reflex? I don't think so. They won't be racing against IM and Thor. They're trying to catch and swat them out of the air. And so far they have shown no such quickness to be able to do that.

Watch the Thor movie in that scene where he flies and smashes into the monster for his flight speed.

ares834
Thor's fast but I can't recall him every flying 200 MPH. The Kaiju won't have an easy time swatting Thor out of the air, but it's not going to be impossible.

BloodRain
200 mph? Maybe running speed, yes. But quickness and reflex? I don't think so. They won't be racing against IM and Thor. They're trying to catch and swat them out of the air. And so far they have shown no such quickness to be able to do that.

Watch the Thor movie in that scene where he flies and smashes into the monster for his flight speed. If it was only running speed the Jaegers could react. Its both though. They were throwing fists, claws, tails and taking less than a sec to cover large distances. Being 260ft tall makes them fast in comparison.

The Silent Hero
Absolutely not.

Estacado
Kaiju easy..lulz at Iron Man doing any damage ...

the ninjak
Can't see why Hulk and Thor don't simply rip through them.
Especially their heads.

Lestov16
Why can't Thor fly through one's head like a bullet? Or he could let one swallow him and blast his way out. If Ron Perlman could cut himself out of one, can't Thor?

jediwan
the kaijus are connected to the other dimension if they somehow cut that access off they drop dead. so you would want to have someone figure that out , Reed Richards from Fantastic Four, Beast from Xmen, Take quinjet down to the portal and close it. Thor and ironman and hulk could probably take out 1 or 2 at first, but the rest would have destroyed city.

the ninjak
Reed would have figured out the problem of the portal in a few days if not sooner.

wakkawakkawakka
Why can't Thor fly through one's head like a bullet? Or he could let one swallow him and blast his way out. If Ron Perlman could cut himself out of one, can't Thor?

Because Thor isn't Ron Perlman no expression

But Thor is their best bet though enough physical trauma could put him down seeing as how he was scared of the 30,000 feet drop and got a nosebleed from Hulk.

SevenShackles
Can we just all agree ironman is rather useless in the physical confrontation portion of this fight?

FrothByte
Because Thor isn't Ron Perlman no expression

But Thor is their best bet though enough physical trauma could put him down seeing as how he was scared of the 30,000 feet drop and got a nosebleed from Hulk.

I'm pretty sure Thor and even Hulk can be seriously hurt by a direct hit from a Kaiju. I doubt that a Kaiju can hit him though considering how slow the Kaijus were. I mean, they're fast for their size, but not fast enough to tag Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.