Clingy Relationships!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
Why is it not good to be clingy in a relationship. I took some time to look up "clingy" and they say that it is a person who is obsessed, and wants to spend time with the mate all of the time and shares their love all of the time. To think that this would be a quality that someone could appreciate in a relationship seems to be a problem. Why would it be a bad thing to be clingy?

Astner
Because with clingy they mean too clingy, which means that you can't run down to the convenience store a stone's throw from where you live without being interrogated like you're going to spend the night with your ex.

atv2
Originally posted by Astner
Because with clingy they mean too clingy, which means that you can't run down to the convenience store a stone's throw from where you live without being interrogated like you're going to spend the night with your ex.

That makes sense, considering that their are alot of couples who have been involved in previous relationships and may have experienced cheating from their partner. This can alter a person's perception of trust and cause them to worry if their new mate live leave them for another person.

focus4chumps

i think you are confusing clingy with jealous. clingy usually refers to separation anxiety behavior. "omg i texted you TEN MINUTES AGO and you ignored me!!! :'(", and things relating to a constant need for attention/affection in any setting, constant forbiddance of their partner's personal space, etc.

atv2
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i think you are confusing clingy with jealous. clingy usually refers to separation anxiety behavior. "omg i texted you TEN MINUTES AGO and you ignored me!!! :'(", and things relating to a constant need for attention/affection in any setting, constant forbiddance of their partner's personal space, etc.

In terms of space, they can get it however women still want to complain. I've had to deal with this kind of thing alot over the past few years. The thing that eats up the space is that they'll tell that they would do something for you that should take 30 to 1 min to get to but then it draws out to 10 to 48 hours. It can leave a person hanging and frustrated if they see inconsistency.

atv2

Separation anxiety can happen, and sad to say, a woman will let a man have it. Escpecially an honorable man that does his best to live right and give his committment to her. It's hard to find good committment these days. Now for a man who sets himself in the quantity of women and is bound by his lust, separation anxiety won't mean anything to him. If he doesn't get the attention he wants from that women, he just goes to another and gets attention from her. Unfortunately, women do go for this kind of guy. I'm getting a better understanding now why even as I type this response.

dadudemon

I like all of those traits in a partner. no expression

Omega Vision
Dadudemon's theme song is Cheap Trick's I Want You to Obsess Over Me

Digi
I'd punch a clingy or jealous girl in the face. But not literally.

Originally posted by atv2
Why is it not good to be clingy in a relationship. I took some time to look up "clingy" and they say that it is a person who is obsessed, and wants to spend time with the mate all of the time and shares their love all of the time. To think that this would be a quality that someone could appreciate in a relationship seems to be a problem. Why would it be a bad thing to be clingy?

The fact that you have to ask this question, on the internet. I'm sure there's an explanation. Still, I lul'd.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Dadudemon's theme song is Cheap Trick's I Want You to Obsess Over Me

Nah, obsess is too far and probably creepy. There is a line. Constantly wanting attention and getting jelly at the drop of a hat is okay. And getting angry because I did not respond to a text for 10 whole minutes is okay, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.