Rorschach (Watchmen film) vs Thane Krios (Mass Effect Series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

COG Veteran
H2H only. Fight takes place in Mustafar base where Obi-Wan and Anakin fought. Each only know of the others presence, both are in their top physical shape. Who wins?

BloodRain
Not even self-exploding can stop Rorshach.. trust me.

Sacred 117
The only argument I could really make right now is that Thane knows how to kill Krogans with his bare hands, so humans shouldn't be much of a problem. However, I am aware that this isn't just any human. I never watched all of Watchmen, so I'm a little short on info for Rorschach. Care to help me with that?

Wei Phoenix
Thane is above Rorshach in all levels.

BloodRain
Yeah but who has the superior inner-monologue?

Wei Phoenix
I don't remember Thane having an inner-monologue so I guess Ror by default?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Thane is above Rorshach in all levels. Based on what exactly?

Wei Phoenix
Being a highly trained assassin, holding his own and even holding the advantage momentarily against Kai while severely sick and below his average. Every showing from the games that I've seen aren't even him at his peak due to being sick with that disease unless it didn't have any effects on his body during the second game. He's trained and skilled at killing beings that are vastly above peak human like Krogans and Turians.

NemeBro
Turians are so above peak human that Anderson knocked one out with a headbutt in fact.

Krogans? I have no doubt that with the right equipment and biotic powers, those things that Thane has no access to in this thread, that Rorschach could kill a Krogan.

With only his physical abilities, what has he done?

KingD19
He wrote up how he assassinates Krogan's with his bare hands in the Shadow Broker DLC Dossiers. That method involves acrobatics, and pressure points as well as massive strength to be able to snap a Krogan's neck. And with his physical abilities he fought and did good against Kai Leng who was clearly superhuman and cybernetically enhanced. Even though he was literally dying at the time.

SevenShackles
Thane is above Rorshach in all levels.
This I agree with. thumb up

Wei Phoenix
Well the Shadow Broker files on Thane shows that his preferred method to killing Krogans, Asari and Turians and humans are all strictly h2h. On screen he hasn't done much feat-wise unless you count verbal testimony but this is from the wiki page of the Shadow Broker Dossier on Thane.

What has film Rorshach done that puts him above Thane?

SevenShackles
Well the Shadow Broker files on Thane shows that his preferred method to killing Krogans, Asari and Turians and humans are all strictly h2h. On screen he hasn't done much feat-wise unless you count verbal testimony but this is from the wiki page of the Shadow Broker Dossier on Thane.

Got caught by cops after a long history of beating mostly unskilled thugs half/to death then getting blown up by a blue naked god man. Oh and he can MacGruber together weapons from crap found under the sink and such.

Wei Phoenix
That scene against the cops though was awesome. I liked it.

SevenShackles
That scene against the cops though was awesome. I liked it.
b4iir0RlFy0
that it was. thumb up

Sacred 117
Being a highly trained assassin, holding his own and even holding the advantage momentarily against Kai while severely sick and below his average. Every showing from the games that I've seen aren't even him at his peak due to being sick with that disease unless it didn't have any effects on his body during the second game. He's trained and skilled at killing beings that are vastly above peak human like Krogans and Turians.

I don't have the freshest memory on it, but from what I can tell, Kepral's Syndrome is a respiratory illness. As far as negative impact on performance goes, I'd say it brought him way down, which only reinforces any of his feats of CQC or otherwise.

COG Veteran
I don't want this to be spite against rorschach so i'll allow comic feats also in defense of him, Unless its ridiculous comic stuff like destroying galaxies or shattering dimensions or whatevs.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I don't want this to be spite against rorschach so i'll allow comic feats also in defense of him

Probably a good idea. I think only partially examining characters is bullshit, so I usually assimilate consistent adaptations.

Originally posted by COG Veteran
Unless its ridiculous comic stuff like destroying galaxies or shattering dimensions or whatevs.

Which would likely be classified as character inconsistency or PIS.

KingD19
Well, I don't think the Watchmen comic universe is overly powerful either.

NemeBro

Punch through reinforced glass as though it were styrofoam, avoid assault rifle fire from multiple Swat team officers firing at him, be generally and obviously superhuman, something Thane is not to my recollection.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Punch through reinforced glass as though it were styrofoam, avoid assault rifle fire from multiple Swat team officers firing at him, be generally and obviously superhuman, something Thane is not to my recollection.

I saw the Watchmen characters as peak human outside of Dr. for obvious reasons. I'll admit that they can be argued as superhuman, at least Owlman, Ozy and Rorshach. I can't recall any strength feats for Thane outside of the fact that aforementioned preferred ways to kill his targets. He's faster combat speed wise at least. He has an intimate knowledge over the human body. Thane has been killing for years, Hell, in his entrance he killed a room full of trained guns and his target, and stopped her from shooting him.

NemeBro
I saw the Watchmen characters as peak human outside of Dr. for obvious reasons. I'll admit that they can be argued as superhuman, at least Owlman, Ozy and Rorshach.

Lol? Ozymandias caught a bullet and jumped ten feet in the air from a standing position, Nite-Owl snapped arms with a single palm thrust, Comedian punched through the walls of his suite, sending him through the other side, and I've already documented Rorschach's cool shit.

Dem comicz warped yer brain man, "peak humans" in comics are anything but. No human could do what Cassandra Cain does.

Stop these!

/ grabs crotch

Wei Phoenix
I forgot about the Ozy bullet catch. Yeah they were superhuman at least in strength and reflexes. I've only seen the movie once myself. Well due to that, and Thane's lack of strength feats he fights Krogans, but his methods of killing them revolve around vulnerable areas.

I don't want to stop your dick and or balls, just leave them in your pants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.