Drax vs. Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
GOTG Drax vs. Aquaman (DCNU)

pym-ftw
Aquaman

comicfan11
Aquaman.
Would make a killer comic.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by comicfan11
Aquaman.
Would make a killer comic.

dmills
Drax.

celeyhyga17
Prolly Aquaman.

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Prolly Aquaman.

*glares at you*

stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
*glares at you*

stick out tongue
stick out tongue

I like his stats more. Current Drax is strong, but Aquaman has him beat I think feat wise.

Plus Drax's blades will break long before the trident(if it is even breakable) if it turns to a war of attrition.

dmills
stick out tongue

I like his stats more. Current Drax is strong, but Aquaman has him beat I think feat wise.

Plus Drax's blades will break long before the trident(if it is even breakable) if it turns to a war of attrition.

Current Drax is still plenty strong. At least anecdotally.

How is his combat speed and fighting skill? Drax would have a significant height and reach advantage as well.

Pretty sure he'd walk through the TP as well if that came into play also.

celeyhyga17
Current Drax is still plenty strong. At least anecdotally.

How is his combat speed and fighting skill? Drax would have a significant height and reach advantage as well.

Pretty sure he'd walk through the TP as well if that came into play also.
Haven't seen him tp offensively unless we count influencing creatures for offense. The latter prolly wouldn't matter for this fight.

Drax should give him one hell of a fight through sheer skill and ferocity.

Still taking Aquaman because of the seemingly better stats and weapon.

dmills
Haven't seen him tp offensively unless we count influencing creatures for offense. The latter prolly wouldn't matter for this fight.

Drax should give him one hell of a fight through sheer skill and ferocity.

Still taking Aquaman because of the seemingly better stats and weapon.

The weapon may well be superior, but if he isn't as skilled up close with it as Drax is with his 2 knives, then I can't see him beating Drax up close and personal... But you know Aquaman better than I.

celeyhyga17
The weapon may well be superior, but if he isn't as skilled up close with it as Drax is with his 2 knives, then I can't see him beating Drax up close and personal... But you know Aquaman better than I.
Arthur did beat his broham when he finally stopped holding back .. A guy who has been brought up and trained to be a king by a warrior like race..

He's got some skillz.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is the current Drax the same incarnation as the one from Annihilation?

Sixth_Winged
edited

-Pr-
Aquaman is one of those characters that shows skill in fights, but we don't really hear a lot about whatever actual training they had.

I mean, the guy wields a trident without hitting himself in the face; that's something even for starters.

comicfan11
In pre Flashpoint continuity there are many instances of Aquamn training with the JLA, Batman, Atlanteans and mention (on panel) of his skills.

In NuDCU we know
That he was king of Atlantis before for a while.
He came up with the Atlantean War Plans (they briefly took out AQ, WW and Supes in the process).
He's been a leader of team before even most other heroes existed and before JL.
He did beat Orm the active king of an advanced warrior race (showing skill and agility dodging hits and doing back flips and stuff).
Came up with the plan to distract Darkseid.
Came up with the plan to shatter Grave's shields.
Came up with the plan to capture Cheetah.
We already know he was mentored by Vulko (who has shown he is one heck of a mastermind in his first few appearances)
He has shown some martial arts skill when he took down Black Manta (putting him in a grapple and breaking his arm and hook wire in one move).
He has been show to be extremely accurate using the Trident as a ranged weapon (so far he has not missed)

Apart from the above I'm sure now that he finally is back in Atlantis more of his training will be shown.

Plus his skills with the Trident are made more clear when you look at the artwork by Reis and see the way he moves and attacks. By default he is probably the most skilled trident wielder in comics (anyone with any other examples would be appreciated).

He has been shown as a very capable warrior, leader and strategist so far.
That's all I've got for now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't remember Drax doing much in GoTG so far, but if everything he's done can be used, including Annihilation and so on, he guts Aquaman.

-Pr-
In pre Flashpoint continuity there are many instances of Aquamn training with the JLA, Batman, Atlanteans and mention (on panel) of his skills.

In NuDCU we know
That he was king of Atlantis before for a while.
He came up with the Atlantean War Plans (they briefly took out AQ, WW and Supes in the process).
He's been a leader of team before even most other heroes existed and before JL.
He did beat Orm the active king of an advanced warrior race (showing skill and agility dodging hits and doing back flips and stuff).
Came up with the plan to distract Darkseid.
Came up with the plan to shatter Grave's shields.
Came up with the plan to capture Cheetah.
We already know he was mentored by Vulko (who has shown he is one heck of a mastermind in his first few appearances)
He has shown some martial arts skill when he took down Black Manta (putting him in a grapple and breaking his arm and hook wire in one move).
He has been show to be extremely accurate using the Trident as a ranged weapon (so far he has not missed)

Apart from the above I'm sure now that he finally is back in Atlantis more of his training will be shown.

Plus his skills with the Trident are made more clear when you look at the artwork by Reis and see the way he moves and attacks. By default he is probably the most skilled trident wielder in comics (anyone with any other examples would be appreciated).

He has been shown as a very capable warrior, leader and strategist so far.
That's all I've got for now.

I don't think most of those really count in terms of pure combat skill, but point more towards a keen tactical and strategic mind.

Some do qualify, though; I just wish that we'd see them say what they did preboot, where they explicitly stated how he was trained in Atlantean forms of combat (and is even shown sparring with royal guards).

comicfan11
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think most of those really count in terms of pure combat skill, but point more towards a keen tactical and strategic mind.

Some do qualify, though; I just wish that we'd see them say what they did preboot, where they explicitly stated how he was trained in Atlantean forms of combat (and is even shown sparring with royal guards).

Yeah most are strategic and leadership feats, but some are actual combat skills.

I think we'll get some more focus on his Atlantean side in issue 24, and a possible power up.
Check the solicits, seems Johns will literally make Aquaman some sort of godlike being. Bedard was not kidding.
IMO

-Pr-
Yeah most are strategic and leadership feats, but some are actual combat skills.

I think we'll get some more focus on his Atlantean side in issue 24, and a possible power up.
Check the solicits, seems Johns will literally make Aquaman some sort of godlike being. Bedard was not kidding.
IMO

I haven't seen that, i'll have a look.

I did like how, in Justice League of America 6, they suggested that Aquaman had wounded Hawkman to the point that he needed surgery.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is the current Drax the same incarnation as the one from Annihilation?
One and the same.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't remember Drax doing much in GoTG so far, but if everything he's done can be used, including Annihilation and so on, he guts Aquaman.
What has he done that makes it that simple?

comicfan11
Originally posted by -Pr-
I haven't seen that, i'll have a look.

I did like how, in Justice League of America 6, they suggested that Aquaman had wounded Hawkman to the point that he needed surgery.

Makes sense. But Hawkman's healing factor was also mentioned which I really liked. Somehow Johns made Hawkman look kinda good, but also made clear who is more powerful.

-Pr-
Makes sense. But Hawkman's healing factor was also mentioned which I really liked. Somehow Johns made Hawkman look kinda good, but also made clear who is more powerful.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.