Justice League: War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
With "The Flashpoint Paradox" signalling DC's transition to the new 52 universe for their animated movies, the first one we'll be seeing is called "Justice League - War" and is based on the opening arc of Johns' Justice League book, ie the invasion of Earth by Darkseid and the formation of the league.

Early casting:

Jason O'Mara - Batman
Shemar Moore - Cyborg
Chris Gorham - Flash

Some details:

http://www.newsarama.com/18378-justice-league-war-brings-new-52-to-dc-animation-in-2014.html

BruceSkywalker
read this.. sounds interesting, but they should have gotten kevin conroy for Batman's voice

JayDaDon
This feels like the final nail in the coffin of the pre crisis versions of DC. Shame because I enjoyed seeing these versions in the animated features every now and then.

-Pr-
I'm all for it, as I'll get to see Aquaman stab Darkseid in the face.

Darth Vicious
JL:Flashpoint Paradox was a pretty good movie. Better than I expected.

JayDaDon
I'm about to check it out now actually

JakeTheBank
I'm all for this, actually.

JayDaDon
I've never in any medium seen superman treat aquaman as so insignificant before laughing I really enjoyed this one though.

Darth Vicious
I liked how Diana took care of business. No hesitation.

Kazenji
How did people get see this movie, doesn't get released until next year

or did someone upload it from San Diego Comic con.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
How did people get see this movie, doesn't get released until next year

or did someone upload it from San Diego Comic con.

They're talking about Flashpoint.

juggerman
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I've never in any medium seen superman treat aquaman as so insignificant before laughing I really enjoyed this one though.

One that wasn't even familiar with his power yet to boot. But i think it was for that reason that he spanked AM since average Supes holds back at all times. This lanky weirdo was going all out

Based
I think they can do it better than the comics. I mean it was a decent read and all but when Darkseid's one of two lines is "I am Darkseid" you kinda messed up.

Jim Colyer
If there's a Justice League movie in 2015, I want to see Bridget Regan as Wonder Woman.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
If there's a Justice League movie in 2015, I want to see Bridget Regan as Wonder Woman.

JL is planned for 2017 if all goes well. 2015 will be World's Finest.

abhilegend
Shazam would replace aquaman as the founding member of league.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/16/no-aquaman-in-justice-league-war-but-he-will-get-his-own-animated-movie/

JayDaDon
Why.. WHY?! What do we need Superman and Shazam on the same team for? Unnecessary changes...

juggerman
Originally posted by abhilegend

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/16/no-aquaman-in-justice-league-war-but-he-will-get-his-own-animated-movie/

Pr needs to talk to these asshats

Bentley
Who gives a sh_t about Shazam when we can get the Superior Martian Manhunter?

-Pr-
What the ****ing ****.

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-
What the ****ing ****.

This

ares834
Originally posted by abhilegend

Glad to see they are making changes for the better.

thumb up

DARTH POWER
I like Shazam, but 2 Supermen on the JL founding member roster? Takes a lot away from Kal Imo.

JayDaDon
Shazam and Superman on the same team is just stupid

-Pr-
Aquaman is one of DC's darlings right now; taking him out makes no sense to me at all.

juggerman
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I like Shazam, but 2 Supermen on the JL founding member roster? Takes a lot away from Kal Imo.

Exactly. Shazam is cool but he should fall back

Jim Colyer
They need to get Bridget Regan to play Wonder Woman in the Justice League movie.

-Pr-
Pictures and some info: http://denofgeek.us/books-comics/justice-league/207928/first-look-at-justice-league-war-animated-movie?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mgid&utm_campaign=denofgeek.us&utm_term=2035&utm_content=1644673

Allankles
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm all for it, as I'll get to see Aquaman stab Darkseid in the face.

laughing Speaking of DS, I'm wondering if the new Uxas might be Kalibak. With Ixaya being the former Scott Free. Would be cool.

ares834
69ILNSlQhXQ

Looks decent. Although I hate WW's costume and, while Steve Blum has an epic villain voice, it does not suit Darkseid at all.

Galan007
Just watched that trailer. I agree about Blum's voice not fitting Darkseid's character. I really wish DC would've tried to get Michael Ironside for this film-- no other voice does Darkseid as much justice as his, imo.

emporerpants
Agreed on Michael Ironside. Wouldn't it be awesome if in the Justice League movie (if it gets made) they had him do Darkseid's voice?

BruceSkywalker
1st question: Is this out yet?

2nd question: Who will buy it for me ?? big grin

D-Block
Originally posted by ares834
69ILNSlQhXQ

Looks decent. Although I hate WW's costume and, while Steve Blum has an epic villain voice, it does not suit Darkseid at all.

Looks good but I also hate WW's costume.

juggernaut74
I like he new WW look. It needed to be updated, especially if they're planning on putting her on the bigscreen.

COG Veteran
Live-action film-makers (looking at you DC) need to take note from stuff like this.

Galan007
This was decent. Not the best DCAU film, but not the worst either.

I did not like the JLA's battle with Darkseid, though-- they did WAY too well.

The Sorrow
Final battle was a bit of a let-down imo, Darkseid got chumped. Enjoyed it on the whole though would watch it again.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was pretty decent. Shazam is basically a mystical electrical hero at this point. Wonder Woman seemed far more impressive physically then Billy and was practically equal with Superman. Just stood out to me but she kicked a lot of ass, it was brutal. Wonder Woman looks more impressive in animated movies then Superman.

All in all, it was worth a watch. The crowbar and the neck snap made me lol though. I got a whiff of Jobberseid there. The final fight was missing something, the League did maybe a bit too well. I was expecting a stompage and then Superman to step in but whatever.

ares834
Originally posted by Galan007
I did not like the JLA's battle with Darkseid, though-- they did WAY too well.

Agreed.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. And, like Rage, I though WW was the standout in the film.

Anyway, looking forward to the Throne of Atlantis sequel.

Badabing
Fools. Batman was the only standout...BATMAN!!!!! sneer

JayDaDon
Thought it was pretty good. Think I liked Flashpoint just a little more. I like how the animation was exactly the same. Flash was basically ripped right out of flashpoint paradox.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The final fight was missing something, the League did maybe a bit too well. I was expecting a stompage and then Superman to step in but whatever. That is what I wanted to see. It would have been more true to the comic, but I digress.

Anyway, I did like what they did with Darkseid's voice to make him sound more menacing/evil. If you can't get Ironside to voice him, Blum's voice+the auditory overlay they used is the next best thing, imo.

emporerpants
So Supes didn't step in like in the comic? Did they let him do anything worthwhile in the movie?

Galan007
He stepped in, but he didn't really do anything of note. Although that much wasn't a whole lot different than the comic, so I didn't have an issue with it.

My main problem with the film's battle is that it seemed as though the JL had Darkseid on the ropes--like they could have won without Superman. I didn't like that. In the comic it was quite obvious that even with Superman, the JL was barely able to overcome Darkseid thanks, primarily, to luck--he steamrolled their shit for the most part. THAT was the Darkseid I was hoping for. /shrug

emporerpants
Man, that was Supes's one shout out in the comic, stepping in to barely tip the scales enough to bfr Darkseid. So in the movie, the JL has Darkseid beat and then Supes shows up to kick him when he's down more or less? That sucks.

Galan007
More or less. Granted, he got in a few decent shots--but certainly nothing that tipped the scales or anything.

emporerpants
Man, that sucks. Did Supes look impressive at least? How was the scene where he fought flash, GL, and Batman?

Galan007
He fought GL and Bats, no Flash. Great stuff. Hal's constructs may as well have been made of paper.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It was pretty decent. Shazam is basically a mystical electrical hero at this point. Wonder Woman seemed far more impressive physically then Billy and was practically equal with Superman. Just stood out to me but she kicked a lot of ass, it was brutal. Wonder Woman looks more impressive in animated movies then Superman.

All in all, it was worth a watch. The crowbar and the neck snap made me lol though. I got a whiff of Jobberseid there. The final fight was missing something, the League did maybe a bit too well. I was expecting a stompage and then Superman to step in but whatever.

Don't see how WW looks more impressive than Superman in animated movies.

I agree with the rest. WW was badass. Love how everyone was all over her lol.

ares834
Really? I felt WW was far more impressive. Superman really doesn't do a whole lot other than kill some fodder and knock around GL. Plus he was koed by the omega beams while others weren't. WW, by contrast, holds her own against Darkseid and actually takes out one of his eyes. Plus, at the end, she is right there with Superman punching Darkseid into the Boom tube.

On a different note though, I wasn't a fan of Superman's (or Darkseid's) characterization at all. Supes acted too douchey for my liking.

-Pr-
Wonder Woman has been treated better than Superman in the League movies since they started doing them. They only started to shift around the time the Doom movie came out, imo. Superman was a monster in that.

In War, Superman got a lot of lip service. He made fighting the Parademons almost look easy, and against Batman and Hal he looked very impressive. Shame about not using Flash though.

I did have issue, though, with how Superman was drawn. He looked far too massive, imo.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ares834
Really? I felt WW was far more impressive. Superman really doesn't do a whole lot other than kill some fodder and knock around GL. Plus he was koed by the omega beams while others weren't. WW, by contrast, holds her own against Darkseid and actually takes out one of his eyes. Plus, at the end, she is right there with Superman punching Darkseid into the Boom tube.

On a different note though, I wasn't a fan of Superman's (or Darkseid's) characterization at all. Supes acted too douchey for my liking.

WW had a sword, and she at no point really went toe to toe with Darkseid with just fisticuffs.

Superman had the most success with that, and then Billy second.
WW also got dominated by Darkseid with ease after she took out his first eye.

Superman made the parademons look easy, and he was the only one hit with an Omega Beam that teleported him away, so we can assume he received the strongest one, he was singled out as the main guy they were trying to gene splice.

Superman also seemed to better Darkseid in a test of strength and brought him to his knees, at least for a little while, near the end.

That being said, WW no doubt looked impressive. But second to Superman, or possibly tied with Billy.

JayDaDon
Not only that, Flash had surprising results too making him cry out in pain with his punches.

YFZ 350
Did this come out already?

Zack Fair
My one problem is how the league did so well, but to be honest...this was a league comprised of Superman, Wonder woman, Hal, Flash and even Shazam. Tough, tough team.

DARTH POWER
I read some of the comments here before I watched this, so was surprised at the whooping Darkseid gave them all in the first fight. Since the comments here made it sound like he was just completely jobbed.

I agree with Zack Fair that this was one tough team up. And still even with his eyes taken out, it looked as if Darkseid still could have won if not for Superman coming back and the boom tube BFR tactic.

Anyway I really enjoyed this feature. Though I wish they missed out the Cyborg origin.

I also love the way they show Flash fight now. In this and in Flashpoint Paradox. They've upped his combat style and prowess a lot. Used to hate the days when they would just have him trip over shit, and hit way too easily, and basically job a lot.

BlackZero30x
Just watched it. Pretty good! Upset Aquaman wasn't in it but i knew that going in. I think it would have been epic to show the shark scene. Mostly I was upset with two things 1) The Flash wasn't in the tussle with superman like in the comic and 2) I was sad to see they cut the part where Flash grabs superman and moves him out of the way of the OE. Like I said I was upset about that stuff but it is really minor.

emporerpants
Saw the movie, I thought it was pretty good. Wish they'd have had the flash flick, and what was up with Supes mind control and Desaad? Overall though, I liked it.

BruceSkywalker
bought this yesterday, will watch saturday

celeyhyga17
It was solid.

I would love to have seen shazzam get more physical with DS instead of the over use of lightning attacks..

Still, it was another impressive animated movie from DC.

Based
The only way DC garners discussion is if it sucks so the silence means that it was good.

It's a solid movie but the New 52 guys are too lazy to try and sue Superman effectively, instead they take him out of the picture and have the Bats save the day. Nothing new form the comic but still annoying nonetheless.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by CosmicComet
WW had a sword, and she at no point really went toe to toe with Darkseid with just fisticuffs.

You must have watched a different fight than I; else you don't consider her punching and tackling Darkseid from the bottom of a building up to and through the top as proper fisticuffs.

Could have done without the sword and added quite a few more strength feats, though. For instance, in the actual Justice League comic, she, not Superman, is the one to actually save a falling plane. Would have much preferred to see that here rather than Wondy ripping through parademons, bare-handed or no.
Would have added far more meaning to Superman's comment about her strength, too.

Then again, this version of the DCU makes Diana a lot more violent, ruthless, and careless of life than I'd prefer to see in any media.

Even the 90s weren't this bad.

BruceSkywalker
just watched.. loved it

Kazenji
out of 10?

BruceSkywalker
10 of 10..

good story, good action, everyone was portrayed well

Femi32
Not my favorite DC animated movie, but it still stomps anything currently animated from Marvel.

tkitna
Good movie. Darkseid was a beast in this. If I was being technical, I thought the Lantern was portrayed a bit weak and Batman was a little over the top. Otherwise, I liked it all.

Golgo13
It was ok. Didn't like some of the voice acting and the characterization of certain characters like Superman, Hal, etc... Flashpoint was way better, IMO. Solid B- for a grade.

JayDaDon
I was actually surprised how much Hal was knocking Supes for a loop with those chain constructs. He looked damn near useless against him in the comic.

dynamix
fight scene was vicious. dug it alot!

abhilegend
Superman was a beast in this movie. Above Shazam which is phucking great.

Caps Conscience
Seems like billy just didn't know how to use his powers in this one.

roughrider
I was very impressed. Darkseid might have been scaled up a little too large for this - he looked about 15-20 feet tall - but this is how he should be characterized. So monstrously powerful that no one, not even Superman, can solo him. They want him to be what Thanos is at Marvel, keep this going.

Also it was cool to see Shazam replace Aquaman in this (saw why, in the post-credits stinger, they are holding the character back.) Hal was ridiculously cocky and loud mouthed, but someone needs that kind of character arc. Batman being uber despite no powers is no surprise; that's DC for you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.