Darth Maul vs Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Taay'hai

So, it has occurred to me that after Maul's last battle and last version of legs, he became as equal as Obi-Wan in my opinion, if not possibly a bit better for his mastery of all seven forms to the highest degree. If Obi-Wan could defeat Anakin on Mustafar, could Darth Maul? Could he perform the same way Obi-Wan did, making it out alive, ending up on a high ground?

Intrepid37
Anakin wins just about every time.

S_W_LeGenD
Maul have a chance with his Force powers.

Anakin defeated Dooku so he also have a chance.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Taay'hai
...if not possibly a bit better for his mastery of all seven forms to the highest degree.

Mastery of all seven forms to the highest degree? No man, just... no.

Intrepid37
Nearly all forms, yeah.

Vensai
Anakin probably edges out in sabers and force.

NTJack0
Anakin should take this pretty handily, imo.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Nearly all forms, yeah.

Source and quote?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Source and quote?

Comes from Fight Saber, which says a practitioner of Juyo (Maul's chosen form) must be a "high end master of multiple forms."

I believe my beloved Neph has scans.

Intrepid37
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/FormVII_zpsde8f194c.png

Nephthys
Is that where you're getting Maul being a master of most forms to their highest extent from?

Intrepid37
Yeah. There's another source that states it too, but I can't remember which.

Nephthys
Ok. You realise the quote you posted says 'multiple, not 'most' and 'high-level', not 'highest', right?

Intrepid37
The words are essentially the same as I used. Don't expect me to remember every goddamn quote there is.

Nephthys
And if you claim something that turns out to be wrong, don't expect to not get called on it. No big deal. You goofed, it happens to us all.

Intrepid37
There's really no reason to call me out on it given that, what I said, was in reality the same as what the quote says.

Nephthys
Theres quite a bit less potency in the actual quote then in what you were claiming.

Intrepid37
lol

NemeBro
Nepthys is a jerk.

Nephthys
http://static.tumblr.com/qwc6pvn/faklr4jy5/sick_fires_bro.gif

Also you misspelled my name.

DARTH POWER
It's stated multiple times that Maul's combat skills were unparalleled and stuff. Just read Shadow Warrior. Even TPM Novel stated his warrior skills were at their peak, never to be any better. That implies no room for improvement.

That said Anakin wins. He's a match for Count Dooku.

Jinsoku Takai
The words are essentially the same as I used. Don't expect me to remember every goddamn quote there is.

No man. 'High' and 'highest' are two entirely different things. 'Multiple' and 'all' are also two entirely different things.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It's stated multiple times that Maul's combat skills were unparalleled and stuff.

Yeah but the truth is that they were obviously "paralleled" on multiple occasions.

Intrepid37
No man. Being a ''high-end'' master is clearly the same as mastering them to the ''highest'' degree.

There are only seven forms. ''Multiple'' would refer to three to five, ''most'' would refer to four to five/six. It really doesn't matter.

Nephthys
On a scale between 1-10, 7 is a high number while the highest is 10.

They obviously aren't the same thing.

Intrepid37
That's not really comparable.

Jinsoku Takai
It is perfectly comparable. And multiple is anything > 1 (e.g. two could qualify as "multiple"wink. Besides, 3-5, as you state, does not equal 7 and as such does not equal "all" as is stated in the OP.

Intrepid37
It's not. We're not judging them by scale.

I don't see why it's worth noting. It doesn't make Maul less impressive in any way.

Edit: 2 wouldn't be multiple. Refer to the ''one, two, many''.

Jinsoku Takai

Nephthys
You mean, a scale of mastery is not a scale?

Multiple means 1. having or involving more than one part, individual, etc: he had multiple injuries

Intrepid37
Let's say we have seven different colors. You only like two of them: if I'd ask you how many you liked, would you say ''I like multiple''?

Jinsoku Takai
Absolutely! And if I said I like them a lot, that doesn't equate to me liking them the best or to the 'highest' possible level.

Intrepid37
lol

Edit: Sure, but then I'd say no one in the mythos has mastered a Form to the highest possible level, ie making the difference between my loose paragraph and the quote pointless.

Nephthys
A woman orgasms twice in a row.

She had multiple orgasms, right?

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Nephthys

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Jinsoku Takai
Besides I37, it doesn't matter what I would "say," it matters what the official meaning of the word multiple entails.

Intrepid37

lol

You're evading my question.

Nephthys
Let's say we have seven different colors. You only like two of them: if I'd ask you how many you liked, would you say ''I like multiple''?

Yes. I mean, I probably wouldn't because that sounds pretty awkward. But if it went down like

'I like red and blue'

'Oh so you like multiple colors?'

'Yes.'

lol

Edit: Sure, but then I'd say no one in the mythos has mastered a Form to the highest possible level, ie making the difference between my loose paragraph and the quote pointless.

I would say that Dooku mastered Makashi to its highest extent.

Intrepid37
Besides I37, it doesn't matter what I would "say," it matters what the official meaning of the word multiple entails.
That's pretty stupid.

Refer to the word ''several'', which means ''one or two but not many'', yet I could probably find an article about an Elephant or whatever, in which the Elephant is described as ''weighing several tons'' (1 or 2) yet it weighs 8 or 9 ton.

Intrepid37
Yes. I mean, I probably wouldn't because that sounds pretty awkward. But if it went down like

'I like red and blue'

'Oh so you like multiple colors?'

'Yes.'
Works both ways.

Nephthys
Yabba dabba dabba!

Intrepid37
Fred Flintstone?

Nephthys
I think so.

I didn't know what you meant or how to reply to you so I just wrote words.

Intrepid37
That's a good debating tactic.

Nephthys
I didn't realise we were debating. I mean, you're obviously wrong so theres no point in continuing to beat a dead horse.

Intrepid37
If so, you'd be giving me an actual respond, not your favorite line from your favorite TV-show.

Nephthys
I would if I knew what ' Works both ways.' meant.

Anyway, you're arguing with the dictionary. That dude don't blink bro! haermm

Intrepid37
Again, let me refer you to ''several'', which means one or two, yet articles about objects which weigh more than ten tons use the word ''several'' to describe the object.

Not everything is written after a dictionary, bro.

Nephthys
Several can be one or two or it can be more that that. Its the purpose behind an ambiguous word. We're talking about the minimum the word 'multiple' can mean, not the maximum.

DARTH POWER
Yeah but the truth is that they were obviously "paralleled" on multiple occasions.

Why because people competed with him? There's more to fights than just combat skill. There's strength, speed, pre-cognition, power in the force and experience/combat smarts.

That said I agree "multiple" might only equate to 2. But going by all the sources regarding Maul, his Saber "skills" were pretty top notch.

Intrepid37
Several can be one or two or it can be more that that. Its the purpose behind an ambiguous word. We're talking about the minimum the word 'multiple' can mean, not the maximum.

And? ''multiple forms'' is ambiguous as well, is it not? It might as well be ''most'' in this case.

Nephthys
Yes it is. Problem is you can't prove its anything more than 2. Therefore two is the only definite number we have as an amount. It might be more than that. It might not be.

Intrepid37
I don't see why it matters. A Juyo master who's mastered four Forms isn't neccesarily better than a Juyo master who's mastered two Forms.

DARTH POWER
^ Agreed. Maul's mastered Juyo, Jar Kai, Teras Kasi, and different martial arts. That's what matters when it comes to his combat skills. Whether he's mastered 2 or 4 other Saber forms will make little difference tbh.

pencilcrayon
"
The enormous building TC-16 had called a workshop topped two hundred meters in height and was crowned with latticework spires and towers that
evoked strains of eerie music from the steady wind. Arrays of tall skylights
lit the vast interior space, in which thousands of Xi Charrians toiled.

Fearing what might result should Anakin call too strongly on the Force -- Obi-Wan had visions of the entire workshop crumbing to pieces!

"No mayhem!" Obi-Wan shouted. Anakin showed him a wide-eyed glance
from beneath a three-meter-tall heap of irate Xi Charrians.
"
So Anakin could destroy that building?

Intrepid37
He crumbles it with a Force scream if I recall correctly.

Nephthys
Is that where he fights Dooku and Force screams the roof down?

Intrepid37
LoE sucks.

Nephthys
Careful, I'm pretty sure its one of Tempests favorites.

Intrepid37
that was tempting

get it?

pencilcrayon
It's on Charros IV and Dooku isn't present.

Taay'hai
Nephthys, I'm having trouble accepting your newfound rude behavior. Please be nice like you were before, stop wasting the time and point of this argument, and if you can't do it, please leave. There is a quote in Shadow Hunter or some other book stating that he was master of all seven forms.

Intrepid37
lol

Nephthys
Originally posted by Taay'hai
Nephthys, I'm having trouble accepting your newfound rude behavior. Please be nice like you were before, stop wasting the time and point of this argument, and if you can't do it, please leave. There is a quote in Shadow Hunter or some other book stating that he was master of all seven forms.

When my behavior becomes rude, maybe I will, but I'm not seeing where I was being rude. Intrepid made a claim and he was wrong on it. Like I said on the first page, its not a big deal.

I've read Shadow Hunter and I recall no such quote.

Jinsoku Takai
I don't see why it matters. A Juyo master who's mastered four Forms isn't neccesarily better than a Juyo master who's mastered two Forms.

Mastering 4 forms as opposed to 2 certainly gives a combatant more options with regards to a life or death saber duel.

playa1258
Anakin destroys him.

Vensai
Mastering 4 forms as opposed to 2 certainly gives a combatant more options with regards to a life or death saber duel.
Debatable since most stick to a specific form.
Dooku: Dabbler in all, master of none.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.