Chakra vs Ki?!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathcon27
Which do you think is better and why?

ichigo12
Ki, it gives much more power than Chakra.
This is like Goku vs Naruto
Goku>>>>>Naruto

socool8520
The author gives Goku much more power than Naruto. lol There essentially the same thing. There just an outward projection of energy. Haki seem to very similar as well. I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.

NotAllThatEvil
Chakra has to many draw backs. It can be cut blocked and rearranged. Ki is more reliable.

socool8520
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Chakra has to many draw backs. It can be cut blocked and rearranged. Ki is more reliable.

Yeah and ki can take forever to store up to do anything. lol I really don't know much about the continuation of DBZ. I stopped following after the Frieza arc, and only caught pieces of the cell saga. From what I saw, Ki and Chakra are basically the same thing.

deathcon27
okay heres the way i see it. chakra is not as potent and destructive power wise but can but manipulated in many more ways than ki. its can change form and nature while ki remains pure energy but chakra has a much smaller limit due to that fact thats its directly linked to someones lifeforce ki can be completely used withoout dangering ones life. so chakra more usefull but ki more powerful

ShadeSlayer15
You don't have to store Ki, They can use it in a split second unless they want to have a really powerfull blast then they can charge it for a second or two. ki>>>>>>>>>>>> Its is ready to be used ant any moment, Chakra seems to be sorta like magic. what is that magic uses ki chakra or what?

Astner
Originally posted by ichigo12
Ki, it gives much more power than Chakra.
How exactly do you measure ki and chakra? Everyone in Dragon Ball has ki, even humans, but it certainly doesn't make them more powerful than current Naruto.

Either, assuming everyone has a chakra circulatory system as well as an affinity to at least one chakra element I'd say that there's more versatility in chakra than ki.

But I want to fly and teleport, so I'd choose ki.

socool8520
^ but Oonoki can fly and Minato/Tobirama can teleport. lol The only real difference to me is the level of ki the DBZ author gives his most powerful characters compared to how much chakra is given to Naruto's most powerful characters

AuraAngel
Anyone with any remote training in Ki is often better than one with chakra. In terms of destructive potential.

On the flipside the use of chakra allows one to have more variety. Sakura can use he chakra to be super strong, Naruto can create clones, Sasuke can breathe fire and so on.

So if you want to be massively powerful or be able to fly then Ki is probably your best bet. If you want to be able to have variety then chakra(and you can walk on water).

socool8520
But, but.....Tien can make clones. lol

ShadeSlayer15
Originally posted by socool8520
But, but.....Tien can make clones. lol http://36.img.v4.skyrock.net/0630/34040630/pics/1323458274.jpg

ShadeSlayer15
Sorry for the double post but he can add extra arms too, really cool so I would say ki can probably do anything chakra can do and cant same the same for chakra http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/is-krillin-the-most-powerful-human-in-fiction-ever-2728.jpg

ShadeSlayer15
A lot of DB,DBZ and DB GT characters can and have made clones even ssj4 gogeta piccolo krillin Abo and Kabo ECT it can also make your grow huge and whatever you wanted to do really bring birds back to life all that good shit. http://kootation.com/uploads/images3.wikia.nocookie. net*__cb20101101153814*dragonball*images*9*96*AkaC
loning.pnghttp://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111009181122/dragonball/images/1/12/Sacrifice_-_Tenka.PNG

socool8520
Ki can't manipulate nature/elements though, unless that happens later on. Like I said, my knowledge is very sketchy after the Frieza arc. lol

ShadeSlayer15
Yes it can in fact...

socool8520
What is that from? And can most people do that? I mean on the level of naruto where people manipulate the elements large scale.

ShadeSlayer15
Im sure if they wanted to they could give energy to a tree to make it grow fast and huge but their is no real use for elemental shit in dbz just a waste, a dbz filler cooler

Zack Fair
Ki = more raw power

Chakra = more versatile

Imma go with Chakra because I could have a lot of fun with that.

ShadeSlayer15
Ya I would choose chi because If I had that power I would take what I want and do anything I wanted, I would save the people I like teach them how to use it good and then destroy everyone els no animals tho all humans and governments then go off into space to gain more knowledge and power, First person I would blow to all hell would be Obama hahah Asta Lavesta baby

AuraAngel
Originally posted by socool8520
But, but.....Tien can make clones. lol

Naruto can make more.

I choose chakra. Ki would make taking over the world way too easy. Chakra would make it more of a challenge and therefore more fun. The question is really what jutsu we get if we pick chakra. Could we get, say, the Byakugan or Sharingan?

socool8520
No, I agree it's more diverse, and therefore more fun to read about imo.

It all depends on how much ki though. If you are Yamcha or Chou-Tzu, you may still have a difficult time. lol

ShadeSlayer15
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Naruto can make more.

I choose chakra. Ki would make taking over the world way too easy. Chakra would make it more of a challenge and therefore more fun. The question is really what jutsu we get if we pick chakra. Could we get, say, the Byakugan or Sharingan?

.Chibaku Tensei
2.Hokage style sixty year old technique
3.Kamui
4.Summoning gedo mazo
5.Amaterasu
6.Summoning: Impure World Resurrection
7.C4
8.Flying thunder god technique
9.Mind conctrolling dojutsu
10.Tsukyomi
11.Fox/ox menancing ball
12.Kirin
13.Red chakra arm
14.Susanoo
15.Iron sand
16.Oral rebirth technique
17.Rasenshuriken
18.Demonlic illusion:Toad confrontation singing
19.Raiton armor
20.Bringer of darkness technique

socool8520
You're missing some. lol

ShadeSlayer15
. Chibaku Tensei
2. Edo Tensei
3. Summoning gedo mazo
4. Kamui
5. Hokage style sixty year old technique
6. C4
7. Flying thunder god technique
8. Amaterasu
9. Fox/ox menancing ball
10. Water Prison Dance
11. Mind conctrolling dojutsu
12. Red chakra arm
13. Susanoo
14. Raiton armor
15. Tsukuyomi
16. Iron sand
17. Kirin
18. Oral rebirth technique
19. Demonlic illusion:Toad confrontation singing
20. Bringer of darkness technique

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ShadeSlayer15
Ya I would choose chi because If I had that power I would take what I want and do anything I wanted, I would save the people I like teach them how to use it good and then destroy everyone els no animals tho all humans and governments then go off into space to gain more knowledge and power, First person I would blow to all hell would be Obama hahah Asta Lavesta baby Glad you got no super powers.

AuraAngel
That would also make taking over the world way too easy.

I would take Tobi's Kamui. That damn thing is so broken but would be so much fun to use.

ShadeSlayer15
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Glad you got no super powers. I DONT BELIVE THEIR IS ANY SUPERPOWER THAT COULD BLOW UP A GALIXY OR PLANET smile

ShadeSlayer15
Originally posted by AuraAngel
That would also make taking over the world way too easy.

I would take Tobi's Kamui. That damn thing is so broken but would be so much fun to use. whats that like a black whole I seen whats his name almost get sucked in, Kakashi can use it two.

And the Kamui reminds me of Miroku from inuyasha wind tunnel or aka Mystical Hand of the Amorous Monkhttp://fc08.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/148/6/1/Miroku_wind_tunnel_by_gustavrox.jpg

Nmm29
Goku would win. Sasuke has genjutsu, but genjutsu is the manipulation of chakra flow in one's brain to distort the sensory. Dragon Ball characters have ki. And there are distinct differences between Ki and Chakra. Ki requires charging up, it exists in pure energy and needs to be charged before released fully. Using all of your Ki does not end your life, as Ki is not connected to your life force like chakra is. Chakra on the other hand has natures and is directly connected to one's life force. If someone runs out of chakra, they will die. Chakra can be divided and manipulated in more potent ways then ki, being used to create, reshape, destroy, etc. So under the assumption sasuke starts his fight with the sharingan with the intent of using a genjutsu the second he sees the next person he sees, it would have no effect on goku. People in his universe do not possess chakra and ones ki can't be manipulated to manipulate the senses of an individual anyways. There is no conversion, they are different forces. Then it goes to power. The ultimate shield is flawed. Tsunade could Crack through madaras susanoo at one point in the manga and before anyone says omg sasuke is so much better then madara, by how much do you figure? A multiple of 50? Susanoo is a cloak comprised of one's chakra, and madaras was pierced by physical strength. Sasuke can run out of chakra, and gokus natural strength without ssj transformations is leagues above tsunades best. Physical strength wise and speed wise, no naruto character can compete with a dragonball character. amaterasu has a chance of killing goku, but if both characters are fighting to kill, goku would get hit by amertarasu underestimating his opponent at first, rip off the limb/article of clothing effected, and note to stay out of site of his eyes/black flames, which as we see with itachi v sasuke, can be dodge. If playing to kill after dodging amerterasu, sasukes only damaging move, goku could instant transmission and then kill, or simply move faster then the speed of sound and then kill. Hell, doesn't his base travel at like 1.2 times the speed of light or something crazy like that? Anyways, too fast for sasuke to dodge or Consider dodging. Game set and match.

yungz22
chakra is the more versatile of the two ki is more powerful

carver9
Ki and Chakra are the same in versatility. Ki is more destructive.

Q99
There's way more chakra abilities out there. Some individuals have hundreds of jutsu, in multiple schools of jutsu.

Ki's got all kinds of raw power, but most of the applications end up pretty similar (none of the beam moves are particularly better than eahc other). And/or not that useful (cloning with Ki is normally a disadvantage, for example).

yungz22
Originally posted by carver9

show me someone using there ki to summon ppl from the dead

yungz22
Originally posted by carver9

show me someone using there ki to summon ppl from the dead or manipulating gravity or creating moons

carver9
Piccolo KI makes him matter manipulate/control matter. He can create.

KI has allowed people to

Control time
Stop time
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Super strength
Speed
Invulnerability
Disappear
See the future
Turn people to stone
Turn people to candy
Absorption
Fly
Create clones with their own personality
Create solar energy fr the body
hypnotize
Grow to tremendous heights.
Give people powers
Take away abilities.
Transform
Create force fields
Switch bodies with others.

The list goes on and on and on. KI is as versatile ad Chakra if you think everything a DBZ character has done with said abilities.

Q99
Note that DBZ characters sometimes have magic or psychics outside of ki, or physical powers innate to their biology.

Transformation is a species specific ability- ki alone won't do it. Absorption is a Buu thing and a cell thing. Control/stop time is a unique ability to an individual. Etc..

Though it is probably worth noting if you do have such an ability, Ki probably makes it better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.