Yu-gi-oh Hate thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadeSlayer15
I ****ing hate this show Saturday morning cartoons on and it ruined dbz for me,,, ****ing most ANOIYING SHOW EVERRRRRR.

ichigo12
sad Yugioh was part of my childhood. And it isn't that bad, atleast for me.

NotAllThatEvil
The one with yugi in it wasn't bad.

vansonbee
Same here, Yugioh was enjoyable at season 1 and season 3 isn't to bad, except for the racing. LOL

thanos-prime
Loved the battle city arc with the new rules and the god cards, even the one with jaden yugi wasn't that bad. I could do without the racing one though.

ShadeSlayer15
Yall are crazy I can stand exor or whatever that new one is the old one with the pirimid and eye was ok bayblades much better than yugi and pokemon is better too

socool8520
The only thing I found annoying was the ridiculous "15 steps ahead comments", that came out during every major card battle.

"What you didin't know was that I was expecting your trap card from three turns ago, and layed out my own trap card just for this instance"

"Well, I knew about that trap card, and that's why I had this trap card. Hahahahaha!!!!"

Yamcha
I loved the first one with Yugi more than the rest of them, hated GX, enjoyed the 5D's series more than GX but less than the original.

ShadeSlayer15
Originally posted by socool8520
The only thing I found annoying was the ridiculous "15 steps ahead comments", that came out during every major card battle.

"What you didin't know was that I was expecting your trap card from three turns ago, and layed out my own trap card just for this instance"

"Well, I knew about that trap card, and that's why I had this trap card. Hahahahaha!!!!" HAHAHA HELL NO LOL

ichigo12
Originally posted by socool8520

"Well, I knew about that trap card, and that's why I had this trap card. Hahahahaha!!!!"

Well, that sure gave us some suspense no?

vansonbee
Originally posted by ichigo12
Well, that sure gave us some suspense no? Well it worked on me and millions of fans XD

ichigo12
Originally posted by vansonbee
Well it worked on me and millions of fans XD

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/063/585/1209077053849_jpg__roflposters_com__myspace.jpg

That was sooo unexpected jawdrop

remigio_coldez
Seto Kaiba is a rule breaker

Galan007
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Loved the battle city arc with the new rules and the god cards, thumb up

socool8520
Originally posted by ichigo12
Well, that sure gave us some suspense no?

Maybe the first time. lol Not so much the millionth time it was done.

Basically during the run of the show, it always came down to who got to go last because then his/her trap card wins. lol

pym-ftw
That's the way the games played...

Bro SMASH
It's easy to get into, which isn't a bad thing. But compared to other animes, it does come off kind of silly. I mean, the fate of the world depends on who wins a kids card game? Yeah, it's...kind of hard to look at this series the same way when I think of it like that.

NotAllThatEvil
GUYS, THE SHADOW REALM ISN'T REAL! Blew my mind.

As for the card game thing, that's why I like the first series. The people who don't know about the ancient Egypt stuff never treat it as anything other than a card game. Mind you its a popular card game, but think of it like how we treat poker. Its championships are televised wnd everyone knows the basics.

Now imagine going to a private school to learn nothing but poker strategy and riding a motorcycle to defeat cops in poker...

Bro SMASH
Yeah, I don't mind it being the championship thing. It's a good way to appeal to kids because it can make them be like "Hey, this looks like something I'd want to do". It gives off a sports feel that could make it interesting to get into.

But adding these fantasy "Good vs. Evil" elements to the game, ancient histories behind it, and challenging just anybody to it like it's the only way to settle things kind of goes too far. I think I'd be more satisfied if everyone just played the game for fun.

Igniz
Originally posted by ShadeSlayer15
I ****ing hate this show Saturday morning cartoons on and it ruined dbz for me,,, ****ing most ANOIYING SHOW EVERRRRRR.

Question!Did you watch the 4 Kids version or the original japanese?TBH, I've only watched the original japanese version.I haven't seen the 4 kids version, but coming from posters from a lot of forums, it seems 4 kids really ruined the Yu-gi-oh franchise when it came to the US.Most of the hate towards the show was because of 4 kids changing a lot of things.

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Yeah, I don't mind it being the championship thing. It's a good way to appeal to kids because it can make them be like "Hey, this looks like something I'd want to do". It gives off a sports feel that could make it interesting to get into.

But adding these fantasy "Good vs. Evil" elements to the game, ancient histories behind it, and challenging just anybody to it like it's the only way to settle things kind of goes too far. I think I'd be more satisfied if everyone just played the game for fun.

It depends on what Yu-gi-oh series you said watching good vs evil elements.The first show were Yugi and Pharaoh Atem had to fight Zorc for the fate of the world was well done.And that was the finale of the 1st series.But it seems 5D made the good vs evil element more epic.The signers taking on the dark signers was well done.Despite the fact that wasn't the shows finale.Not to mention 5d had a movie that had the 3 protagonist yugi,jaden/judai and yusei had to duel a guy from the future named Paradox to protect the duel monster game.The movie is canonical with the anime series by the way smile

Bro SMASH
Wasn't the Marik and Dartz arcs pretty much "good vs. evil"?

Igniz
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Wasn't the Marik and Dartz arcs pretty much "good vs. evil"?

Pretty much!I like those arcs too.But the finale in the original series is what I like the most since only Yami Yugi's real name can unlock the way to defeat Zorc.Which happens to be Pharaoh Atem(Strange though that he appeared in the movie along side Yusei Fudo and Jaden/Judai Yuki).

the ninjak
The first season was awesome. Couldn't watch the 2nd so I stopped there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.