WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Among Flash as well.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46783

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/superman-batman-film-set-comic-589521

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-2013-superman-batman-movie-will-follow-man-of-steel/#/0

Hopefully it's true.

Philosophía
Superman/Batman is confirmed:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83754

juggernaut74
What about Flash? I heard that one also.

ares834
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg:large

This is just such great news!

Now, if only DC would announce a Wonder Woman film...

Golgo13
Glad Christopher Nolan will be back as producer, but I hope he and his brother have a bigger role than what they did in MOS. I also want some new writers on board, because i think that was one of the weakest aspects of MOS.

Very pumped for this.

juggernaut74
I think the Flash and JLA films are just rumors.

Golgo13
JLA is inevitable, though. Nelson just did a rumor and said she wants Sandman, Wonder Woman, and Metal Men as top priorities.

Yay for Metal Men.

DARTH POWER

CosmicComet

Golgo13
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I'm so happy.

It will only be inevitable once they make a JLA Superhero whose not Batman or Superman work on their own.

Not necessarily. The Superman/Batman is a bridge for the JL movie. Then WB could spin off the solo movies, which is smart, IMO.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ugh.

Ughhhhh.

Prepare for massive jobbing.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Golgo13
Not necessarily. The Superman/Batman is a bridge for the JL movie. Then WB could spin off the solo movies, which is smart, IMO.

I'm pretty sure everyone's agreed they need more solo films first.

Otherwise the JL movie will just be the next Superman/Batman with a few their superhero friends introduced. There would still be loads of hype to it I guess. Heck just Superman/Batman will build loads of hype.

But it's also pretty risky when they haven't successfully pulled off any of the other JL members yet.

xJLxKing
The dafuq is this crap? They can barely make Batman/Superman work in comics and they pushing for an adaption? Let me guess, Batman beats the snot out of Superman

DARTH POWER
Well if they can make Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury all teammates of the Avengers then I don't see why this can't work.

As for Batman beating up Superman, I'm expecting a crap load of Kryptonite.

xJLxKing
Black widow, Cao, and Hawkeye were not needed. Honestly, they contributed nothing, but showing complete incompetence of everyone else.

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The dafuq is this crap? They can barely make Batman/Superman work in comics and they pushing for an adaption? Let me guess, Batman beats the snot out of Superman

It works fine in the comics when a competent writer does it.

Based
Flash before Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman was one of the few things you could do to be different from Marvel and to earn mindless praise for being diverse...

I like the Flash but the trio needs their own movies.

-Pr-
Agreed.

ares834
Yeah, I like Flash but WW needs to happen ASAP.

Originally posted by -Pr-
It works fine in the comics when a competent writer does it.

thumb up

armedforbattle
Well quicksilver is confirmed for avengers. I think marvel was trying to beat DC to the punch with a fast character.

To non comic fans, its going to look like DC is copying Marvel a lot.

ares834
Doubt it. A lot of people seem to have a general knowledge of who Flash is.

Femi32
Glad Christopher Nolan will be back as producer, but I hope he and his brother have a bigger role than what they did in MOS. I also want some new writers on board, because i think that was one of the weakest aspects of MOS.

Very pumped for this.

I agree.

I know they hinted at them facing off, but that's unnecessary. PIS, CIS, and it will look like it's trying to copy the Avengers. The only face off I want to see is the eventual verbal chatter between the two. This movie should have the Intergang as a way to briefly introduce the New Gods while still being connected to whatever the main plot is.

Golgo13
I'm pretty sure everyone's agreed they need more solo films first.

Otherwise the JL movie will just be the next Superman/Batman with a few their superhero friends introduced. There would still be loads of hype to it I guess. Heck just Superman/Batman will build loads of hype.

But it's also pretty risky when they haven't successfully pulled off any of the other JL members yet.

I forgot which producer said this, but they wanted to spin the solo movies after the big JL film. I already posted a good article from comicvine on why it's actually smarter to spin the solo movies last. Which was a good read, IMO.

xJLxKing
It works fine in the comics when a competent writer does it. I'd say the odds are against the movie being good. Comics have a hard time teaming up the duo even with good writers. Movies will have it a lot harder.

You either dumb down Superman like they did Thor in Avengers and attempt to make humans like Hawkeye important but ask any general viewere, they will tell you, only hulk, Thor and iron man were needed

banieza
I can't imagine this movie being any good either. I haven't read any comics that have the two together but from what I've heard, Batman is to be older in age. I hope it's written out as a mental, suspense thriller with an intricate "check mate" move, rather than an action movie.

Accel
Black widow, Cao, and Hawkeye were not needed. Honestly, they contributed nothing, but showing complete incompetence of everyone else.

They all contributed to the fighting, though Cap, showed that the fight wasn't just taking out the enemies and monsters, but also doing what they could to get as many citizens to safety as possible.

SpaceMonkey
From the inception the way the JLA universe is panning out this is looking like a major fail. There's nothing the Flash can do that Superman can't... so he's unnecessary. I am REALLY hoping that DC can pull this off and make it decent, at the very least, but with their track record thus far (Green Lantern sucked, MoS was decent) they have VERY little foundation to launch this. I want there to be SOME competition for Marvel to keep them sharp, but there isn't any (my apologies to everyone on Nolan's sack). They're rushing it due to Marvel's success.

-Pr-
I'd say the odds are against the movie being good. Comics have a hard time teaming up the duo even with good writers. Movies will have it a lot harder.

You either dumb down Superman like they did Thor in Avengers and attempt to make humans like Hawkeye important but ask any general viewere, they will tell you, only hulk, Thor and iron man were needed

don't agree at all. Loeb's run on S/B is widely considered a top notch team-up book. not saying it's easy, but it's definitely possible.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
From the inception the way the JLA universe is panning out this is looking like a major fail. There's nothing the Flash can do that Superman can't... so he's unnecessary. I am REALLY hoping that DC can pull this off and make it decent, at the very least, but with their track record thus far (Green Lantern sucked, MoS was decent) they have VERY little foundation to launch this. I want there to be SOME competition for Marvel to keep them sharp, but there isn't any (my apologies to everyone on Nolan's sack). They're rushing it due to Marvel's success.

flash is faster than superman, and can do things superman can't.

DARTH POWER
I forgot which producer said this, but they wanted to spin the solo movies after the big JL film. I already posted a good article from comicvine on why it's actually smarter to spin the solo movies last. Which was a good read, IMO.

That was a while ago. From what I've heard since the consensus is that they need to make some solo movies first. Otherwise the JL movie will have to deal with Origin stories and there won't be the same level of years long marketing hype the Avengers had.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Well JLA hasn't been greenlit yet. I don't think a Superman/Batman movie is being rushed. In fact I think it's long overdue. There was talk of this like 10 years ago. And let's face it the 2 characters have had more than enough screen time individually.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Accel
They all contributed to the fighting, though Cap, showed that the fight wasn't just taking out the enemies and monsters, but also doing what they could to get as many citizens to safety as possible. they contributed squat. Having them kill aliens which were limitless is dumb. Captain American site did something; he ordered police officers and instructed them on how to evacuate civilians. Cuz you know! Officers have no clue what to do, but cap who was frozen in ice for decades had more common sense than trained POs lol.

Whatever they did was next to nothing. They contributed nothing to ending the fight/war

Accel

xJLxKing

juggernaut74
Batman isn't your regular average Joe.

Accel

DARTH POWER
Widow's the one who closed the portal. That was.. kind of important!

If Batman was there you know he'd be the one being on top of that s***

Golgo13
That was a while ago. From what I've heard since the consensus is that they need to make some solo movies first. Otherwise the JL movie will have to deal with Origin stories and there won't be the same level of years long marketing hype the Avengers had.

Well JLA hasn't been greenlit yet. I don't think a Superman/Batman movie is being rushed. In fact I think it's long overdue. There was talk of this like 10 years ago. And let's face it the 2 characters have had more than enough screen time individually.

Where did you hear that? I've been following along and I haven't heard that they will make solo movies first.

xJLxKing

-Pr-
Widow was the one that shut the portal. Cap led and directed the team; they were only as good as they were because Cap was leading them. Not to mention Hawkeye being Iron Man's spotter.

Some played bigger parts than others, sure, but everyone still played a part. The reason teams with human members works so well is that next to Superman, or Thor, most villains will underestimate the Batmans and Captain Americas.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Yeah, we should all be xJLx. With his training, if a Predator broke into his house, he'd remain calm and composed and go for his baseball bat. He wouldn't panic at all.

Accel

Rage.Of.Olympus
they contributed squat. Having them kill aliens which were limitless is dumb. Captain American site did something; he ordered police officers and instructed them on how to evacuate civilians. Cuz you know! Officers have no clue what to do, but cap who was frozen in ice for decades had more common sense than trained POs lol.

Whatever they did was next to nothing. They contributed nothing to ending the fight/war

Black Widow closed the portal, got Loki to spill his beans etc. She was surprisingly useful tbh. She basically did what Batman would in a JL movie.

Captain America was the tactically commander of the Avengers in the field, directing them. He was also IIRC focusing on helping save and evacuating the civilians on ground level.

Hawkeye was pretty useless tbh but he did help out with Loki and bottle necking the troops.

JakeTheBank
Captain America: Tactically sound field commander and leader. Formed the general battle plan which minimized damage and loss of life. Also had prior experience dealing with the Tessarect and had combat experience and stats capable of enabling him to briefly hold his own against Loki and son Chitauri.

Black Widow: Espionage agent. Successfully manipulated Loki, who had in turn manipulated everyone else, into finding out about his plans. Aided in rescue and extraction of civilians and ultimately shut down the portal with Selvig's help.

Hawkeye: Sharpshooter. Helped with rescue and extraction of civilians. Also worked as Iron Man's spotter.

Everyone on the team contributed on some level besides Hulk/Thor/Iron Man beating ass and take names.

DARTH POWER
Where did you hear that? I've been following along and I haven't heard that they will make solo movies first.

It was Henry Cavill's opinion and the impression I had was that the opinion was shared by Synder and Goyer. Of course they don't make the final decisions, but I agree with them.

There should at least be a Wonder Woman solo movie before moving on to JLA Imho. And the WW movie should be of decent quality of course.

Golgo13
It was Henry Cavill's opinion and the impression I had was that the opinion was shared by Synder and Goyer. Of course they don't make the final decisions, but I agree with them.

There should at least be a Wonder Woman solo movie before moving on to JLA Imho. And the WW movie should be of decent quality of course.

So far, it's only been Cavil's opinion and that doesn't mean anything. They might do a WW solo movie first, but that's pretty much it. Too soon for a GL reboot.

Based
Originally posted by ares834
Doubt it. A lot of people seem to have a general knowledge of who Flash is.

True but for the average moviegoer I have seen that Marvel is shown in a more positive light than DC. Like for example IM2 is considered a terrible movie yet gets a pass by most people.

I would say most people agree MoS is a better movie yet you get a lot of critique along with a lot of praise. Nolan's Batman films aren't without their critique either while the likes of Thor or the Hulk just get by.

If Marvel makes it seem like DC is copying them then the masses will believe it. I mean imagine if they chose Darkseid as the main villain and the outrage from fake nerds.

Which is why Wonder Woman would have been a perfect, perfect choice.

Golgo13
BTW, I don't think this has been talked about but

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-closing-massive-financing-582274

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Based

If Marvel makes it seem like DC is copying them then the masses will believe it. I mean imagine if they chose Darkseid as the main villain and the outrage from fake nerds.

Which is why Wonder Woman would have been a perfect, perfect choice.

I don't think they should worry about being seen as copying Marvel. World's Finest is certainly a different direction they're taking already, and the fact is just because Marvel is the first one to do the shared Universe on the big screen, doesn't mean nobody can follow them.

Heck Bryan Singer's made it perfectly clear he's trying to copy that formula for the X-Universe.

Also it would be pretty dumb for people to believe Flash is a copy of Quicksilver just because they're both super fast. Heck that's like saying people will think Quicksilver's power is just a copy of Superman's speed, or a copy of the kid in "Incredibles."

Anyway I don't think there's any official word on which DC Superhero will come next. I agree with you that Wonder Woman is more important.

So far, it's only been Cavil's opinion and that doesn't mean anything. They might do a WW solo movie first, but that's pretty much it. Too soon for a GL reboot.

I'm almost certain Goyer said something similar, so it seems to be the opinion going around on the MOS set.

Agree there's no point in a GL reboot anytime soon. He's had his chance for now. It's not the end of the world. Hulk didn't do well in his solo movie but the character still worked really well in Avengers.

Golgo13
I don't think they should worry about being seen as copying Marvel. World's Finest is certainly a different direction they're taking already, and the fact is just because Marvel is the first one to do the shared Universe on the big screen, doesn't mean nobody can follow them.

Heck Bryan Singer's made it perfectly clear he's trying to copy that formula for the X-Universe.

Also it would be pretty dumb for people to believe Flash is a copy of Quicksilver just because they're both super fast. Heck that's like saying people will think Quicksilver's power is just a copy of Superman's speed, or a copy of the kid in "Incredibles."

Anyway I don't think there's any official word on which DC Superhero will come next. I agree with you that Wonder Woman is more important.

I'm almost certain Goyer said something similar, so it seems to be the opinion going around on the MOS set.

Agree there's no point in a GL reboot anytime soon. He's had his chance for now. It's not the end of the world. Hulk didn't do well in his solo movie but the character still worked really well in Avengers.

So far, I've only heard Cavil, but Goyer could have said it too. Doesn't matter though. They're not in charge.

ares834
Rushing straight into a JLA film would be a mess. We need a WW and Flash film first.

Golgo13
Rushing straight into a JLA film would be a mess. We need a WW and Flash film first.

Not if they draw out the movie and introduce some of the other stars in sequels.

-Pr-
It's going to be hellish telling a good team story and establishing 3-4 actual people as heroes that would be capable of carrying their own movie.

This isn't like Hawkeye and Widow.

ares834
Exactly, the can do it to one or two (preferably Aquaman and John Stewart) but any more than that and I can't see the film turning out well.

WhiteWitchKing

I do think Marvel is trying to beat DC with on screening characters like Quicksilver, Ultron, and Thanos. Flash is well known but even he doesn't have a live action flick yet. So Marvel pushing out Quicksilver would make it look less like Marvel is copying Flash when a Flash movie comes out. Then there's Ultron in Avengers 2. I can't help but think Marvel wanted switch Thanos for Ultron to get his name out before DC decides to bring Brainiac on the big screen. All the talk you here of them wanting to tell a good story; I can't help but think their other agenda is to establish their heroes to become house hold names like DC did for Supes, WW, Flash, Aquaman, and Batman.

juggernaut74
Female lead action films tend not to do very well at the box-office and let's face it that does matter so Wonder Woman would be hard to pull off. Maybe doing it on the small screen would work better.

Kazenji
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Female lead action films tend not to do very well at the box-office and let's face it that does matter so Wonder Woman would be hard to pull off. Maybe doing it on the small screen would work better.

Having a shitty script doesn't also help.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I do think Marvel is trying to beat DC with on screening characters like Quicksilver, Ultron, and Thanos. Flash is well known but even he doesn't have a live action flick yet. So Marvel pushing out Quicksilver would make it look less like Marvel is copying Flash when a Flash movie comes out. Then there's Ultron in Avengers 2. I can't help but think Marvel wanted switch Thanos for Ultron to get his name out before DC decides to bring Brainiac on the big screen. All the talk you here of them wanting to tell a good story; I can't help but think their other agenda is to establish their heroes to become house hold names like DC did for Supes, WW, Flash, Aquaman, and Batman.

If Marvel is trying to get these things done on the big screen before WB/DC, then WB/DC are making it really easy for them given their speed at getting on with superhero movies (minus Superman and Batman).

WhiteWitchKing

Pretty much this. If they want to make it work, they'd have to involve the gods from the get go and give her some good supporting characters. They should have Ares as her first villain to boost the movie.

ares834

But they can and have worked. Just look at the Hunger Games, Aliens, or even the Terminator films. Or, heck, look at the reception at Faora. I really think a Wonder Woman would do great if they had a good script. Plus, there is the simple fact that super hero film draws in a different audience from typical action films.

Based

Because no one's given them a try and in the exceptions that they actually do, they don't put effort into it.

-Pr-
It's not about being female; it's about being good.

Movies with female leads work. Wonder Woman can work. They just need to not make it shit. Make it about her meeting Steve Trevor and fighting Greek Gods, and you've got a winner imo.

tkitna
Another movie with Batman and Superman.

Yawn

Golgo13

Movies with female leads work. Wonder Woman can work. They just need to not make it shit. Make it about her meeting Steve Trevor and fighting Greek Gods, and you've got a winner imo.

I say ditch Steve and focus on the gods. Just like current WW series.

ares834
Originally posted by tkitna

Yawn

I know right?

We've got a grand total of 0 live-action films that have both Bats and Supes in them.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack Fair
Haters gonna hate.

tkitna
I know right?

We've got a grand total of 0 live-action films that have both Bats and Supes in them.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, i'm sure it'll be way more interesting then the 13 or 14 movies already made with those characters in it. Hell, WB might as well go for it since they havent been able to put any other DC characters to film with any success. Sorry that i'm not excited about this news. I'd rather them concentrate on a different character.

Kazenji
The joke is lost on you....^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/e0feef8c1591c5e82b0c8ccb3588899f_zps629e381f.jpg

emporerpants
So the title is going to be Batman vs Superman...ugh. Ok, is there anyone who DOESN'T think they are going to have Bats mop the floor with Supes? I mean, the quote they used for the reveal pretty much gave away the fact that they are going to have Batman win. There is no way in hell this is going to be anything other than a Batman wankfest. Bats is the most popular and they want more Batman movies, so what do they do? Have Supes job to him to appease fanboys. The more I hear about this movie the more annoyed I get. I'd be less worried if it was called World's Finest.

Mshinu
I smell the BatKick they have been saving... Supes is going down. big grin

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by emporerpants
So the title is going to be Batman vs Superman...ugh. Ok, is there anyone who DOESN'T think they are going to have Bats mop the floor with Supes? I mean, the quote they used for the reveal pretty much gave away the fact that they are going to have Batman win. There is no way in hell this is going to be anything other than a Batman wankfest. Bats is the most popular and they want more Batman movies, so what do they do? Have Supes job to him to appease fanboys. The more I hear about this movie the more annoyed I get. I'd be less worried if it was called World's Finest.

There's no title for it yet.

Any competition Bats gives Supes will be due to Supes tremendously holding back, Bats getting into Supes head and weakness exploitation. Not sure why people are so worried. Bats won't just be dodging Super speed punches and then Bat Kicking the wind out of Supes.

juggerman

That animated WW movie was actually pretty good. They should try to do it similar to that

emporerpants
Sorry, but that IS the title

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/07/23/batman-vs-superman-movie-releasing-in-summer-2015/

That is just ONE of various new stories that have confirmed the title. Sorry Darth, but if you think that this ISN'T going to be Bats curb stomping supes in an attempt to build more hype for Warner Bros. most popular and profitable super hero, you're kidding yourself.

tkitna
I guess i'm bummed about this because eventually the wells going to dry up. I just wish they would develop some other characters so that they can give the JLA the green light. I guess i'm the only one thats had enough of Batman and Superman. At least i'm looking forward to the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie thats coming up. You guys can have this one.

JakeTheBank
I just hope that Batman is actually a detective in this movie.

BruceSkywalker
Sorry, but that IS the title

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/07/23/batman-vs-superman-movie-releasing-in-summer-2015/

That is just ONE of various new stories that have confirmed the title. Sorry Darth, but if you think that this ISN'T going to be Bats curb stomping supes in an attempt to build more hype for Warner Bros. most popular and profitable super hero, you're kidding yourself.

Title could change to Superman v. Batman..lol

Not really a surprise to me.. I've said already that they will fight, then eventually team up.. Goyer hasn't even wrote the script yet I have already figured it out..

and yeah Batman has to batkick Kal.. people have to either love this new Batman because going forward this will be the Batman as seen in the Justice League film as well as his own solo film , also most likely Kal will have to learn to hold back going forward when he fights, Batman will teach him that

emporerpants
They're probably going to have Bats too busy knocking Supes around and gloating about it to detect anything. Unfortunately they're going to be too concerned with making bats "badass" to worry too much about the detective side of him. They want to cater to the general public, and the general public couldn't give less of a Sh** about Bats being a detective sadly.

quanchi112

Yawn Thats dc for you. Not to expand but shove the same few characters down our throats. Hopefully they will have lame Luthor and lame Joker.

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hopefully they will have lame Luthor and lame Joker.

They're probably going to have to in order to get any kind of numbers.

-Pr-
This is going to seem rude, but: What the ****ing **** is up with this bullshit?

Seriously? People are whining because Man of Steel is getting a sequel with Batman in it? I'm sorry, one of the, if not the single most well-known hero in the world has a movie, and they're making a sequel of it, and that's a bad thing?

not to mention the fact that having Batman in this movie actually takes him out of the solo movie fold for a while, and allows them to, just like they've said, focus on other characters.

Though i'm sure all those people were just as mad when they decided to make Iron Man 2, or Thor 2, or Captain America 2. Or X-Men 3.

Sweet ****. Haterade must be in plentiful supply right now.

emporerpants
Pr, I can't speak for everyone else, but my beef is with the fact that it's a vs. movie. They are going to job Superman out something fierce. Granted that would have happened regardless, the thing is it will be much worse now. I am actually psyched about Supes and Bats being in the same movie. I just wish it wasn't a "Ok, lets have em FIGHT!!!!!111" movie.

A small tussle was bound to happen one way or another, but it seems like it is going to be the focus of the movie, at least from what has been revealed thus far. Overall, I am more happy about this movie than anything, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have reservations about it. Can you even imagine what the internet is going to be like after Bats batkicks supes?

Again, I can't speak for everyone, but I think most of the other complaints from other people are along these same lines.

-Pr-
I dont think it being a vs movie is a certainty tbh.

emporerpants
Well, the movie it going to be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman. They also used a quote from the Dark Knight Returns about Bats beating Supes. This is why I'm worried. Obviously its still stupidly early to speculate, but what they've revealed thus far points at the fight between them being the focus. I really REALLY hope that isn't the case. Despite all of this though, I am still super psyched about Supes and Bats being on the big screen together and starting a shared universe! The positive will likely out weigh the negative.

quanchi112
Even if Batman beats Superman or looks better IMO that will be a good thing. He's more strategic than Superman so he should have the advantage.

-Pr-
Well, the movie it going to be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman. They also used a quote from the Dark Knight Returns about Bats beating Supes. This is why I'm worried. Obviously its still stupidly early to speculate, but what they've revealed thus far points at the fight between them being the focus. I really REALLY hope that isn't the case. Despite all of this though, I am still super psyched about Supes and Bats being on the big screen together and starting a shared universe! The positive will likely out weigh the negative.

I think youre misquoting the article. No offence.

Femi32
I guess i'm bummed about this because eventually the wells going to dry up. I just wish they would develop some other characters so that they can give the JLA the green light. I guess i'm the only one thats had enough of Batman and Superman. At least i'm looking forward to the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie thats coming up. You guys can have this one.

You missed the part where they announced a Flash movie for 2016 and Justice League for 2017.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Femi32
You missed the part where they announced a Flash movie for 2016 and Justice League for 2017. Not enough is his point. Marvel is setting the stage all over the place while they are just shoving Superman and Batman further down our throats.

Femi32
Not enough is his point. Marvel is setting the stage all over the place while they are just shoving Superman and Batman further down our throats.

The point is progress is being made. I want to see other DC characters, too, and I'm still upset over WB's silliness from the past.

Besides, is WB supposed to suspend a Superman sequel because he just had his sixth movie from seven years ago? I can understand Batman, but Superman has had 2 movies in 26 years. Give Superman a break.

Also, this movie has the potential of expanding the DC cinematic universe. I hope that's the case.

quanchi112
The point is progress is being made. I want to see other DC characters, too, and I'm still upset over WB's silliness from the past.

Besides, is WB supposed to suspend a Superman sequel because he just had his sixth movie from seven years ago? I can understand Batman, but Superman has had 2 movies in 26 years. Give Superman a break.

Also, this movie has the potential of expanding the DC cinematic universe. I hope that's the case. I just feel that while it will make more initially it is stifling the expansive plans that could be set in motion here.

But I digress maybe dc is smart for not copying Mariel's plan with this team up movie. Still disappointed at the lack of other ideas at this point but I guess we have to wait and see.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you people owe me money...

if this true regarding the plot...

also a new Bruce/Bats possibly already

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-tyler-hoechlin-new-batman-screen-test-henry-cavill-plot-new-supermanbats-movie

Kazenji
I wouldn't mind seeing Jonah Hex get done again.

emporerpants
Well, that plot description seems promising. I really hope that it's true. Still don't see why they couldn't name it World's Finest though.

BruceSkywalker
Well, that plot description seems promising. I really hope that it's true. Still don't see why they couldn't name it World's Finest though.

people owe me money because if the article is true , i was right about Kal and Bruce fighting initially

pym-ftw
I hope its a new Batman than the nolanverse one, but really unless he is suitless Ironman and superman just plays a mindless brute, Batman is just going to be a glorified sidekick...

And that's not going to go over well with Batfans

Golgo13
It's not going to go to that Teen Wolf guy. If it does, I'll be pissed, because Richard Armitrage is perfect for it and will follow a long line of British actors that have been playing super heroes.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/RA_zpse6c9dec3.jpg

tkitna

Seriously? People are whining because Man of Steel is getting a sequel with Batman in it? I'm sorry, one of the, if not the single most well-known hero in the world has a movie, and they're making a sequel of it, and that's a bad thing?

If its half as bad as MOS, then yes.

I dont know, it just seems like Batman and Superman is all they can do. Give me something different already.

quanchi112

I dont know, it just seems like Batman and Superman is all they can do. Give me something different already. thumb up

DARTH POWER
This is going to seem rude, but: What the ****ing **** is up with this bullshit?

not to mention the fact that having Batman in this movie actually takes him out of the solo movie fold for a while, and allows them to, just like they've said, focus on other characters.

Though i'm sure all those people were just as mad when they decided to make Iron Man 2, or Thor 2, or Captain America 2. Or X-Men 3.

Sweet ****. Haterade must be in plentiful supply right now.

thumb up

Whats can you say to them. Haters gonna hate.

DARTH POWER
Well, the movie it going to be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman.

If they are just at odds the whole movie then the title still makes sense.

emporerpants
Personally, I am hoping that they are just at odds. I am sure there will be a bit of a scuffle, and as long as it's made clear that Supes is holding back as much as possible while Bats whips out some k-nite or something (perhaps found from a joint waynetech/Lexcorp venture), I'll be totally on-board. I'm getting pretty pumped about this movie actually.

DARTH POWER
Personally, I am hoping that they are just at odds. I am sure there will be a bit of a scuffle, and as long as it's made clear that Supes is holding back as much as possible while Bats whips out some k-nite or something (perhaps found from a joint waynetech/Lexcorp venture), I'll be totally on-board.

Well yeah.. It has to be something like that. The only other option is that Batman fights Superman in some kind of ExoSkeleton armor. Even then I'm sure either Kryptonian Tech and/or Kryptonite would be involved.

But still it's pretty much a guarantee that will be 1 fight in the movie(which will actually look cooler with some kind of BatBot) where Supes will probably still be holding back in fear of killing Batman.

Most likely for the majority of the film they will just be at odds. Batman will be getting into Supes head and outsmarting him at every turn. Supes will learn a lot with Batman as his Adversary. Batman will over time begin to admire Superman's innocence. They will defeat Luthor and Metallo(or another Supervillain) together and that will be the start of their legendary friendship and the Justice League.

Femi32

I dont know, it just seems like Batman and Superman is all they can do. Give me something different already.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see if it's bad. Other than that, why be upset if it's being made? We've had 2 Superman movies in 26 years. That isn't over saturation.

As far as different is concerned, 2016 has Flash and 2017 has Justice League.

Golgo13
Well, we'll just have to wait and see if it's bad. Other than that, why be upset if it's being made? We've had 2 Superman movies in 26 years. That isn't over saturation.

As far as different is concerned, 2016 has Flash and 2017 has Justice League.

They want to push for Aquaman, Metal Men, Sandman (alternative to Harry Potter), and Flash as well.

If the deal with Dune finalizes, I can see them making these other properties.

juggernaut74

As far as different is concerned, 2016 has Flash and 2017 has Justice League. Those are rumors.

-Pr-

Therein lies two problems:

One, that you think MOS was bad. Some people might agree, and some won't. I don't agree. More importantly though, WB doesn't agree. They liked Man of Steel. A lot of people did. It's a movie about Superman, one of the biggest characters in the world. That movie doing well meant a sequel was bound to happen.

Second, the assumption that DC can "only" do Superman and Batman is incredibly premature and, imo, misses the point entirely. When Iron Man came out in 2008, Hulk was the only other "world builder" that came out that same year. So that's two characters. It was THREE YEARS before Thor and Cap came out.

WB/DC isn't at the same point that Marvel is, so acting like they are is a logical problem. They're only starting to build their world, and compared to Marvel's world building, they might be behind, but their schedule is really no different considering they have a full three years to bring out a character other than Superman or Batman, which they've said they're going to do.

Putting Batman in a Superman movie (and it is a Superman movie) basically gives DC/WB two movies for the price of one. That frees up millions of dollars to put towards other movies. DC isn't going to farm out their characters to other studious because of WB, and it would be pointless at this juncture to do so, as they're trying to build a world.

They're behind, but as far as progression goes, they're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

If, in 2016 we've still only had Superman and Batman in movies, then you might have an argument.

DARTH POWER
Well they've had Watchmen which was a great movie. And even though Green Lantern was done badly, it was still done. They even have a live action Green Arrow right now. So lets not pretend Superman and Batman are all WB has ever attempted outside of animation.

And if anything putting Batman in Superman's sequel is only a strong indication that WB has serious plans to do a JL film. After all that's exactly how the JL animated show started coming together.

-Pr-
Not to mention stuff like V for Vendetta, RED, The Losers, LXG, The Spirit, and Constantine. Yes, they're imprints, but they're still technically under that banner.

With this world building, we should start to see more of the "main" universe characters, especially with how encouraging Snyder has been when talking about the DCU.

Femi32
Rumor is they want to cast an older Batman. Why? If that's the case, get Christian Bale back. If he won't come back, get a young guy around Cavill's age to play Batman.

Zack Fair
Therein lies two problems:

One, that you think MOS was bad. Some people might agree, and some won't. I don't agree. More importantly though, WB doesn't agree. They liked Man of Steel. A lot of people did. It's a movie about Superman, one of the biggest characters in the world. That movie doing well meant a sequel was bound to happen.

Second, the assumption that DC can "only" do Superman and Batman is incredibly premature and, imo, misses the point entirely. When Iron Man came out in 2008, Hulk was the only other "world builder" that came out that same year. So that's two characters. It was THREE YEARS before Thor and Cap came out.

WB/DC isn't at the same point that Marvel is, so acting like they are is a logical problem. They're only starting to build their world, and compared to Marvel's world building, they might be behind, but their schedule is really no different considering they have a full three years to bring out a character other than Superman or Batman, which they've said they're going to do.

Putting Batman in a Superman movie (and it is a Superman movie) basically gives DC/WB two movies for the price of one. That frees up millions of dollars to put towards other movies. DC isn't going to farm out their characters to other studious because of WB, and it would be pointless at this juncture to do so, as they're trying to build a world.

They're behind, but as far as progression goes, they're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

If, in 2016 we've still only had Superman and Batman in movies, then you might have an argument. Ownage.

Accel
I don't care how long they take, I just want them to take their time and make sure they have an actual plan rather than just jumping into it because they want that Justice League money.

I'd rather see a really good Justice League movie later than mediocre one sooner.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Vensai
Originally posted by Accel
I don't care how long they take, I just want them to take their time and make sure they have an actual plan rather than just jumping into it because they want that Justice League money.

I'd rather see a really good Justice League movie later than mediocre one sooner.
Yeah. If they mess up, it'll be years before they reboot.

Omega Vision
Rumor is they want to cast an older Batman. Why? If that's the case, get Christian Bale back. If he won't come back, get a young guy around Cavill's age to play Batman.
I really hope that the buzz about them using Miller's Dark Knight Returns isn't true. The Dark Knight Returns was cool for its time, but I don't want DC/WB to shit all over the world's finest for the cheap thrill of seeing Batman fighting Superman on the bigscreen.

BruceSkywalker

thats just one of many rumors to come.. As for myself I can't/don't see how a 40 year old actor can do the role...

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I really hope that the buzz about them using Miller's Dark Knight Returns isn't true. The Dark Knight Returns was cool for its time, but I don't want DC/WB to shit all over the world's finest for the cheap thrill of seeing Batman fighting Superman on the bigscreen.

i think with that rumor therein lies a true lie, I think Miller was just simply brought in so Snyder and Co. can get a simple feeling on how that version of Batman fought Superman

Omega Vision
They need Miller for that? They could have gotten an average KMC member--it would have been cheaper and likely more accurate.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Omega Vision
They need Miller for that? They could have gotten an average KMC member--it would have been cheaper and likely more accurate.

yeah and I would have been that member.. big grin

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Vensai
Yeah. If they mess up, it'll be years before they reboot.

If they mess up I would be willing to bet that.....

A) they kind of just toss out the idea of a Justice League movie.

or

B) If they happen to try again they wont learn from their mistakes.

EDIT: here is a yahoo news story on people they want for batman http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/batman-casting-rumors-1375718917-slideshow/batman-casting-photo-1375724563047.html

tkitna
If they screw it up, they'll wait 6 to 10 years and bring out another reboot of Batman or Superman. That is my bet.

Femi32
I hope this movie doesn't suck. A lot is riding on this.

Blair Wind
WB just announced that Ben Affleck will be playing Batman.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/ben-affleck-will-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel-due-july-17-2015/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/ben-affleck-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ben-affleck-is-batman-man-612907

Impediment
crylaugh

JayDaDon
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg

quanchi112
laughing out loud

This is awesome. DD now as the Batman. Older, wiser than Superman. Loving what I am hearing thus far.

Golgo13
Good news, IMO. Ben has grown as an actor and hopefully direct the next Batman/JL movie.

BruceSkywalker
this is bad news.. very bad news.. george clooney all over again

Golgo13
this is bad news.. very bad news.. george clooney all over again

I don't see that at all. This isn't Ben 10 years ago. He's obviously grown as an actor and although not the best, very solid. He just won best movie last season at the Oscars and has directed a few great films.

BruceSkywalker
I don't see that at all. This isn't Ben 10 years ago. He's obviously grown as an actor and although not the best, very solid. He just won best movie last season at the Oscars and has directed a few great films.

Affleck is a far better director than actor... he stinks as an actor..

don't see how anything will get me pumped up for this

Femi32
laughing out loud

This is awesome. DD now as the Batman. Older, wiser than Superman. Loving what I am hearing thus far.

sad mad

Ben Affleck being cast as Batman has killed my enthusiasm for this movie. I don't understand why WB wants a middle aged man to be Batman! Didn't they say Superman was the first public hero in this universe? If Batman has been around for a while, he's already public.

Also, don't they want longevity and youth from someone who's going to play Batman beyond the next decade? He'll be 51 ten years from now, yet were to expect him to portray a physically intimidating character? Not everyone ages well. The only solace I have in this is if this movie bombs, WB will reconsider their iron grip on the DC cinematic universe and hand it over to DC, because their track record outside of solo Batman and Superman is a full miss.

Golgo13
Affleck is a far better director than actor... he stinks as an actor..

don't see how anything will get me pumped up for this

Disagreed. He was very good in Argo and The Town.

BruceSkywalker
Disagreed. He was very good in Argo and The Town.

haven't seen Argo yet, The Town was horrible

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Zack Fair
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577825_580475245341064_1117649467_n.jpg

JayDaDon
My problem isn't his acting, its that it's Ben Affleck and its nearly impossible for me to see him as Bruce Wayne.

Femi32
Affleck is also 3 inches taller than Cavill. They should've cast Armie Hammer if they didn't care about height. He's 26, he has the perfect deep voice, and he's physically intimidating. Scott Adkins was my current top pick.

Golgo13
haven't seen Argo yet, The Town was horrible

Wow, really? It has excellent reviews and is generally liked.

Golgo13
Affleck is also 3 inches taller than Cavill. They should've cast Armie Hammer if they didn't care about height. He's 26, he has the perfect deep voice, and he's physically intimidating. Scott Adkins was my current top pick.

WB wants an older Bruce for this role.

Femi32
WB wants an older Bruce for this role.

Why does he have to be older? Don't they understand this is a reboot and the new Batman will also be in future Batman films? He will be 51 ten years from now if WB actually has a shared universe by then.

Golgo13
Why does he have to be older? Don't they understand this is a reboot and the new Batman will also be in future Batman films? He will be 51 ten years from now if WB actually has a shared universe by then.

Don't know. That's just the way WB wants it. Little has been stated about the plot.

Femi32
Don't know. That's just the way WB wants it. Little has been stated about the plot.

This is my biggest problem with WB. They want things that don't make sense and it usually backfires.

DARTH POWER
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

Jeez I really wish I WB did offer Bale $50mill now.

Every single one of the rumored casting choices were better than this!

Kazenji
Affleck is also 3 inches taller than Cavill. They should've cast Armie Hammer if they didn't care about height.

Except Armie Hammer isn't fond of Comic book movies.

Femi32
Originally posted by Kazenji
Except Armie Hammer isn't fond of Comic book movies.

He was auditioning for Batman months ago. Disregarding height and casting him would make more sense, because he's younger.

Femi32

I've always said if WB wanted a middle aged Batman, Bale was the best choice. He's already middle aged, people are familiar with him, and it would be stupid to recast the role for a similarly aged person when they should reboot with a man in his prime.

sad

Golgo13
They did offer Bale a lot of money, but he turned it down.

Ash_J_Williams
Ben Affleck?! This is terrible news. Did they just watch Argo and forget about everything else? Daredevil, Armageddon, Gigli, Pearl phucking Harbor...

DARTH POWER
They did offer Bale a lot of money, but he turned it down.

That $50mill offer thing was just a rumur. As if he would turn that down!

Honestly Ryan Reynolds sounds good now. And his casting rumor was an April fools joke.

Golgo13
That $50mill offer thing was just a rumur. As if he would turn that down!

Honestly Ryan Reynolds sounds good now. And his casting rumor was an April fools joke.

Except it doesn't. You can ***** all you want, but Ben has never been more respected in Hollywood. He just came off a best picture win and is 3 for 3 in his last 3 films he directed. He's become a good actor and is not even close to his Daredevil days, even though that movie sucks for it's script and not him.

DARTH POWER
I'm sure he is a respected actor and director, but it's not like you just choose anyone who can act to play Batman.

And btw I'm actually one of the very few who liked Daredevil. But fact is we saw how he plays that kind of hero, and even if he surprises us 10 years later and does an OK job with Batman, that just won't be good enough for such an Iconic hero Imo.

And if I'm B****ing it's only because I care wink

Golgo13
I'm sure he is a respected actor and director, but it's not like you just choose anyone who can act to play Batman.

And btw I'm actually one of the very few who liked Daredevil. But fact is we saw how he plays that kind of hero, and even if he surprises us 10 years later and does an OK job with Batman, that just won't be good enough for such an Iconic hero Imo.

And if I'm B****ing it's only because I care wink

The same thing was said about Michael Keaton as Batman, Bale as Batman, Heath as Joker, and Ann Hathaway as Catwoman, yet all of those were good to great. Just wait and see before you judge. The trailer isn't even out yet.

For all the baggage Affleck has, he is a solid actor. Certainly better than a Cavill or Hemsworth, or Ryan Reynolds.

Golgo13
On another note another reason I'm happy with this, is because of the possibility of him directing a DC movie. Maybe Batman? Maybe JLA? Or maybe nothing.

BruceSkywalker
Wow, really? It has excellent reviews and is generally liked.

well you know i don't care what critics say

the new regime wanted to keep Affleck there, that is why he got the role..

right now nothing, i mean nothing will make me like this

I've always said if WB wanted a middle aged Batman, Bale was the best choice. He's already middle aged, people are familiar with him, and it would be stupid to recast the role for a similarly aged person when they should reboot with a man in his prime.

sad

I have always said that if they were too tweak Nolanverse some than Bale would have worked

DARTH POWER

For all the baggage Affleck has, he is a solid actor. Certainly better than a Cavill or Hemsworth, or Ryan Reynolds.

That's true, but it's not his acting abilities people are complaining about. It's about fitting the role. Caville and Hemsworth fit their hero role. RDJ was ideal for his hero role. This just seems like a completely wrong fit.

On another note another reason I'm happy with this, is because of the possibility of him directing a DC movie. Maybe Batman? Maybe JLA? Or maybe nothing.

That I don't mind. And being a fan is one thing he might bring here.

Golgo13
That's true, but it's not his acting abilities people are complaining about. It's about fitting the role. Caville and Hemsworth fit their hero role. RDJ was ideal for his hero role. This just seems like a completely wrong fit.

That I don't mind. And being a fan is one thing he might bring here.

TBH, I never thought of Ben as Batman. Not in a million years, but he has that charm/charisma to him that Bruce has. Of all the rumored choices (Bentley, Hobbit guy, Brolin, Urban, etc...) I think this is the best choice. I look at Ben in a suit and I can see Bruce Wayne, but that's just me.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>