Who has the best showings against teams and powerful opponents???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Spiderman
Deathstroke
Wolverine

Non prepped scenerios. Rank them from greatest to least greatest.

What I mean by powerful opponents is solo fights.

Zack Fair
Teams

Deathstroke
Spiderman
Wolverine

Solo opponents

Spider-Man/Wolverine
Deathstroke

pym-ftw
Spider-man

Stroke
Logan

--------------
Sinister 6/12

h1a8
Stroke for teams
Spidey I say for opponents

Golgo13
Wolverine took down the New Warriors.

sneer

Branlor Swift
Black Adam

Teams for these losers though is probably Deathstroke

Then Wolverine for solos, though Spiderboy isn't terribly far behind.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Golgo13
Wolverine took down the New Warriors.

sneer

Spiderman has easily tooled the X-Men, tho. stick out tongue

Lineup included Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Cylcops plus others.

Digi
DS has the single best team feat, when he extended his jobber aura far enough out to chump Flash and GL, in one of the worst cases of PIS I've ever seen. But he lacks volume compared to the other two.

No one has taken out more solo opponents than Spidey, maybe in the history of comics. Even Bats, Kal, Logan, etc. operated on teams for much of their history. But historically speaking, Spider-Man on teams is a fairly recent thing. Before about 10 years ago, he basically avoided them like the plague. Some schlock-fests like Firelord and his Cpt. Universe run help him in the total power department, and he certainly has a higher win total than the other two. Not a ton of team-busting feats, though, aside from a couple iconic ones like Sinister Six and Secret Wars X-Men.

DS for teams due to his love affair with the Titans early on. Spidey for solo opponents.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Digi
DS has the single best team feat, when he extended his jobber aura far enough out to chump Flash and GL, in one of the worst cases of PIS I've ever seen. But he lacks volume compared to the other two.

No one has taken out more solo opponents than Spidey, maybe in the history of comics. Even Bats, Kal, Logan, etc. operated on teams for much of their history. But historically speaking, Spider-Man on teams is a fairly recent thing. Before about 10 years ago, he basically avoided them like the plague. Some schlock-fests like Firelord and his Cpt. Universe run help him in the total power department, and he certainly has a higher win total than the other two. Not a ton of team-busting feats, though, aside from a couple iconic ones like Sinister Six and Secret Wars X-Men.

DS for teams due to his love affair with the Titans early on. Spidey for solo opponents. True, but it's a hell of a feat. If that doesn't net it, then I'd go with Spider-Man.

Spider-Man has tons of fights, but so does Wolverine, and Wolverine's had like 30 ongoings every year for the past 20 years, so he's certainly not far behind.

While Spider-Man has his high wins/fights sprinkled in there (Juggernaut, Hulk, Morlun, Thor, and the Firelord fight), Wolverine has made a history of fighting beings far above his level.
Like close to 2 dozen Hulk fights, some wins, a lot of losses. A lot of Wendigo fights where he's won his fair share of them. Sym, Baal, Apocalypse-Angel, Herc, etc.

I feel Wolverine has more fights against the high level characters than Spider-Man. Which I why I feel he could be perceived as doing better, because let's face it he doesn't do terrible. Though Spider-Man wouldn't be far behind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.