Fernus vs. The Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backup
Rules:

- Battle to death or incapacitacion

Who win this battle?

Glorificus
Surfer.

Golgo13
Mind rape ftw.

Zack Fair
Fernus.

LeonBuco666
really not to sure, im gonna go with surfer but not to sure

Zack Fair
Fernus was owning the shit out of the JL.

Don't see Surfer replicating that on average.

Golgo13
Fernus toyed with the JLA, so I don't see this ending well with Surfer.

janus77
Surfer has the potential (though not the personality) to toy with the JLA too.

I don't think that is all that significant. If the challenge is serious enough and Surfer's not feeling conflicted, he can be ferocious.

Golgo13
A lot of top tiers have the potential to toy with other top tiers. Afterall, Fernus was MM.

Zack Fair
thumb up

DTM
Surfer shouldnt fare any better against Fernus' mental powers than the JLA did, its becuase of those powers that Fernus beat the JLA, and hed do the same against Surfer as well.

janus77
Surfer has TP feats on a planetwide scale, I think he'll resist/shrug it off.

But Surfer can also decapitate and transmute Fernus before Fernus can even think.

abhilegend
Fernus wins. Superman has better mental resistance feats than surfer, didn't help him against Kelly's wanking of manhunter. Also lawlz @ surfer toying with JLA.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DTM
Surfer shouldnt fare any better against Fernus' mental powers than the JLA did, its becuase of those powers that Fernus beat the JLA, and hed do the same against Surfer as well.

thumb up Some of those JLA members have mental resisting feats too.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Golgo13
thumb up Some of those JLA members have mental resisting feats too.

Surfer with the mindset he had in Annihilation would beat Furnace decisively. Normal, holding back Surfer could lose, but not a majority IMO.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Surfer with the mindset he had in Annihilation would beat Furnace decisively. Normal, holding back Surfer could lose, but not a majority IMO.
Surfer in annihilation wasn't more powerful or something.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer in annihilation wasn't more powerful or something.
I don't think people are saying he was. It was his mindset during that event.

If "cosmic hippie" Surfer shows up to this fight, he loses.

If "Annihilation attitude" Surfer shows up to this fight, he wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop

He didn't show any better TP resistance in annihilation or after that.

Blue Area Vet

Correct. The power is always there and it's always ridiculous. It's more a matter of will with Surfer. Galactus flattened his emotions so he could cut lose.

Blue Area Vet
He didn't show any better TP resistance in annihilation or after that.

There was no opportunity to do so in that story line. Surfer has always had high TP resistense with some TP and TK of his own. Fernus is tough to deal with, but he isn't capable of destroying planets, exceeding the speed of light, resisting a reality warping, those sort of things.

Endless Mike
Fernus 7/10

abhilegend
There was no opportunity to do so in that story line. Surfer has always had high TP resistense with some TP and TK of his own. Fernus is tough to deal with, but he isn't capable of destroying planets, exceeding the speed of light, resisting a reality warping, those sort of things.
Destroying planets means he can beat anybody? Ravenous survived the same blast and then ronan and xenith beat the shit out of him without any planets exploding. Surfer isn't resisting fernus' telepathy who overpowered over a hundred highly amped white martians and killed them.

Surfer wasn't able to exceed lightspeed himself in normal space untill he went into hyperspace which would make him go self-bfr. Not to mention surfer has even fewer combat speed feats than J'onn.

Surfer resisted a reality warp in annihilation? And that means what exactly in this fight.

janus77
Surfer 8-9/10. Nothing Fernus has is that dangerous to Surfer and Surfer's got speed, versatility and sheer power over him.

janus77
Mind rape ftw.
Yep, that's one way Surfer could win. Though there are many many more.

abhilegend
Originally posted by janus77
Lulz.

janus77
Lulz.
Stop looking in the mirror, it's never gonna get any bigger no.

abhilegend
Stop looking in the mirror, it's never gonna get any bigger no. Originally posted by abhilegend
Lulz.

-Pr-
Surfer isn't toying with the JLA.

That said, closing soon for spite.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stop looking in the mirror, it's never gonna get any bigger no.

laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
Depends.....

Dude, have you seen the stuff in Surfer's Respect Thread? This isn't spite at all even if you believe Fernus wins.

Blue Area Vet
Destroying planets means he can beat anybody? Ravenous survived the same blast and then ronan and xenith beat the shit out of him without any planets exploding. Surfer isn't resisting fernus' telepathy who overpowered over a hundred highly amped white martians and killed them.

Surfer wasn't able to exceed lightspeed himself in normal space untill he went into hyperspace which would make him go self-bfr. Not to mention surfer has even fewer combat speed feats than J'onn.

Surfer resisted a reality warp in annihilation? And that means what exactly in this fight.

No, destroying planets is an indication of his power output. And yeah, I think Surfer does resist his telepathy adequately enough. As far as resisting reality warping, I never said he did it in Annihilation.

Blue Area Vet

LMFAO.... laughing I see what you did there.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by -Pr-

That said, closing soon for spite.

It can't be that bad can it? A ton of people here think Surfer wins is it spite just because of his toying with the JLA?

Golgo13
Fernus with a solid majority.

Zack Fair
LoL@Surfer wankage.

zopzop
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL@Surfer wankage.
I know right?

I mean how could we think a guy that's busted planets, has planetary level TP, planetary level matter manip, can time travel, can open black holes/singularities in people, etc.. has ANY chance vs Fernus.

confused

Zack Fair
I know right?

Yep.

Ambient
Tell em Zop!

Beside much of those fights the JLA members where ill prepared, fernus pretty much got the drop of em, heck if he tried it now! He wouldn't even come close to the front door Watchtower.

It ain't spite as opposed to Pr's opinion.

Blue Area Vet
I know right?

I mean how could we think a guy that's busted planets, has planetary level TP, planetary level matter manip, can time travel, can open black holes/singularities in people, etc.. has ANY chance vs Fernus.

confused

Not to mention he WADES in space. He is naked to all the incredible forces in space and functions like a human breathing clean air on a Caribean Beach. Heat, cold, graviation, magnetism, radiation, solar flares, nubulas, pulsars, black holes mean nothing to him. Furnace won't either.

Zack Fair
I seem to recall MM fighting the JL(althuough all we saw was a spread page) by his lonesome. His more vicious, powerful personality would **** them up.

JayDaDon
Funny how whenever Surfer gets the minimum respect due its wankage.

Zack Fair
8-9 victory over fernus is minimum respect?

All right then.

JayDaDon
Not really, I was adressing people suggesting it MAY not be spite as minimum respect due

Naija boy
Surfer wins if he is focused/bloodlusted or going all out to win. Simply having beaten an impressive team in comics while impressive does not translate as easily to forum battles because of the overiding presence of plot induced circumstances that cause characters to fight consideerably below full potential/capacity which last time i checked is an integral part of forum rules.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Not really, I was adressing people suggesting it MAY not be spite as minimum respect due Thats all right. I was addressing the ridiculous wank. So its all good.

abhilegend
No, destroying planets is an indication of his power output. And yeah, I think Surfer does resist his telepathy adequately enough. As far as resisting reality warping, I never said he did it in Annihilation.
People without planet busting did what surfer did just fine. Busting planets is just fine but it isn't an automatic win.Originally posted by Ambient
Tell em Zop!

Beside much of those fights the JLA members where ill prepared, fernus pretty much got the drop of em, heck if he tried it now! He wouldn't even come close to the front door Watchtower.

It ain't spite as opposed to Pr's opinion.
Fernus steamrolled them later when they were prepared too.Originally posted by zopzop
I know right?

confused
The only thing that matters there is TP and Fernus overpowered more than 100 telepaths who could operate TP at a galactic level.

Zack Fair
uh how are these white martians operating tp at galactic level?

abhilegend
uh how are these white martians operating tp at galactic level?
They amped themselves with human brains with latent TP potentials.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16326333_JLA_57_pg19.jpg

Just one brain of a human with latent TP amped their telepathy a million times and they were eating human brains for weeks. Fernus was a monster TP wise.

Zack Fair
Jesus ****

abhilegend
That's what happens when a writer starts wanking a character.

Ambient
Fernus steamrolled them later when they were prepared too.
The only thing that matters there is TP and Fernus overpowered more than 100 telepaths who could operate TP at a galactic level.
Batman seem to be the only one prep. The rest well where written very poorly, i mean just take a look at Supes - hence they got steamrolled.

The only thing that upped fernus is TP, I think Surfer's pretty much got that covered with his TP resistance.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Ambient
Batman seem to be the only one prep. The rest well where written very poorly, i mean just take a look at Supes - hence they got steamrolled.

The only thing that upped fernus is TP, I think Surfer's pretty much got that covered with his TP resistance.
They were written poorly because Kelly wanted to wank J'onn hard.

What feats of TP resistance surfer has against a telepath who can overpower and kill more than 100 galactic level telepaths?

Zack Fair
He is basically throwing away Fernus's best attribute because Surfer has resistance to TP..

Who gives a **** if Superman and some of the team he owned had TP resistance as well. Who cares if Fernus owned 100 white martians.

Ambient
They were written poorly because Kelly wanted to wank J'onn hard.

What feats of TP resistance surfer has against a telepath who can overpower and kill more than 100 galactic level telepaths?

How bout resisting the goddess + amp with cosmic cubes telepathic influence on him or resisting the others telepathic attacks or just plain old TP shielding that supposed blocks TP intrusion.

He is basically throwing away Fernus's best attribute because Surfer has resistance to TP..

Who gives a **** if Superman and some of the team he owned had TP resistance as well. Who cares if Fernus owned 100 white martians.
Yes! Resistance big once. Big f****ing once were talking about universal TP user and an abstract. Lolz

Zack Fair
has Surfer ever been mind ****ed?

Ambient
Yup Galactus and the Godess.

Golgo13

Just one brain of a human with latent TP amped their telepathy a million times and they were eating human brains for weeks. Fernus was a monster TP wise.

thumb up

abhilegend
How bout resisting the goddess + amp with cosmic cubes telepathic influence on him or resisting the others telepathic attacks or just plain old TP shielding that supposed blocks TP intrusion.

Yes! Resistance big once. Big f****ing once were talking about universal TP user and an abstract. Lolz
The one where Goddess was only influencing surfer and several others? Where several heroes like him broke free of her influence with just willpower?

No limit fallacy ftw. Who did he block with that shielding?

Superman has resisted TP from an abstract with information of a multiverse dumped in his head. Surfer thought he would die when information of a universe was dumped in his head.Originally posted by Zack Fair
Several times. An echo of The other's consciousness killed him by a mindrape and psycho man owned him twice with mindrape.

Ambient
Dude only surfer broke the influence no other.

Like I said they where written poorly - abstract > Fernus.

You meant the totality of the other killed him and that was not via telepathically.
Infact he pretty much no sold a telepathic attack from the other.

Lol you meant he owned psycho man pretty badly, the only reason he got affected by that psycho machine was getting a drop on him.

Context man context..

janus77
Context man context..
Abhigale is like a Flatworld creature, context requires appreciation of dimensions that he just can't see.

Golgo13
I doubt Surfer will be fighting off Fernus or MM.

abhilegend
Dude only surfer broke the influence no other.

Like I said they where written poorly - abstract > Fernus.

You meant the totality of the other killed him and that was not via telepathically.
Infact he pretty much no sold a telepathic attack from the other.

Lol you meant he owned psycho man pretty badly, the only reason he got affected by that psycho machine was getting a drop on him.

Context man context..
Thor did too.

Its more like that writers don't take characters like we do on vs forums.

It was just a few of his consciousness. It was most certainly mindrape.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15980751_SS_v3_134_16b.jpg

After he made peace with his inner demons. He was still mindraped straight up. Fernus is much more powerful than psycho-man's machines.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16326676_SS_v3_143_17a.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16326680_SS_v3_143_18a.jpg

Psycho man again mindraped him in Hulk 12 just before Rulk drained him and killed him.

Ambient
Dude like I said! Context! There was no mind rape in those scans.

I mention it earlier on above post that psycho manchineel got the drop on him, heck didn't even know who or what those machines where. Do u know how easy he owned psycho man when he meant business. You need to put up evidence scan to ur point otherwise it's just moot.

Don't remember Thor ever in goddess influence.. Scanz

abhilegend
Dude like I said! Context! There was no mind rape in those scans.

I mention it earlier on above post that psycho manchineel got the drop on him, heck didn't even know who or what those machines where. Do u know how easy he owned psycho man when he meant business. You need to put up evidence scan to ur point otherwise it's just moot.

Don't remember Thor ever in goddess influence.. Scanz
Yes. I said that too.

Surfer has experience with psycho-man. He knows what he and his machines can do.

It still doesn't explain Psycho-man mindraping him again in hulk 12.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense06InfinityWatch21.jpg

curryman
Hulk 12 was an alternate Surfer randomly plucked from the timestream and it was a part of Loeb's absolutely terrible run no expression

The Goddess also succeeded in temporarily controlling thor, before the Valkyrie-madness overpowered it and he took off.

Blue Area Vet
People without planet busting did what surfer did just fine. Busting planets is just fine but it isn't an automatic win.
Fernus steamrolled them later when they were prepared too.

Yeah, but I didn't say or suggest it was an autowin. I clearly said it was an indicator of his power output, so this is a strawman argument.

Fernus is very powerful in one area. SS is very powerful in several areas. And now matter how highly your regard Fernus's TP, I am sure you will agree (although, maybe not based on your overall stance) that Goddess was FAR AND AWAY more powerful. Well, Surfer resisted her. You asked for an example of his TP resistance after first doubting he had any.

Blue Area Vet
Yes. I said that too.

Surfer has experience with psycho-man. He knows what he and his machines can do.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense06InfinityWatch21.jpg

Well Ambient, here is your proof. Looks like Thor being controlled for somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds. big grin

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Hulk 12 was an alternate Surfer randomly plucked from the timestream and it was a part of Loeb's absolutely terrible run no expression

The Goddess also succeeded in temporarily controlling thor, before the Valkyrie-madness overpowered it and he took off.
It was 616 surfer.Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Yeah, but I didn't say or suggest it was an autowin. I clearly said it was an indicator of his power output, so this is a strawman argument.

Fernus is very powerful in one area. SS is very powerful in several areas. And now matter how highly your regard Fernus's TP, I am sure you will agree (although, maybe not based on your overall stance) that Goddess was FAR AND AWAY more powerful. Well, Surfer resisted her. You asked for an example of his TP resistance after first doubting he had any.
Fernus can avoid surfer's blasts by going intangible.

Goddess wasn't focused on controlling surfer totally.

quanchi112
It was 616 surfer.

Goddess wasn't focused on controlling surfer totally. He resisted so its an feat for the Surfer whether you like it or not.

Blue Area Vet
It was 616 surfer.

Goddess wasn't focused on controlling surfer totally.

So, you think a fight between Surfer and Fernus would be Fernus simply going intangible for the entire fight? In that case, Surfer time travels backward to whenever and kills Fernus as a baby or pod or whatever. And yes, Surfer CAN do that. Or, he flies away at several thousand times the speed of light to escape the scope of Fernus psi and flies back just as fast or faster, killing Fernus.

abhilegend
So, you think a fight between Surfer and Fernus would be Fernus simply going intangible for the entire fight? In that case, Surfer time travels backward to whenever and kills Fernus as a baby or pod or whatever. And yes, Surfer CAN do that. Or, he flies away at several thousand times the speed of light to escape the scope of Fernus psi and flies back just as fast or faster, killing Fernus.
He can avoid surfer's blasts by turning intangible.

Surfer can't leave battlefield as it would be self BFR and he would auto lose.

curryman
616 surfer from a different point in time.

For the record, I agree that Fernus' TP is too much for Surfer, but because of some garbage that Loeb spewed.

Blue Area Vet
He can avoid surfer's blasts by turning intangible.

Surfer can't leave battlefield as it would be self BFR and he would auto lose.

LOL, okay, then Surfer time stomps him, EOS.

Ambient

Obviously not! Just take a look at the scan you provided. He wasn't even sure if that machine was gonna attack him! He didn't even perceive it as a real treat, judging by his lack approach. Heck! Does he even know that machine was from psycho man?

It looks like your taking all of Surfers TP resistance base on this showing, a low showing. It doesn't work that way man.

Here how bout this from the inciters. His got far more better TP feats than against psychoman - If I didn't know better I think your up to ur old tricks - lowball the hell out of character ur debating against- Lolz

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p21.jpg

This guy lets out Telepathic influence around him and it didn't even reach Surfer yet Binary and roque succumb to it almost instantly.

My bad forgut about Thor from blood and thunder, the same one that moondragon and Odin couldn't do jack with they're TP's. that doesn't take anything away from surfer resisting and breaking goddess mental hold on him, fact it even put it on perspective..

abhilegend
616 surfer from a different point in time.

For the record, I agree that Fernus' TP is too much for Surfer, but because of some garbage that Loeb spewed.
Agreed. It was an atrocity.Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
LOL, okay, then Surfer time stomps him, EOS.
Surfer can't stop time.

abhilegend
Obviously not! Just take a look at the scan you provided. He wasn't even sure if that machine was gonna attack him! He didn't even perceive it as a real treat, judging by his lack approach. Heck! Does he even know that machine was from psycho man?

It looks like your taking all of Surfers TP resistance base on this showing, a low showing. It doesn't work that way man.

Here how bout this from the inciters. His got far more better TP feats than against psychoman - If I didn't know better I think your up to ur old tricks - lowball the hell out of character ur debating against- Lolz

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p21.jpg

This guy lets out Telepathic influence around him and it didn't even reach Surfer yet Binary and roque succumb to it almost instantly.

My bad forgut about Thor from blood and thunder, the same one that moondragon and Odin couldn't do jack with they're TP's. that doesn't take anything away from surfer resisting and breaking goddess mental hold on him, fact it even put it on perspective..
He realized at the very moment it attached to his head and he even struggled before getting knocked out. He was caught un-prepared but he had time to get out.

Not at all. He was mindcontrolled to fight against Dracula once too by a random magician IIRC.

Surfer explained that those were just fragments of a vast consciousness.

They could affect him with his TP and Thor wasn't totally mad at that point. Moondragon had Thor on his knees before mind gem somehow brought Valkyrie to life and Odin feared that he might kill Thor if he forcefully cured him.

abhilegend
Here is the scan, **** edit time limit.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16332812_SS_FlashBack_1997_20a.jpg

Blue Area Vet
He realized at the very moment it attached to his head and he even struggled before getting knocked out. He was caught un-prepared but he had time to get out.

Not at all. He was mindcontrolled to fight against Dracula once too by a random magician IIRC.

They could affect him with his TP and Thor wasn't totally mad at that point. Moondragon had Thor on his knees before mind gem somehow brought Valkyrie to life and Odin feared that he might kill Thor if he forcefully cured him.

Before you bring more to the fray, how about acknowledging what you just saw, which was psi resistance in it's purest form. You started off saying he didn't have any. He specifically used his cosmic power to manifest psi resistance, the same cosmic power he uses to amp his strength, create EP blasts, etc. You can continue to argue for Fernus, but the notion that Surfer doesn't have high level TP resistance is completely dead.

On a side note, I'd love to see Dracula or Fernus defeat Mephisto in his own realm.

JayDaDon
Thats all right. I was addressing the ridiculous wank. So its all good.

Where is this wankage?

Zack Fair
Not bothering anymore.

JayDaDon
No need to get hostile, I was genuinely curious

Zack Fair
How am I being hostile?

And I did tell you what I considered wank.

Didn't feel like repeating myself because it looked like we would go on circles. I said I considered giving Surfer a 8-9 win to be wank.

Ambient

Well this is what u would call a low showing - I mean for someone who supposedly quite familiar with the character's history - this shouldn't be a no brainer. ( tanking blows from the likes of Thor, savage hulk. Resisting TP from sin eaters, inciters, the others, god cable, Goddess - etc and then to go down within one shot from that machine then get tp'ed is clearly not of the norm showing for the Surfer, so using this as bases for Surfers TP resistance is a clear lowball to the character . )

This was when he was trap on earth depowered and by mystical manipulation, pretty much irrelevant to this discussion.

Fragment of an abstract entity - however you look at it is very impressive TP resistance feat.

Taking all Surfer TP resistance from all his showing shouldn't be too far fetch for him to resist fernus TP in forum battle, this is all I'm saying +/add powerful energy output! It isn't spite match either.

Why don't u do as a favor and start counter argument your match with Digi. Lolz
The suspense is killing me.. smile

Stoic
Well this is what u would call a low showing - I mean for someone who supposedly quite familiar with the character's history - this shouldn't be a no brainer. ( tanking blows from the likes of Thor, savage hulk. Resisting TP from sin eaters, inciters, the others, god cable, Goddess - etc and then to go down within one shot from that machine then get tp'ed is clearly not of the norm showing for the Surfer, so using this as bases for Surfers TP resistance is a clear lowball to the character . )

This was when he was trap on earth depowered and by mystical manipulation, pretty much irrelevant to this discussion.

Fragment of an abstract entity - however you look at it is very impressive TP resistance feat.

Taking all Surfer TP resistance from all his showing shouldn't be too far fetch for him to resist fernus TP in forum battle, this is all I'm saying +/add powerful energy output! It isn't spite match either.

Some people are clearly not taking into account that Norrin's soul has been tampered with by Galactus several times since the initial inception of the character. This tampering I believe, galvanized his mind giving him very high amounts of TP resistance. What we saw in Hulk 12 was a Surfer that did not yet go through the process of having his soul and mind buffed up by Galactus yet, or more than the one time that Galactus imbues all of his Herald's with. Galactus made the Surfer capable of resisting the harshest of conditions that he might face while searching for planets to serve him.

janus77
Surfer's consciousness and the Power Cosmic would **** up Fernus' mind if he were to try TP Surfer.

Anyway, since when was Toilet Paper standard issue for Fernus? :unsure:

Seriously though, Surfer slaughters Fernus in a forum fight.

Golgo13
Fernus would use surfer as toilet paper. wink

janus77
Fernus would use surfer as toilet paper. wink
Innovative use of the word "use" there, given that a) it would be Surfer's surfboard and b) Fernus would be the shit stain on it that was being transported FTL to the heart of the nearest star.

Golgo13
Surfer would be a silver shit stain, I agree. stick out tongue

Ambient
Originally posted by Stoic
Some people are clearly not taking into account that Norrin's soul has been tampered with by Galactus several times since the initial inception of the character. This tampering I believe, galvanized his mind giving him very high amounts of TP resistance. What we saw in Hulk 12 was a Surfer that did not yet go through the process of having his soul and mind buffed up by Galactus yet, or more than the one time that Galactus imbues all of his Herald's with. Galactus made the Surfer capable of resisting the harshest of conditions that he might face while searching for planets to serve him.
Yah! This was mentioned in the comics. I believe it was in the early 2nd season issue, when Galactus tampered with his mind to hid the where a bouts of Zenlla and so so, this block prevented his mind from outside intrusion.

quanchi112
Surfer would be a silver shit stain, I agree. stick out tongue What makes you think so ?

abhilegend

Low showing happens once. Not twice as Psycho-man mindraped him twice. Not to mention taking blows from thor and hulk has no bearings on this. Not familiar with Inciters or sin eater, issue number please. The only thing that is impressive there is Goddess resistance feat. Cable never used TP on surfer and Fernus would mindrape cable too.

Surfer was never depowered by Galactus.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16334647_30.jpg

Yes, it took all his power to beat a fragment of an abstract. J'onn alone has vastly better feats than that and Fernus is literally millions of times more powerful than him. You are not fully comprehending just how powerful Fernus' TP was. Let me demonstrate that to you. J'onn was barely able to make Joker sane with all his power and for a short time.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2634299-2.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2634300-3.png

Later he got overwhelmed by Joker's mind in JLA 35.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16334649_JLA_216.jpg

Fernus turned Joker sane like an afterthought

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2650205-1.png

Only one white martian before he amplified his TP mindraped J'onn.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16334650_jla_055_04.jpg

Then they amplified their TP a million fold with each brain they consumed.

These same martians beat every superhero on earth

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2655422-14.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2655423-15.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2655424-16.png

Fernus slaughtered every one of them

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2650230-1.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103208/2650231-2.png

Surfer's TP resistance feats are nothing to what Superman has resisted and he couldn't do anything to fernus.

I want digi to start responding first.Originally posted by Stoic
Some people are clearly not taking into account that Norrin's soul has been tampered with by Galactus several times since the initial inception of the character. This tampering I believe, galvanized his mind giving him very high amounts of TP resistance. What we saw in Hulk 12 was a Surfer that did not yet go through the process of having his soul and mind buffed up by Galactus yet, or more than the one time that Galactus imbues all of his Herald's with. Galactus made the Surfer capable of resisting the harshest of conditions that he might face while searching for planets to serve him. Originally posted by Ambient
Yah! This was mentioned in the comics. I believe it was in the early 2nd season issue, when Galactus tampered with his mind to hid the where a bouts of Zenlla and so so, this block prevented his mind from outside intrusion.
He just blocked surfer's memories and that block was lifted on surfer's respect later.

abhilegend
Before you bring more to the fray, how about acknowledging what you just saw, which was psi resistance in it's purest form. You started off saying he didn't have any. He specifically used his cosmic power to manifest psi resistance, the same cosmic power he uses to amp his strength, create EP blasts, etc. You can continue to argue for Fernus, but the notion that Surfer doesn't have high level TP resistance is completely dead.

On a side note, I'd love to see Dracula or Fernus defeat Mephisto in his own realm.
I never said he doesn't has TP resistance. Its not enough for resisting Fernus' TP.

Hawkeye has defeated Mephisto in his realm. Daredevil has beaten mephisto. Not to mention the only time surfer did anything to surfer was when he caught him totally un-prepared and conceded that if Mephisto wasn't u-prepared he would've stand no chance.

Blue Area Vet
I never said he doesn't has TP resistance. Its not enough for resisting Fernus' TP.

Hawkeye has defeated Mephisto in his realm. Daredevil has beaten mephisto. Not to mention the only time surfer did anything to surfer was when he caught him totally un-prepared and conceded that if Mephisto wasn't u-prepared he would've stand no chance.

Again, Goddesses TP is much stronger than Fernus's, and he resisted it. It's easily strong enough.

The rest of your comments are too asinine for me to respond to.

In summary:

- You contended Fernus's TP was too strong for Surfer to overcome and Surfer had not shown TP resistance "since Annihilation."
- Surfer has high level TP resistance, proof provided.
- Surfer has resisted TP stronger than Fernus, proof provided.

You may argue on Fernus's behalf, but the idea that Fernus's TP is an autowin against the likes of Silver Surfer is utterly ridiculous. Anyone can see that if they are looking with their eyes and not their heart.

curryman
Why do you just assume that the goddess' TP is much stronger?

JayDaDon
Sooooo is TP basically all Fernus can bring to the table against Surfer?

Blue Area Vet

That's pretty self explanatory. She operated on a universal level.

quanchi112
Why do you just assume that the goddess' TP is much stronger? laughing out loud

abhilegend
Again, Goddesses TP is much stronger than Fernus's, and he resisted it. It's easily strong enough.

The rest of your comments are too asinine for me to respond to.

In summary:

- You contended Fernus's TP was too strong for Surfer to overcome and Surfer had not shown TP resistance "since Annihilation."
- Surfer has high level TP resistance, proof provided.
- Surfer has resisted TP stronger than Fernus, proof provided.

You may argue on Fernus's behalf, but the idea that Fernus's TP is an autowin against the likes of Silver Surfer is utterly ridiculous. Anyone can see that if they are looking with their eyes and not their heart. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
J'onn has operated on universal scale too if we're going by that criteria.

J'onn and Saturn girl combine their powers and link every mind in universe to each other. That's what Goddess did, right? Fernus is millions of times more powerful than j'onn. Do the math.

Blue Area Vet
J'onn has operated on universal scale too if we're going by that criteria.

J'onn and Saturn girl combine their powers and link every mind in universe to each other. That's what Goddess did, right? Fernus is millions of times more powerful than j'onn. Do the math.

I did. If Fernus was millions of times more powerful than J'onn, there wouldn't be a D.C. Universe. It would be defeated with a thought.

curryman

Okay.

So around J'onn or Miss Saturn's level then?

Blue Area Vet
I did. If Fernus was millions of times more powerful than J'onn, there wouldn't be a D.C. Universe. It would be defeated with a thought.

Oh, and by the way, Shaman X mentally thrashes Fernus. Fernus wasn't warping reality with his mind.

quanchi112
I did. If Fernus was millions of times more powerful than J'onn, there wouldn't be a D.C. Universe. It would be defeated with a thought. Exactly. He needs to prove Fernus is more powerful at Tp.

Blue Area Vet
Okay.

So around J'onn or Miss Saturn's level then?

Are you at all familar with Goddess?

Golgo13
Feats for Goddess?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
Exactly. He needs to prove Fernus is more powerful at Tp.

People need to think before they hit reply. laughing at millions of times more powerful than J'onn. If that were the case, the Justice League would be vegetables at best, perhaps erased from existance at worst. There would be NO resistance from him whatsoever and there would be not story to tell. Over the top commentary is always comical, but then again, that's D.C. Universe as a whole for you. Now, back to planet pushing, holding black holes, seeing lighting in slow motion, punching through 300 mile thick willpower walls and farting through different realities.

Golgo13
Fernus was holding back. Like all Martians do. stick out tongue

quanchi112
People need to think before they hit reply. laughing at millions of times more powerful than J'onn. If that were the case, the Justice League would be vegetables at best, perhaps erased from existance at worst. There would be NO resistance from him whatsoever and there would be not story to tell. Over the top commentary is always comical, but then again, that's D.C. Universe as a whole for you. Now, back to planet pushing, holding black holes, seeing lighting in slow motion, punching through 300 mile thick willpower walls and farting through different realities. laughing out loud

curryman
Are you at all familar with Goddess?
Yes.

Not going to entertain some ridiculous a-priori bullshit about the Goddess being superior.

Blue Area Vet
Yes.

Not going to entertain some ridiculous a-priori bullshit about the Goddess being superior.

Maybe you are getting confused with some other character also named Goddess. This is Goddess from the classic Infinity Gauntlet Trilogy in Marvel. She was the good side of Adam Warlock whom he expelled from his body in preparation to wield the Infinity Gauntlet. I'll let you look up the rest. Yeah, she would qualify as superior to Fernus is every conceivable manner.

quanchi112
Yes.

Not going to entertain some ridiculous a-priori bullshit about the Goddess being superior. Then prove it.

curryman
Maybe you are getting confused with some other character also named Goddess. This is Goddess from the classic Infinity Gauntlet Trilogy in Marvel. She was the good side of Adam Warlock whom he expelled from his body in preparation to wield the Infinity Gauntlet. I'll let you look up the rest. Yeah, she would qualify as superior to Fernus is every conceivable manner.

I even referenced Thor's encounter with her earlier.

You didn't read neither mine nor Abhi's posts. Just do yourself a favour and drop out.

carver9
Surfer 7/10

Golgo13
Fernus 10/10.

Ambient
Low showing happens once. Not twice as Psycho-man mindraped him twice. Not to mention taking blows from thor and hulk has no bearings on this. Not familiar with Inciters or sin eater, issue number please. The only thing that is impressive there is Goddess resistance feat. Cable never used TP on surfer and Fernus would mindrape cable too.

Surfer was never depowered by Galactus

I mentioned Thor and Hulk to convey that the scan u posted to support your claim is a low showing of Surfer, as pointed out that it only took 1 single physical blow coming from the machine to lay Surfer on ground whence the brick characters I mentioned could hardly put him with several blows.

The second time also coming from the same issue was not a mindrape as u suggested and again this was a drop from an unsuspecting Surfer.

No he was not depowered by Galactus and I never said he was. I was referring to Reed's sonic shark invention.

The scan below explains it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/qlol.jpg/

And here he mention it again.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/91ff.jpg/

God cable force mind link with Surfer during the fight if he could have swayed him via telepathy he could done it already.

The Inciters - http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Inciters

Your also forgetting Surfer TP resistant from the abstract entity - Other.

Again choosing Surfers lowest TP resistance as oppose his standard Is clear indication of lowballing the character to present your case, it's really not helping you.

It didn't take all his power to defeat the Fragment of the Other, He defeated it with his own TP blast.

http://imageshack.us/f/694/bxdo.jpg/

As for ur other post, I get it Fernus is an uber TP user but so is the Goddess and the Other, to which Surfer not only resisted they're manipulation but triumph against them.

Oh I comprehend his power completely, it's just that when u counter argue against a character, u base your opinion on they're lowest standard therefore your only conclusion is we don't get the character your presenting.. Almost every time..

http://imageshack.us/f/5/peqo.jpg/

That picture right there should explain why, that's only 8 cosmic cube right there when she started TP the whole Universe she had 30 at the time Surfer and Thor broke free of her control.

Nibedicus
What surprises me is how everyone is accepting the "Miss Martian and MM is universal" claim without first scrutinizing the context behind the scan provided.

No time to do it atm, otherwise, I'd do it. stick out tongue

Golgo13
Originally posted by Nibedicus
What surprises me is how everyone is accepting the "Miss Martian and MM is universal" claim without first scrutinizing the context behind the scan provided.

No time to do it atm, otherwise, I'd do it. stick out tongue

Go ahead. Who mentioned miss martian?

Nibedicus
Go ahead. Who mentioned miss martian?

Sorry, Saturn Girl. Like I said, got little time to go thru the scan thoroughly (and tying on my Iphone but even a quick scan is already telling me a lot of the context is getting ignored.

Ambient
Sorry, Saturn Girl. Like I said, got little time to go thru the scan thoroughly (and tying on my Iphone but even a quick scan is already telling me a lot of the context is getting ignored.
Lols! Yeah I know eh.

"Through the telepaths among them they link. Through that link they reach out to telepaths throughout the cosmos."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm on blackberry. It's a pain to respond to this post.

quanchi112
Lols! Yeah I know eh.

"Through the telepaths among them they link. Through that link they reach out to telepaths throughout the cosmos."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm on blackberry. It's a pain to respond to this post. laughing out loud

Figures.

Golgo13

Oh, I thought you meant miss martian had a universal feat. Ia still laugh at the notion that surfer can toy with the jla.

Blue Area Vet
I even referenced Thor's encounter with her earlier.

You didn't read neither mine nor Abhi's posts. Just do yourself a favour and drop out.

If you've got the right Goddess, then something is not computing with you and I don't know what it is. Fernus is several tiers below Goddess. Now, I think I will do myself a favor and drop out.

Ambient
Oh, I thought you meant miss martian had a universal feat. Ia still laugh at the notion that surfer can toy with the jla.
If u say so, after all your the only one saying that! I mean I've gone through the whole 7 pages and no one ever suggested it cept u.

quanchi112
If u say so, after all your the only one saying that! I mean I've gone through the whole 7 pages and no one ever suggested it cept u. laughing out loud
laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
I mentioned Thor and Hulk to convey that the scan u posted to support your claim is a low showing of Surfer, as pointed out that it only took 1 single physical blow coming from the machine to lay Surfer on ground whence the brick characters I mentioned could hardly put him with several blows.

The second time also coming from the same issue was not a mindrape as u suggested and again this was a drop from an unsuspecting Surfer.

No he was not depowered by Galactus and I never said he was. I was referring to Reed's sonic shark invention.

The scan below explains it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/qlol.jpg/

And here he mention it again.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/91ff.jpg/

God cable force mind link with Surfer during the fight if he could have swayed him via telepathy he could done it already.

The Inciters - http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Inciters

Your also forgetting Surfer TP resistant from the abstract entity - Other.

Again choosing Surfers lowest TP resistance as oppose his standard Is clear indication of lowballing the character to present your case, it's really not helping you.

It didn't take all his power to defeat the Fragment of the Other, He defeated it with his own TP blast.

http://imageshack.us/f/694/bxdo.jpg/

As for ur other post, I get it Fernus is an uber TP user but so is the Goddess and the Other, to which Surfer not only resisted they're manipulation but triumph against them.

Oh I comprehend his power completely, it's just that when u counter argue against a character, u base your opinion on they're lowest standard therefore your only conclusion is we don't get the character your presenting.. Almost every time..

http://imageshack.us/f/5/peqo.jpg/

That picture right there should explain why, that's only 8 cosmic cube right there when she started TP the whole Universe she had 30 at the time Surfer and Thor broke free of her control.

Waiting for someone to ask "What makes you think the Other's TP is as strong as Fernus?" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, I'd love to see an explanation of how Surfer was able to completely resist Uber Cable, in close proximity combat. The same Cable that took over the Earth with TP/TK.

Golgo13
If u say so, after all your the only one saying that! I mean I've gone through the whole 7 pages and no one ever suggested it cept u.

Look again.

Ambient
chair

zopzop
Can anyone post the God Cable/Surfer fight scans or link to them if they're in his respect thread?

Ambient
Originally posted by ..messedn0w:..
Surfer Vs an Omega Level Cable

http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool092005broomhandle.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool092005broomhandle1.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool092005broomhandle.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur2.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur3.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur1.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur4.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur2.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur1.jpg
http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg

Cover
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/GaryDaMack/CableDeadpool102005StreetSamurai-DC.jpg

Golgo13
chair

Violence doesn't solve anything. stick out tongue

Blue Area Vet

One of the coolest fights in ever in comics IMO. I mean, destroying building and putting them back together in combat?

zopzop

Wowo. They were "vaporizing" sh|t and then rebuilding the damage they were causing and the Surfer ultimately winds up winning!

Thanks for those.

Golgo13
Wowo. They were "vaporizing" sh|t and then rebuilding the damage they were causing and the Surfer ultimately winds up winning!

Thanks for those.

Would you place Cable above Fernus?

Ambient

Thanks for those.

Yup! Right in the middle of it, Cable mindlink with Surfer.
Would you place Cable above Fernus?
If u ask me no.

abhilegend
Oh really? How do you know that?

abhilegend
I mentioned Thor and Hulk to convey that the scan u posted to support your claim is a low showing of Surfer, as pointed out that it only took 1 single physical blow coming from the machine to lay Surfer on ground whence the brick characters I mentioned could hardly put him with several blows. Are you sure about that? I recall thor oneshotting him. Also he wasn't even thrown to ground because they were in space.

It was absolutely a mindrape and it wasn't from the same issue.

Surfer was restored once he was freed by the barrier by Loki and Mephisto. Surfer has been drained nearly two dozen times since then and he always go back to being as powerful as before as soon as he gets to absorb starlight like dynamo city arc.

The good thing is that Cable wanted to get beaten then, wouldn't it?

Link not working for me. Give me the isue number.

The other wasn't an abstract in SS v3. The fragments of that consciousness surfer resisted couldn't even break a normal human.

You are taking the opposite track here, calling everything surfer hasn't resisted as a low showing.

"Channeling all his cosmic power" means what now?

He only resisted against Goddess' subtle telepathic influence. It wasn't an all out TP attack. Other killed him by mindrape. What are you talking about?

Not exactly. I go by average showings of characters. Going by high end feats, superman shits on surfer's TP resistance and yet Fernus mindraped him.

Image is removed. Goddess wasn't concentrating on surfer and thor only.

abhilegend
Lols! Yeah I know eh.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm on blackberry. It's a pain to respond to this post. They "reached" to every telepath across cosmos isn't a universal level feat? How many telepath you know who can link themselves to every telepath in universe?

Nibedicus
They "reached" to every telepath across cosmos isn't a universal level feat? How many telepath you know who can link themselves to every telepath in universe?

About as much as logging on to the internet as being a "global telecommunication feat".

From the parts of the scene that are shown, it looks like the link was SG/MM (and isn't thst the Wizard Shazam there? Doesn't he have impressive TP abilities himself?) amping their abilities off everyone who joined their hands together and thru that, reaching out to the cosmos to every other telepath, the combination of every telepath in the cosmos linking together and reaching out, boosting their power and further reaching out to more and more minds and in the end establishing a shared mutual connection.

That is, unless, I'm missing context that is not provided with the scan in question?

Golgo13
When has SHAZAM shown massive TP abilities? I know Mordru has some uber feats, but that's the only mage I know that has those types of feats.

Diesldude
About as much as logging on to the internet as being a "global telecommunication feat".

From the parts of the scene that are shown, it looks like the link was SG/MM (and isn't thst the Wizard Shazam there? Doesn't he have impressive TP abilities himself?) amping their abilities off everyone who joined their hands together and thru that, reaching out to the cosmos to every other telepath, the combination of every telepath in the cosmos linking together and reaching out, boosting their power and further reaching out to more and more minds and in the end establishing a shared mutual connection.

That is, unless, I'm missing context that is not provided with the scan in question?

I don't think it was intended this way. Do the Martians act as a hive? i don't think so. I think each brain amped them. Similar to how in the death of the new gods, each soul DS gained of a new god amped him exponentially, instead of just adding the power of the dead new god.

quanchi112
They "reached" to every telepath across cosmos isn't a universal level feat? How many telepath you know who can link themselves to every telepath in universe? That is combining powers. Lol.

Nibedicus
When has SHAZAM shown massive TP abilities? I know Mordru has some uber feats, but that's the only mage I know that has those types of feats.

Didn't say he did. Was ASKING if he did. I know Mordu had massive TP abilities but I'm not the expert of Shazam here (tho it has been claimed that he has TP abilities in the forum searches I went through) and would like to ask ppl if he did have TP abilities.

Originally posted by Diesldude
I don't think it was intended this way. Do the Martians act as a hive? i don't think so. I think each brain amped them. Similar to how in the death of the new gods, each soul DS gained of a new god amped him exponentially, instead of just adding the power of the dead new god.

That's how I understood the wording of:

"Through the telepaths among them, they link. Through that link, they reach out to telepaths throughout the cosmos".

"The link between* minds reaches out to everything that thinks..."

* - "between"is defined as: "jointly engaging, in common action of, shared by."

This looks like a joining of the mind between all telepaths and the combined abilities managing to connect all the other minds out there.

Regardless of how it works, however, even your interpretation of it is also places it as a form of massively "shared feat". My point is that it's silly to term MM/SG as "universal-level telepaths" due to this "feat" due to its extremely shared nature.

Golgo13
Don't remember SHAZAM with Psionic powers, but I could be wrong.

abhilegend
Shazam has never showed TP powers.

abhilegend

Do you initiate the internet connection and maintain with your power alone across the world.

Shazam has never showed any TP powers. You might as well argue that superman and captain marvel have TP too.

Searching and connecting telepaths across universe is a universal feat. You can nitpick it as you do for every DC character's feat or accept it as it was presented. I'm not going to play this game of nitpicking again.

Nibedicus
Do you initiate the internet connection and maintain with your power alone across the world.

Again:

"Through the telepaths among them, they link. Through that link, they reach out to telepaths throughout the cosmos".

"The link between minds reaches out to everything that thinks..."

The scene strongly presented thru the words used that this was a "joint feat" between the telepaths that participated in the linking. They did initiate it, but the scene points strongly to a combination of efforts between telepaths.

You can ignore this if you want, but the words are quite clear.

They initiated it, sure. But it took the joint minds of every telepath in the cosmos to maintain it.

Shazam has never showed any TP powers. You might as well argue that superman and captain marvel have TP too.

Sigh. See my response to Golgo.

Searching and connecting telepaths across universe is a universal feat. You can nitpick it as you do for every DC character's feat or accept it as it was presented. I'm not going to play this game of nitpicking again.

A joint universal "feat" between every telepath in the cosmos, sure.

Also, as I don't post here often, I don't see how I "nitpick every DC character feat" especially since the last long debate I had was against Rage and his interpretation of a Thor "feat" and my debate BEFORE that was in defense of a Thor "feat" against zop.

shrug

We can throw around accusations here, but is that really what you wanna do?

abhilegend
Again:

"The link between minds reaches out to everything that thinks..."

The scene strongly presented thru the words used that this was a "joint feat" between the telepaths that participated in the linking. They did initiate it, but the scene points strongly to a combination of efforts between telepaths.

You can ignore this if you want, but the words are quite clear.

They initiated it, sure. But it took the joint minds of every telepath in the cosmos to maintain it.

Sigh. See my response to Golgo.

A joint universal "feat" between every telepath in the cosmos, sure.

Also, as I don't post here often, I don't see how I "nitpick every DC character feat" especially since the last long debate I had was against Rage and his interpretation of a Thor "feat" and my debate BEFORE that was in defense of a Thor "feat" against zop.

shrug

We can throw around accusations here, but is that really what you wanna do?
Did they reached to every telepath across universe? Yes or no? Is that a universal feat? Yes or no?

Like I said, I've no desire to play this game with you this time.

Nibedicus
Did they reached to every telepath across universe? Yes or no? Is that a universal feat? Yes or no?

Like I said, I've no desire to play this game with you this time.

With the help of all the other telepaths, they did.

Everything we do in these forums are done in fun, if you don't wanna "play" you don't have to. I'll still post my opinions, tho, if you don't mind.

janus77
Haha, Abhigale's lies backing up the one shot Fernus has at giving Surfer a fight, crumble the second scans are posted? How surprising.

abhilegend
With the help of all the other telepaths, they did.

Everything we do in these forums are done in fun, if you don't wanna "play" you don't have to. I'll still post my opinions, tho, if you don't mind.
There was only one another telepath who was helping him at that moment to reach telepaths across the whole universe.

I don't mind that. I hate nitpicking feats though.Originally posted by janus77
Haha, Abhigale's lies backing up the one shot Fernus has at giving Surfer a fight, crumble the second scans are posted? How surprising.
Lulz.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>