When do you start to like Spider-Man?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kellyliang674
When do you start to like Spider-Man?

Kazenji
After watching the 90's Spider-man cartoon.

KCJ506
Spider-man vs The Kingpin for the Genesis and Sega CD was my first exposure to Spider-man. However I learned more about him, his supporting characters and rogues gallery because of the 90s cartoon which is when I became a fan.

JayDaDon
When they started showing the old 60's spider-man cartoon on ytv. Then the 90's spider-man hooked me in for good.

Kazenji
Before the 90's cartoon it was 'The Amazing Spider-Man game (1990)'

2UqFdSc372g

but yeah that cartoon hooked me in too.

BUSTER1
From the late early 80's, when my parents started buying me the British reprint comic, "Spiderman and Hulk"

Fallschirmjäger
I liked Spidey from the very first time when, as a kid, I set eyes on the old 60's era Spiderman cartoons from Grantray-Lawrence, Y'know, the one with the catchy opening theme song laughing

SUtziaZlDeE

riv6672

riv6672
Here it is!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_116

Not a classic story OR villain, but i was hooked.

Fallschirmjäger
Originally posted by riv6672

That's around the time I began to re-like Spiderman thru
watching the old 60's era Grantray-Lawrence cartoons again and having a better understanding of them when I was around 10. I liked them when I started watching them for the first time at 5 but wasn't quite able to get the story of each episode, I just liked all the action and stuff (typical little kid)

When I was 5 I also was a big fan of the old Batman-Superman adventures I watched before going to kindergarten. So thatmight have put a hold on full appreciation for Spidey as well laughing

riv6672
Remember the old Marvel "cap and his mighty shield" cartoons?
Always wondered why Spidey didnt get the treatment...

Fallschirmjäger
Remember the old Marvel "cap and his mighty shield" cartoons?
Always wondered why Spidey didnt get the treatment...

'When Captain America throws his Mighty Shield
All those who choose to oppose his shield will yield
As the Red and the White and the Blue come thru
When Captain America throws his mighty shield!'

Yup, sure do remember them! Not sure if that's the whole song, but that's what I remember from my youth. I also remember the Hulk cartoon and the Mighty Thor and a bunch of others. Great days!

Arachnid1
When I was a very young child playing the ps1 games and watching the 90s show.

riv6672
Seriously?

I'm so old...

Fallschirmjäger
Seriously?

I'm so old...

You and me both, friend wink

riv6672
Remember Spidey Super Stories? big grin

Fallschirmjäger

I certainly do, lol Great jar to my memory banks too, my friend! laughing

riv6672
Cant believe Morgan Freeman was on the Electric Company...laughing out loud

Hanaoka
When I was 7 years old.

Mindship
When I was a kid. Kind of struck me as a "super Batman," with cooler powers and costume. Stayed my fave for a few years...until I discovered the Surfer. But Spidey is still may favorite "city level" hero.

thievesandliars

This was my introduction to Spider-Man in 1974 on The Electric Company. My first Spidey comic maybe a year later was an issue of Marvel Team-Up which I don't remember whatever happened to.

avasmith6307
From 1st Marvel Movie That I watched.

Wonder Man
During Secret Wars 2 I really started collecting him.

shiv
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends Cartoon

Thats when I was first aware

When did I actually Like Spider-Man?

Well that was at skewl

Its study class and people are passing around a spider-man comic large panel trade paperback and it looks a Thousand Times more interesting than Whatever it is I and every one else is supposed to be studying.

Classic Spidey v GG and yeah... That was it.

What sealed it?

The repeats of STAS The 90s Animated TV Series + Reprints of Classic Stories of Spidey as a College Kid... When I was actually in College - don't care much for teh movies

Later:

Some of those little pocketbooks yknow peter with a family and spidey-daughter or totally non cannon were fun but meh... If its going to be Marvel canon... It's Mutants over Science-Heroes for me.

Lord_Kane
Good ol' cartoons, but then you One More Day and Sins Past comic, and you want to forget about this character.

Wonder Man
I started collecting web of spider-man and then all the spidy titles followed soon after.

carthage
I started with the animated series in the early 90s and have been a fan ever since.

isabella87
I started watching Spider-man in the early 00's

xXI_wing_IXx
In the 90s. Used to draw him a lot but not so much anymore.

KCJ506
I first played games such as Spider-man vs Kingpin and that Sinister Six game(which sucked). Then the 90s cartoon came along and introduced me to more of his world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.