Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Ultron is going to be the next big bad for the Avengers. Personally I am disappointed. I was eager for a greater challenge for the team. I mean it basically took Thor, Hulk and Iron Man to take out Loki and Chituri in the 1st Movie. Cap, Hawkeye and widow were most of an assist.

But the 2nd movie going to have Scarlet Witch along with her Bro. She's a magic powerhouse. I can't see a God of thunder, Powerhouse monster and Wanda having difficulty with Ultron 1 on 1. Unless he has an army.. which basically what Loki had. Whedon also stated there is no Pym, fearing that might upstage Robert Downey's Stark in the Movie.

What your take on this guys?

Femi32
The only thing I don't like is that Pym won't be the creator of Ultron. Having Tony do it is putting too much of the spotlight on him.

That's not hampering my enthusiasm for the movie, though. I think it's best to have Hank be the creator (which he is) so they can set him up for his own movie in that same year.

JakeTheBank
^^ Why don't you think Ultron would be a challenge for the team? Surely, it's not based off of the comics, because in the comics, Ultron routinely takes on entire teams of Avengers (including big guns such as Thor) and wins.

The movie is supposed to be on a more "personal" level, so yeah, odds are Tony invents Ultron (or JARVIS does), which essentially undermines the shit out of Hank Pym. If anything, I wish they did what they did in Avengers: EMH!; Stark and Pym both worked on Ultron, but Pym did most of the work.

Kazenji
How do we know Tony will be the creator?

nothing actually has been said in that regards, were all mostly assuming things.

WhiteWitchKing
Ultron is a harder threat to deal with than Loki though. Ultron can infect everything such as SHIELD Hellicarrier, Stark's armors, nuclear weapons, and most of the world's computers. Aside from Stark and Pym (if he's featured) none of the heroes can beat Ultron infecting cyberspace.

Even with Thor, an adamantium or vibranium Ultron would just scuff at those hammer strikes and absorb those lightning attacks to power himself up.

It's like EMH, Ultron gains control of the nuke controls and sets them off; Tony would be too busy trying stop the launch. The rest of the Avengers get trashed by Ultron. We'll see what Wanda can do because even movie Loki didn't display that much magical techniques.

pym-ftw
If Stark builds Ultron It will ruin the entire marvel movieverse for me...

Have Pym building it in the after credits scene for Antman.

ares834
Except, Ant Man comes out after AoU.

pym-ftw
Did they confirm a date for Avengers 2/Antman

Both have a 2015 release dates AFAIK

ares834
AoU is released in May and Ant Man is in November.

Vensai
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Did they confirm a date for Avengers 2/Antman

Both have a 2015 release dates AFAIK
Antman is in phase 3.

Kazenji
And Edger Wright has confirmed Hank Pym will be in it.

WhiteWitchKing
They could have just involved Ant-Man in Avengers 2 and lead into an Ant-Man movie. Or atleast they should mention Pym was involved in the development of Ultron. He doesn't even have to appear. Give the guy some credit.

JayDaDon
Yeah my gut says they'll have Tony create Ultron. It just screams of something Marvel would do right now.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Kazenji
And Edger Wright has confirmed Hank Pym will be in it.
Do you have a link, please

Kazenji
Do you have a link, please

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84030

Nephthys
Hank Pym will be in Ant-man? Isn't that like saying Bruce Wayne will be in Batman? Rofl.

Sad that that needed to be revealed in the first place.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hank Pym will be in Ant-man? Isn't that like saying Bruce Wayne will be in Batman? Rofl.

Well from previous rumours he won't actually be playing the main hero in the film. Kind of strange if they go that route, and the fact that they're doing Ultron without him as well makes me wonder why they're even doing an Ant-Man movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nephthys

Well there have been other people who have been Ant-Man........... erm

pym-ftw
This has literally killed my enthusiasm for marvel live action films,

This would be like a Jla movie about white martians, no manhunter

Or Xmen without Cyclops; oh wait

I hate artistic liberty! It is always worse than the source material, always

juggerman
This has literally killed my enthusiasm for marvel live action films,

This would be like a Jla movie about white martians, no manhunter

Or Xmen without Cyclops; oh wait

I hate artistic liberty! It is always worse than the source material, always

Like a Juggernaut with no Cyttorak? Or no Cain and X being related?

Or like a Batman trilogy with no Boy Wonder?

Or like Pa Kent dying from "not a heart attack"?

Or Rouge with no flight or strength?

Or a Dr Doom with no...... uh....... DOOM!

These movies care nothing for source material! sad

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by juggerman

Or like a Batman trilogy with no Boy Wonder?

Or like Pa Kent dying from "not a heart attack"?

Or Rouge with no flight or strength?

Or a Dr Doom with no...... uh....... DOOM!

These movies care nothing for source material! sad

True but we kind of expect better from Marvel studios itself. I've been pretty disappointed in the diversion from source material of Marvel's Phase II so far, starting with IM3's Mandarin and now with Ultron's changed origin.

Tbh I wouldn't even have minded Stark and Pym building Ultron together(but mainly Pym) because then it would really be like- The Avengers created this guy. But unless Banner is going to help build it(unlikely as Cybernetics is not his thing) the films has a huge risk of being all about Tony & friends.

Kazenji
I don't know what's peoples deal is with all this stuff

they can accept different universes with the comics with the different variations with the characters

but when it comes to the movies.....nope i better flip out.

pym-ftw
I don't know what's peoples deal is with all this stuff

they can accept different universes with the comics with the different variations with the characters

but when it comes to the movies.....nope i better flip out.
Look @ my screen name

Then look at all the Tony vs Ultron fights...

quanchi112
Live action movies don't need to be exactly like the comics. People need to realize that and quit crying over it already.

emporerpants
So...What happened to Thanos? Guess his reveal at the end of Avengers was pointless?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by quanchi112
Live action movies don't need to be exactly like the comics. People need to realize that and quit crying over it already.

Slight discrepancies are fine but completely diverging from the source material only annoys fans and never leads to anything good in terms of the movie quality.

There's enough comic book movies now to understand this simple formula: Sticking to Source Material = The Best Movies.

Originally posted by emporerpants
So...What happened to Thanos? Guess his reveal at the end of Avengers was pointless?

They're saving him for the big finish in Avengers 3.

emporerpants
Alright, cool. Thanks!

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Slight discrepancies are fine but completely diverging from the source material only annoys fans and never leads to anything good in terms of the movie quality.

There's enough comic book movies now to understand this simple formula: Sticking to Source Material = The Best Movies.

They're saving him for the big finish in Avengers 3. I disagree. Hardcore fans are the only ones irritated here as they are the only ones aware of the sure material. Movies are a different medium so I don't mind when they diverge. Comics are co is and movies are movies. Just relax.

WhiteWitchKing

Phase 2 is about internal affairs such as creation turned wrong. Plus I think they want Ultron out before DC decides to use Brainiac for Superman or JLA. Thanos might be in the third. Rumor has it he'll show up in Guardians of the Galaxy.

quanchi112
So...What happened to Thanos? Guess his reveal at the end of Avengers was pointless? The puppet master doesn't have to be the central villain of the second Avengers film. Mariel's plans are grander than Dc's. Pieces are in motion.

JayDaDon
What annoys me more than the changes to the canon is the giant dump they are taking on Hank Pym, a founding avenger.

srankmissingnin
Don't we already know that as per pitch for the Ant-man movie, Pym is either dead or old as f@ck? He is the 60s Ant-man, and the movie is about Scott Lang becoming his successor.

Anyway I'm all for a stream lined movie continuity that ignores / removes redundancies. Ultron's Oedipus Complex is what's important, it doesn't need to be focused at Pym, Stark would work just as well... probably better because movie audiences ready care about him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Ultron's Oedipus Complex is what's important, it doesn't need to be focused at Pym, Stark would work just as well... probably better because movie audiences ready care about him.

Hey I love IM, but I'm not in favor of everything in Avengers revolving around him. I want Thor and Cap to play bigger roles this time.

Femi32
Originally posted by juggerman

I agree.

I disagree. Not having Robin can easily be seen as not having him, yet. Besides, we already knew Nolan's Batman wouldn't adhere to the source material, because it was realistic. Also, Schumacher killed having Robin in the previous Batman trilogy.

I disagree to an extent. He died of old age in the comics and only died of the heart attack in Post-crisis when Braniac was involved. I heard WB considered cutting the tornado scene for fear of insensitivity to Oklahoma victims. After seeing Clark let Jonathan die at Jonathan's request, I wish they did cut it. I understood the point of it, but they could've handled it better by having him killed by an angry civilian (after he saw Clark save Jonathan) or just have him die from some disease.

I disagree. Those were never her initial powers. Just abilities she stole from Ms. Marvel when she joined the X-Men. Didn't she lose them by the way?

I agree. Fox got it all wrong.

For the most part, but sometimes it's a good thing: Jarvis being a computer instead of a butler, crystal Krypton, and hang-gliding Nolan Batman.

Femi32
Hey I love IM, but I'm not in favor of everything in Avengers revolving around him. I want Thor and Cap to play bigger roles this time.

thumb up

joesha28
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
^^ Why don't you think Ultron would be a challenge for the team? Surely, it's not based off of the comics, because in the comics, Ultron routinely takes on entire teams of Avengers (including big guns such as Thor) and wins.

The movie is supposed to be on a more "personal" level, so yeah, odds are Tony invents Ultron (or JARVIS does), which essentially undermines the shit out of Hank Pym. If anything, I wish they did what they did in Avengers: EMH!; Stark and Pym both worked on Ultron, but Pym did most of the work.

I know Ultron got the better of the Avengers in comics a couple of times..where he take control of the tech. But having a cyborg for a villain eeks me.. Marvel's other movie X-men: Days of future past, going to have lots of Sentinels. Again lots of robots.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by JayDaDon
What annoys me more than the changes to the canon is the giant dump they are taking on Hank Pym, a founding avenger.

Just par the course...

Marvel for some reason hates Hank Pym, look how many times Cap is refered to as a founding Avenger and original leader
-neither is true

Or Stark was the smartest avenger

Or Wasp was more than a "Robin" originally...

I just don't understand it...

joesha28
bump

BruceSkywalker
other than robert, chris evans and scarjo, does anyone know whether or not jeremy renner and chris hemsworth have signed back on

pym-ftw
renner yes

Hemmsworth i think is still under his original i believe he had a 3 movie deal after Thor 1

so avengers, Thor 2,Avengers 2

bigger question is does Downey stay on post phase two?

BruceSkywalker
renner yes

Hemmsworth i think is still under his original i believe he had a 3 movie deal after Thor 1

so avengers, Thor 2,Avengers 2

bigger question is does Downey stay on post phase two?

thanks.. I would like for Robert to stay past phase 2 but most likely but this won't be confirmed until after Avengers: Age of Ultron, imo I'm guessing is that after Avengers 3 Marvel will do Iron Man 4 but it will be a reboot

Kazenji
Whedon on how Ultron will differ from the comic version

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=85751

Supra
Who created Ultron in the comics?

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Supra
Who created Ultron in the comics?

Ant-man

DARTH POWER
Wasn't expecting them to take away his powers, since I thought the main reason they're probably using him was:

1. Make the problems in this movie an internal Avengers problem.
2. For some of the best looking action sequences ever seen on the big screen.

Obviously taking away a lot of his abilities affects the second point.

Kazenji
They're only taking away some of his abilities

still going to be a angry robot as usual.

BruceSkywalker
as long as Ultron is too my liking then that is all that matters.. embarrasment big grin

Liz Olson is Wanda or rather will be after she officially signs...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178881-bradley-cooper-up-for-rocket-raccoon-elizabeth-olsen-in-final-talks-for-scarlet-witch

Inhuman
Seems Jarvis will become Ultron

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Marauder/news/?a=86137

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman

just read that.. if true hope it is done well

Kazenji
Well those recently released animatics for Avengers 1, had Jarvis showing signs of being evil

hell even Wasp was in one of them.

Inhuman
Whedon has said he doesn't mind killing off main characters in interviews. Maybe hints of things to come.

My theory is that besides the obvious choices of characters to die in A2 (hawkeye or black widow), that it will be Stark who dies by Ultrons hands, to show the world how evel he really is (has become)

even if RDJ is signed up for more movies , he could be brought back in part 3 with whatever god artifact Thanos brings to the table, once the heroes get a hold of it to defeat Thanos.

like when half the universe was brought back with the infinity gauntlet.

DARTH POWER

Hardly a surprise.

Kazenji
Here's that animatic with Jarvis with signs of starting to go evil

X88sxYVoKms

steverules_2
Jarvis becoming Ultron...makes sense and sounds cool smile Jarvis actually sorta controls Tonys armour so he could actually do damage to him, man I hope they make him look like his comic book counterpart

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by steverules_2
man I hope they make him look like his comic book counterpart

From the pictures they've been teasing that seems pretty likely.

BruceSkywalker
well it seems Jarvis may or may not become Ultron

James Spader has been cast as Ultron..

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/james-spader-joins-marvels-avengers-sequel-as-ultron/

steverules_2
From the pictures they've been teasing that seems pretty likely.

There's pictures?!? I had no idea

Inhuman

Kazenji
So pretty much a Star Wars vibe.

Inhuman

Kazenji
Already got done before you.

Inhuman
new rumors and possible spoilers.....Jarvis actually becomes Vision

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-rumors-give-us-a-possible-vision-of-what-joss-whedon-has-in-store-158430

too many rumors right now.

steverules_2
I'd prefer him as Ultron tbh

DARTH POWER
Vision would make more sense tbh. Jarvis becoming evil after all those IM movies is just a bit too weird for my taste.

BruceSkywalker

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-rumors-give-us-a-possible-vision-of-what-joss-whedon-has-in-store-158430

interesting

Kazenji

Someone's slow.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Inhuman
Someone's slow.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I posted that the same day the article was posted.
didn't know that someone had posted that. didn't see it

SpaceMonkey
After I saw this on youtube, I checked on imdb, and this is definitely new to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Ptv_Sip3g

Kazenji
Aaron Taylor-Johnson officially signed on to play Quicksilver

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180039-its-official-aaron-taylor-johnson-assembles-for-avengers-age-of-ultron

bats2jm

Inhuman
Some concept art and stuff from the Marvel Special

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/486/n9x5.jpg

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1940/ji15.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7137/q9wc.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4918/y23i.jpg

ares834
Scarlet Witch is pretty meh; I'm not a fan. The glowing eyes are nice though.

Quicksilver looks far better than Fox's version, but still kinda bland.

But HULKBUSTER!!!

Kazenji
They seem to be basing Quicksilver on his Ultimate counterpart for his costume...sort of.

JayDaDon
I actually don't mind the Scarlet witch design. It's not bad. Could have been soooo much worse. Quicksilver is kinda meh, especially the brown hair, but still 100 times better than the DoFP one.

Inhuman
edit

Inhuman
I actually don't mind the Scarlet witch design. It's not bad. Could have been soooo much worse. Quicksilver is kinda meh, especially the brown hair, but still 100 times better than the DoFP one.

yes better than that shitty emo QS.
Also these are concept art. they will look slightly different than this in the final cut.

BruceSkywalker
i really don't care for concept art as it doesn;t really mean anything to the final product that is shown in the film

Tzeentch
Originally posted by ares834
Scarlet Witch is pretty meh; I'm not a fan. The glowing eyes are nice though.

Yeah... not really feeling the Punk rocker look she's got going on there.

roughrider
Scarlet Witch is in street clothes; that's fine. Her official look will come in time, if she's an Avenger.

Hulkbuster is the reason to be excited. And curious - Tony & Bruce will have a falling out?

Inhuman
Originally posted by roughrider
Scarlet Witch is in street clothes; that's fine. Her official look will come in time, if she's an Avenger.

Hulkbuster is the reason to be excited. And curious - Tony & Bruce will have a falling out?

I been hearing that the hulk/ironman scene will be in the beginning of the film.
Maybe Hulk gets provoked, mindraped /hexed by wanda under the command of Baron von Strucker.

who knows erm

pym-ftw
Or Ultron hacks Jarvis

BruceSkywalker
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/avengers-age-ultron-first-look-690795

Femi32
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/avengers-age-ultron-first-look-690795

I don't like Quicksilver's look. It's obvious he's wearing a wig and that suit is bad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Femi32
I don't like Quicksilver's look. It's obvious he's wearing a wig and that suit is bad.

Compared to Bryan Singer's attempt, that one is fantastic.

Femi32
Compared to Bryan Singer's attempt, that one is fantastic.

True, but it's still a bad look. It makes the CW Flash look straight from the comics when it's really the Arrow costume adapted for Flash. Despite this, I'm willing to give Joss Whedon and crew the full benefit of the doubt. Still, they couldn't dye his hair silver/gray?

Kazenji
That CW Flash costume looks good tho for what they've gone with, At least it has lighting bolts on the costume.

JayDaDon
You gotta be phucking kidding me with that hair

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Femi32

hopefully once cgi is added then it will look better

roughrider
That CW Flash costume looks good tho for what they've gone with, At least it has lighting bolts on the costume.

Well, Quicksilver isn't wearing a costume in those stills, just athletic gear that subtly mirrors his costume colours. We'll see what he looks like once he officially suits up on behalf of the Avengers.

People need to get off the hair. Yes, we all just accept it on a comic page when a young man has silverly-white hair; photographed reality is something else. Pietro and Wanda are a couple of East European emo kids with different fashion sense. Let's just leave it at that.

ShadowFyre
Well, Quicksilver isn't wearing a costume in those stills, just athletic gear that subtly mirrors his costume colours. We'll see what he looks like once he officially suits up on behalf of the Avengers.

People need to get off the hair. Yes, we all just accept it on a comic page when a young man has silverly-white hair; photographed reality is something else. Pietro and Wanda are a couple of East European emo kids with different fashion sense. Let's just leave it at that.

Let's just be realistic for a second. None of you are ever going to be happy.Look at it from the directors point of view. He has to appeal to the masses as well as all of the actual comic book fans.

I personally don't even think SW and QS should even be in this movie. But I also think a 2 hour movie with just Hulk and Thor beating the shit out of each other would be awesome.

Whose to say whose right? Me. And me.

vansonbee
Looks great to me so far! I wonder how huge of a differences with cgi added later on?

These current clothing are temporaries anyways, they'll probably get their Avengers version at the end or next movie.

You guys saw the Ultron robot? It looks weird, I hope this is one of his forms that is currently upgrading himself throughout the movie till his TRUE form!

JayDaDon

The hair lust looks phucking ridiculous in those stills. It may not end up like that but from the stills, it just looks sloppy. Like they couldn't be arsed to do anything but throw a wig on him. Again, that's just how it looks on the surface.

Golgo13
Not a fan of Scarlet's or Quicksilver's look. But it could look better on film, of course.

ares834
Me neither.

Quicksilver looks goofy especially with that hair (although still leagues better than DoFP).

Scarlet Witch looks like an angsty teen going to a rave.

roughrider
Recent photos shows Chris Evans has a sharp new look as Cap (to my eyes, a definite improvement on the modern red, white & blue version in Avengers.)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51947&utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_162123

pym-ftw
It looks like a subdued Marvel Now! Costume, I like it.

JayDaDon
That's his best look yet IMO.

CPT Space Bomb
Recent photos shows Chris Evans has a sharp new look as Cap (to my eyes, a definite improvement on the modern red, white & blue version in Avengers.)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51947&utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_162123 Nice Find!

I still think I like the "Shield" suit the best (from Winter Soldier obviously).

I just loved the way it looked, and it wasn't outlandish. However, for the Red, White and Blue outfits, that Avengers 2 is the best so far. smile

BruceSkywalker

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51947&utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_162123

love Cap's new costume

roughrider
Yeah, the agent of SHIELD look was maybe the best of all worlds. But obviously things have changed going forward, if you've seen The Winter Soldier.

The key is for him to sport a helmet with a chin strap. That half helmet with neck material attached in Avengers was part of what made it look more like cosplay, rather than a uniform.

-Pr-
Finally Cap has ears. Colour me happy.

JayDaDon
If they implement the same magnetic back on the new suit that was on the SHIELD suit....droolio him putting the shield on his back with that magnetic clink is so much more practical than him putting his arms through those straps and having to take them off again in a sticky situation. Pretty awesome idea.

Kazenji
Looks like his Marvel Now costume with the Avengers logo on the shoulders.

WhiteWitchKing
Shield Costume
http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/c/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-10-questions-raised-147212-a-1382632873.jpg

Original Costume
http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Captain-America-costume.jpg

Avengers Costume
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrz5gzocbr1qcga5ro1_500.jpg

The Shield one is the best imo and then the original. The Avengers look too cheesy. It actually makes Cap look skinny.

Tzeentch
Agreed. I prefer the muted turquoise on the SHIELD variant, it feels more modern and "tactical". The material also looks like it's made out of some kind of synthetic rubber or something, rather than just cloth pads.

ares834
Personally, I love his costume in TFA. It's just a great design IMO. Although, his suit in TWS is great as well.

WhiteWitchKing
TFA costume looks like something for war. The Shield is looks like what a spy/secret agent would where. The Avengers one looks like he's ready to attend Comic Con.

roughrider
Joss Whedon talks Ultron.

http://collider.com/avengers-2-villain/

pym-ftw
Looks like his Marvel Now costume with the Avengers logo on the shoulders. they thankfully added the more subdued brown instead of bright red to the gloves & boots. Originally posted by roughrider
Joss Whedon talks Ultron.

http://collider.com/avengers-2-villain/ idk how to feel about a "funny" Ultron, but I kinda assume it will very dry, and mostly there for the others (Barton) to play off of.

Kazenji
they thankfully added the more subdued brown instead of bright red to the gloves & boots. idk how to feel about a "funny" Ultron, but I kinda assume it will very dry, and mostly there for the others (Barton) to play off of.

Or even funny awkward ?

maybe something like this

ZN19oHTv_Vg

BruceSkywalker
they thankfully added the more subdued brown instead of bright red to the gloves & boots. idk how to feel about a "funny" Ultron, but I kinda assume it will very dry, and mostly there for the others (Barton) to play off of.

with james spader voicing Ultron as well as motion capture work, I have a feeling he could steal the film

Golgo13
An Ultron that cracks jokes? I like it. smile

CPT Space Bomb
I just hope the humor is toned down a bit. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 probably went too much in the humor department for my taste. Avengers had the right amount of humor so hopefully the sequel won't stray too far.

JayDaDon
God just please don't let them overdo it with the humor.

Firefly218
Whedon says he wants to make Avengers 2 much better than he did Avengers 1. I like his confidence so far

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
Whedon says he wants to make Avengers 2 much better than he did Avengers 1. I like his confidence so far

i think he will have a much better improved upon story

pym-ftw
I just hope the Jarvis is Ultron story isn't true

CPT Space Bomb
I just hope the Jarvis is Ultron story isn't true Didn't Paul Bettany (the voice of Jarvis) say that Jarvis is going to become Vision? Pretty sure I read that somewhere....

But no, Ultron is voiced by James Spader...so that kinda nixes the whole Jarvis thing....though Jarvis may have a part to play in Ultron's creation.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 probably went too much in the humor department for my taste. Avengers had the right amount of humor

thumb up

And CAP2 actually worked well with less humor than all the other Avenger movies Imo.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Didn't Paul Bettany (the voice of Jarvis) say that Jarvis is going to become Vision? Pretty sure I read that somewhere....

But no, Ultron is voiced by James Spader...so that kinda nixes the whole Jarvis thing....though Jarvis may have a part to play in Ultron's creation.

It was confimred a few months back that Paul Bettany is playing Vision

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i think he will have a much better improved upon story

Yeah i remember him saying he's going in a different direction unlike most other blockbusters "Bigger & better"

Firefly218
Whedon says he's going smaller and deeper rather than bigger. Besides, it's pretty hard to top alien invasion anyways

pym-ftw
I still feel they should have used Dr. Strange & Spectrum instead of the twins.

roughrider
I still feel they should have used Dr. Strange & Spectrum instead of the twins.

Pietro & Wanda have a long history that goes back to early Avengers days, and Whedon always wants to get in more female heroes. Dr. Strange never became a part of the Avengers until the last 10 years. And he deserves his own movie to explore his unique role in the Marvel universe. What he does, none of the Avengers except Thor could really participate in; the rest would be forced to stand and watch.

pym-ftw
Spectrum is female & black

The twins backstory legally can't even be brought up.

JayDaDon
I really hope we see falcon brought into the group soon. He's been introduced already and I'm kind of surprised he isn't in Avengers 2(as far as we know). He's a classic avenger and they kind of don't have any black members on the roster until we see Black Panther.

pym-ftw
Me too he was very cool & relatable in Cap 2

BruceSkywalker
I really hope we see falcon brought into the group soon. He's been introduced already and I'm kind of surprised he isn't in Avengers 2(as far as we know). He's a classic avenger and they kind of don't have any black members on the roster until we see Black Panther.

I won't be at all surprised if Falcon isn't in Age of Ultron

JayDaDon
Well there's been no indication he is which I don't like.

BruceSkywalker
Well there's been no indication he is which I don't like.

I know, I am surprised that more photos from the sets haven't been released yet but then again maybe sometime soon Marvel will release some photos

pym-ftw
I think they are scared and pulling an amazing Spider-man 2; spoiling the movie before even releasing.

JayDaDon
I started getting pissed off with that. They were slowly bit by bit hurting themselves more and more with every new trailer, featurette, set shot etc.

BruceSkywalker
I think they are scared and pulling an amazing Spider-man 2; spoiling the movie before even releasing.

its possible

JayDaDon
Then again the movie doesn't come out til next year

Firefly218
Andy Serkis is working with Mark Ruffalo on Avengers 2

http://screencrush.com/andy-serkis-avengers-2/

pym-ftw
I started getting pissed off with that. They were slowly bit by bit hurting themselves more and more with every new trailer, featurette, set shot etc. I mean why did Amazing Spiderman 2 ruin the Harry is evil twist?

JayDaDon
It was revealed that they actually spent more money on advertising than it cost to make the movie. I mean c'mon, its Spider-man. People are going to go out and see it. Its not like its Guardians of the Galaxy, where theyre going to have to do some major advertising.

pym-ftw
Agreed you could literally have just bought a billboard in times square and a few tv spots its not like you are selling a new character or an unproven one.

God Cloth Seiya
TBH, I'd rather have thanos than ultron.

pym-ftw
I'd rather they stop stealing Pym's deal to make Tony relatable, but we don't always get what we want.

roughrider
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
TBH, I'd rather have thanos than ultron.

I thought that's who we'd be seeing as well, after the stinger at the end of Avengers. But I guess they decided to hold Thanos back like the Emperor in Star Wars got held back, until ROTJ. Thanos will be making an appearance as the puppet-master of Ronan & Nebula in GOTG, and likely will be the biggest bad of all in Avengers 3, in 2018.

Golgo13
I want female Ultron. sad

Kazenji
Isn't that Jocasta?

pym-ftw
He means Naked Jan from Mighty Avengers.

steverules_2
Here's Ultron ya'll

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k7EGl6ZP-TE/UzPqc7Y2Y1I/AAAAAAAAAE4/yhJMzF3249o/s1600/Avengers+2+Age+of+Ultron+Movie+Set+%282%29.jpg

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/generated/Avengers_Age_Of_Ultron/Ultron_Avengers__scaled_600.jpg

pym-ftw
They are gonna green screen all the black, I hope all that work on Bucky's arm prepared them for this.

SpaceMonkey
It's more than likely a stand-in for post production purposes. LOL! I would be funny if they come at us with cheap 1960's B-movie villain!!

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Here's Ultron ya'll

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k7EGl6ZP-TE/UzPqc7Y2Y1I/AAAAAAAAAE4/yhJMzF3249o/s1600/Avengers+2+Age+of+Ultron+Movie+Set+%282%29.jpg

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/generated/Avengers_Age_Of_Ultron/Ultron_Avengers__scaled_600.jpg

Someones behind the times.

steverules_2
Go f*ck yourself kaz smokin'

Kazenji
No need to get angsty about it when its been around on the net since March.

steverules_2
No need to mention someone's behind EVERY time they post about something that's old, you should just shut up and get on with life

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>