Did anyone see Batman (1989) in the cinema ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I was only 7 years old when Batman (1989) came out . is there anyone old enough to see this on the big screen ?? how was it ? must have been a great experience .

Esau Cairn
I was 20 yrs old when I saw it on the big screen for the 1st time.
A couple friends & I caught the midnight session then hanged out in the city for 4 hours after waiting for the buses to run.
It was a fantastic night blown away by Burton's imagination then walking the city afterwards imagining how real it could've been.

BruceSkywalker
HUH??? There was a Batman film prior to Nolan?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I saw Batman '89 5 times in theaters

-Pr-
I saw it in the cinema. I was around six years old when it came out, and I remember the queue being as long as the street when my dad brought me to see it. They had large cardboard standees of Batman all over the lobby, and then before the movie started they shone a bat-signal on to the curtains in front of the screen.

Awesome, awesome memory.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
HUH??? There was a Batman film prior to Nolan?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes, there's a difference between "A Batman" movie & "The Batman" movie. wink

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yes, there's a difference between "A Batman" movie & "The Batman" movie. wink

well since Nolanverse is the only Batman that counts ... stick out tongue stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing laughing

roughrider
I was 20 yrs old when I saw it on the big screen for the 1st time.
A couple friends & I caught the midnight session then hanged out in the city for 4 hours after waiting for the buses to run.
It was a fantastic night blown away by Burton's imagination then walking the city afterwards imagining how real it could've been.

I was also a 20 year old in 1989, and I went to the first Batman 10 times that year. Though Nolan's trilogy would prove to be the definite version of the character, I was just so glad it was a film that took Batman seriously, and the campy 1960's TV series was buried at last in the public's mind.

Femi32
Originally posted by roughrider
I was also a 20 year old in 1989, and I went to the first Batman 10 times that year. Though Nolan's trilogy would prove to be the definite version of the character, I was just so glad it was a film that took Batman seriously, and the campy 1960's TV series was buried at last in the public's mind.

I was 3 when that movie came out, so I don't remember if I saw it in the theater or not. I do remember it was this movie and Batman: the Animated Series that made me fall in love with Batman.

Esau Cairn
well since Nolanverse is the only Batman that counts ... stick out tongue stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing laughing

Don't make me choose sides between Schumacher & Nolan.

You won't like how messy it will get. confused Happy Dance confused

sindahouse
Yeh I was 12 when I saw it. I remember being a little disappointed but I still had faith in the new direction of batman on film. I still think Burton was the only one to capture to spooky side of Batman and that's what I really liked about the movie. I like Burton's look but Nolans stories. Batman TAS in the 90's really used Burton's look and in my opinion, was the first real success to bring Batman to television.

But to answer you're question, yeh I watched it on the big screen smile

FistOfThe North
I almost did but my mom didn't let me. man I still regret her decision that day. they watched Goodfellas when it came out in theraters that same day too. Missed out on that one too.

BruceSkywalker
Don't make me choose sides between Schumacher & Nolan.

You won't like how messy it will get. confused Happy Dance confused

don't get me started on schumacher.. big grin

Mr Parker
yeah waited till it came to the dollar theaters.i figured well i guess i can spend one dollar to watch the worst casting choice in comicbook history michale keaton as batman play the part so I did.thanks to batman begins,i was finally able to wake up from that nightmare that idiot Burton created and started.

C-3POTheClever

I saw Batman '89 5 times in theaters
How are Nolan's films particularly better? The 1989 film seems like a much better Batman film to me. The Dark Knight is a good fim that just so happens to be a Baman film. There's nothng wrong with that, but the 1989 film sems much more of 'A Batman film".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.