Chewbacca in Episode III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Just a tiny, trivial, unimportant thing...

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2003/04/news20030423.html

Catch 22
Yeah, saw it this morning. Great news, hope it's done right though.

Evil Windu
Actually, I wouldnt be surprised if we see a young Han along with Chewie.

Think about it... in ESB, Boba Fett is after Han for the Jabba the Hutt Bounty.

Boba will be a little older than Han in Ep3... its possible we see an early history between Chewie, and young Han and a young Bobba.

Maybe Boba captures Chewie for a Bounty or something... who knows? And a young Han dukes it out with Boba and inadvertantly rescues Chewie... At first Han cant get the big Wookie to stop following him, but then he takes a liking to him and partners up with him.

I just think the coincidence between Boba (who we know will be in Ep3), and Chewie in the same movie is too great NOT to feature the early history of Boba and Han. I mean, Boba took that bounty on Han in ESB for a reason... possibly pissed at Han for the events of Ep3.

Catch 22
Yes, I can see it now. A teenage Boba seeking the bounty on a Teen han for stealing Jabba's newspaper............

Gripping stuff indeed.

Ushgarak
I see no reason to think Han will be in. Chewie will most likely be no more than a cameo.

GordonSkywalker
This is exciting news! Thanks for bringing it to our attention Ush! I think it is so cool to bring Chewbacca back even if only for a few scenes!

cookies2006
boba is way better than jango

cookies2006
but i should of thought of cloning myself too. then i would have met luke and destroyed him

Member.
gives one something to think about, actually no. i don't think chewy should be in ep3, this is just me but it makes the movie too "humorous", but that's just me.

cookies2006
i think i might agree with member.

Member.
ep3 relates to new hope in ways we might be surprised to know, i can't waitbig grin

cookies2006
?How do i start my own thread?

Corran
you need to click on new topic below here instead of post reply

mechmoggy
I have no problem with Chewie being in EpIII, as long as he doesn't swing through on a vine in the background and do the "tarzan" call anyway.

The only thing that worries me is that Yoda looked poo in EpI and they learned from that mistake and got it right in EpII, with Chewie appearing in EpIII, they've gotta get it right-first-time.

The chances of Han appearing are slim to none, I do hope to see some of Bail Organa though.

Julie
cool

Ushgarak
Why shouldn't Chewie look fine? He looked fine in the original. They only needed to change Yoda because the puppet couldn't do more than walk slowly. Chewie could do everything.

mechmoggy
I'm not arguing about how the original looked, he was class and I'll always love the character.

But the fact remains that Lucas will have to do something to give the impression that Chewie is younger than in the OT, I doubt they'll dust off the old costume for EpIII.

Actually thats made me think, I wonder how the brainstorming session will go as they try to think of ways to make Chewie appear younger.....

"I've got it George.....we'll have Chewie skate-board through the city, performing grinds and getting some gnarly air"

"Naaaaah, maybe we could save a few bucks on the CGI and just put dreads in Peters old costume"

Catch 22
NOt really, he's only 20 years younger and for a 200 year old wookiee that's nothing.

mechmoggy
I bet there's something different.

Maybe a beard....no that wouldn't work, maybe some highlights or something.

Corran
Shorter hair

mechmoggy
He always had a slightly darker moustache in the OT, maybe he'll have a teenage bum-fluff one instead? laughing out loud

Catch 22
Maybe

cookies2006
Maybe he'll be a little chewbacca or somthin.

GordonSkywalker
Hmmm...hard to say. I wonder how this will be achieved....

cookies2006
How do we even know chewbacca will be in ep3 or do we.

Corran
Click on the link inthe 1st post of this thread, it suggests there he will.

Ushgarak
Actually blatantly SAYS rather than suggests.

GordonSkywalker
Yes I read it and it is official that he will be in the film.

cookies2006
Good. Very good.

GordonSkywalker
Indeed. I like Chewie. smile

Member.
go chewy!!!

GordonSkywalker
Chewie rocks.

Corran
I thought he just Growled.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
He does both Corran! Man you didn't know that? wink

cookies2006
Both what?

Julie
I dunno big grin

GordonSkywalker
Chewbacca can growl and rock! I seen him play electric guitar once!

cookies2006
Really?no?

GordonSkywalker
I am kidding of course!

Member.
laughing out loud

Julie
I just saw the official notice...uh well I guess that was yesterday seeing that it's the wee hours of the morning....

GordonSkywalker
Time flies...doesn't seem a minute....Chewie and the Rockin' Rebels coming soon to a rock arena near YOU!

Julie
huh

sentinelrv
I saw him play a guitar or something in the phantom menace computer game.

GordonSkywalker
There you go! See Julie he knows what I'm talking about! big grin

Tex
Chewbacca is back? Oh God! Lucas is going to butcher and tarnish a classic character.

GordonSkywalker
Not necessarily my friend. I think this is the greatest news since Natalie Portman's revealing outfits!

cookies2006
yeah. By the wat nice pics tex.

justinday15
I like Chewy, but his growls can get annoying sometimes.

GordonSkywalker
Only Han Solo could understand him in the OT. Who will translate for him now?

cookies2006
C3PO?

GordonSkywalker
If they actually meet onscreen then yes he would be the perfect choice! Good thinking! I hadn't thought of that.

cookies2006
Thanks. Maybe i do have good memory.

Julie
I'm not sure that Chewy will have that big of a part.....it may be just a teaser kinda thing....

Member.
i think chewy acts too innocent. almost gets annoying sometimes.

GordonSkywalker
Chewie is our friend.

duffy
If c3po and r2 met chewie would they not remember him in the ot

GordonSkywalker
Only if their memories ain't been wiped which is a common occurence for droids.

duffy
yeah but did r2 not no where obi1 was? but ur probably rite cause c3po didnt no wot the hell r2 was talkin about?i avent watched it for a while so im a bit fuzzy

Ushgarak
Leia could have told R2 where to look, having been told by her adopted father.

duffy
yeah thats probably rite. i cant remember but does it show u who approachs who in the cantina chewy or obi1?

cookies2006
if it does i have not seen it yet.

GordonSkywalker
I do not know the answer to that gentlemen. There are limits even to my knowledge.

Member.
hm...interesting question...

Julie
what question?

yerssot
OB1 goes to BoShek, and he points to Chuwie

cookies2006
positive? GOOD!

GordonSkywalker
Excellent research, yerssot!

yerssot
someone else asked me this a week ago actually

Julie
well did you know the answer then...or did you look it up then and so now you know it?

yerssot
I admit, I'm a star wars geek, I knew this without looking it up sad

umraan
chewbacca saves yoda

LanİeWindu™
umraan, once I get done closing all of these threads you just HAD to revive, we will have a nice long talk about why you are in trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.