Doctor Manhattan vs Team Hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Team consists of:
Green Lantern,
Thor,
Routh Superman,
Mary (Hancock),
Silver Surfer,
Phoenix Jean Grey,
Mewtwo
Tetsuo Shima (pre-mutation)

Deathmatch starting in Chicago
Who takes this?

NemeBro
Silver Surfer easily defeats Doctor Manhattan.

Mewtwo could also quite handily solo, as could Jean Grey.

wakkawakkawakka
how would Jean Grey beat him?

Impediment
Doctor Manhattan, for all intensive purposes, is immortal. He can just reconstruct himself. Granted, he still has his human psyche, which was manipulated by Veidt, but he can control matter at a subatomic level. How is anyone going to hurt him?

BTW, movie Silver Surfer was a f*cking chump compared to the comics counterpart.

NemeBro
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
how would Jean Grey beat him? By raping his mind with her telepathic penis.

Impediment
What happens when Doc makes multiple copies of himself, points, and explodes people like a frog with an M-80 in it's ass?

NemeBro
He had to make physical gestures with to explode people, which were slower than Mewtwo's and Jean's speed of thought to a considerable extent. One Manhattan or a hundred, it means nothing to telepaths on their level.

This is ignoring that Mewtwo in particular possesses vastly greater raw power than Manhattan can boast. The Silver Surfer as well, to an even greater extent. The Silver Surfer can easily take away his powers via rewriting his genetic code, like he did with the FF.

Impediment
How will SS rewrite his code? Doc, for all we know, doesn't even have a genetic code.

Lestov16
Originally posted by NemeBro
By raping his mind with her telepathic penis.

Wouldn't she get reverse mind-raped when she attempts to read his mind and gets taken to another spatial dimension?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Impediment
Granted, he still has his human psyche, which was manipulated by Veidt

Only happened because Veidt built a tachyon generator, which no member of the team can reproduce IDK

Robtard
Manhattan teleports them all directly into the Sun's core, but doesn't care while doing it.

COG Veteran
Dr. Manhattan wins via spite. Most people on the team here are wimps.

Zack Fair
Dr. manahattan hits their faces with his giant blue cock and starts a mostly male superhero orgy

Mindship
Surfer gets upset cuz he loses the Who's More Naked contest.

Utrigita
Leaning towards team.

BruceSkywalker
this is spite.. Doc Manhattan barely blinks these puny people out of existence..

Zack Fair
I dunno. Manhattan was beastly, but he never encountered anyone in the caliber of these guys.

People like Superman, Surfer and Jean would very well look like gods to normal men.

NemeBro
You people are truly retarded.

Doctor Manhattan has exactly no telepathic defenses, and the team has at least two powerful telepaths (I have no clue how strong a psychic Tetsuo is). Either Mewtwo or Jean solo through weakness exploitation, and Mewtwo's shield will keep Doc out pretty handily, considering it kept out the near-equal to M2 Mew. And Mewtwo is several thousand times more powerful than Doc Manhattan in power level. But then so is Superman.

Silver Surfer just murders Manhattan. Destroys a planet eating cosmic entity >

ares834
Doc Manhattan blows them all up.

Lestov16
Does he even need a telepathic defense? Can they read the mind of a being who doesn't even think in their spatial dimension?

wakkawakkawakka

Doctor Manhattan has exactly no telepathic defenses, and the team has at least two powerful telepaths (I have no clue how strong a psychic Tetsuo is). Either Mewtwo or Jean solo through weakness exploitation, and Mewtwo's shield will keep Doc out pretty handily, considering it kept out the near-equal to M2 Mew. And Mewtwo is several thousand times more powerful than Doc Manhattan in power level. But then so is Superman.

So...what are Jean's best telepathy feats cause I seriously can't remember her doing anything other than disintegrating people.

Team still wins though.

The Silent Hero
Manhattan, for the following reasons.

-He'll see their attacks coming in the future
-He can come back from any attack
-I'd say his "brain" and consciousness are on a higher level...even when there's nothing left he can will himself back together. No brain for Jean to mess with.

Robtard

Nah, you're being a dumbass. Manhattan teleports them all into the Sun's core, or into the core of a sun in another galaxy or into the nearest black hole or assplodes them and then teleports their remains, it makes no difference to him, he don't care.

As far as telepathically attacking Manhattan, his mind isn't corporeal, he's essentially a consciousness without form, who can will himself into a form. Hope this helps you be less of a dumbass.

Zack Fair
Chances are the sun will feed Superman.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Robtard
Nah, you're being a dumbass. Manhattan teleports them all into the Sun's core, or into the core of a sun in another galaxy or into the nearest black hole or assplodes them and then teleports their remains, it makes no difference to him, he don't care.

As far as telepathically attacking Manhattan, his mind isn't corporeal, he's essentially a consciousness without form, who can will himself into a form. Hope this helps you be less of a dumbass.

But didn't Ozy-madness prove that Manhattan was still human deep down which is why the whole "self exile" thing worked in the first place?

Also couldn't Silver Surfer absorb him too.

Robtard
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Chances are the sun will feed Superman.

Manhattan would see this before it happened, so he'd opt for the black hole or other galaxy option. Personally, with his Loony Tunes matter manipulation powers, he could liquefy Superman or turn him into Nerf.

Superman along with the other bricks are not something Manhattan doesn't to worry about, since he can become intangible.

NemeBro
So...what are Jean's best telepathy feats cause I seriously can't remember her doing anything other than disintegrating people.

Team still wins though. Overpowering Charles Xavier.

Robtard
But didn't Ozy-madness prove that Manhattan was still human deep down which is why the whole "self exile" thing worked in the first place?

Also couldn't Silver Surfer absorb him too.

He still cares somewhat, since he went back after his epiphany on Mars with Silk. But his feelings won't matter here, this is a death match.

Manhattan can become intangible himself.

NemeBro

"His mind isn't corporeal" and "it doesn't exist in this spatial dimension", lol, what a crock of shit. Telepathic resistance feats or get the **** out.

Also, teleporting Silver Surfer into the sun will do, well, it will do basically nothing actually. Even Doctor Doom could resist that kind of heat.

Also, show me Doctor Manhattan's awareness being such that he knows the location of every star and black hole in the universe, ****ing dumbass.

Silver Surfer is several thousand times more powerful than Doctor Manhattan, and has shown to have matter manipulation above and beyond Doc's (Swapping the genetic abnormalities of FF members, compared to Doctor Manhattan, who hasn't even found a way to cure cancer).

NemeBro
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
Manhattan, for the following reasons.

-He'll see their attacks coming in the future
-He can come back from any attack
-I'd say his "brain" and consciousness are on a higher level...even when there's nothing left he can will himself back together. No brain for Jean to mess with.

He can't use his precognition in combat. He doesn't "act" at all, he knows exactly what action he will take.

"In half a second I will be mentally sodomized by a red head and a giant cat".

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lestov16
Does he even need a telepathic defense? Yes.

Stop attributing abilities to him that were never shown.

Doctor Manhattan is the definition of a big fish in a little pond. He looks virtually all-powerful only because the setting he resides in is so weak.

TheGodKiller
Surfer solos.
Destroys a planet eating cosmic entity >
Which dwarfed the planet.

ares834
Surfer is blown to pieces.

Robtard
"His mind isn't corporeal" and "it doesn't exist in this spatial dimension", lol, what a crock of shit. Telepathic resistance feats or get the **** out.

Also, teleporting Silver Surfer into the sun will do, well, it will do basically nothing actually. Even Doctor Doom could resist that kind of heat.

Also, show me Doctor Manhattan's awareness being such that he knows the location of every star and black hole in the universe, ****ing dumbass.

Silver Surfer is several thousand times more powerful than Doctor Manhattan, and has shown to have matter manipulation above and beyond Doc's (Swapping the genetic abnormalities of FF members, compared to Doctor Manhattan, who hasn't even found a way to cure cancer).

Did you miss the parts where he surives without a body? It happened twice in the film and the second time he found it laughable. Show me any of the telepaths attacking a formless mind like Manhattan's.

Johnny's nova barely melted the asphalt, so despite all the talk, it really wasn't like having the the Sun in New York, let alone the core. But really, Manhattan just liquefies Silver Surfer with his silly manipulation powers.

At the end of the film, he left for another galaxy. Stands to reason he knows of at least one. But if you're going to cry about it, teleporting them anywhere into another galaxy is a win.

Ha no, Manhattan can ignore the laws of physics, changing one matter into another, ie "You could've turned the gun into steam, the bullets into mercury, the bottle into goddamned snowflakes". His powers are way more ridiculous. Surfer can restore life, Manhattan can create life. Manhattan > Silver Surfer.

Zack Fair
Manhattan would see this before it happened, so he'd opt for the black hole or other galaxy option. Personally, with his Loony Tunes matter manipulation powers, he could liquefy Superman or turn him into Nerf.

Superman along with the other bricks are not something Manhattan doesn't to worry about, since he can become intangible. Manhattan is very impressive, and I could see that scenario happening...but really Manhattan was the only super powered being. I hesitate to just believe he could explode these people like he did humans.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Surfer is blown to pieces. Proof that a power which worked on slightly above peak humans would work on a planet busting cosmic warrior?

Robtard
Manhattan is very impressive, and I could see that scenario happening...but really Manhattan was the only super powered being. I hesitate to just believe he could explode these people like he did humans.

I don't see why not, considering he can attack them on a loony tune molecular level. But if you don't like "explode", he turns them into water or Nerf.

Or he creates hundreds of himself to attack them hundreds of times all at the same time.

ares834
Proof that a power which worked on slightly above peak humans would work on a planet busting cosmic warrior?

Why would it make a difference? He is blowing them up at the atomic level. Not sure why invulnerability would make a difference.

NemeBro
Did you miss the parts where he surives without a body? It happened twice in the film and the second time he found it laughable. Show me any of the telepaths attacking a formless mind like Manhattan's.

Prove that him being capable of regenerating from the destruction of his body gives him resistance to telepathy.

Also, telepathic powers in Pokemon can work against ghost type Pokemon. Who are incorporeal. Try harder.

He has had no time to study the anatomy of the non-human Silver Surfer, who is made of tougher and cooler shit than any human.

It worked on humans. That doesn't mean that it is working on Silver Surfer. Hell, it probably won't work on Superman right away.

Also, the power to destroy a planet is greater than the heat of the sun.

Not for the massively FTL space-faring Silver Surfer.

So a drunk Eddie Blake's words are the gospel now, huh?

He can't cure cancer. He could do nothing to prevent his former girl from succumbing to it. This is on-screen fact.

Manhattan might be capable of creating life, but do you have the time frame for that? How long would it take? How would he do it?

We don't see it happen, stop making assumptions.

Mewtwo and Silver Surfer positively ream Manhattan, and Jean probably takes him as well.

NemeBro
Why would it make a difference? He is blowing them up at the atomic level. Not sure why invulnerability would make a difference. He blew them up at the atomic level?

Why is there gore left over after he does it then?

Manhattan has never studied Silver Surfer's physiology, nor used his powers against something a billionth as durable as he is. Yet you assume he one-shots something that destroyed a planet buster?

Impediment
Buncha slack jawed Pokemon f@ggots in here.

Doctor Manhattan is a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaur.

Just like me.

ares834
Mewtwo and Silver Surfer positively ream Manhattan, and Jean probably takes him as well.

How do they beat him?

Destroy his body, he just reforms.

Mind-rape is potentially their only bet, but considering Manhattan's mind is unlike anything they ever attempted to mind-rape (non-linear mind and all that) I'm doubtful.

NemeBro
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Surfer solos.

Which dwarfed the planet. thumb up

NemeBro
How do they beat him?

Destroy his body, he just reforms.

Mind-rape is potentially their only bet, but considering Manhattan's mind is unlike anything they ever attempted to mind-rape (non-linear mind and all that) I'm doubtful. He destroyed a planet-eating energy being by ramming it. He'll do all right.

ares834
He blew them up at the atomic level?

Why is there gore left over after he does it then?

Manhattan has never studied Silver Surfer's physiology, nor used his powers against something a billionth as durable as he is. Yet you assume he one-shots something that destroyed a planet buster?

Yep. Not sure why destroying a planet buster would somehow make Surfer invulnerable to being blown up by Manhattan.

ares834
He destroyed a planet-eating energy being by ramming it. He'll do all right.

And then Manhattan reforms...

Zack Fair
After a while, no?

Would that not be considered a win in KMC?

jaden101
Transporting superman into the core of the sun isn't going to do Manhattan any favours. That being said he transports any of them who need oxygen into space and he disassembles the rest and rearranges them into hilariously distorted Frankenstein superheroes for his own personal amusement.

the ninjak
Doc Manhattan wins. He has clones existing on opposite sides of the planet and solar system on the fly.

He can't be killed by T2.

There are always more to take the Docs place.
And in regards to the Jean Grey argument. As Phoenix she should have been able to replicate Xavier's mind freeze ability. But she couldn't during the final battle.
Movie Phoenix was nothing more than a powerful telekinetic and pyrokinetic with strong telepathic resistance.
She won't stop many teleporting Manhattan clones turning her particles into dust.

Impediment
I call this a stalemate.

Doc can't be killed.

Robtard
Prove that him being capable of regenerating from the destruction of his body gives him resistance to telepathy.

Also, telepathic powers in Pokemon can work against ghost type Pokemon. Who are incorporeal. Try harder.

He has had no time to study the anatomy of the non-human Silver Surfer, who is made of tougher and cooler shit than any human.

It worked on humans. That doesn't mean that it is working on Silver Surfer. Hell, it probably won't work on Superman right away.

Also, the power to destroy a planet is greater than the heat of the sun.

Not for the massively FTL space-faring Silver Surfer.

So a drunk Eddie Blake's words are the gospel now, huh?

He can't cure cancer. He could do nothing to prevent his former girl from succumbing to it. This is on-screen fact.

Manhattan might be capable of creating life, but do you have the time frame for that? How long would it take? How would he do it?

We don't see it happen, stop making assumptions.

That's not it. We know he's a consciousness without form, who can will himself into form. So it's for you to prove that given telepaths can attack a mind like this.

Manhattan isn't a ghost smile

Surfer was taken out by a tachyon pulse. So it's not like Surfer is some unbeatable entity. He gets liquefied, i prefer Manhattan turns him into mercury, for the theme.

Surfer didn't destroy a planet. He killed a giant being who feeds off planets via suicide.

So when Surfer gets back (though he lost already via BFR), Manhattan liquefies him.

There's no reason to believe Manhattan couldn't do what Blake claimed. Manhattan also claimed similar to Veidt: "But even if I can't predict where you are I can still turn the walls to glass". Try harder smile

Did you miss the part where he said he had no idea his Ex had cancer?

The point is, he can create life. That's greater than Surfer's restoring life.

No assumptions being made. It's all supported up with verbal backings from the film.

Nope. They get matter manipulated, teleported the **** out or both.

NemeBro
She forced herself into Xavier's head and controlled his mind at the end of the second movie, without awakening her full shitty power.

Also, Doctor Manhattan can create many clones, but there is one mind, and even if there was not, Mewtwo has the telepathic ranged to **** him anywhere on the planet.

the ninjak
I call this a stalemate.

Doc can't be killed.

Who can't one of the many Doc clones not kill?

NemeBro
Yep. Not sure why destroying a planet buster would somehow make Surfer invulnerable to being blown up by Manhattan.

Because the power to destroy a planet could not destroy him.

Try to keep up.

Robtard
I call this a stalemate.

Doc can't be killed.

How is it a stalemate when everyone else on the other team can be killed or taken out, some very easily. *******.

NemeBro
And then Manhattan reforms... If Manhattan is a low-tier energy being whom needs a physical avatar to interact with the physical world.

Galactus is a relatively higher tier energy being who can devour worlds without needing to take on a physical form.

Silver Surfer destroyed it.

This isn't hard.

Robtard
Surfer did so via suicide sexplosion and if Surfer does the same here, it doesn't matter, Manhattan can exist without a body and reforms one in minutes.

So good job, you just killed your entire team and gave Manhattan an easy win.

the ninjak
She forced herself into Xavier's head and controlled his mind at the end of the second movie, without awakening her full shitty power.

Also, Doctor Manhattan can create many clones, but there is one mind, and even if there was not, Mewtwo has the telepathic ranged to **** him anywhere on the planet.

Doc can teleport to Mars and create a pool of soldiers to strike back at the team. KO time is not an issue. There are more always attacking.

ares834
Because the power to destroy a planet could not destroy him.

Try to keep up.

Yes, because we saw Galactus use all his power in an attempt to destroy Surfer...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack Fair
Originally posted by the ninjak
Doc Manhattan wins. He has clones existing on opposite sides of the planet and solar system on the fly.

He can't be killed by T2.

There are always more to take the Docs place.
And in regards to the Jean Grey argument. As Phoenix she should have been able to replicate Xavier's mind freeze ability. But she couldn't during the final battle.
Movie Phoenix was nothing more than a powerful telekinetic and pyrokinetic with strong telepathic resistance.
She won't stop many teleporting Manhattan clones turning her particles into dust. She couldn't or just did not replicate Xavier's feat?

ares834
If Manhattan is a low-tier energy being whom needs a physical avatar to interact with the physical world.

Galactus is a relatively higher tier energy being who can devour worlds without needing to take on a physical form.

Silver Surfer destroyed it.

This isn't hard.

Since when is a giant cloud not physical/material?

And proof that Galactus can reform after destruction.

the ninjak
She couldn't or just did not replicate Xavier's feat?

If she could she would have. It would have won the final fight in X3.
And the other films. But she couldn't.

Lestov16
Should be noted that Manhattan is telepathic as well, such as when he read Silk Spectre's mind to find out the truth of her childhood.

Lestov16
What about Green Lantern?

Robtard

Manhattan turns his ring into Kryptonite and has a laugh. Two birds, one stone.

Zack Fair
If she could she would have. It would have won the final fight in X3.
And the other films. But she couldn't. Why would she have done it? I mean uh...it didn't look like she really wanted to end the fight.

and I think I'm getting your point. originally I thought you meant she would not have been capable because she wasn't powerful enough, but it seems like she just doesn't know how.

So yeah cool.

the ninjak

What about him?

If 3 Docs can eat out his wife whilst a forth worked on scientific experiments.
Then the same can assault a Green Lantern.

NemeBro
That's not it. We know he's a consciousness without form, who can will himself into form. So it's for you to prove that given telepaths can attack a mind like this.

Already did fatty fatty two by four.

You're right, he's substantially weaker than many ghost Pokemon.

They are ghosts, aka, incorporeal. Like Manhattan, they don't have minds existing on the physical plane.

Mewtwo can rape their minds easily.

Nor is Doctor Manhattan, Mewtwo and Surfer for example casually ream him.

How exactly does Manhattan plan to do this to a more powerful matter manipulator than him?

He killed a colossal energy being larger than Earth by powering through it to its core while it was trying to destroy Earth and created several explosions about the size of a planet, followed by scattering Galactus to the cosmic winds.

He's a planetary character.

Both Mewtwo and Surfer are much faster than Doctor Manhattan.

Show me Manhattan liquifying anything half as durable as Surfer.

Other than that he never did so?

Got the video where this occurs? Because I can't find it on youtube.

Did you miss the part that he was powerless to do anything about it when he found it? Her having cancer wouldn't mean shit if he could just say "Oh is that all lol? Let me fix that" and take it away.

Not if it takes him countless years, when it took Surfer a few moments. We also of course never see if Surfer can not create life. Of course, we also never see Manhattan create life at all.

Fixed.

Mewtwo's shield will prevent Manhattan's powers from entering, and his telepathy will shut Manhattan down.

Mewtwo of course can also teleport, but he doesn't really need to, he is after all far faster than Doc.

Surfer just destroys the very idea of a Doctor Manhattan.

Zack Fair
doc eating Hal huh

the ninjak
Why would she have done it? I mean uh...it didn't look like she really wanted to end the fight.

and I think I'm getting your point. originally I thought you meant she would not have been capable because she wasn't powerful enough, but it seems like she just doesn't know how.

So yeah cool.

Comic lore shows that telepaths that spend many years training with close peoples create close bonds.

Jean struggled with Toad!

Now imagine a multiplying particle manipulating, future seeing entity fighting her.

Lestov16
If anybody is wondering a power limit, it is stated that even Manhattan can not take out all of the world's nukes, only 99%.

NemeBro
Since when is a giant cloud not physical/material?

And proof that Galactus can reform after destruction. He created the giant cloud, the real Galactus was the gathering of energy inside the cloud that Silver Surfer had to power his way to.

the ninjak
If anybody is wondering a power limit, it is stated that even Manhattan can not take out all of the world's nukes, only 99%.

Shame he can teleport to Mars and send clones back.

NemeBro

99% was actually just a ballpark guess by Ozymandias.

His wording was "Even if he could take out 99% of the world's nuclear arsenal, there would still be enough left to destroy the world".

Zack Fair
Comic lore shows that telepaths that spend many years training with close peoples create close bonds.

Jean struggled with Toad!

Now imagine a multiplying particle manipulating, future seeing entity fighting her. not sure I want to discuss toad.

Already agreed with ya so lets leave it at that

NemeBro
Surfer did so via suicide sexplosion and if Surfer does the same here, it doesn't matter, Manhattan can exist without a body and reforms one in minutes.

So good job, you just killed your entire team and gave Manhattan an easy win. Doctor Manhattan is not a thousandth as powerful as Galactus was, why would he need to expend that much energy and effort to destroy a foe so much weaker?

Silver Surfer can destroy energy beings, which Manhattan fundamentally is. He destroys the body and the incorporeal presence controlling it in one fell stroke.

NemeBro
Yes, because we saw Galactus use all his power in an attempt to destroy Surfer...

roll eyes (sarcastic) We saw Silver Surfer power through Galactus' attempt to eat the planet and then destroy him.

Try harder.

the ninjak
not sure I want to discuss toad.

Already agreed with ya so lets leave it at that

It happened. It showed non-Phoenix Jean's ability to handle combat.
And Phoenix Jean just showed telepathic resistance.
She is screwed against Manhattan.

NemeBro
Anyway, I am gonna go play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, I will be back to make you all look like idiots later.

the ninjak
We saw Silver Surfer power through Galactus' attempt to eat the planet and then destroy him.

Try harder.

As proven in FF2 power output is impressive. But his defence was lacking.

the ninjak
Anyway, I am gonna go play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, I will be back to make you all look like idiots later.

One of my top 5 games. Respect. Make sure you install the latest mods.

Robtard
Doctor Manhattan is not a thousandth as powerful as Galactus was, why would he need to expend that much energy and effort to destroy a foe so much weaker?

Silver Surfer can destroy energy beings, which Manhattan fundamentally is. He destroys the body and the incorporeal presence controlling it in one fell stroke.

It wouldn't matter, that attack you mentioned was a suicide attack. All it would accomplish is Surfer's death, possibly some of his teammates and Manhattan would just reform. So good job, you still took out your most powerful player to only give the other side a mild nuisance, dumbass.

Galactus was not an "energy being" in the film as far as we know. We even see his shadow (which was a shout out to Marvel fans), he's a solid form surrounded by a cloud of some sort, we even see his physical tentacles, iirc.

Manhattan solos here, just face them facts. Surfer the teams best bet, gets manipulated into Play-Doh.

Zack Fair
It happened. It showed non-Phoenix Jean's ability to handle combat.
And Phoenix Jean just showed telepathic resistance.
She is screwed against Manhattan. Sigh.

But that Jean wasn't operating at X-3 levels.

the ninjak
Sigh.

But that Jean wasn't operating at X-3 levels.

Post facts not assumptions.
Manhattan once he gets his hands on the Surfer's board also opens many options.

ares834
He created the giant cloud, the real Galactus was the gathering of energy inside the cloud that Silver Surfer had to power his way to.

Proof?

We saw Silver Surfer power through Galactus' attempt to eat the planet and then destroy him.

Try harder.

Surfer can fly through a giant cloud you guys!

Lestov16
How did the FF separate Surfer from the Board? Can Manhattan replicate that? Even if not, Surfer is made of matter, which means he can be disintegrated and die. Manhattan is not made of matter, and his physical form is only a vessel, so even if Surfer destroys him, he can just reform. As far as being able to wield planet destroying energy like Galactus, 99% of all nuclear weapons on Earth must have a yield in the petatons.

Zack Fair
Post facts not assumptions.
Manhattan once he gets his hands on the Surfer's board also opens many options.

Do I really need to prove X-1 Jean wasn't operating at X-3 level?

I mean...seriously?

And I'm not saying Manhattan loses.

TheGodKiller
It wouldn't matter, that attack you mentioned was a suicide attack. All it would accomplish is Surfer's death, possibly some of his teammates and Manhattan would just reform. So good job, you still took out your most powerful player to only give the other side a mild nuisance, dumbass.

Galactus was not an "energy being" in the film as far as we know. We even see his shadow (which was a shout out to Marvel fans), he's a solid form surrounded by a cloud of some sort, we even see his physical tentacles, iirc.

Manhattan solos here, just face them facts. Surfer the teams best bet, gets manipulated into Play-Doh.
It wasn't a suicide attack, as the Surfer was still shown alive, drifting in space during the post-credits scene.

The core entity within the Saturn-sized dust cloud was an energy being.

Manhattan has nowhere near the feats to compete against the Surfer. The Herald of the Devourer of Worlds soundly beats the God of hyperbole from Watchmen.

TheGodKiller
Proof?

Surfer can fly through a giant cloud you guys!
Movie.

A cloud that dwarfed the whole of planet Earth, which he destroyed in one single charge-up of his cosmic energy. Manhattan is grossly outclassed here.

TheGodKiller
How did the FF separate Surfer from the Board? Can Manhattan replicate that? Even if not, Surfer is made of matter, which means he can be disintegrated and die. Manhattan is not made of matter, and his physical form is only a vessel, so even if Surfer destroys him, he can just reform. As far as being able to wield planet destroying energy like Galactus, 99% of all nuclear weapons on Earth must have a yield in the petatons.
Extreme prep. They spent a lot of time developing special tech that would be able to separate him from his board. Manhattan wouldn't get the time to duplicate the plot-based prep feat achieved via Reed Richards and Dr. Doom working together. Surfer is a high-level matter manipulator himself. Manhattan has no feats to suggest his matter-manip is of a higher level than Surfer's. The Surfer, on the other hand, does. If Norrin decides that Manhattan is dead, then Manhattan will remain dead.

Impediment
What happens when Doc makes multiple copies of himself, points, and explodes people like a frog with an M-80 in it's ass?

Someone please tell me what happens when Doc continuously remakes himself and non-stop teleports multiple copies of himself while exploding people?

Emphasis on the NON-STOP.

TheGodKiller
^Won't ever happen. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that Manhattan's matter manip is stronger than that of an entity who is capable of killing planet sized energy beings.

ares834
Movie.

Nothing in the movie says he is an energy being and not a giant cloud.

A cloud that dwarfed the whole of planet Earth, which he destroyed in one single charge-up of his cosmic energy. Manhattan is grossly outclassed here.

Cool. But I'm not debating Surfer's power here only his invulnerability.

Darth Martin
Veidt had Manhattan disintegrated and he reformed from nothing. Then, he's shown the ability to clone himself, become intangible, teleport from planet to planet, etc. Just overall is in an entirely separate tier from this group.

Zack Fair
It wasn't a suicide attack, as the Surfer was still shown alive, drifting in space during the post-credits scene.

The core entity within the Saturn-sized dust cloud was an energy being.

Manhattan has nowhere near the feats to compete against the Surfer. The Herald of the Devourer of Worlds soundly beats the God of hyperbole from Watchmen. Not trying to disclaim your argument or anything, but besides the Galactus buster; what did Surfer do that puts him above Manhattan?

Lestov16
If the Fantastic four could separate Surfer from the Board, can't Manhattan just rebuild that same technology and do the same?

Darth Martin
What's to say he would need technology?

Lestov16
Very true. Manhattan is basically a low-level Q in that he doesn't exist in our spatial dimension and thus his physical form is only a vessel of himself.

TheGodKiller
Nothing in the movie says he is an energy being and not a giant cloud.

Cool. But I'm not debating Surfer's power here only his invulnerability.
Movie shows his energy form when Surfer is at the core of the space cloud.

Could only be hurt when separated from his board. A tachyon generator was required to do so.

Manhattan probably won't even be able to glean this bit of information on how to separate the Surfer from his board, as his vision gets phucked up anywhere tachyons are involved.

TheGodKiller
Not trying to disclaim your argument or anything, but besides the Galactus buster; what did Surfer do that puts him above Manhattan?
What did Manhattan do that puts him above the Surfer's level?

Lestov16
What has Surfer done that shows he can kill an incorporeal being? Manhattan doesn't have an energy form like Galactus.

Darth Martin
What did Manhattan do that puts him above the Surfer's level? Originally posted by Darth Martin
Veidt had Manhattan disintegrated and he reformed from nothing. Then, he's shown the ability to clone himself, become intangible, teleport from planet to planet, etc. Just overall is in an entirely separate tier from this group.

Zack Fair
What did Manhattan do that puts him above the Surfer's level? Well thats just rude.

And **** if I know. Never made the claim Manhattan was above Surfer.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Darth Martin

The Surfer can easily do most of that stuff as well. The Surfer also used his powers against other superhumans, unlike Manhattan whose feats are largely relegated to regular street-levellers. Then there is the Galactus-destroyer, which absolutely sh1ts upo everything Manhattan displayed in Watchmen.

I ask again: what has Manhattah done that puts him above Surfer's level?

juggerman
Doc Man

Lestov16
The Surfer can easily do most of that stuff as well. The Surfer also used his powers against other superhumans, unlike Manhattan whose feats are largely relegated to regular street-levellers. Then there is the Galactus-destroyer, which absolutely sh1ts upo everything Manhattan displayed in Watchmen.

I ask again: what has Manhattah done that puts him above Surfer's level?

What has Surfer done to show he can take on Manhattan, who doesn't even exist physically?

TheGodKiller
^Destroying a planet-sized energy being.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.