Magneto tries out for the High Herald Tier; test 2...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Its reasonable to expect a High Herald to be able to perform well against Mid Heralds in forum conditions...isnt it?

Well, Mags runs the following gauntlet of Mid Heralds (as per the tierings here at KMC) in battles to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Mags is restored to full health and power after each round of combat...

How far does he get?

1) Wonder Woman...
2) Sersi...
3) Loki...
4) Bizzaro Superman...
5) Martian Manhunter...
6) Black Adam...
7) Beta Ray Bill...
8) Waverider...

zopzop
Sersi ends him.

Endless Mike
Diana could beat him but he also has a chance to beat her. Sersi and Loki could go either way maybe. Bizarro probably stops him, J'onn stops him, BA and Bill stomp him, Waverider haxes him to death.

Digi
The responses so far seem to answer your question. People want to prop Magneto up compared to what some others see him as. But then when you pit him against quality mid heralds, it's clear that he is, at best, their equal, and probably lower than many of them. I'd argue that (almost) no one on that list is high herald. Diana, Bizarro, and J'onn certainly aren't and a couple others likely aren't either. And nearly all of them take a majority against Magneto. He's either the absolute class of low herald, or he's middle of the pack mid herald. He's not HH.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Diana could beat him but he also has a chance to beat her. Sersi and Loki could go either way maybe. Bizarro probably stops him, J'onn stops him, BA and Bill stomp him, Waverider haxes him to death.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Digi
The responses so far seem to answer your question. People want to prop Magneto up compared to what some others see him as. But then when you pit him against quality mid heralds, it's clear that he is, at best, their equal, and probably lower than many of them. I'd argue that (almost) no one on that list is high herald. Diana, Bizarro, and J'onn certainly aren't and a couple others likely aren't either. And nearly all of them take a majority against Magneto. He's either the absolute class of low herald, or he's middle of the pack mid herald. He's not HH.

thumb up

I agree with you on all of that, expect one point; would Mags really be the top of the Low Herald Tier?

Looking at the list, I see Jack of Hearts on there; based on feats, I honestly think he is more powerful than Magneto...

wolverinos
magneto is not high herald.

TheLordofMurder
@753

How does Mags fare against these Mid Heralds (as per the tierings here at KMC)?

Do you doubt that most of them (if not all of them) take atleast a majority against Mags?

nwg202
Probably stops at one

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by nwg202
Probably stops at one

My point exactly; there is a good chance that he doesnt get by Diana, and if he does survive his encounter with her, everyone (atleast so far) is in agreement that Sersi puts an end to him...

Magneto does not have the "stuff" to be a High Herald...

carver9
1) Wonder Woman.. Magneto defeats her and use her own gear against her.
2) Sersi...I can see Mags taking her due to shielding and being more powerful
3) Loki... Could go either way
4) Superman...split
5) Martian Manhunter...MM dies. We seen what happen to him against Poloris
6) Black Adam...Magneto loses this one.
7) Beta Ray Bill...Mags wins 6/10
8) Waverider... Lol...WR stomps.

Magneto is a high Herald.

curryman
Please stop making these threads.

mighty adam
Originally posted by carver9
4) Superman...split

Magneto is a high Herald. can mags take control of magical metal weapons? If he can I could see him beating WW if not he stops at 1.

carver9
Originally posted by mighty adam
can mags take control of magical metal weapons? If he can I could see him beating WW if not he stops at 1.

He controlled Thor hammer.

TheLordofMurder
4) Superman...split

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
4) Superman...split

*takes a peep at the poll results*

Clearly you are the only one here at KMC that thinks so highly of Magneto...

Hasnt it crossed your mind that you might be wrong about Mags power level?

Even Digi agrees that Mags is not a High Herald...

TheLordofMurder
@Carver

Btw, if you actually think Mags shielding will save him against Sersi, then you clearly have no idea what she's capable of; do yourself a favor and read her respect thread before you embarrass yourself further...

Beneath Mags shielding, he is nothing special with human durability; Sersi can reconstruct from being atomized on the other hand...

Sersi's matter/energy manip combined with her psionic powers equals a wtfomg stomp in the favor of Sersi here and she is a bonafide Mid Herald; Mags is less than she is...

carver9
I will respond to this later.

Juk3n

4) Superman...split

confused impressive.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Its reasonable to expect a High Herald to be able to perform well against Mid Heralds in forum conditions...isnt it?

Well, Mags runs the following gauntlet of Mid Heralds (as per the tierings here at KMC) in battles to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Mags is restored to full health and power after each round of combat...

How far does he get?

1) Wonder Woman...
2) Sersi...
3) Loki...
4) Bizzaro Superman...
5) Martian Manhunter...
6) Black Adam...
7) Beta Ray Bill...
8) Waverider... Originally posted by carver9
4) Superman...split

Subconscious hate.

mmm

Spire
Originally posted by abhilegend
Subconscious hate.

mmm

Lol.

Blair Wind
Unless there is a direct Magneto vs Sersi reference in comics then this should prove that Sersi won't be able to affect Magneto:

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=17040_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-20_122_831lo.jpg

With that said, when has Magneto's shield ever been broken when he's at full strength?

curryman
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Unless there is a direct Magneto vs Sersi reference in comics then this should prove that Sersi won't be able to affect Magneto:

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=17040_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-20_122_831lo.jpg

With that said, when has Magneto's shield ever been broken when he's at full strength?
Are you saying they can't be broken?

Seems like they were right about to break when Thor decided to simply absorb them, instead of hitting it a second time.

Blair Wind
Not that they can't - I've just asked the same question before without any conclusive evidence. I'm genuinely curious if Magneto's shields have ever been broken when he's at full strength. Absorbing !=== hitting it until it breaks. As far as I can tell no one on the list can do that trick either (maybe Loki?) besides BRB.

curryman
Not that they can't - I've just asked the same question before without any conclusive evidence. I'm genuinely curious if Magneto's shields have ever been broken when he's at full strength. Absorbing !=== hitting it until it breaks. As far as I can tell no one on the list can do that trick either (maybe Loki?) besides BRB.

Well, Thor hit it once and the shields were about to break.

Thor even claimed that he could break it with one more strike.

How often do Magneto use these shields nowadays? I've only been sporadically reading the x-men comics, so I too am curious about this.

abhilegend

Cyclops broke it in its very first showing. It doesn't have many showings at all. Magneto had to be boosted by Fabian Cortez to block two nukes by it IIRC.

@753

How does Mags fare against these Mid Heralds (as per the tierings here at KMC)?

Do you doubt that most of them (if not all of them) take atleast a majority against Mags? he beats 1, 2 and 5 for a majority. Loki is a bad matchup for him given his magic and would beat him. he could draw a split from Bizarro. 6 and above rank as high heralds IMO and would get a majority againt thim, although BRB would definitely have trouble with it.

eaebiakuya
I remember once Magneto Force Field blocked some attack from Thor and She-Hulk.

I dont remember his shield being destroyed (only in first storys).

In comics, Magneto was able to control iron in the blood and even mental waves. PIS less he is very strong because those hax attacks.

But not sure if it will work in High Heralds. I believe it would fail to kill people like Thor (before he breake/absorve the shield).

Cyclops broke it in its very first showing. we've been over that before

Zack Fair
LOL@cyke breaking mags shield

-Pr-
Cyclops didn't break a full powered Magneto's shield.

Regardless, even if he had, it wouldn't matter.

Zack Fair
thumb up

-Pr-
And if anyone tries to ruin Cyclops for me, there will be consequences.

nwg202

Did Sersi get taken out by a Sue Richards kick in the pages following this battle? I seem to forget.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
we've been over that before
I don't know what are you talking about?

angelOriginally posted by Zack Fair
LOL@cyke breaking mags shield
http://img179.imagevenue.com/loc600/th_53646_uncanny_x-men_001-18_122_600lo.jpg http://img182.imagevenue.com/loc583/th_53647_uncanny_x-men_001-19_122_583lo.jpg

uhuhOriginally posted by -Pr-
You would've to chokeslam most of marvel's writers then.

stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder

Even with shielding, Sersi has alot of options for beating Mags...

She has excellent illusions, excellent psionic ability, and could play "dirty" and transmute all of the air in the area into fire and win outright...

Zack Fair
4) Superman...split

Magneto is a high Herald. http://i.imgur.com/4QGnGDv.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/nuclearflower/bomb.gif

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-

You say that but Fraction is still around.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://i.imgur.com/4QGnGDv.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/nuclearflower/bomb.gif

don't worry about carver; he doesn't read dc.

I don't know what are you talking about?

angel
http://img179.imagevenue.com/loc600/th_53646_uncanny_x-men_001-18_122_600lo.jpg http://img182.imagevenue.com/loc583/th_53647_uncanny_x-men_001-19_122_583lo.jpg

uhuh
You would've to chokeslam most of marvel's writers then.

stick out tongue

Originally posted by Bentley
You say that but Fraction is still around.

On this board, dammit.

golem370
By title Master of the Electromagnetic Spectrum mean he is a matter over these:
1.Gamma radiation
2.X-ray radiation
3.Ultraviolet radiation
4.Visible radiation
5.Infrared radiation
6.Terahertz radiation
7.Microwave radiation
8.Radio waves

he's manipulated some of those frequencies on panel, but most of his blasts are just unidentified purple energy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
he's manipulated some of those frequencies on panel, but most of his blasts are just unidentified purple energy.
Hey buddy, do you have the scan which says that Scott breached Magneto's shield by exploiting a flaw?

curryman
Abhi, time to give it a rest.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Abhi, time to give it a rest.
ranting

curryman
ranting
The entire basis for this thread is "I think this character belongs in a tier waaaaaay above his paygrade".

Better to let it go the way of Superman's relationship with WW.

Hey buddy, do you have the scan which says that Scott breached Magneto's shield by exploiting a flaw? sorry

Blair Wind
Magneto isn't a high herald and no one that I know of has claimed that he is. He's part of the upper crust of the low heralds and I'd argue can compete heavily with the mid-herald level characters.

Why is this thread titled the way it is? He's facing a list of mid-heralds here, not high.

Newjak
Magneto isn't a high herald and no one that I know of has claimed that he is. He's part of the upper crust of the low heralds and I'd argue can compete heavily with the mid-herald level characters.

Why is this thread titled the way it is? He's facing a list of mid-heralds here, not high. I think the idea is if he can cream a bunch of mid-heralds then he should be high herald?

But regardless Mags it the upper level of low-herald pushing mid-herald.

Although the tiers thread has gone so long without being updated I wouldn't mind getting it going again.

curryman

Why is this thread titled the way it is? He's facing a list of mid-heralds here, not high.
Upper crust of low herald? I'm not so sure about that one.

The gap between low and mid-herald is almost non-existent, but when you look at the other people who populate the low-herald tier, I'd say he's far from the top one.

I think I'll try a similar gauntlet where I put Magneto up against some low-heralds.

TheLordofMurder

You DO know someone who has claimed that Mags is a High Herald: carver9....

curryman
You DO know someone who has claimed that Mags is a High Herald: carver9....
You DO know that no one cares what carver9 says and that KMC has a fancy ignore-function.

TheLordofMurder

The point of this thread was to drive home the point to carver9 that Mags was not a High Herald (carver9 has been arguing for a while now that Mags is a High Herald)...

I wanted to demostrate that Mags loses to most (if not all) of the Mid Herald Tier (something that a true High Herald wouldnt do), so I put together a sample of Mid Heralds (as per the tierings here at KMC) and made them face off against Mags...

And the results are exactly what I expected; many here believe (rightfully) that Mags gets to 2 at best with most believing that he cant pass 1 and beat Diana...which is fully within reason.

A true High Herald would get atleast a split, if not a majority, against everyone here...with the odd outlier based on powerset advantages of course.

-Pr-
So you intentionally made a bait thread?

Zack Fair
The point of this thread was to drive home the point to carver9 that Mags was not a High Herald (carver9 has been arguing for a while now that Mags is a High Herald)...

I wanted to demostrate that Mags loses to most (if not all) of the Mid Herald Tier (something that a true High Herald wouldnt do), so I put together a sample of Mid Heralds (as per the tierings here at KMC) and made them face off against Mags...

And the results are exactly what I expected; most here believe (rightfully) that Mags gets to 2 at best with most believing that he cant pass 1 and beat Diana...which is fully within reason.

A true High Herald would get atleast a split, if not a majority, against everyone here...with the odd outlier based on powerset advantages of course. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cwQKcNAUacM/UVHly3MKGXI/AAAAAAAADwk/Kli8ajlviHY/s320/well-played-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

TheLordofMurder
So you intentionally made a bait thread?

I dont consider it a bait thread as the deck isnt stacked against Mags...

Its a legit question; its a tryout to see if Mags is really a High Herald...

If he's truly one, he'll do well against a sample of Mid Heralds; if he isnt, then he wont perform well against a sample of Mid Heralds...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cwQKcNAUacM/UVHly3MKGXI/AAAAAAAADwk/Kli8ajlviHY/s320/well-played-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

Thank you! smile

-Pr-
I dont consider it a bait thread as the deck isnt stacked against Mags...

Its a legit question; its a tryout to see if Mags is really a High Herald...

If he's truly one, he'll do well against a sample of Mid Heralds; if he isnt, then he wont perform well against a sample of Mid Heralds...

If you're trying to get a response from a particular poster or group of posters, that's a bait thread.

TheLordofMurder
If you're trying to get a response from a particular poster or group of posters, that's a bait thread.

Even if you are simply attempting to get him to defend his argument without flaming him?

-Pr-
Even if you are simply attempting to get him to defend his argument without flaming him?

that's what pm's are for, usually.

Zack Fair
PR being jealous now.

Mindset
Magneto is a high herald.

Case closed.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm7l1sshaz1qgplnwo1_500.gif

dmills
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.