AVX Movie Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
The Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, aka Sheild, becomes aware of a new threat that calls itself the X-Men. Feeling that Mutants are a danger that need to be dealt with for good, they decide to strike first against known superpowered beings. Nick Fury somehow talks his superiors out of just dropping a Nuke on the School for Gifted Youngsters, as per their go to plan, and volunteers instead to send the Avengers in to assess the situation first.

On that day Magneto decides to drop by the school to try to make peace with his old friend Charles. Just as Charles is about to tell Eric to suck a nut, Eric did push a bullet into his back after all, he picks up the thoughts of the Avengers who are moments away from dropping in. Panicked, he alerts the mutants on hand to assemble out front just in case things go badly. As the Avengers walk up to the school Magneto, fearing this is the moment he has been warning the mutants about for years, doesn't wait to hear what they have to say and uses his power to crush Ironman in his suit.

After witnessing what has happened to their friend the Avengers attack and aim to kill them all.

Thor is in Asgard putting the hammer down on Elizabeth Swann and doesn't participate.

Avengers- Hulk, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Amazing Spiderman, Daredevil, and The Fantastic Four.

X-Men- Cyclops, Jean(only X-1 and X-2 feats), Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Gambit, Iceman, Storm, Rouge, Beast, Pyro, Magneto and Charles.

Stips:

1. Charles will only focus on reverting Hulk to Banner. He needs 1 full minute to do this but if he's distracted at all, including avoiding attacks, the time starts over again. Avengers know this and will try to harm/kill Xavier to free Hulk while the X-men protect him. Hulk is basically on "Pause" until he's either reverted to Banner or freed from Charles' influence. If Charles re-engages Hulks mind he "Pauses" again.

2. The only other way they revert Hulk is if Rouge touches him for 10 seconds to completely drain him. If contact is broken before 10 seconds are up the time must start all over again. If she tries this while Xavier is trying to revert Hulk tho he will "Unpause" and be fully active.

3. 1st team to kill or subdue all their opponents wins.

4. No BFR

Darth Martin
So basically this is Hulk vs Xavier and Magneto. The rest are pretty much non factors.

FrothByte
You're giving the X-men Magneto but you're taking away Thor from the Avengers???? Kind of unfair don't you think? Especially since you killed IM right at the start. You've basically neutralized most of the Avengers's heavy hitters. Only the F4 are giving the Avengers some hope here. But still:

Jean > Sue
X cancels out Hulk
Colossus will keep Thing occupied
Wolverine will keep Cap occupied

Then there's only Reed, Torch, and Spiderman who'll be the heavy hitters of Avengers whereas the X-men will still have Magneto, Cyclops, Storm and Nightcrawler... not to mention guys like Gambit, Iceman or Pyro, who would easily overcome Hawkeye, Blackwidow, or DD.

Give back Thor and IM, take out Fury and DD, then we'll have a proper fight.

wakkawakkawakka
What's wrong with Daredevil being here? But I see the Xmen taking it unless Johnny gets to go Nova-Blaze or something.

As for Colossus and Thing. Can't remember Colossus doing anything super-impressive So I could see the Thing coming out on top. There's a whole thread for Wolverine and Captain America so I won't go into that.

Charles will have more than enough time to revert Hulk back to banner while Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Iceman clean house with the street level dudes with Storm as back-up.

I'm probably saying this cause the turnout from AVX still pisses me off even a year after launch.

Edit: Thor would be a bit much but IM with Mark VII(Avengers) armor should make it even.

FrothByte
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
What's wrong with Daredevil being here? But I see the Xmen taking it unless Johnny gets to go Nova-Blaze or something.

As for Colossus and Thing. Can't remember Colossus doing anything super-impressive So I could see the Thing coming out on top. There's a whole thread for Wolverine and Captain America so I won't go into that.

Charles will have more than enough time to revert Hulk back to banner while Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Iceman clean house with the street level dudes with Storm as back-up.

I'm probably saying this cause the turnout from AVX still pisses me off even a year after launch.

Edit: Thor would be a bit much but IM with Mark VII(Avengers) armor should make it even.

Nothing wrong with DD, just that he isn't usually with the Avengers that I know of.

As for Thor being too much... c'mon man, the X-men have freaking Magneto on their team. The only powerhouse on the Avengers team that can even that out is Thor.

Darth Martin
That kills it right there. Iron Man is useless as Magneto would seriously destroy him. Add Thor and he'd be too much.

juggerman
I felt Hulk was too big of a gun to be left unchecked but i also didn't want X took just turn his brain off, or the entire Avengers side at that. There's a very good chance theAvengers could stop/kill X before he tames Hulk

Ironman is way too powerful imo and could take out most of the X-men himself imo.

Thor would shazz on Magneto imo. While Mags is powerful he can only control metal and he can't make shields so just about any Avenger can kill him. Johnny could easily fireball him or Spidey could web him.

I made Jean pre Pheonix since i thought that would be too much. Sue should be a good match for her

Colossus is no match for Thing here.

Nightcrawler vs Spiderman would be a good fight imo

If you still think it's too much in favor of the mutants how about i add War Machine to the Avengers?

Darth Martin
Dude, this isn't the comics. Anyone with in suit of armor is getting wtf pwned by Erik.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Dude, this isn't the comics. Anyone with in suit of armor is getting wtf pwned by Erik.

Thanks for reminding me of that stupid fight in AvX.

Though that aside and yeah I still think Thor is too much. Since this isn't Tobey's Spiderman, the Xmen have a chance at beating him, Beast and Nightcrawler together could probably take him. Iceman and Storm are pretty much the bane to Mr.Fantastic's existence going by movie stats. Rogue is pretty useless unless she can tag either Johnny or Thing. Colossus + Rogue could probably make one or the other happen.

Sue and Jean is a good fight buy Jean's telepathy would edge her out I think.

Still think the mutants win so for an addition to the Avengers. War Machine would be better than Iron Man IMO.

juggerman

Hmmmm what about Emil Blonsky post serum but pre Abom?

juggerman
Does anyone feel it's close? Or did i royally **** the Avengers here?

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by juggerman

Nah this is about as good as its going to get in terms of equal power sets. The only thing that I could think of that would make it more balanced is if Charles and Hulk were taken out and giving the Avengers Tobey Spiderman.

Either that or take Magneto out on the Xmen team and swap Johnny for War Machine.

FrothByte

I'd say take out Magneto and exchange a middle-grade mutant like, oh I don't know, Havok or something. Magneto was strong enough to lift an entire bridge. He may only control metal but his mass destruction powers is unequaled by anyone on the current Avengers side unless Johnny goes supernova.

Plus pre-phoenix Jean is still pretty powerful on her own. People seem to forget that she was telepathic as well. Sue may be able to match her telekinetic shields but a few psychic blasts should end that.

Storm if given the time to go full power has massive AOE attacks as well. Then you have guys like Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman and Pyro who also have decent range.

I guess what the Avengers side is missing are some ranged and AOE fighters. Only Johnny has range. Movie Sue had range but wasn't exactly an offensive fighter.

juggerman
Is this better?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t583004.html

ares834
X-men win here. Charles can just freeze the entire team.

Add Thor and he'd be too much.

Nah. Magneto could arguably take him and Charles definitely could.

ares834

Yeah you did. But in general Xavier verse anyone is a pretty bad match up.

juggerman
Originally posted by ares834
X-men win here. Charles can just freeze the entire team.

Nah. Magneto could arguably take him and Charles definitely could.

Which is why i tied Charles up with Hulk. He can't do anything else here

ares834
Xavier has used his telepathy to freeze hundreds of people at once. Hulk isn't going to tie him down.

juggerman
Xavier has used his telepathy to freeze hundreds of people at once. Hulk isn't going to tie him down.

As per OP he does. Besides he hasn't encountered Hulk before.

ares834
Oh. Well that's dumb.

juggerman
Oh. Well that's dumb.

There's an option for that in the poll ironically enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.