RotS Sideous vs RotS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tzeentch._
Takes place on an infinite field of dirt.

Both combatants are going all out- blood lusted.

Gogogo

Arab Jedi
yoda 10/10

Intrepid37
Yoda.

Originally posted by Arab Jedi
yoda 10/10
No.

Mizukage Yoda
Yoda takes it in a flat area no doubt. Sidious didn't retreat into the Grand Convocation Chamber for shits.

Intrepid37
Yoda didn't retreat from the Grand Convocation Chamber for shits either.

The_Tempest
Dooku played this scenario out in Dark Rendezvous and, in his estimation, it got pretty ugly for the Emperor.

But Yoda definitely won't be taking a full 10. Prolly an 8 or so if Dooku is to be believed.

Intrepid37
This is just normal Yoda though. Not turned-bad Yoda.

The_Tempest
Is it? "Blood lusted" sounds pretty dark to me. If not, Yoda's gonna get a stalemate at best.

Intrepid37
I would still favor normal-Yoda.

Tzeentch._
Blood lusted just means fighting to kill. I threw it in there to avoid the CIS arguments some people make for Yoda holding back in fights.

Both characters will do whatever it takes to kill the other, within reason. Yoda won't be shooting force lightning in desperation.

Intrepid37
Okay. Yoda wins 6-7/10.

Arab Jedi
6-7/10? yoda is a better duelist and on par in the force if not stronger. i agree that maybe 10/10 is too much so maybe 8-9/10 but thats as low as it goes.

ares834
Toss up.

Tzeentch._
A toss up would be a 5/10.

is that your final answer?

ares834
Around that, yeah.

Nephthys
Same here.

Tzeentch._
Haha.

Yes.

Vensai
Yoda 7/10
It'll probably go like Mace vs Sidious at the start. Yoda disarms Sidious after some bladework and then shoves his lightning back in his face.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by ares834
Toss up.

Not in an open field.

Normal Yoda would defeat Sidious in an open field 6.5/10

Bloodlusted Yoda, who gives no ****s about the Jedi Code dominates 9/10

NewGuy01
I'll go with Yoda on flat turf--Palpatine's advantage over Yoda isn't his abilities as a duelist.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Not in an open field.

Normal Yoda would defeat Sidious in an open field 6.5/10

Actually Sidious would have a better chance against Yoda in an open field as far as saber combat is concerned. In ROTS, majority of their saber duel was on the senate rotunda, which gave Yoda a far more advantage than it did Sidious. Yoda is alot smaller and had far more room to leap around in, while Sidious was limited in space. Sidious was basically disarmed by Yoda because Yoda's attack nearly pushed Sidious over the edge, causing him to drop his saber, which wouldn't have happened had they been fighting on flat surface.

I still think Yoda has the advantage in a saber duel because of how acrobatic he is (even moreso than Sidious) and because of his small size, which gives him an advantage in evading strikes and physical attacks more easily. But they are definitely a lot closer in saber combat than most people would agree, and putting them in an open field would give Sidious a far greater chance in a saber duel than in ROTS.

Also, Yoda was blood lusted when he went after Sidious in ROTS. He went there for one purpose: to kill Sidious.

Nephthys
I think even if Yoda has an advantage in terms of lightsaber combat, its slight and he won't be able to beat Sidious before he starts to wane from tiredness. Or maybe he will, its a 50/50 split imo. Though I do think that if Yoda did have a good chance or was superior, he wouldn't have stopped after only a single attempt. So perhaps Sidious has a bit of an edge.

Intrepid37
When two are equal in terms of power, the fight is getting decided via a duel. Yoda simply has greater dueling feats (only by a slight margin though).

Stigma
Yoda wins 6/10
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Is Dark Side Yoda that powerful? I only know about Dooku's musisng on evil Yoda, but that's pretty much it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.