Epic Team Battle With A Twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuraAngel
These teams face off!

Team 1

Leader: Superman
Second in Command: Link
The Muscle: Hercules
The Smart Guy: L
Team Pet: Cubone

Team 2

Leader: Captain America
Second in Command: Whitebeard
The Muscle: Kratos
The Smart Guy: Sokka
Team Pet: Stitch

Team 1 is placed at LA while Team 2 is at NYC. Each is given a photo of the other team. In order to win one of the teams must incapacitate/kill the other.

The twist: This is in our world. Our physics, our technology, everything is grounded in our reality. And they have no powers or their own gear. Characters can understand each other and still retain knowledge from their own universes but their physical capabilities are based on appearance. For convenience Stitch and Cubone retain sapience. The characters are aware of being underpowered so we don't see lulzy things like a character walking in front of a semi under the assumption that it won't do anything.

So in this battle of wits, with all things equal, which team comes out ahead?

NotAllThatEvil
Team A. L is smarter than sokka and link is pretty used to fighting without powers.

AuraAngel
Edit~

Sacred 117
I'd say Team 1 simply because Supes is a genius and Link is tactically brilliant seeing as he can instantly exploit anyone he faces. I actually don't know who L and Whitebeard are. Still, I stand by my conclusion. Furthermore, if characters "retain knowledge from their own universes", Link gigastomps with several lifetimes of experience on everyone else.

NotAllThatEvil
Link can fight with a stick. I was under the assumption that all magic is out and the master sword and vibranium shield were just steel replicates.

Sacred 117
Not as if he'll need it. He did wrestle Gorons, so depowered Kratos won't be a problem.

NotAllThatEvil
Kratos was a spartan once, right? Link ain't going to win a wrestling match. An arrow to the head however...

Sacred 117
True, he can still use a bow (albeit one other than his). In which case, Team 2 is f**ked.

AuraAngel
Oh yeah I need to specify versions of some characters...

Minish Cap Link and New 52 Supes. No idea of how to do Cap though.

NotAllThatEvil
Minish cap? Team B is starting to look a little better.

The Scenario
Nice, Minish Cap is severely unloved. And yay for Cubone.

On the actual fight, I'm not sure. L is definitely smarter than Sokka, but Sokka has the edge on combat tactics and strategies vs. L's more detective-esque intelligence. Also Sokka's better in a fight.

Given that strength is being determined by appearance, I'm hazarding the guess that Whitebeard is currently the strongest one here, followed by either Kratos or Hercules if they aren't nigh even. Link unfortunately isn't a very strong looking individual, as this version is fairly young.

Huh.

AuraAngel
And Scenario comes in with a pretty awesome sig/avatar setup.

NotAllThatEvil
I'm not sure if it helps, but team A does have 2 people who understand the basics of our reality, while team B only has one and the rest are from fantasy worlds. They could probably get across the country easier.

Is anyone thinking this would make a pretty good road trip movie?

Sacred 117
Originally posted by AuraAngel
And Scenario comes in with a pretty awesome sig/avatar setup.

Seriously, I need to figure out how to do that. The setup format gave me shit the first time I tried it. Care to help me with that, Scenario?

Zack Fair
I'm confused

NemeBro
Team 2 is going to find itself short one member at the start of the match.

Whitebeard will find his lack of physics-bending strength and durability rather off-putting when he collapses under his own weight, being so ****ing tall that his legs will snap and shatter like plates.

AuraAngel
Whitebeard is allowed to live. ^_^

NemeBro
This thread is rigged.

AuraAngel
Would you rather I switch Whitebeard out?

NemeBro
I'd rather he be broken on the floor.

Bentley
Cubone's accurate bone throws will net them a win in our reality.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Seriously, I need to figure out how to do that. The setup format gave me shit the first time I tried it. Care to help me with that, Scenario?

What do you need help with? I'm not actually that good at this, but I'll be glad to help if there's anything I can do.

Wei Phoenix
Which version of Hercules is this, Marvel, DC, Disney, Sorbo?

Without any powers then technically Captain America is a scrawny piece of white bread.

If this is Marvel Hercules then he beats everyone in a depowered fight.

AuraAngel
Disney.

Wei Phoenix
Then that would make Captain America the best fighter, best tactician and leader, though without the Serum he won't be able to do much unless you bring him down to peak human stats.

AuraAngel
To be honest I had forgotten that Cap was actually scrawny as all get out before his powers. Shame on me.

But I like the idea of the scrawny guy bossing Kratos around. So he stays.

Wei Phoenix
Then team 1 then. Cap is the weak link he's not going to last in this skirmish for long unless everyone just guards him which turns it into a defensive battle, 4v5.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by The Scenario
What do you need help with? I'm not actually that good at this, but I'll be glad to help if there's anything I can do.

I'll message you my issues when I get the chance.

Wei Phoenix
Also what battle feats does L have? I never really watched Deathnote but I thought he was more of a decetive smart guy, not a tactician or strategy type guy.

AuraAngel
L is a detective but he also had to do thing like plan raids and stuff. As far as physical ability he knows a little martial arts and is pretty good at tennis.

Wei Phoenix
Sounds like he is severely outclassed by Sokka who in this scenario is stronger, smarter, and more skilled at this type of game. The idea for this thread wasn't bad but I think it just needs more reviewing and thinking.

Captain America is a nonfactor due to his body, L won't be able to do much if all he has under his belt is tennis, planned raids, little MA and stuff. Nemebro already spoke about Whitebeard, granted you said he's the only one that real world physics don't apply to which does make it unfair. I still don't know what a real life Cubone and Stitch would do outside of growl, bite and claw.

AuraAngel
Kay. Replace Whitebeard with Hayato Furinji.

It's not like these guys are starting right next to each other. What is stopping Captain America from just, pfft, getting a gun?

Wei Phoenix
Where does he conveniently get a gun from and he's going to use the gun to kill heroes and good guys? That's not in his character. Since everyone is human they would have a hard time avoiding consistent gunfire. If you give him a gun then he probably shoots everyone. Do the teams get prep time? Who is Hayato Furinji?

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where does he conveniently get a gun from and he's going to use the gun to kill heroes and good guys? That's not in his character. Since everyone is human they would have a hard time avoiding consistent gunfire. If you give him a gun then he probably shoots everyone. Do the teams get prep time? Who is Hayato Furinji?

They start on opposite sides of the countries. Of course they have prep time. I'm starting to wonder if you read the OP.

And Hayato Furinji is this guy.

http://hsdkfans.com/uploads/gallery/album_9/gallery_22_9_59749.jpg

Wei Phoenix
I did read it and nowhere did it state that they get prep time. Starting at opposite ends of a country does not necessarily equate to they get time to prepare. Unless stated it would be assumed that they just make their way towards each other and do their battle. That being said Steve still isn't going to use a gun to kill or injure these people unless he had to do so.

The master from Kenichi probably stomps all of them though for reasons similar to what I said when I thought it was Marvel's Hercules.

AuraAngel
They are on opposite sides of the country. They only know what the other team looks like and that they'll win(as in get to go home) so long as they incapacitate/kill the other team. There is no way this situation can work without prep time lol.

NotAllThatEvil
But without his superpowers, he's just a guy eho knows some holds and throws. Anyone who can find a decent weapob should have an advantage over him.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by AuraAngel
They are on opposite sides of the country. They only know what the other team looks like and that they'll win(as in get to go home) so long as they incapacitate/kill the other team. There is no way this situation can work without prep time lol.

You're telling me it's impossible to just go towards the fight and do what battle they need to do? If we get to make up things that they can get then it does open a bunch of variables of what would be there and not, who would arrive to the battlefield first and set up whatever. If prep time is given then it's even more in favor for team two, Steve staying in character won't kill, but him and Sokka working together on a battle plan is much better than Superman and anyone on his team working together on a battle plan.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
But without his superpowers, he's just a guy eho knows some holds and throws. Anyone who can find a decent weapob should have an advantage over him.

Who's superpowers? Hayato?

BloodRain
Idiots. Nothing beats a boomerang. no expression

The Scenario
Minor nitpick: Nothing beats a bonemerang.

BloodRain
Sokka's boomer beats that boner.

The Scenario
Ground > Steel

BloodRain
Everyone knows Sokka's a water type.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.