Princess Leia (Ep. VII) vs. Lamia the Witch-Queen (Stardust)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CookyMonzta
It is highly rumored that Episode VII will advance many years past the end of Episode VI, and quite probably after the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. Obviously by that time Leia is a Jedi.

In the movie Stardust (2007), we saw Lamia cast a spell on the witch Ditchwater Sal to make it impossible for her to see or hear Yvaine (the starchild who fell out of the sky) even if she was in front of her. A Jedi or a Sith has that kind of power, but I imagine only temporary; but for Lamia to turn a man into a goat or a woman, and a goat into a man, even if only temporary, is beyond what a Sith can do, unless I've been away from the Star Wars universe for too long.

Now, what if Lamia tried to spray green fire toward Leia to decaptitate her, like she did Ditchwater Sal? I imagine Leia could do to Lamia's sorcery like Mace Windu did to Palpatine and his Dark Force lightning; that is, use her light saber to absorb Lamia's fire...

...Or better yet, if she is a strong-enough Jedi, she could go the Yoda route (against Count Dooku), and absorb it with her bare hand, and if necessary, send that energy right back to Lamia (like Mace did to Palpatine), and damage her looks in ways even worse than Lamia would bring upon herself for using her own sorcery...

...And since Lamia's physical appearance takes a hit with each spell she casts (because she doesn't have enough energy left from the heart of the last starchild she killed), maybe Leia uses the Force to perform some mind-bending of her own, to make Lamia waste more of that energy, yes?

What do you think? In a battle of the Force vs. dark sorcery, who would win?

Lord Lucien
So you want us to discuss the feats of a character that doesn't exist yet?

Nephthys
I'm starting to think that "CookyMonzta" didn't think this through that much, shockingly.

CookyMonzta
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm starting to think that "CookyMonzta" didn't think this through that much, shockingly.
I'll have you note that I did write, in my scenario, "...unless I've been away from the Star Wars universe for too long." Or are you are referring to my comparison of two characters across genres (Star Wars<-->Stardust), when supposedly this board applies only to the Star Wars universe? I believe someone in this Star Wars Versus forum jumped genres to compare the top henchmen in Star Wars and Lord of the Rings; Darth Vader vs. Witch-King of Angmar. You might have to go back a few pages to find it. What exactly am I missing here?

Zampanó
The way we discuss things here is supposed to be grounded in evidence from the fictional works where the characters originate. But the iteration of Leia that you want us go use simply doesn't exist yet. So how can we use evidence to talk about a character that has not been created? (Also cross-threads are officially against the rules for now.)

That said, I would tend to side with Magic over the Force in terms of versatility. If the two to head to head, Magic is more likely to be able to counter any given Force trick. My vote is against Leia. (Pending a reminder of what the movie Stardust was about)

CookyMonzta

Zampanó
You aren't quite getting it, I think. The problem is not that she isn't at a specific level of power. The problem is that we have no specifics. You could make a thread including Yoda at age 400, at which point he was definitely a Jedi Master. However, nobody has any idea what Yoda was like when he was 400 years old, so the thread would just be speculation.

For better or for worse, we stick closely within the restriction of characters whose abilities are known to us.

CookyMonzta

Lord Lucien
Exactly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.