Avengers vs Imhotep(Mummy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Imhotep kills Rick O'Connell and the Scorpion King to gain command of Anubis' army. Imhotep's powers are fully restored upon leaving the pyramid of the Scorpion King. Can the Avengers stop Imhotep and his army from conquering the Earth?

The Book of Amun-Ra has been taken and hidden by Imhotep to prevent being defeated like he was in first film.

COG Veteran
He strips the flesh from their bones.

Darth Martin
I'd say yes with probable casualties. The Maji had conventional firearms and were mostly fighting with melee weapons. I'd argue that the Chitauri>Anubis' soldiers. Not even close. No big Leviathons that will distract Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man.

Lord Lucien
Those sand dog things were being taken out by regular humans. I'm sure the immortal/superpowered/god people will have no problem.

Honestly without the book, they can't hope to actually defeat Imhotep. They could rip him in to pieces easily enough though. He's shown no martial skills or strength to compete with the Avengers, and no combat proficiency/speed in draining people to be a threat to superheros. Would his drain thing even affect Hulk and Thor, or Iron Man in a suit? And apparently he only has sand powers when he's en route somewhere, but when it comes to combat he actually needs to physically reattach limbs by hand.

Send Iron Man to blow up the army, sacrifice Hawkeye to distract Imhotep, then tear him in to pieces, stuff them in boxes, and go look for the book.

Tattoos N Scars
He has TK powers beyond just controlling sand and water. He telekinetically tossed two of his henchmen who f'd up into two pillars.

Lord Lucien
Not that impressive. The Avengers can easily take that punishment ('cept maybe Hawkeye, so let's kill him), and Imhotep's TK efficacy is quite pathetic in its showings. Hulk smashes, Thor crushes, Cap dismembers, Iron Man explodifies, Black Widow poses. They can't kill him, but they can easily render him inert.

Tattoos N Scars
It would be within Imhotep's powers to bring about a storm of

Tattoos N Scars
It would be within Imhotep's powers to bring about a storm of scarab beetles, which would consume Hawkeye, Cap, and Black Widow. They would annoy the hell out of hulk and thor.

Lord Lucien
Storm of scarabs? Been a while since I saw the movie, but when did he display that power? He had the 10 plagues of Egypt-- which wasn't completed in the film, but w/e--and scarabs aren't one of them. And the scarabs got all agitated when he awoke, but when was it said he had the power over them? He brought no such storm in the films. One punch from any of the superstrengths and he's immobilized. And any of them could tear him to pieces no problem. Cap with his shield, Iron Man with his weapons, even Hawkeye with his explosives.

Smash his head in on itself, tear it off, tie it up in a plastic bag, go look for the book. Imhotep's really not much of a threat to them. A more fun fight would be to take away his Drano powers and immortality, and put him up against Cap sans shield, or Black Widow and Hawkeye sans weapons. Fisticuffs, baby.

Tattoos N Scars
If he can turn himself to sand, he can reform himself rather easily. I believe the Avengers can win, but not without difficulty. Imhotep can control anything with his TK. If a mass of scarabs were in the vicinity, he could easily rain down a storm of them.

Silent Master
Maybe in theory, but in practice he picked his severed arm up and manually reattached it.

Mindset
Wasn't that when he was at partial power?

Anyway, he can reform from sand, so he onitasku doesn't need to reattach his limb, he can make a new one.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Not that impressive. The Avengers can easily take that punishment ('cept maybe Hawkeye, so let's kill him), and Imhotep's TK efficacy is quite pathetic in its showings. Hulk smashes, Thor crushes, Cap dismembers, Iron Man explodifies, Black Widow poses. They can't kill him, but they can easily render him inert. Hawkeye is much more valuable than Widow. She brings nothing to the team.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Hawkeye is much more valuable than Widow. She brings nothing to the team. datass

Darth Martin
Besides that of course.

http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Avengers---Dat-ass.jpg

Vensai
It hinges on whether the Avengers can use the book or find another way. I suspect Thor could call in a favor from his dad to stop Imhotep.

Lestov16
I doubt this would work, but could Iron Man come up with a plan to paralyze him in glass form?

EDIT: Wait, he gets Anubis's army? IDK how that will go. On one hand, if a desert tribe with swords could hold them off for an extended period, the Avengers should be able to rip through them like wet tissue. On the other hand, they will be endlessly respawning.

steverules_2
Imhotep: I have an army
Tony: We have a hulk

Had to be said

Silent Master
Originally posted by Mindset
Wasn't that when he was at partial power?

Anyway, he can reform from sand, so he onitasku doesn't need to reattach his limb, he can make a new one.

No, it was after he was back to full power and he was never shown to make new limbs from sand.

Tattoos N Scars
Can Imhotep suck the life force out of people at full power? Or would the Avengers have to be in possession of the cursed treasure,?

Silent Master
No, he was only able to suck the life out of the people who were cursed because they opened the box containing the canopic jars ....it's why in part two they had to trick the mercenaries into opening the container while on the train.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If he can turn himself to sand, he can reform himself rather easily. I believe the Avengers can win, but not without difficulty. Imhotep can control anything with his TK. If a mass of scarabs were in the vicinity, he could easily rain down a storm of them. That's why I said he had no combat proficiency/speed when it comes to his sandifying. In the middle of a fight he was taken by surprise from behind (giggity) and had to walk over and manually reattach his arm. Proceeding damage, he's shown no ability to put himself back together again via sandification. And his TK has also been limited. And the "if" factor notwithstanding, his TK isn't Speedy Gonzales. He'll be crushed/pummeled/torn apart long before he can pick anything of danger up and apply it in combat. He's just never shown to be very fast.

Originally posted by Lestov16
I doubt this would work, but could Iron Man come up with a plan to paralyze him in glass form?

EDIT: Wait, he gets Anubis's army? IDK how that will go. On one hand, if a desert tribe with swords could hold them off for an extended period, the Avengers should be able to rip through them like wet tissue. On the other hand, they will be endlessly respawning. Again, a while since I've seen the films, but I remember nothing about an infinite spawn ability. No immortality was mentioned on their part (they were explicitly stated to be able to be killed, along with what seems to be a visual decay in their--can we call it "flesh"?) and I don't remember the Scorpion King enabling cheat codes.

Originally posted by Silent Master
No, he was only able to suck the life out of the people who were cursed because they opened the box containing the canopic jars ....it's why in part two they had to trick the mercenaries into opening the container while on the train. He was on the verge of draining Rick at the end of the first movie--he held him up, said "Now it's your turn" and then stretched his jaw out like a snake. I think once he's fully regenerated he's not confined to rules (a la no fear for cats anymore).

jinXed by JaNx
im sure tony stark and Banner could concoct a device that accurately launches cats.

Avengers win

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He was on the verge of draining Rick at the end of the first movie--he held him up, said "Now it's your turn" and then stretched his jaw out like a snake. I think once he's fully regenerated he's not confined to rules (a la no fear for cats anymore).

No he wasn't, that was the same type of face he made when he launched those insects at Rick and Jonathan earlier in the movie.

The only people he ever drained were those in possession of the jars. In fact the second movie had him wait until the mercs opened the container before he drained them.

Lord Lucien
No he wasn't, that was the same type of face he made when he launched those insects at Rick and Jonathan earlier in the movie.

The only people he ever drained were those in possession of the jars. In fact the second movie had him wait until the mercs opened the container before he drained them. Good point. The first film never actually shows him directly draining someone. Though why he would he kill Rick with a barrage of flies when he was already suffocating him is pretty strange. It was only in the second movie we see him stretch his mouth to suck someone off dry.

He's even more ineffectual here than I thought.

Mindset
No, it was after he was back to full power and he was never shown to make new limbs from sand. Except when he made an entirely new body from sand.

Lord Lucien
Aside from transporting himself, when did he do that?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Mindset
Except when he made an entirely new body from sand.

Post the clip.

Mindset
No.

Watch the movie.

juggerman
I'd say Imhotep

jinXed by JaNx
I wonder if Stark and Banner could create a heat source strong enough to burn Imohtep or at least turn him to glass when he is in sand form.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by juggerman
I'd say Imhotep Ha! You would!

Though I don't know why.

Tattoos N Scars
Would it make a difference if Imhotep awoken the Golden Army from Hellboy 2 along with Anubis' army and allied with the Dragon Emperor and his Army?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Dragon Emperor and his Army? Hush! We do not speak that name! That of the film which sucked most bountifully.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.