Gladiator vs Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
No speed blitz, no BFR.
Round 1; vs pre-flashpoint Grundy (his stronger incarnation)
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/6/6f/Solomon_Grundy_003.jpg

Round 2; vs new 52/earth-2 Grundy
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120810183418/marvel_dc/images/b/be/Earth-2-4-grundy.jpg

Omega Vision
Gladiator.

wolverinos
Solomon Grundy

the Darkone
50/50

SevenShackles
How well do the seperate versions of Grundy do here?

h1a8
Gladiator, he's much faster and has bfr options.
Oh! no speed using and no bfr. Who cares then?

Golgo13
With no BFR, Grundy takes it. With, Gladiator better take him into space, so he can be apart from everything. Just like Alan did.

JBL
Gladiator.

juggernaut74
I'd favor Glads myself.

Golgo13
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'd favor Glads myself.

How does Glads beat Grundy with no BFR? He's a team wrecker at best.

Stoic
^ so is Gladiator.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic
^ so is Gladiator.

I doubt Glads can beat Alan Scott or the JSA.

DickBlazer
Grundy too one dimensional.

Glads 8 of 10

Golgo13
Maybe PF Grundy, but DCnU Grundy is the avatar of the Rot.

wolverinos
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Grundy too one dimensional.

Glads 8 of 10

Hulk is also one dimensional, didnt stop him from wrecking gladiator like a step child.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
^ so is Gladiator.

Gladiator's no legit team buster.

carver9
Gladiator wins

ares834
Solomon Grundy wins the first easily.

Glads takes the second.

abhilegend
At his best Grundy tore Amazo apart.

carver9
A lot of people ripped through Amazo. Not that great of a ft.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
A lot of people ripped through Amazo. Not that great of a ft.
Name all of them. Not prototypes ala Batman, no damaged body like when he was installed in Red Tornado and you are good to go. Grundy straight up ripped his head off and then made him flee after Amazo regrew his head.

wolverinos
Solomon Grundy

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Name all of them. Not prototypes ala Batman, no damaged body like when he was installed in Red Tornado and you are good to go. Grundy straight up ripped his head off and then made him flee after Amazo regrew his head.

Flash stabbed through him with a rod. Did you forget to add that to your list. Amazo durability isn't that great. What's wrong with me using the one installed in RT body. He still had the JLA powers, correct?

Blue Area Vet
Gladiator 9/10

Nibedicus
I also recall Black Canary screaming his head off and Black Adam tearing his head off right IIRC. Were those all the same version of Amazon?

SevenShackles
Flash stabbed through him with a rod. Did you forget to add that to your list. Amazo durability isn't that great. What's wrong with me using the one installed in RT body. He still had the JLA powers, correct?

Is stabbing really analog to ripping something's head off?

carver9
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Is stabbing really analog to ripping something's head off?

In this case, yes. Flash stabbed "completely" through him. All the way through.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/244/amazo3ll5.jpg/

wolverinos
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Black Adam tearing his head off right IIRC.

dude... bringing black adam as an example doesnt help here, he is on another level

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by wolverinos
dude... bringing black adam as an example doesnt help here, he is on another level

laughing

That must be one comforting fantasy you've got going there. Call me when BS I mean BA rips apart a star like Gladiator.

Nibedicus

"Another level" as compared to who?

He's placed at mid herald, same as Gladiator and Grundy....

And I wouldn't place his strength at Superman or Hulk's level either.

wolverinos
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
laughing

That must be one comforting fantasy you've got going there. Call me when BS I mean BA rips apart a star like Gladiator.

you are stalking me?
when and where did gladiator rip apart a star? last thing i remember was gladiator punching some rock several times and destroying it.
punching some rock in space became ripping a star in half?

wolverinos
"Another level" as compared to who?

He's placed at mid herald, same as Gladiator and Grundy....

And I wouldn't place his strength at Superman or Hulk's level either.

black adam is a well deserved high herald just like superman and captain marvel.

Nibedicus
black adam is a well deserved high herald just like superman and captain marvel.

Your opinion.

curryman
Gladiator has the means to win, but I wonder whether or not he'll use them.

Your opinion.
An opinion not reflected in the current tier list big grin

h1a8
In this case, yes. Flash stabbed "completely" through him. All the way through.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/244/amazo3ll5.jpg/

Piercing damage has nothing to do with blunt force trauma or ripping damage.
Thor, WW, Hulk, etc can easily be cut and stabbed.
Flash was going super fast to do so (which provides astronomical kinetic energy) along with the science of the IMP too.

Any high herald or trans being would have been stabbed as well.

ares834
Originally posted by ares834
Solomon Grundy wins the first easily.

Glads takes the second.

My bad, thought it said strongest incarnation of Grundy....

Close fight for the first then. Could go either way.

wolverinos
Originally posted by curryman

An opinion not reflected in the current tier list big grin

ha? is there an official tier list published by DC comics? if not then what tier list are you talking about? dont tell me its a one you made up

ares834
ha? is there an official tier list published by DC comics? if not then what tier list are you talking about? dont tell me its a one you made up

Nope, better. The one KMC made up... roll eyes (sarcastic)

curryman

1 - Why would DC use a term like "herald" to describe power-levels? It's KMC-specific.

2 - Have you been using that term without knowing about the tier list?/having no idea what you're talking about?

3 - Here; http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html

wolverinos
1 - Why would DC use a term like "herald" to describe power-levels? It's KMC-specific.

2 - Have you been using that term without knowing about the tier list?/having no idea what you're talking about?

3 - Here; http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html

so basically its a tier list made by KMC members? and you use it to decline someone else opinion? wtf?

i know perfectly fine what a herald and trans means in terms of KMC and terms of comic book community.

as for black adam and tier lists, he is a well deserved team wrecker, gone up easily against high heralds and teams consisting of low - mid heralds.
the guy is easily a high herald and there were some very good arguments people made over the web that were trying to put black adam as low trans.

curryman
so basically its a tier list made by KMC members? and you use it to decline someone else opinion? wtf?

i know perfectly fine what a herald and trans means in terms of KMC and terms of comic book community.

as for black adam and tier lists, he is a well deserved team wrecker, gone up easily against high heralds and teams consisting of low - mid heralds.
the guy is easily a high herald and there were some very good arguments people made over the web that were trying to put black adam as low trans.

I didn't use the list to decline your opinion, but when you're on KMC and you claim that someone is a certain rank in a matter-of-factly way, then it should be reflected in the list. If not, then he isn't. He might be in your opinion, but he ain't on the list.

How do you know what it means? You had never seen the list before, how do you know what KMC members put into the definition of high herald. You've been here a couple of days.

You're ignoring several factors here;

- Context behind those fights.
- The intent of those Adam's facing.
- Adam's power-level at those times.
- What goes into being a high herald.

Which site has used "Low trans" ? And what do the opinion of other comic-book boards mean here?

ares834
Using KMC tier list as an argument is awful. Debate off feats, accolades, etc not some fan-made tier list.

curryman
Using KMC tier list as an argument is awful. Debate off feats, accolades, etc not some fan-made tier list.

No one's using it as an argument.

Saying he can't go around claiming Black Adam is listed as high herald, 'cause he ain't.

ares834
Where did he say BA is listed as a high herald? Rather he said BA is a high herald. Which he is BTW.

curryman
Where did he say BA is listed as a high herald? Rather he said BA is a high herald. Which he is BTW.

Prove it.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by h1a8
Flash was going super fast to do so (which provides astronomical kinetic energy) along with the science of the IMP too.

IMP had nothing to do with this "feat".

wolverinos
I didn't use the list to decline your opinion, but when you're on KMC and you claim that someone is a certain rank in a matter-of-factly way, then it should be reflected in the list. If not, then he isn't. He might be in your opinion, but he ain't on the list.

How do you know what it means? You had never seen the list before, how do you know what KMC members put into the definition of high herald. You've been here a couple of days.

You're ignoring several factors here;

- Context behind those fights.
- The intent of those Adam's facing.
- Adam's power-level at those times.
- What goes into being a high herald.

Which site has used "Low trans" ? And what do the opinion of other comic-book boards mean here?

you were mocking my opinion by stating it doesnt suit the list which was made up by posters.

using a list made up by users like yourself is laughable.
people should read up comics, look at the feats and decide themselves at what class the character is.
black adam is a well known and respected team wrecker, aside of that matching superman and captain marvel, flying thru spectre, ripping off amazos head with the GL ring, one shotting power girl with a thunderclap.... those are at least high herald feats right there.
and by the way, the level list is perfectly stating that someone that wrecks teams of heralds can easily be considered a low trance level being.
i personally see black adam as high herald but just saying.

i have been on KMC for couple of days as a member, but i read comics forums for some time, and i know how the overall comics community ranks the characters and by what criterias.
i didnt know however that the members here not only made a definition list to the ranks, but also placed characters.
anyway as i pointed out earlier, using a list made by users is laughable, you should read the comics and make up your own mind, you are not a parrot.

- context behind those fights? black adam just kicked some ass, unless you want to enlighted me about something?

- intent of those adam facing? fighting him, and no they didnt want to get hurt and no they were not holding back after he punched their friends guts out right infront of their eyes.

- adams power level at those times? his average kick ass mode

- what goes into being a high herald? i think the fact he matches high heralds such as superman and captain marvel daily, wrecking teams of heralds by himself, being able to fly thru spectre like a bullet and taking him down,ripping hawkgirls wings, thunder clapping power girl with easy,ripping amazos head while he has a GL ring, and many more showings at those levels clearly put black adam easily at a high herald level at least.

Nibedicus
@wolverinos: I ended my argument with "your opinion" (OTHER THAN the fact that it IS exactly that, your opinion) because this thread is not the place to debate about Black Adam as he is not in the thread title.

ares834
Prove it.

He routinely hangs with Superman, has devastated teams, easily beaten J'onn...

Ultimately both BA and CM have always been portrayed as near equals to Superman.

Now if we are talking about nu52 Adam then, yeah, he is no high herald.

Blue Area Vet

I'll give him mid tranny.

curryman
He routinely hangs with Superman, has devastated teams, easily beaten J'onn...

Ultimately both BA and CM have always been portrayed as near equals to Superman.

Now if we are talking about nu52 Adam then, yeah, he is no high herald.

You're making the same mistake Wolverinos did earlier, by ignoring the context surrounding those team-fights. You're also probably trying to credit WW3 to normal-power Adam.

Yes, and I think they are near-equal to Superman in many respects, and can probably stalemate him in fights. Doesn't really mean that they would go into the high-herald tier.

Almost all of the mid-heralds are nigh-equals to the high herald guys. There's more to the tier than that.

Blue Area Vet
You're also probably trying to credit WW3 to normal-power Adam.

Wolverinos has claimed he was at normal levels about three times today.

ares834
Yes, and I think they are near-equal to Superman in many respects, and can probably stalemate him in fights. Doesn't really mean that they would go into the high-herald tier.

Almost all of the mid-heralds are nigh-equals to the high herald guys. There's more to the tier than that.

No, there really isn't. Tier is determined by a character's power. If BA's is nearly equal to Superman than why wouldn't he be high herald?

And no, the mid heralds aren't equal to high heralds.

Blue Area Vet
I honestly don't see the argument for Grundy. So many times I see posters here claiming how characters with the "Superman set" are superior to tank characters and EP based characters. Well guess what? Grundy is a tank. Furthermore, he does not have the strength feats of a Gladiator, so what exactly is the argument?

curryman
No, there really isn't. Tier is determined by a character's power. If BA's is nearly equal to Superman than why wouldn't he be high herald?

And no, the mid heralds aren't equal to high heralds.

lmao, if a tier was equal to nothing more than a character's combat-performance or flat-out power, it would be looking very different.

Many, many of the mid-heralds have legit wins against high heralds. Like Thor's never really stood a chance against Kurse, but Kurse's still in mid-herald. Light's in low despite his destruction of Kyle Rayner, etc.

Not to mention The General...

High heralds are generally capable of performing out of their tier. Their histories ridden with insane feats and so on. You claim Black Adam's almost equal to Superman? Maybe when they fight.

Try a featwar.

Nibedicus
lmao, if a tier was equal to nothing more than a character's combat-performance or flat-out power, it would be looking very different.

Many, many of the mid-heralds have legit wins against high heralds. Like Thor's never really stood a chance against Kurse, but Kurse's still in mid-herald. Light's in low despite his destruction of Kyle Rayner, etc.

Not to mention The General...

High heralds are generally capable of performing out of their tier. Their histories ridden with insane feats and so on. You claim Black Adam's almost equal to Superman? Maybe when they fight.

Try a featwar.

thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I honestly don't see the argument for Grundy. So many times I see posters here claiming how characters with the "Superman set" are superior to tank characters and EP based characters. Well guess what? Grundy is a tank. Furthermore, he does not have the strength feats of a Gladiator, so what exactly is the argument?

As avatar of the Grey, he was almost unstoppable except for BFR. He was getting cut up and reformed thanks to the Grey. He was pretty much killing the planet and anything in it's way. He would kill Gladiator, IMO.

ares834

"This is a GENERAL power listing. We don't care how fast, how versatile or how strong your favourite character is; it's an averaging out of power."

It's based on average power, not just one win. And Black Adam routinely operates at the level. He's humiliated J'onn, stalemated Superman a few times, devastated the teen titans, beaten Kyle Rayner, etc...

Meanwhile, BA really doesn't have any low end feats that lower his average.

Try a featwar.

Some do, yes, but not all. Majestic, for example, doesn't really do anything beyond your average high herald.

curryman
"This is a GENERAL power listing. We don't care how fast, how versatile or how strong your favourite character is; it's an averaging out of power.".
Yes. More than just VS matchups.

It's based on average power, not just one win. And Black Adam routinely operates at the level. He's humiliated J'onn, stalemated Superman a few times, devastated the teen titans, beaten Kyle Rayner, etc...
- This is not something a mid-herald couldn't accomplish.
- Everyone has beaten Kyle Rayner at one point. Dr.Light, Major Force, Majestic, Alexander Nero, Nefaria etc.
- This applies to most of the villains in mid-herald.. The General, Probes, Kurse,

Meanwhile, BA really doesn't have any low end feats that lower his average.
BA has lows.

Some do, yes, but not all. Majestic, for example, doesn't really do anything beyond your average high herald.
Majestic has tooled other heralds plenty of times.

It's about more than versus fights. Notice where Wolverine, Captain America and Batman are placed?

ares834
Yes. More than just VS matchups.

It's based on feats. Sure, BA may not have any memorable lifting feats but vs feats are just as applicable.

- This is not something a mid-herald couldn't accomplish.
- Everyone has beaten Kyle Rayner at one point. Dr.Light, Major Force, Majestic, Alexander Nero, Nefaria etc.
- This applies to most of the villains in mid-herald.. The General, Probes, Kurse,

The difference is BA averagely operates at this level. These aren't one time things for him.

And yes, I have plenty of problems with the rest of the tier listing here. For example, Ultron being listed as a low herald is absolutely criminal.

Majestic has tooled other heralds plenty of times.

So has BA.

SevenShackles
I'm confused why black Adam is even being argued in here .. But I also don't understand how he isn't considered high herald..

Back on track, the stronger incarnations might be tanks but have been able to fight dudes like captain marvel and reform themselves like when grundy fought Amazo. Earth 2 grundy being a beast of similar nature and better overall articulation.

curryman
It's based on feats. Sure, BA may not have any memorable lifting feats but vs feats are just as applicable.

Not a lot of power-showings either.

Hardly anything but VS feats.

The difference is BA averagely operates at this level. These aren't one time things for him.
As opposed to the General, Kurse and Imperiex Probe who also operate on that level on average?

And yes, I have plenty of problems with the rest of the tier listing here. For example, Ultron being listed as a low herald is absolutely criminal.
Ok.

It's been open for move like once since I joined this forum, better wait.

Marvel characters are popular, he'll move soon enough.

abhilegend
Flash has some retarded feat, stabbing through Amazo isn't so hard to believe.

No, he didn't have the durability of leaguers.

Blue Area Vet

Why is it retarded?

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

Golgo13

He found the right frequency, right? Not that retarded.

-Pr-

lol.

Seriously though, stop lowballing.

carver9

Don't get your point in the retarded ft comment. Like I've stated, Amazo doesn't have the durability most think he have. Flash stabbing him as easily as he did proves this (hope this isnt lowballing)

wolverinos
Don't get your point in the retarded ft comment. Like I've stated, Amazo doesn't have the durability most think he have. Flash stabbing him as easily as he did proves this (hope this isnt lowballing)

amazo being stabbed by Flash running at him = amazo crappy durability? bangin

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
He found the right frequency, right? Not that retarded. He accelerated an 800 pound chunk of uranium to mach 9, and rammed it through Amazo's shoulder. But who cares? Amazo tanked punches from Superman and Dianna in that very same comic.

-Pr-

It is.

h1a8
IMP had nothing to do with this "feat". you could be right provided flash wasn't going near the speed of light.

But still piercing durability has nothing to do with blunt force durability in comics. WW, Thor, Hulk, Thanos, etc can all be cut but they can take some serious blunt force.

ODG
Originally posted by Galan007
He accelerated an 800 pound chunk of uranium to mach 9, and rammed it through Amazo's shoulder. But who cares? Amazo tanked punches from Superman and Dianna in that very same comic. Which fight is this?

Galan007
JLA #23.

ODG
^ Morrison/Waid or Meltzer/McDuffie JLA?

Galan007
The latter. JLA v4, I guess it would be.

Nibedicus
you could be right provided flash wasn't going near the speed of light.

facepalm

"could" be right?

"provided" flash wasn't going near light speed?

Do you even read the damned scans before posting?? The speed is written right there......

But still piercing durability has nothing to do with blunt force durability in comics. WW, Thor, Hulk, Thanos, etc can all be cut but they can take some serious blunt force.

As I made no comment whatsoever to warrant the reply above, I'm gonna chalk this whacko reply up to you talking to yourself. Would explain a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.