john carpenter) THE THING Vs X MEN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheDarkestKing1
_(john carpenter) THE thing Vs X MEN

The UFO crash into the city_then_
The Thing starts in a rural area far from civilization and can't imitate animals under 15cm, microorganisms, or plants. It can however assimilate and imitate any kind of organism that's not under the restrictions. It gets one day before discovery by humans.

_X men finds out about The Thing 7 days after the 8 human victim, And Now they must face the thing that have already gain half of humans of their city. They must stop the thing before it spread more futher cross the world.

Can the x men stop the thing? __

Here another problems_The Things, 1 day is plenty of time to infect many organisms that could infiltrate cities and villages. Not to mention that it could infiltrate animals that are food supplies.

So how would X men keep up on facing the problems of the Thing

This gotta be biggest Tasks for X MEN._

You can bring any members of X men (current or formers)

TheDarkestKing1
I gotta say this wOuld be epic crossover

This gotta be my epic thread to date smile

BruceSkywalker
Jean Grey/Phoenix solos..

wolverine solos ..

TheDarkestKing1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

wolverine solos ..

Jean gray is not allow to use Phoenix.

Explain how Wolverine solo?

The thing has healing factor that only way to stop it is to burn it.

SevenShackles
Current or former members? Sunfire Solos. The thing had a bad habit of burning and then dying.

wolverine solos ..

How does Wolverine Solo? no expression

COG Veteran
Negative, Wolvie does not solo, thing cannot be killed by chopping it up only by flames. I believe the thing has too much too work with from the start. By the time the x-men realize the gravity of the situation, half of them may already be imitations.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Negative, Wolvie does not solo, thing cannot be killed by chopping it up only by flames. I believe the thing has too much too work with from the start. By the time the x-men realize the gravity of the situation, half of them may already be imitations.

My question is can it assimilate their powers and use them for its own purpose?

Other than sunfire I can see the following x men being useful.
Magneto, Joseph (magneto clone), Vulcan, havok, chamber, Polaris, magik, juggernaut colossus (I think the gem would protect him from being absorbed), iceman, storm, Lockheed & kitty, xorn, danger, omega sentinel, Armor, magma, warlock, sunpyre (half sister to sunfire, I forget if she actually was an 'x-men'), dust, hellion, elixir (might repel it), mercury, legion, kid gladiator, mimic and weapon omega (dark x-men) emma frost and cyclops with control of his optic output. Never mind Phoenix.

NemeBro
Iceman ****ing solos lol.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Current or former members? Sunfire Solos. The thing had a bad habit of burning and then dying.

How does Wolverine Solo? no expression

With his jobber aura, he's Jobberine

SevenShackles
Originally posted by StealthRanger
With his jobber aura, he's Jobberine
Now I picture this fight ending like this..
http://www.thehiredguns.com/blogs/files/2013/02/wolverine-explosion.jpg

Jobberine comin right at ya!
http://www.nickmarino.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wolverine-superman-764.gif

Yamcha
Couldn't Xavier simply like do a mind sweep and locate it? After that I'm pretty sure they could use the phoenix force gun, I believe Hank (aka Beast) developed it so I don't see why it's not an option. Although I feel bad, Wolvie will have to fire it again sad...but he'd make the brave sacrifice. I think it would bring enough fire to the table to put it down, it rips you apart at a subatomic level.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps3d1b2213.jpg

Yamcha
It's not Jean Grey using the phoenix and it's not without them losing a member, so I feel it's a fair option but I'm pretty confident as I said it could put The Thing down. Here's the damage it can do.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps20e99fa9.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps1b6892a2.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps3e2a1baf.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsc6646ac4.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsa543eca5.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps71a4dd1c.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps8c3d5121.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps1bd03b4c.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps63dc5153.jpg

TheDarkestKing1
Hey Yamcha

Did Logan really die???

SevenShackles
@Yamcha

idk if that will work. It took down one huge structure but were talking about dozens of individuals pread threw out a city. Unless they all came together and formed a building sized nightmare fuel creature then it wouldn't work... And I don't think it would do that since assimilation and stealth were its main two tactics and a smart way to possibly take down some x-men.

Little girl is crying for her mother... Night crawler teleports in and tries to help the child. She could be alone or for added effect have monsters around her so night crawler would pick her up.. Then the little girl grows a giant mouth and bites him.. Or simply hugs him and skin to skin contact starts to absorb him with tentacles giving him a death grip so he can't shake her off all that easily. Something like that I can see happening.

COG Veteran
the biggest problem the team would face is nit knowing who is an imitation. Time is on its side. I dont think a mind sweep would work as this thing perfectly imitates the personal memories and personality of its victims. it doesn't necessarily have a true form and can be easily killed in open combat so long as you have enough flame.

Yamcha
Originally posted by TheDarkestKing1
Hey Yamcha

Did Logan really die??? Yeah but Spiderman finds a way to bring him back with a cosmic cube and right when Wolverine was meeting with his mother in the afterlife, Logan is infuriated upon return and attacks Parker for bringing him back to life cause he was finally at peace cause his suffering was over.

Yamcha
@Yamcha

idk if that will work. It took down one huge structure but were talking about dozens of individuals pread threw out a city. Unless they all came together and formed a building sized nightmare fuel creature then it wouldn't work... And I don't think it would do that since assimilation and stealth were its main two tactics and a smart way to possibly take down some x-men.

Little girl is crying for her mother... Night crawler teleports in and tries to help the child. She could be alone or for added effect have monsters around her so night crawler would pick her up.. Then the little girl grows a giant mouth and bites him.. Or simply hugs him and skin to skin contact starts to absorb him with tentacles giving him a death grip so he can't shake her off all that easily. Something like that I can see happening. Well I mean if all else fails they could just aim it at the Ground xD....that structure was actually Ego the living planet but when Doom was on his death bed he found a way to shove his consciousness into Ego and take it over, as Parker puts it "The only thing big enough to actually contain Dooms ego..an entire planet" http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps838e64ff.jpg

so they could just planet bust the world if it's down to one of them vs the world xD. Out of character though I know stick out tongue

I get what you're saying, I didn't know there was a sequel where there was multiples of them. I still am perplexed why Xavier couldn't do a mind sweep once they know the situation, like isn't he a potential life wiper through TK? An I'd consider him part of the X-Men :0. I mean honestly while Fire is awesome for killing it, I'd assume TK would be their best bet at first and with the options to have higher tiers like God-Cable or Nate Grey I feel like it isn't totally one sided but then again like I said I never saw the sequel so idk if they have counter measures to that, I just figured it'd be a good way for them to locate them, cause by no means am I saying they win with every member alive, but considering the powerhouses throughout the HISTORY of the X-Men they have some Omega levels who aren't pushovers in any way shape or form :0. I just wouldn't be so quick to count mutant kind out is all I'm saying.

BruceSkywalker

positive Wolverine does solo... lololololol.. don't see how The Thing isn't susceptible to being sliced, slashed and diced up

Yamcha
Originally posted by Yamcha
I get what you're saying, I didn't know there was a sequel where there was multiples of them. I still am perplexed why Xavier couldn't do a mind sweep once they know the situation, like isn't he a potential life wiper through TK? I hate myself, I totally meant TP, apologies I'm in a hurry atm haha.

AuraAngel
The Thing really can create perfect copies to the point where the Thing doesn't even realize it is a copy.

That said I would pick the X-Men pretty easily. They'll figure out something.

Phanteros
positive Wolverine does solo... lololololol.. don't see how The Thing isn't susceptible to being sliced, slashed and diced up Slicing it up will just make the problems worse as now he runs the risk of fighting multiple things and potential to be infected by the blood that will splatter. Wolverine isn't soloing it. however fire users like gambit, magma and some others will be more effective

COG Veteran
positive Wolverine does solo... lololololol.. don't see how The Thing isn't susceptible to being sliced, slashed and diced up

Have you seen The Thing? Each cell is an independent organism capable of taking over an entity and creating a perfect imitation from the inside out. When Wolvie slices it, if even one cell gets onto him, he's screwed. Chopping it up won't work, you'll just make more monsters.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by AuraAngel
The Thing really can create perfect copies to the point where the Thing doesn't even realize it is a copy.

That said I would pick the X-Men pretty easily. They'll figure out something.

That part where you said it won't realize its a copy is pulled from thin air. That was never hinted at or mentioned in the movies. It knows what it is but keeps "hidden" until its ready to strike.

SevenShackles
That part where you said it won't realize its a copy is pulled from thin air. That was never hinted at or mentioned in the movies. It knows what it is but keeps "hidden" until its ready to strike.

Yeah the fact it knows what it is means that anyone that can peak into its mind will know what it really is.. My only concern in that is the whole 'every part of it is alive' like a separate thing (blood running away. Limbs escaping danger by breaking off and becoming its own 'thing').. If they are alive like a collective then does that mean it all thinks? How much information is really bouncing around in there? Doesn't mean finding out what or who it is will be any harder I'm just curious how that would work and if that would be enough to make some sort of static to perhaps not telegraph all it's moves and intentions. Some sort of anti tp defensive type fake out it might or might not be capable of.

NemeBro
positive Wolverine does solo... lololololol.. don't see how The Thing isn't susceptible to being sliced, slashed and diced up Are you serious?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you serious?
Fr srsly?

COG Veteran
Yeah the fact it knows what it is means that anyone that can peak into its mind will know what it really is.. My only concern in that is the whole 'every part of it is alive' like a separate thing (blood running away. Limbs escaping danger by breaking off and becoming its own 'thing').. If they are alive like a collective then does that mean it all thinks? How much information is really bouncing around in there? Doesn't mean finding out what or who it is will be any harder I'm just curious how that would work and if that would be enough to make some sort of static to perhaps not telegraph all it's moves and intentions. Some sort of anti tp defensive type fake out it might or might not be capable of.

This is where the debate gets interesting. It may have been in the book where a character stated that this thing may have visited a thousand planets and imitated thousands of life forms. We don't really know what the hell its capable of mentally. it was flying a frickin space ship so we can assume that its smarter than a person but to what extent, we don't know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.