Deathstroke comes to Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who would he be the best villain for?

Heros

Punisher

or

Wolverine

or

Gambit

or

Spider-Man

or

Moon Knight

or

Captain America

or

Shang Chi

SevenShackles
http://d28xlskrkqci73.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/deathstroke_25304.nphd_.png
Honestly I can see him doing well as a shares villain for all of them. Mostly captain America and Spider-Man.
Wolverine has a rouge gallery full of guys of his kind and it would be in interesting to constantly see them at each other.. Slade would make Moonknight relevant and more interesting so I'd like to see them fight with Moonknight at the obvious disadvantage.
Spider-Man has a crap load of super powered foes but seeing him being schooled by a true pro while being able to avoid Slades more nasty tricks and weapons without it seeming like they are holding Slade back would be great. Seeing porkers spider sense only barely save his skin or from a fatal wound is always fun opposed to it saving him from nearly everything without damage.

Punisher is out classed and that in itself would make for a good read, same with gambit to a much lesser extent.
Punisher going back and forth with Slade while on the run would be sweet. His only way to get Slade off his back is to kill who hired hm type of storyline.

srankmissingnin
He spends all his time getting tooled by Nightwing in DC, so... I guess Moon Knight?

Mindset
Spiderman, because everyone else will just kill him.

ares834
Captain America

srankmissingnin
Right now Spider-man would kill him too. lol

SevenShackles
Bah! the lack of faith in Slade and his potential is sad.

Mindset
Good point.

Just feed him to Punisher then.

Golgo13
Originally posted by SevenShackles

It's the Srank effect. eek!

srankmissingnin

When all you do is lose to Nightwing and Arsenal it doesn't garner a whole lot of good will. Unless you are NamorSubby and Golgo, then simply being a DC character is enough to win every fight. cool

Golgo13
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
When all you do is lose to Nightwing and Arsenal it doesn't garner a whole lot of good will. Unless you are NamorSubby and Golgo, then simply being a DC character is enough to win every fight. cool

It's not my fault Marvel characters are generally weaker than DC's. smokin'

srankmissingnin
Off your meds again, I see. It breaks my heart.

Mindset
Prep-Man, fight me irl.

I dare you.

Golgo13
Don't act like you care.

sneer

Golgo13
Originally posted by Mindset
Prep-Man, fight me irl.

I dare you.

I am a man of peace. stick out tongue

Mindset
I'm not, and we both know that.

tommyface

Rage.Of.Olympus
Unless entering Marvel gets him some sort of upgrade in power, he's not lasting very long as a reoccurring villain for guys like Wolverine if he takes the direct approach and pisses them off.

Mindset
He could be a Thor villain.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Spiderman, because everyone else will just kill him. I like the way you think

namorsubby
When all you do is lose to Nightwing and Arsenal it doesn't garner a whole lot of good will. Unless you are NamorSubby and Golgo, then simply being a DC character is enough to win every fight. cool Slade lowballing at its most obsessive and pathetic. Tsk, tsk.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Unless entering Marvel gets him some sort of upgrade in power, he's not lasting very long as a reoccurring villain for guys like Wolverine if he takes the direct approach and pisses them off. Hes fought much more powerful characters in close combat so idk about that. Do we only consider slades low end here on kmc? Seems like it.

If he was a villain to any of the said characters itd be a great thing to see. Villians plot against heroes and usually have prep. We already know what Slade can do with that. It would make him extremely dangerous as a foe to all of the characters above.

carver9
From the fights I've seen lately regarding Slade, he seems to run and dodge beings that is inferior to Wolverine. Don't think Slade would last long tbh...against any of them.

namorsubby
So he can fight the justice league, outsiders, various titans teams, etc with prep but he couldn't last long against INDIVIDUAL characters as a villian? Strange....

SevenShackles
Originally posted by namorsubby
So he can fight the justice league, outsiders, various titans teams, etc with prep but he couldn't last long against INDIVIDUAL characters as a villian? Strange....
thumb up

carver9
Prepped battles.

Zack Fair
Dem marvelites.

ares834
Eh, Slade can give several of these guys fights.

namorsubby
Originally posted by carver9
Prepped battles.

If he was a villain to any of the said characters itd be a great thing to see. Villians plot against heroes and usually have prep. We already know what Slade can do with that. It would make him extremely dangerous as a foe to all of the characters above.

Sixth_Winged
Captain America. Simply will be the greatest most exciting skirmishes there ever will be in MU.

golem370
Hawkeye would be a good match for him?

abhilegend
Its srank effect.

golem370
Is Slade the Batman of DC villains?

Estacado
The level of dickridin Marvel characters get on KMC is awesome.....

golem370
Like Batman gets lol I mean there are people out there who think Batman could beat Superman which is crazy

janus77
Rhino. He would be a good match.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Golgo13
It's not my fault Marvel characters are generally weaker than DC's. smokin'

It's definitely your fault for dreaming that. laughing out loud

What I don't understand is if you truly believe D.C. characters are stronger, how come you keep trotting out Marvel D.C. matches in which you stack the D.C. deck? I sense some insecurity. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Golgo13
IOriginally posted by Blue Area Vet
It's definitely your fault for dreaming that.

Its no dream, my friend. cool

Blue Area Vet
I

Its no dream, my friend. cool

It is. D.C. Universe is just on a massive never ending ego trip.

pym-ftw
I'd like Stroke to annihilate Hobgoblin and Lady Bullseye, then proceed to get destroyed by Kp.

I'd make him a Luke Cage rogue

golem370
How about a New Warriors team or Marvel Knights

pym-ftw
Most of the New Warriors are dead but I wouldn't mind a new team being built around Justice & Speedball

Especially the academy kids Mettle, Hazmat & Reptil

golem370
I think low level metas for that team imo

Vanguard
Unless entering Marvel gets him some sort of upgrade in power, he's not lasting very long as a reoccurring villain for guys like Wolverine if he takes the direct approach and pisses them off.

He wears Nth metal, he's superior to everyone on that list except Spiderman. Im tired of saying this.

SamZED
Originally posted by golem370
Like Batman gets lol I mean there are people out there who think Batman could beat Superman which is crazy Don't know anyone on KMC who seriously thinks that. On the other hand there are people who seriously believe that Cap beats Aquaman. In other words:

Originally posted by Estacado
The level of dickridin Marvel characters get on KMC is awesome.....

Mindset
Originally posted by Estacado
The level of dickridin Marvel characters get on KMC is awesome..... You can't be serious...

Mindset
Originally posted by SamZED
Don't know anyone on KMC who seriously thinks that. On the other hand there are people who seriously believe that Cap beats Aquaman. In other words: That has nothing to do with Cap and everything to do with AM being shit.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SamZED
Don't know anyone on KMC who seriously thinks that. On the other hand there are people who seriously believe that Cap beats Aquaman. In other words:
Any marvel street character can beat every DC street character. Don't you know that?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Any marvel street character can beat every DC street character. Don't you know that?

This man knows what he is talking about. thumb up

SevenShackles
The low balling of Deathstroke here is seriously unamusing.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff287/allymemories/unamused.gif
Unamusing indeed. no expression

wolverinos
yes indeed DC characters get no love over here.
people actually believe thor can beat superman ...

SevenShackles
Originally posted by wolverinos
yes indeed DC characters get no love over here.
people actually believe thor can beat superman ...
Oh god.. Why did you even bring that up? I so hope this doesn't get derailed into another 'Thor vs superman' discussion. sick

wolverinos

can this guy be any more biased towards marvel? oh yes he can with thinking thor can take superman and black adam...

SevenShackles
In a comic Deathstroke must lose to someone. (Was a teen titans villain so he lost to night wing and arsenal) If he was given to marvel and they decided to put him in the comics of those listed in this thread then sure he will most likely lose to them (its his job more or less with being the 'bad guy') but he makes them work for it if not need to be taken down by plot device (possibly due to having to get around his his nth armor)

on a forum his shown potential and capability should count for a lot more. no expression

carver9
His recent fights doesn't give any indication that be can hang with someone like Woverine.

SevenShackles
His recent fights doesn't give any indication that be can hang with someone like Woverine.
I personally don't think he would be a good match with wolverine for anything beyond a short scuffle or a drinking buddy.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Vanguard
He wears Nth metal, he's superior to everyone on that list except Spiderman. Im tired of saying this.

His Nth metal armor sucks. I'm tired of telling you that, and you just ignoring it. It's been broken already on panel... numerous times. It can't stop point blank small arms fire nor a katana. So why does Slade having Nth metal armor mater? Why even bring it up? It's COMPLETELY irrelevant. His Nth metal armor is LESS impressive than his Prometheum armor was pre boot... and that armor got broken all the time too. So why do you keep pretending like it matters? Because "Nth metal!!!!! Zomg duuuuuuuuuuuuuuur!!!"? Seriously... get your shit together.

No one who loses to Nightwing or Aresnal straight up can beat any of the characters mentioned in this thread. cool

SevenShackles
His Nth metal armor sucks. I'm tired of telling you that, and you just ignoring it. It's been broken already on panel... numerous times. It can't stop point blank small arms fire nor a katana. So why does Slade having Nth metal armor mater? Why even bring it up? It's COMPLETELY irrelevant. His Nth metal armor is LESS impressive than his Prometheum armor was pre boot... and that armor got broken all the time too. So why do you keep pretending like it matters? Because "Nth metal!!!!! Zomg duuuuuuuuuuuuuuur!!!"? Get your shit together.

No one who loses to Nightwing or Aresnal straight up can beat any of the characters mentioned in this thread. cool
Lmao! Honestly I would want Marvel to take Deathstroke just so they can depict his Armor right. Hell they can take the nth metal away from him and give him carbonadium Armor and he would do better.

srankmissingnin
Lmao! Honestly I would want Marvel to take Deathstroke just so they can depict his Armor right. Hell they can take the nth metal away from him and give him carbonadium Armor and he would do better.

Seriously. I don't know how editorial lets this shit happen.

Still a certain group of people try to hype the armor even though we've seen in break on panel more than once, from numerous sources, from class 2 strength, to a snub nose revolver to knives and katana. Pretending like it affords him any sort of discernible protection is as absurd... we've seen that it doesn't. What else is there to say?

ares834
Originally posted by wolverinos
can this guy be any more biased towards marvel? oh yes he can with thinking thor can take superman and black adam...

Deathstroke would get killed by Wolverine though...

carver9
His Nth metal armor sucks. I'm tired of telling you that, and you just ignoring it. It's been broken already on panel... numerous times. It can't stop point blank small arms fire nor a katana. So why does Slade having Nth metal armor mater? Why even bring it up? It's COMPLETELY irrelevant. His Nth metal armor is LESS impressive than his Prometheum armor was pre boot... and that armor got broken all the time too. So why do you keep pretending like it matters? Because "Nth metal!!!!! Zomg duuuuuuuuuuuuuuur!!!"? Seriously... get your shit together.

Love Deathstroke but his armor isn't what people make it put to be.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Deathstroke91/media/Deathstroke_18_TheGroup-008.jpg.html

srankmissingnin
Love Deathstroke but his armor isn't what people make it put to be.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Deathstroke91/media/Deathstroke_18_TheGroup-008.jpg.html

Some people are too busy 'stroking out when ever they see Deathstroke to actually pay attention and read what is happening in his appearances.

Omega Vision
You're looking at it from a forum warrior perspective, not from a realistic one. Realistically, Deathstroke is written to be a threat (defeatable or not) to anyone he's matched against. His history supports this. If he's used as a Dick Grayson foe, Dick Grayson can fight him one on one, but if he's being used as a Teen Titans foe he's suddenly treating Grayson like an annoyance while he puts Gorilla-form Beast Boy into a headlock and snipes Starfire out of the sky at the same time. It would be the same in Marvel because that's how comics are written. If anything Deathstroke coming to Marvel would be good for him, because Marvel seems to have more interest in low metas than DC, so Slade's power level would probably be better defined. Unless someone like Bendis wrote him...

SevenShackles
No one would be able to afford the money Slade would ask for to even think of fighting wolverine. He is a professional and a businessman, I'd like to think Slade would avoid Logan on any official capacity and seriously hate running into the guy in some sort of 'random encounter' and most likely wouldn't seriously go at him If he had the choice. (Retreat.. not getting paid enough to scrap with logan) If Slade was to go after wolverine it would be with tons and tons and tons of prep and even help.

h1a8

Heros

Punisher

or

Wolverine

or

Gambit

or

Spider-Man

or

Moon Knight

or

Captain America

or

Shang Chi
With prep Slade
Kills Cap, Shang Chi, Moon Knight, Gambit, and Punisher

has serious problems with Wolverine and Spider-man due to their senses

curryman
Deathstroke would make a great villain for the (old) New Mutants.

Vanguard

You're thinking about his armor defensively. While I think about it offensively and defensively. Because that's how it functions. Every time you discount the offensive abilities of the armor (enhancing his strength and other abilities) you show your stupidity and continue to prove that I'm smarter. You don't see the whole picture.

srankmissingnin
You're thinking about his armor defensively. While I think about it offensively and defensively. Because that's how it functions. Every time you discount the offensive abilities of the armor (enhancing his strength and other abilities) you show your stupidity and continue to prove that I'm smarter. You don't see the whole picture.

What offensive abilities? Even with the Nth metal amp, Deathstroke's attributes - strength, speed and healing factor - are all inferior to his pre 52 levels. There is no on panel documentation that supports the notion that Deathstroke with Nth metal armor is better than he was pre-boot... because he isn't. He doesn't have the feats to support the notion that Nth metal armor makes even the slightest difference.

Enjoy the taste of your foot in your mouth. laughing

Golgo13
What offensive abilities? Even with the Nth metal amp, Deathstroke's attributes - strength, speed and healing factor - are all inferior to his pre 52 levels. There is no on panel documentation that supports the notion that Deathstroke with Nth metal armor is better than he was pre-boot... because he isn't. He doesn't have the feats to support the notion that Nth metal armor makes even the slightest difference.

Enjoy the taste of your foot in your mouth. laughing

When has Slade endured a fight with Lobo? Or taken a huge bomb ground zero?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
It is. D.C. Universe is just on a massive never ending ego trip.

Huh?

srankmissingnin
When has Slade endured a fight with Lobo? Or taken a huge bomb ground zero?

Nu 52 Lobo! Because that's impressive...

laughing

Golgo13
Nu 52 Lobo! Because that's impressive...

laughing

Nu 52 Lobo is a cosmic force now. A being who exist in multi dimensions. Thanks to Starlin for the explanation.

srankmissingnin
An yet all he has done is get drunk, and pass out. He managed to beat Apollo, but he needed a significant amp to do that.

Golgo13
An yet all he has done is get drunk, and pass out. He managed to beat Apollo, but he needed a significant amp to do that.

They never fought before the amp, so how would you know? Looks like they are carrying the same tradition as old Lobo. Some highs, some lows, because of how he exists in multi dimensions.

Vanguard
Rank, Golgo is sonning you worse than I am. The fact that he kicks people through concrete and twists steel like tin foil and furthermore that Hawkman admitted he was stronger is proof that Nth metal makes him a better offensive fighter.

Mindset
Vanguard, do you even Deathstroke, bro?

srankmissingnin
Rank, Golgo is sonning you worse than I am. The fact that he kicks people through concrete and twists steel like tin foil and furthermore that Hawkman admitted he was stronger is proof that Nth metal makes him a better offensive fighter.

He isn't "sonning" me, but he most certainly is doing better than you are, because Prepman is actual an intelligent and competent poster. Well... when he isn't cooking up spite threads by the dozen.

*sigh*

Hawkman isn't a pandeminsional being with cosmic knowledge of Pre-52 Deathstroke. His statement has nothing to do with how Deathstroke now, relates to Deathstroke before the reboot.. Hawkman doesn't know there was a reboot, never mind what Deathstroke was like before it happened. Kicking people through concrete and bending steel? Am... am I supposed to be impressed? That's street level standard. The only thing we know about 52 Deathstroke is that he wasn't strong enough to even BUDGE the concrete slab that crushed Adeline. Something Captain America would have been able to dead lift above his head with a bit of strain. You arbitrarily giving Deathstroke abilities he doesn't have just makes you look stupid, which is something you don't seem to need to work very hard at.

srankmissingnin
They never fought before the amp, so how would you know? Looks like they are carrying the same tradition as old Lobo. Some highs, some lows, because of how he exists in multi dimensions.

Because nothing prior to the amp suggest he was anywhere near Apollo level.

namorsubby
Its srank effect. apparently his obsessive Slade low balling is contagious

namorsubby
Originally posted by h1a8
With prep Slade
Kills Cap, Shang Chi, Moon Knight, Gambit, and Punisher

has serious problems with Wolverine and Spider-man due to their senses Pretty much this.

Golgo13
Because nothing prior to the amp suggest he was anywhere near Apollo level.

Remember that is a New, NEW Apollo. The original Apollo was wiped out thanks to the Kollective.

And I don't create spite threads.

sneer

Vanguard

Hawkman isn't a pandeminsional being with cosmic knowledge of Pre-52 Deathstroke. His statement has nothing to do with how Deathstroke now, relates to Deathstroke before the reboot.. Hawkman doesn't know there was a reboot, never mind what Deathstroke was like before it happened. Kicking people through concrete and bending steel? Am... am I supposed to be impressed? That's street level standard. The only thing we know about 52 Deathstroke is that he wasn't strong enough to even BUDGE the concrete slab that crushed Adeline. Something Captain America would have been able to dead lift above his head with a bit of strain. You arbitrarily giving Deathstroke abilities he doesn't have just makes you look stupid, which is something you don't seem to need to work very hard at.

Stop writing paragraphs....you suck at it.

pym-ftw
To be fair, Srank isn't wrong.

curryman
Yeah what's with the hate here...

I feel like Srank's posts are hella reasonable.

Golgo13
Well, first off this is a prep battle. Nobody on the list, except for Spider-Man can compete with Slade in tactics. Just my opinion.

Vanguard
Originally posted by curryman
Yeah what's with the hate here...

I feel like Srank's posts are hella reasonable.

There's no hate here. Just disagreement. He tries to lowball Slade whether it's pre or post 52. That's all I'm arguing.

curryman
There's no hate here. Just disagreement. He tries to lowball Slade whether it's pre or post 52. That's all I'm arguing.

I'm kinda getting that vibe also actually stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Remember that is a New, NEW Apollo. The original Apollo was wiped out thanks to the Kollective.

And I don't create spite threads.

sneer

That's right, its the new old Apollo. What a mess.

Don't make me bump some of your threads. evil face

srankmissingnin

I'm not low balling anything. I'm citing things that actually happened on panel. Mean while you are sharing opinions about Nth metal that have been shown to be categorically untrue on panel.

You are high balling, I'm just balling, because that's how I roll. cool

Well, first off this is a prep battle. Nobody on the list, except for Spider-Man can compete with Slade in tactics. Just my opinion.

Nu52 Slade doesn't really have any prep feats to boast over.

pym-ftw
I may be in the minority but I thing Shang could beat stroke.

Mk not so much

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I may be in the minority but I thing Shang could beat stroke.

Mk not so much

If he prepares, he can take Shang, but you could be right. Bronze Tiger did well against Slade (Slade was weakened, but still) and I see Bronze around the same skill level as Shang.

Omega Vision
I'm kinda getting that vibe also actually stick out tongue
Srank lowballs DC characters period.

He's pretty much of the belief that Marvel martial arts are objectively superior to DC martial arts.

SevenShackles

Nu52 Slade doesn't really have any prep feats to boast over.
Only crap your right... Damn.
Well I'll like to believe if marvel got their sticky hands on him they would blend pre-flashpoint and new52 into a new Deathstroke.. A Marvel Deathstroke.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Srank lowballs DC characters period.

He's pretty much of the belief that Marvel martial arts are objectively superior to DC martial arts.

That's not a lowball, that's just the reality of the situation. Marvel's streets are better than DCs. DCs high tier heralds are better than Marvel's. I just don't care enough to debate about high tier heralds.

pym-ftw
How has SRank lowballed Slade in this thread?

namorsubby
That's not a lowball, that's just the reality of the situation. Marvel's streets are better than DCs. DCs high tier heralds are better than Marvel's. I just don't care enough to debate about high tier heralds. Explain the basis of this argument and provide proof.

Omega Vision
Explain the basis of this argument and provide proof.
This should be good.

srankmissingnin
Explain the basis of this argument and provide proof.

Again? I've done it numerous times, just do a forum search.

namorsubby
You've never done that.what that would take is a comparison of every notable street levelers feats in both comic universes, showing a definitive edge to marvel. Its absurd that you make such completely unproven proclamations so boldly.

abhilegend
Just ask how are Marvel's streets better than DC's when Karate Kid's from DC.

srankmissingnin
You've never done that.what that would take is a comparison of every notable street levelers feats in both comic universes, showing a definitive edge to marvel. Its absurd that you make such completely unproven proclamations so boldly.

Actually, I've done it numerous times.

Marvel has larger, more diverse street level rooster than DC does, with a longer history and more prestige. Maybe "more prestige" isn't exactly right, but Marvel has managed to keep the entirety their character's history intact since their inception. Sure they have isolated retcons from time to time, but even before the Nu52-boot DC had decades worth of continuity that simply didn't happen. Hundreds, thousands appearances of characters that no longer mattered.

Street level characters in Marvel get more play than they do in DC; and those characters have more appearances than their DC counter parts do. Lets take a look at the numbers. These are from comicvine, they include a bunch of trades, and foreign language reprints in their numbering, so they aren't 100% accurate but close enough for our purposes.

Marvel Street Level Appearances:

Spider-man: 9675
Wolverine: 9789
Captain America: 6870
Daredevil: 2889
Black Panther: 1565
Deadpool 1248
Punisher: 1778
Iron Fist: 1381
Hawkeye: 2903
Winter Soldier: 1306
Black Widow: 1970
Elektra: 661
Nick Fury: 2837
Shang-Chi: 477
Moon Knight: 763
Gambit: 2936
Psylock: 2687

Total: 51735

DC Street Level Appearances:

Batman: 10097
Catwoman: 1339
Nightwing: 4322
Tim Drake: 1818
Jason Todd: 510
Lady Shiva: 141
Cassandra Cain: 347
Green Arrow: 2267
Barbra Gordon: 1723
Deathstroke: 621
Black Canary: 1882
Katana: 412
Huntress: 632
Arsenal: 1274
Wildcat: 894
Bronze Tiger: 192
Richard Dragon: 67

Total: 28538

That's a pretty significant difference between the two, and I was being generous to DC with some of those character inclusions. I left some notable Marvels off the list and I could start adding freaking White Tiger, The Daughters of the Dragon or Mockingbird based on the fame and quality of some of those DC "namesakes". Again - the Marvel characters don't have their continuity segmented by various large scale reboots. Ignoring alt realities and what ifs, all of those appearances for the Marvel characters still matter. The dearth of comic time DC streets get compared to their Marvel counter parts is big reason why DC streets don't stack up to Marvels... but it isn't the biggest.

The majority of Marvel's streets are super powered in some manner or another and their feats reflect that when compared side by side to their DC counter parts. Each character is also given the opportunity to shine independent of one another. No writer is worrying how what Captain America does might reflect on Punisher, or how Daredevil relates to Shang-Chi they are there own characters, their on franchises with no intrinsic tie to one another for the most part. In DC 90% of streets are part of the Batfamily.

DC's streets largely consists of Batman and a bunch Batman underlings and side characters. He is the anchor and focal point of the DC street level scene and ever other character is shackled to him in how they operate and what sort of feats the can accomplish. A Batman-governor regulating everyone's abilities, keeping everyone in line so the poster boy looks good. Marvel doesn't have that, and if it did, it would be Spider-man... which is obviously a much higher bar to work under.

Marvel's streets have more feats. They have better feats. Why? Because they have more appearances. More of their appearances are in continuity. The majoirty of them have superhuman abilities and physical attributes that allows them to operate on a higher level than the characters in DC do.

DC is the Batman show. In Marvel characters are allowed to exist on their own merit, and they do. It's all pretty elementary. Stronger, Faster, More skilled characters with more appearances. I mean... do the math.

People want to pretend that there is some sort of parity between the two companies on every level. There isn't. Why would there be? They have different goals and are run very differently. Marvel's street level roster, is deeper, more diverse, more powerful and most of all marketed more. That's not a bias, THAT'S AN OBJECTIVE FACT that should be blatantly obvious to anyone who even the SLIGHTEST interest in the comic medium. Why would DC streets be the equal of Marvels? It's mathematically improbable and - clearly - categorically untrue. Marvel publishes more street level comics than DC does, featuring more characters than DC does, those characters are more powerful than DC's characters are, and their character's histories are rebooted every two decades. I f@cking wonder, which company has the stronger street level characters? Who could it be? What a f@cking mystery!

Jesus Christ.

Feel free to try and rebut anything I've said.

Mindset
He just got Knights of the TOLD Republic.

pym-ftw
thumb up

Good job SRank

Really all you have to do to really see srank's point is look at the basic marketing strategy of both companies.

D.c.: powerful unique characters

Marvel: characters the reader can relate too

One lends to more herald level characters and a focus on that grouping, the other company targets more street and low meta characters with their stories.

namorsubby
so tell me, how does showing the amount of appearances support your stance that marvel streets have more impressive feats overall? It doesn't.Oh, and there are superhuman street levelers in DC, so try again. What would prove your stance is a feat comparison of such great magnitude that it seems unlikely to ever be done.

I say most street levelers display similar feats of relatively comparable impressiveness overall throughout both companies. With the elite, usually more well known characters having the best resumes.

SevenShackles

Marvel has larger, more diverse street level rooster than DC does, with a longer history and more prestige. Maybe "more prestige" isn't exactly right, but Marvel has managed to keep the entirety their character's history intact since their inception. Sure they have isolated retcons from time to time, but even before the Nu52-boot DC had decades worth of continuity that simply didn't happen. Hundreds, thousands appearances of characters that no longer mattered.

Street level characters in Marvel get more play than they do in DC; and those characters have more appearances than their DC counter parts do. Lets take a look at the numbers. These are from comicvine, they include a bunch of trades, and foreign language reprints in their numbering, so they aren't 100% accurate but close enough for our purposes.

Deadpool 1248

That's a pretty significant difference between the two, and I was being generous to DC with some of those character inclusions. I left some notable Marvels off the list and I could start adding freaking White Tiger, The Daughters of the Dragon or Mockingbird based on the fame and quality of some of those DC "namesakes". Again - the Marvel characters don't have their continuity segmented by various large scale reboots. Ignoring alt realities and what ifs, all of those appearances for the Marvel characters still matter. The dearth of comic time DC streets get compared to their Marvel counter parts is big reason why DC streets don't stack up to Marvels... but it isn't the biggest.

The majority of Marvel's streets are super powered in some manner or another and their feats reflect that when compared side by side to their DC counter parts. Each character is also given the opportunity to shine independent of one another. No writer is worrying how what Captain America does might reflect on Punisher, or how Daredevil relates to Shang-Chi they are there own characters, their on franchises with no intrinsic tie to one another for the most part. In DC 90% of streets are part of the Batfamily.

DC's streets largely consists of Batman and a bunch Batman underlings and side characters. He is the anchor and focal point of the DC street level scene and ever other character is shackled to him in how they operate and what sort of feats the can accomplish. A Batman-governor regulating everyone's abilities, keeping everyone in line so the poster boy looks good. Marvel doesn't have that, and if it did, it would be Spider-man... which is obviously a much higher bar to work under.

Marvel's streets have more feats. They have better feats. Why? Because they have more appearances. More of their appearances are in continuity. The majoirty of them have superhuman abilities and physical attributes that allows them to operate on a higher level than the characters in DC do.

DC is the Batman show. In Marvel characters are allowed to exist on their own merit, and they do. It's all pretty elementary. Stronger, Faster, More skilled characters with more appearances. I mean... do the math.

People want to pretend that there is some sort of parity between the two companies on every level. There isn't. Why would there be? They have different goals and are run very differently. Marvel's street level roster, is deeper, more diverse, more powerful and most of all marketed more. That's not a bias, THAT'S AN OBJECTIVE FACT that should be blatantly obvious to anyone who even the SLIGHTEST interest in the comic medium. Why would DC streets be the equal of Marvels? It's mathematically improbable and - clearly - categorically untrue. Marvel publishes more street level comics than DC does, featuring more characters than DC does, those characters are more powerful than DC's characters are, and their character's histories are rebooted every two decades. I f@cking wonder, which company has the stronger street level characters? Who could it be? What a f@cking mystery!

Jesus Christ.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxels9BoVU1qff8too1_r1_400.gif
That was a great read. Totally agree btw.

pym-ftw
so tell me, how does showing the amount of appearances support your stance that marvel streets have more impressive feats overall? It doesn't.Oh, and there are superhuman street levelers in DC, so try again. What would prove your stance is a feat comparison of such great magnitude that it seems unlikely to ever be done.

I say most street levelers display similar feats of relatively comparable impressiveness overall throughout both companies. With the elite, usually more well known characters having the best resumes.
You don't think there is a correlation between number of showing and number of feats?

Assuming your not insane and your arguing preboot D.C. vs Current Marvel there is still an important part your missing.

The "Bat Effect" all Streets & low Metas lose to Batman, and sure you can make a very solid argument for Batman being the king of the peak humans but when you want to make an argument for there not being a skill gap between companies it leads directly to why can't X beat Batman...

Inb4 KK argument

This is the "Shiva Effect/John Cena Effect"

It's been years since he did really anything and him never losing to others doesn't make everyone who fights him look better, at best they appear exactly the same.

Ok, I'm ready for the hate.
raver

Golgo13
DC has better/interesting streets, IMO. Bat family alone trashes most of Marvel's. stick out tongue

Golgo13

Deadpool 1248

Jesus Christ.

Currently, DC has more street level books than Marvel. Yes, most of them are related to Batman, but still. Green Arrow rocks, yeah?

SevenShackles
DC has better/interesting streets, IMO. Bat family alone trashes most of Marvel's. stick out tongue

Really? You talking pre flashpoint or new52?

Golgo13
Really? You talking pre flashpoint or new52?

I like the Batman mythos. Whether it be Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin, Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Batwoman (Kate), etc... Strong lineup of characters.

I like Moon Knight, Daredevil, Wolverine (not really street, but I'll count him), and Elektra, but that's about it.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
You don't think there is a correlation between number of showing and number of feats?

Assuming your not insane and your arguing preboot D.C. vs Current Marvel there is still an important part your missing.

The "Bat Effect" all Streets & low Metas lose to Batman, and sure you can make a very solid argument for Batman being the king of the peak humans but when you want to make an argument for there not being a skill gap between companies it leads directly to why can't X beat Batman...

Inb4 KK argument

This is the "Shiva Effect/John Cena Effect"

It's been years since he did really anything and him never losing to others doesn't make everyone who fights him look better, at best they appear exactly the same.

Ok, I'm ready for the hate.
raver

DCnU actually has had more street level/super soldier books than current Marvel. They actually have a perfect blend of magic, mystic, street, and space books. And more of those genres. IMO (and I have been following nu52 than most), the streets so far have been more impressive than the Pre-Flashpoint selves.

srankmissingnin

God you're obtuse.

Did you look at the numbers? We are talking about an 80% larger pool of street level comics to draw from. 80%! And that is before we start removing decades worth of retcon'd comics from the equation on the DC side. That's pretty significant. More appearances means more feats. More feats means statistically there is a greater chance of higher end feats occurring. That's the reason why Batman has better feats than every other street level character in DC. But number of appearances was only one of several points I made in my original post; and as I said in that post it isn't the post important reason.

Marvel's street level characters are super human. Obviously there are super human street level characters in DC - I listed several of them - but what's your point? How do a few outliers that address anything I wrote in my previous post? The focal point of DC street level is the Batman franchise. Just look at the list of DC streets, it's populated with peak human and Olympic level athletes. Now look at the Marvel one, where the majority of the characters are blatantly super human. That's the difference between the two companies. Marvel has a wider array of street level characters, and their street level characters have super powers.

Spider-man, Wolverine, Captain America, Black Panther, Deadpool, Daredevi, Iron Fist, Black Widow, Elektra, Shang-Chi, Psylock, and Gambit. All super human, most of them across the board superhuman. Winter Soldier is really the only peak human on the list... and he has superhuman robot arm. Of the DC characters listed which ones are superhuman? Deathstroke, Canary, Wildcat, and Katana? Only one of them - Deathstroke - has superhuman attributes. Canary has her scream, Wildcat has his nine lives and senses, and Katana has Soul Taker.

Super powered characters, with 80% more appearances to draw feats from. It's pretty easy to see who has the more powerful street level characters and why. It is statistically improbably that DC's street level characters, with significantly less data to draw from, would be the equal of Marvels. And that's just looking at the raw numbers. You need to take into account that the majority of Marvel's streets are super human, where as the majority of DC's streets are sub peak. What possible rational could lead someone to believe that physically inferior characters with less appearances, and less feats, would be the equal of their stronger, faster, more powerful counter parts with longer, more storied histories and significantly more appearances to draw from. It's completely illogical, and reeks of fanboy confirmation bias.

Batman is the best street in DC. The cream of the crop. The king of the hill. Sure, there are some characters who are slightly above him via peer review and anecdotal evidence, but he has - by far - the largest and most impressive collection of feats to his name. Batman's feats have been painstakingly compared to numerous Marvel street characters. As much as you try to ignore it, it has been shown pretty definitively - on numerous occasions - that Captain America (and he is just one example) has better than Batman... and Captain America isn't even the best street in Marvel. Any sort of consideration, or character feat analysis outside of that is irrelevant and unnecessary. That's not a knock on Batman, it's just the way things are. I'm not sure why any reasonable person would expect a different result, at the end of the day Batman is simply human. Spider-man is not. Captain America is not. Daredevil is not. Black Panther is not. Deadpool is not. Wolverine is not. And so on, and so on, and so on.

Outside of being a life time member of the Church of Batology and your stout, unwavering faith in face of logic and overwhelming evidence, what do you have that counters a single thing I've mentioned? You try to act like I'm bias and I have some anti-DC agenda, but just take a look at my posts. It's pretty clear that of the two of us I'm the only one that has actually given this matter any damn thought. My "opinion" on this matter, is the only possible conclusion anyone who has ever pondered this question with any sort of rational objectivity could possibly reach. It's logical and based on concrete evidence. It's science... but science is rarely enough to sway the illogical zealotry of faith and religion.

Keep worshiping at alter of Batman if you want, but your uneducated fanboy fervor is getting pretty old.

curryman
Comicvine also lists the italian reprints of Marvel comics, which adds a lot to the list of appearances smile

srankmissingnin
Comicvine also lists the italian reprints of Marvel comics, which adds a lot to the list of appearances smile

Thank you for not reading my post. I appreciate it.

curryman
Thank you for not reading my post. I appreciate it.

I agree with your post.

But a lot of people are just gonna glance at it and see the inaccurate numbers.

srankmissingnin
I agree with your post.

But a lot of people are just gonna glance at it and see the inaccurate numbers.

I did state that the numbers include "a bunch of trades, and foreign language reprints in their numbering." Which is true for both DC and Marvel. /shrug

It's really annoying though, when you are trying to find an a specific issue and you have to navigate through trades and foreign reprints. Messy interface, should be able to remove that stuff from the list.

curryman
I did state that the numbers include "a bunch of trades, and foreign language reprints in their numbering." Which is true for both DC and Marvel. /shrug

It's really annoying though, when you are trying to find an a specific issue and you have to navigate through trades and foreign reprints. Messy interface, should be able to remove that stuff from the list.

Yeah, and they made the interface even less friendly the last years...

srankmissingnin
Yeah, and they made the interface even less friendly the last years...

It's super annoying.

namorsubby
God you're obtuse.

Did you look at the numbers? We are talking about an 80% larger pool of street level comics to draw from. 80%! And that is before we start removing decades worth of retcon'd comics from the equation on the DC side. That's pretty significant. More appearances means more feats. More feats means statistically there is a greater chance of higher end feats occurring. That's the reason why Batman has better feats than every other street level character in DC. But number of appearances was only one of several points I made in my original post; and as I said in that post it isn't the post important reason.

Marvel's street level characters are super human. Obviously there are super human street level characters in DC - I listed several of them - but what's your point? How do a few outliers that address anything I wrote in my previous post? The focal point of DC street level is the Batman franchise. Just look at the list of DC streets, it's populated with peak human and Olympic level athletes. Now look at the Marvel one, where the majority of the characters are blatantly super human. That's the difference between the two companies. Marvel has a wider array of street level characters, and their street level characters have super powers.

Spider-man, Wolverine, Captain America, Black Panther, Deadpool, Daredevi, Iron Fist, Black Widow, Elektra, Shang-Chi, Psylock, and Gambit. All super human, most of them across the board superhuman. Winter Soldier is really the only peak human on the list... and he has superhuman robot arm. Of the DC characters listed which ones are superhuman? Deathstroke, Canary, Wildcat, and Katana? Only one of them - Deathstroke - has superhuman attributes. Canary has her scream, Wildcat has his nine lives and senses, and Katana has Soul Taker.

Super powered characters, with 80% more appearances to draw feats from. It's pretty easy to see who has the more powerful street level characters and why. It is statistically improbably that DC's street level characters, with significantly less data to draw from, would be the equal of Marvels. And that's just looking at the raw numbers. You need to take into account that the majority of Marvel's streets are super human, where as the majority of DC's streets are sub peak. What possible rational could lead someone to believe that physically inferior characters with less appearances, and less feats, would be the equal of their stronger, faster, more powerful counter parts with longer, more storied histories and significantly more appearances to draw from. It's completely illogical, and reeks of fanboy confirmation bias.

Batman is the best street in DC. The cream of the crop. The king of the hill. Sure, there are some characters who are slightly above him via peer review and anecdotal evidence, but he has - by far - the largest and most impressive collection of feats to his name. Batman's feats have been painstakingly compared to numerous Marvel street characters. As much as you try to ignore it, it has been shown pretty definitively - on numerous occasions - that Captain America (and he is just one example) has better than Batman... and Captain America isn't even the best street in Marvel. Any sort of consideration, or character feat analysis outside of that is irrelevant and unnecessary. That's not a knock on Batman, it's just the way things are. I'm not sure why any reasonable person would expect a different result, at the end of the day Batman is simply human. Spider-man is not. Captain America is not. Daredevil is not. Black Panther is not. Deadpool is not. Wolverine is not. And so on, and so on, and so on.

Outside of being a life time member of the Church of Batology and your stout, unwavering faith in face of logic and overwhelming evidence, what do you have that counters a single thing I've mentioned? You try to act like I'm bias and I have some anti-DC agenda, but just take a look at my posts. It's pretty clear that of the two of us I'm the only one that has actually given this matter any damn thought. My "opinion" on this matter, is the only possible conclusion anyone who has ever pondered this question with any sort of rational objectivity could possibly reach. It's logical and based on concrete evidence. It's science... but science is rarely enough to sway the illogical zealotry of faith and religion.

Keep worshiping at alter of Batman if you want, but your uneducated fanboy fervor is getting pretty old. Wow, you type alot.

There is absolutely no relation between the number of appearances a street level character has and how impressive his feats are, so just quit with that. And there are plenty superhuman street level characters in DC. Your list sucks. Really though it doesn't matter about being labeled superhuman. Dc peak humans perform "superhuman" feats routinely. Hell, Batman resume exceeds several metas in either company. And there are plenty dc streets capable of beating him. Bottom line here is you made the claim that marvel streets have better feats, but in no way came even remotely close to proving it. Showing that marvel characters have more appearances doesn't prove it. Your assertion that marvel had more superhuman streets is unproven.

srankmissingnin
Jesus is the son, and god is the father. The earth was made in seven days, its 5000 years old, and Dinosaurs never existed.

facepalm

Badabing

Heros

Punisher

or

Wolverine

or

Gambit

or

Spider-Man

or

Moon Knight

or

Captain America

or

Shang Chi Deathstroke:

Punishes the punisher to death.

Declaws Wolverine...to death!

Beats Gambit at poker...to death!

Webs up Spidey to death.

Moons Moon Knight to death.

Demotes Cap to a private...to death!

curryman
Demods Badabing to death!!!

Badabing
laughing out loud

Golgo13
The Lizard King has spoken. Close thread.

Branlor Swift
Srank just melted that poor kid's face off.

For the love of Satan take it easy on the boy.

namorsubby
facepalm The sooner you admit that your ridiculous notion of marvel street superiority is completely unproven, the easier it'll be for us to get along.lol

More appearances don't equal superior feats. Next
Being "superhuman" as compared to "peak human" doesn't even equal superior feats in the world of comics....being more popular usually does though. Next.

Caps Conscience

Kill yourself.

Omega Vision
The way I use "street level", and the way I think a lot of people use it, a clearly superpowered character is by definition NOT streetlevel. Wolverine, Deathstroke, Iron Fist, and Spider-Man are Meta characters.

And your logic is terrible. Number of appearances and number of characters in a type does not in any way suggest that Marvel has categorically more powerful or effective street level characters. To convince me of that you'd actually have to go into specifics. But seeing as we have different definitions of "street-level" that will be difficult.

Mindset
I use for people who fight on streets.

abhilegend
Haha, number of appearances means you have better feats? Batman beats every marvel street character then, the opposite of what srank tells us though.

srankmissingnin
The sooner you admit that your ridiculous notion of marvel street superiority is completely unproven, the easier it'll be for us to get along.lol

More appearances don't equal superior feats. Next
Being "superhuman" as compared to "peak human" doesn't even equal superior feats in the world of comics....being more popular usually does though. Next.

There's a reason why everyone has been wondering if you are enjoying the taste of my balls in you're mouth, and it's because I've been owning you for the past two pages. This our routine, I completely demolish what ever feeble poorly thought out point you are trying to make, you completely ignore everything I post (but respond to said posts anyway), then in a couple months you'll pretend this didn't happen, and I'll have to do the same thing all over again. You are an exercise in futility.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The way I use "street level", and the way I think a lot of people use it, a clearly superpowered character is by definition NOT streetlevel. Wolverine, Deathstroke, Iron Fist, and Spider-Man are Meta characters.

And your logic is terrible. Number of appearances and number of characters in a type does not in any way suggest that Marvel has categorically more powerful or effective street level characters. To convince me of that you'd actually have to go into specifics. But seeing as we have different definitions of "street-level" that will be difficult.

IMO street-level caps out at Spider-man, any character who is sub Spider-man in attributes, is a street level character. I mean Spider-man is routinely refereed to as street level character by Marvel, you can find direct quotes of Dan Slott saying it. If you want to limit Marvel's street level characters to just Punisher, then I guess I would concede that DC's streets are better.

In what way does number of appearances and "character types" (what ever the hell that means), not account for a more powerful or effective character roster? More feats almost always means better feats. You take two characters with a similar abilities and powers, if one character has significantly more appearances, that character is probably going to have better feats. What's the exception to that? The Plutonian? Who else.

The reality is Marvel has more street level characters, those characters are significantly more powerful and have significantly more appearances to draw feats. But apparently that is all irrelevant and DC = Marvel because.... ummm I don't know? Batman FTW?

quanchi112
Haha, number of appearances means you have better feats? Batman beats every marvel street character then, the opposite of what srank tells us though. Number of appearances usually does mean more feats.

srankmissingnin
Haha, number of appearances means you have better feats? Batman beats every marvel street character then, the opposite of what srank tells us though.

Thank you for not reading my post, but responding anyway. You're smart and everyone likes you.

Mindset
Why is abhi even allowed to post in non superman threads?

quanchi112
Why is abhi even allowed to post in non superman threads? thumb up

abhilegend
Thank you for not reading my post, but responding anyway. You're smart and everyone likes you.
I read it. Good for a laugh. Funny you talk about being smart and liked by some internet forum.

srankmissingnin
I read it. Good for a laugh. Funny you talk about being smart and liked by some internet forum.

No, not me, you are the smart and well liked one. We all just like you a whole super bunch, and value all your opinions.

quanchi112
No, not me, you are the smart and well liked one. We all just like you a whole super bunch, and value all your opinions. thumb up

abhilegend
No, not me, you are the smart and well liked one. No, no. You are the guy who decides what is or isn't applicable to characters despite what comics tell us. You're the only guy smart enough to decipher the complex code of wolverine knockouts on whole interwebs and decide about it. Like I care about who likes me or don't. You on the other hand........

quanchi112
No, no. You are the guy who decides what is or isn't applicable to characters despite what comics tell us. Irony abounds.

VeganDiet
Why is abhi even allowed to post?
thumb up

srankmissingnin
No, no. You are the guy who decides what is or isn't applicable to characters despite what comics tell us. You're the only guy smart enough to decipher the complex code of wolverine knockouts on whole interwebs and decide about it. Like I care about who likes me or don't. You on the other hand........

You're just great in every way. I wouldn't change a thing about what you're doing friend.

abhilegend
You're just great in every way. I wouldn't change a thing about what you're doing friend.
Nah, that's you bro. Although its really good to have you back. Where have you been for last few months?Originally posted by VeganDiet
thumb up
Who the hell are you?

VeganDiet
Nah, that's you bro. Although its really good to have you back. Where have you been for last few months?
Who the hell are you?
VeganDiet

quanchi112
Originally posted by VeganDiet
VeganDiet laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Nah, that's you bro. Although its really good to have you back. Where have you been for last few months?
Who the hell are you?

My grandpa as renal failure and congestive heart failure and is in and out of the hospital pretty routinely. He doesn't have a lot of time left so I'm spending as much time with him as I can. sad

carver9
My grandpa as renal failure and congestive heart failure and is in and out of the hospital pretty routinely. He doesn't have a lot of time left so I'm spending as much time with him as I can. sad

Sorry. Stay strong.

abhilegend
Damn. Stay with him bro. He needs you.

namorsubby
There's a reason why everyone has been wondering if you are enjoying the taste of my balls in you're mouth, and it's because I've been owning you for the past two pages. This our routine, I completely demolish what ever feeble poorly thought out point you are trying to make, you completely ignore everything I post (but respond to said posts anyway), then in a couple months you'll pretend this didn't happen, and I'll have to do the same thing all over again. You are an exercise in futility. All I am asking is that you actually prove your stance definitively. You have not done so. More appearances do not equal superior feats. This is fact.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>