Maxima vs Nova Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Standard Nova Prime. Who wins?

pym-ftw
No WM?

Maxima imo

Galan007
What are Nova's feats against TP?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by pym-ftw
No WM?

Maxima imo
WM was standard for NP.

Originally posted by Galan007
What are Nova's feats against TP?
He should be able to resist her tp.

Unless she has Lord Marvel's "non-standard psionic probing" capabilities.

Blue Area Vet
Nova when she brings him breakfast in bed the next morning.

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He should be able to resist her tp.

Unless she has Lord Marvel's "non-standard psionic probing" capabilities. What level of TP has he actually resisted, though? I only ask because Max's TP is uber as hell.

Golgo13
Yeah, Maxima has taken Orion down. Cheap shot, I believe, but still.

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
Yeah, Maxima has taken Orion down. Cheap shot, I believe, but still. She's also toyed with Superman's mind, and outright mindphucked Brainiac 5, quantum-amped Booster Gold, Brainwave Jr., Wonder Woman(possessed by Eclipso), Doctor Polaris, etc. She's no joke in the TP department.

Max can also use 'psi-bolts' which are potent enough to harm and/or own the likes of Shazam, Captain Atom, Superman, and Power Girl.

zopzop
Well I am sort of a Maxima fanboy so I'm gonna go with her. But NP shouldn't be underestimated. Regarding his TP resist, remember that trick he pulled with his helmet and Xenith?

It all comes down to her TK vs his gravimetric powers.

celeyhyga17
She's also toyed with Superman's mind, and outright mindphucked Brainiac 5, quantum-amped Booster Gold, Brainwave Jr., Wonder Woman(possessed by Eclipso), Doctor Polaris, etc. She's no joke in the TP department.

Max can also use 'psi-bolts' which are potent enough to harm and/or own the likes of Shazam, Captain Atom, Superman, and Power Girl.
In terms of TP defense, he's resisted Harrow. A centuries old being who psionically fed on the pain and terror of dying planets. It stowed away on Galactus's ship for years and was powerful enough to avoid Big G's detection with a "cone of psilence".

He's also resisted Abyss when Nova travelled to Knowhere. The arch nemesis of an alien superhero group called the Luminals from planet Xarth. This Abyss was mystically empowered and would turn it's prey into something called "meat puppets" by taking over their mind and bodies. It would then manipulate them to do it's bidding. The only other being that resisted Abyss in Knowhere was Cosmo and that was due to his "high-grade telepathy" as explained by Worldmind.

I highly doubt Maxima would win the tp route since Nova has also shown to instantly amplify his psi-shields at will simply by gauging the level of tp attack being performed on him.

pym-ftw
WM was standard for NP.
I know, just the way the Op was worded

Galan007
In terms of TP defense, he's resisted Harrow. A centuries old being who psionically fed on the pain and terror of dying planets. It stowed away on Galactus's ship for years and was powerful enough to avoid Big G's detection with a "cone of psilence".

He's also resisted Abyss when Nova travelled to Knowhere. The arch nemesis of an alien superhero group called the Luminals from planet Xarth. This Abyss was mystically empowered and would turn it's prey into something called "meat puppets" by taking over their mind and bodies. It would then manipulate them to do it's bidding. The only other being that resisted Abyss in Knowhere was Cosmo and that was due to his "high-grade telepathy" as explained by Worldmind.

I highly doubt Maxima would win the tp route since Nova has also shown to instantly amplify his psi-shields at will simply by gauging the level of tp attack being performed on him. Cool, thx for the info. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Cool, thx for the info. thumb up thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Well I am sort of a Maxima fanboy so I'm gonna go with her. But NP shouldn't be underestimated. Regarding his TP resist, remember that trick he pulled with his helmet and Xenith?

It all comes down to her TK vs his gravimetric powers.

Thing is, Nova has strong psi defenses, so....

Zack Fair
Has TP ever been successful on him?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Has TP ever been successful on him?
Lord Marvel probed his mind briefly. He didn't really attack him though. No mind blast or mind rape or anything of that sort.

The only time he was "mind controlled" was when he wore some kind of ancient artifact similar to the Serpent Crown. It predated even the Celestials IIRC. Really powerful stuff.

Blue Area Vet
Lord Marvel probed his mind briefly. He didn't really attack him though. No mind blast or mind rape or anything of that sort.

The only time he was "mind controlled" was when he wore some kind of ancient artifact similar to the Serpent Crown. It predated even the Celestials IIRC. Really powerful stuff.

He didn't have the full Nova Force at that time.

Galan007
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Thing is, Nova has strong psi defenses, so.... So do a lot of the characters Maxima has owned with her psionic attacks(not just TP, I'm talking about her psionic-based energy attacks as well.) She's also strong/fast enough to contend with Superman one-on-one, if it comes down to brute physicality.

If Nova wins, he's going to be hard-pressed to do so, imo.

Blue Area Vet
So do a lot of the characters Maxima has owned with her psionic attacks(not just TP, I'm talking about her psionic-based energy attacks as well.) She's also strong/fast enough to contend with Superman one-on-one, if it comes down to brute physicality.

How can she deal with the Gravemetrics? Robbie who was not only a brand new Nova, but was sharing the force with a fleet of Novas, was able to pin Xenith to the floor. Nova Prime is expotentially more powerful than his brother.

zopzop
Thing is, Nova has strong psi defenses, so....
You must have missed this part in the post you quoted :
It all comes down to her TK vs his gravimetric powers. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
He didn't have the full Nova Force at that time.
Pretty sure he did and Worldmind transferred it all to Captain America to give the team a fighting chance vs the possessed Nova.

@Galan
Did you ever read the arc that Cele bought up (regarding Cosmo/Nova/Abyss)? If you haven't you should definitely check it out, it has a strong "Prince of Darkness" vibe to it. It was awesome.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Nova_Vol_4_8
http://marvel.wikia.com/Nova_Vol_4_9

dmills

He took off the helmet, thus no defenses.

dmills
You must have missed this part in the post you quoted :

Pretty sure he did and Worldmind transferred it all to Captain America to give the team a fighting chance vs the possessed Nova.

@Galan
Did you ever read the arc that Cele bought up (regarding Cosmo/Nova/Abyss)? If you haven't you should definitely check it out, it has a strong "Prince of Darkness" vibe to it. It was awesome.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Nova_Vol_4_8
http://marvel.wikia.com/Nova_Vol_4_9

And you'd be correct.

One of my fav arcs in his series. Brings up a question about Abyss, I wonder if it's the same guy who was battling the Infinity Watch years ago? He seems to play the same type of mind games with people...

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
And you'd be correct.

One of my fav arcs in his series. Brings up a question about Abyss, I wonder if it's the same guy who was battling the Infinity Watch years ago? He seems to play the same type of mind games with people...
I hope not. Abyss from the Nova series was way darker and far more sinister than Count Abyss from WatIW. Such a creepy story arc, Marvel don't make them like that anymore.

Blue Area Vet
I hope not. Abyss from the Nova series was way darker and far more sinister than Count Abyss from WatIW. Such a creepy story arc, Marvel don't make them like that anymore.

Okay, I'll go back and check, but he should not have had the full Nova Force to begin with in that arc as the rest of the Nova Force was restored. In other words, he never took their power back from them, thus he didn't have the FULL Nova Force as he acquired early on in Annihilation.

dmills

DnA had a talent for that sort of thing. Their writing suffered when they began trying to write too many projects at once though.

I HIGHLY recommend their indie series "Hypernaturals". If you liked the sort of mood of the early Nova series then you'll absolutely love that book. It runs only 12 issues.

celeyhyga17
So do a lot of the characters Maxima has owned with her psionic attacks(not just TP, I'm talking about her psionic-based energy attacks as well.) She's also strong/fast enough to contend with Superman one-on-one, if it comes down to brute physicality.

I think he may just have the power set to edge her out.
Her physicality I believe would be her main route to getting a majority.

Rider's psi-shields are key, his strong grav shields, powerful grav pulses, really high damage soak, and near limitless energy reserves I believe can overcome her physicality.

zopzop
DnA had a talent for that sort of thing. Their writing suffered when they began trying to write too many projects at once though.

I HIGHLY recommend their indie series "Hypernaturals". If you liked the sort of mood of the early Nova series then you'll absolutely love that book. It runs only 12 issues.
thumb up
Will do!

Galan007

I HIGHLY recommend their indie series "Hypernaturals". If you liked the sort of mood of the early Nova series then you'll absolutely love that book. It runs only 12 issues. Is Hypernaturals finally wrapped up? I DL'd issues 1-8 a while ago, but haven't kept up with the series since. Those issues were really good, though.

I think he may just have the power set to edge her out.
Her physicality I believe would be her main route to getting a majority.

Rider's psi-shields are key, his strong grav shields, powerful grav pulses, really high damage soak, and near limitless energy reserves I believe can overcome her physicality. Yeah, I definitely think it's possible for Nova to win(his TP/psi resistance seems quite uber.) However, Max's TK, energy projection, and physical prowess would give him absolute hell, imo. Max has proven time and time again that she is more than capable of contending with the big guns-- Captain Atom, Orion, and Superman(among many others) know this first hand.

dmills
Is Hypernaturals finally wrapped up? I DL'd issues 1-8 a while ago, but haven't kept up with the series since. Those issues were really good, though.

Yeah, I definitely think it's possible for Nova to win(his TP/psi resistance seems quite uber.) However, Max's TK, energy projection, and physical prowess would give him absolute hell, imo. Max has proven time and time again that she is more than capable of keeping up with the big guns-- Captain Atom, Orion, and Superman(among many others) know this first hand.

Ok... Bless you Galan! thumb up

Man, I've been trying to tell people about Hypernaturals forever, glad to someone finally listened lol! And yes, it's all wrapped up. Hell of a finale.

Galan007
Ok... Bless you Galan! thumb up

Man, I've been trying to tell people about Hypernaturals forever, glad to someone finally listened lol! And yes, it's all wrapped up. Hell of a finale. Cool, I'll have to DL the last few issues then. big grin

celeyhyga17
Is Hypernaturals finally wrapped up? I DL'd issues 1-8 a while ago, but haven't kept up with the series since. Those issues were really good, though.

Yeah, I definitely think it's possible for Nova to win(his TP/psi resistance seems quite uber.) However, Max's TK, energy projection, and physical prowess would give him absolute hell, imo. Max has proven time and time again that she is more than capable of contending with the big guns-- Captain Atom, Orion, and Superman(among many others) know this first hand.
I gotta check her resp thread again.
When u say contend, does that mean she has beaten some of them?

Hmm.. Maybe I'm underselling her ferroTK and other energy capabalities a bit..

Galan007
When u say contend, does that mean she has beaten some of them?. Yes. She's always proven a match for Superman-- but Superman obviously nudges her out in the end, as he does everyone else in DC. She easily beat Orion after zapping him with a TP-bolt(she also casually blocked/caught one of his punches.) She's beaten/incapacitated CA a few times via TK. She's tooled an Eclipso-possessed Wonder Woman with a mixture of physicality and TP/TK. She's owned Power Girl with energy projection. Etc.

That's why I think she'd give Nova hell in pretty much any scenario. Would she win? Maybe not. However, Nova's got his work cut out for him.

dmills
I gotta check her resp thread again.
When u say contend, does that mean she has beaten some of them?

Hmm.. Maybe I'm underselling her ferroTK and other energy capabalities a bit..

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/d0/51ffd54d7643e/detail.jpg

So ah, celey. Still gonna support NINO after this shot to the balls lol?

celeyhyga17
http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/d0/51ffd54d7643e/detail.jpg

So ah, celey. Still gonna support NINO after this shot to the balls lol?
What exactly are u trying to show me here?
mad

dmills
What exactly are u trying to show me here?
mad

That, my friend is a big fat F off to all of us Nova fans who are clamoring for Richie to return. That's what that is. Wacker is trolling us now lol.

celeyhyga17
That, my friend is a big fat F off to all of us Nova fans who are clamoring for Richie to return. That's what that is. Wacker is trolling us now lol.
Wait so u think he ain't comin back? Or u think this shows that if he comes back, it ain't for a long long while?

sad

dmills
Wait so u think he ain't comin back? Or u think this shows that if he comes back, it ain't for a long long while?

sad

Nino is here to stay buddy. If Rich comes back, it'll probably only be in a flashback showing his fight with Thanos. That'll be it lol.

Don't know if you been keeping up with what's going on over at CBR and Marvel.com forums, but the new editor on the Nova book, Steven "wack job" Wacker is not too keen on Rich or his fans lol. You should go over there and check out some of the exchanges. Shit's getting ugly lol.

Some of the comments are hilarious.

Blue Area Vet
Nino is here to stay buddy. If Rich comes back, it'll probably only be in a flashback showing his fight with Thanos. That'll be it lol.

Don't know if you been keeping up with what's going on over at CBR and Marvel.com forums, but the new editor on the Nova book, Steven "wack job" Wacker is not too keen on Rich or his fans lol. You should go over there and check out some of the exchanges. Shit's getting ugly lol.

Great. Fire this mofo already!!! This is one big FAILURE for Marvel no matter how they spin it. Why build a character up, make him a likable hero, only to have him go down in favor of a cartoon character inserted into a comic??!!!

Nibedicus
Link to the more fun exchanges? :-)

celeyhyga17

OMFG!
sad

dmills
Great. Fire this mofo already!!! This is one big FAILURE for Marvel no matter how they spin it. Why build a character up, make him a likable hero, only to have him go down in favor of a cartoon character inserted into a comic??!!!

Nino (Nova in name only) is already below where Nova vol. 4 was in sales during the same time frame lol. But for some reason, I think it'll stay around. Marvel has been keeping struggling books afloat lately for some reason. Someone said that (Ms)Captain Marvel is below 20k per month now, but it's hanging around. I'm guessing the movies coming up or some such.

dmills
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Link to the more fun exchanges? :-)

The really juicy ones have all been edited out by the cbr staff. Guess they're in the tank for marvel over there lol. Wacker himself comes on and trolls though. I'll see if I can post some links lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.