Prep Tier Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Ok this is a thread to help when determining prep fights teams and opponents for them.

Tiers:

Elite: best of the best, with prep these characters are reality bending, abstract gods

Example: Reed, Doom, PC Dr. Fate, Pym, T.O. Morrow, Luthor Jr., High Evolutionary. ---------------------------------------------------

Skyfather: self explained, able to with prep fight Skyfathers

Examples: Loki, Ares, Thanos, Darksied, Dr. Strange...
-----------------------------------------------

Trans/Team Buster: Solidly able to compete with Trans level characters or defeat multiple High Herald characters

Example: Kang, Brainiac, Ultra Humanite, Ultron, Banner, Val Richards....
----------------------------------------------

Herald Buster: again easy explanation, able to compete with a herald or multiple high metas.

Examples: Ironman, Cho, Superman, Zatanna, Adam Warlock,

Tactical/Tech Master: with prep they are low end team busters and leaders who can turn the tide

Examples: Leader, Deathstroke, Batman, Black Panther, Magneto...

Throw some names out and we can debate where there they should be.

I'll go first

M.O.D.O.K.

Bentley
Kang has busted the universe, defeated abstracts and fixed reality several times through prep. With and without external artifacts.

pym-ftw
I was really debating where to place him, at best he truly is among the best but losing to Stark lead Avengers hurts him in my eyes.

I could agree to a bump up though if other people feel that way

byrdgang21
Where would you put Sinister & Apocalypse?

SevenShackles
Shouldn't MODOK be in the 'herald buster' category? MODOK with prep equals AIM and can wreck multiple metas and heralds.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Where would you put Sinister & Apocalypse?

Apocalypse is probably herald buster

Sinister is probably Trans
--------------------

Before a haters shows up the classification is based solely on thier tech/artifacts/Magic not their physical attributes.

Bentley
M.O.D.O.K. has some pretty solids showings, creating Rulk is pretty up there. I actually had some M.O.D.O.K. feats separated for a respect thread, but right now I don't recall much.

Digi
My favorite part is that in the OP, Superman's prep level is arguably lower than his non-prep level.

No prep, he can hang with any herald.
With prep, he might be able to take on a herald or multiple high metas.

Negative prep...beautiful.

laughing out loud

curryman
Sad to say I think Loki would have to go one bit lower sad

Blair Wind
Pym in elite? Above people like Kang & Brainiac? confused

pym-ftw
I'll move Kang up one

Pym has really gotten a push post "Scientist Supreme"

He has travelled to Overspace twice, and lived in Underspace

He built a machine that can trap souls, and an A.I.. that can simulate heaven for Bill Foster.

He defeated a prepped Reed Richards in the Baxter Building.

He built a machine to reconstruct the collectors daughter from subatomic particles

He built 100 million and 1 jocastas, including arms and legs that mimic human clear giving Jocasta the ability to feel.

He built the Infinite Avengers Mansion and 10 Pym door to travel anywhere on earth and even one into Asgard & iirc one to the Moon

He built 2 different Sentient lifeforms, and spawned a new race.

He built a time machine powered by Magic in a few hours and used more Magic to locate a missing dinosaur.

He created a cure to clean slate, a biological weapon that neutralizes super powers in humans almost instantly.

He has built a machine that negated Loki's magic and another to negate Phoenix Emma's Tp

That is just a few of my favorite inventions from the vast few years.

Mindset
Iron Man is only a herald buster?

Batman isn't a herald buster?

curryman
I vote Pym down.

Mindset
I vote Kang down to the lowest level.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by curryman
I vote Pym down.
To where?

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Mindset
Iron Man is only a herald buster?

Batman isn't a herald buster?
What above herald has Tony beaten?

My problem with Batman being above is that D.C. heros have easily exploitable weaknesses. I mean Martha Kent has K-nite

janus77
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Pym in elite? Above people like Kang & Brainiac? confused
Did you miss his Pym bedsheets?

Mindset
Tony can beat multiple heralds with prep.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by janus77
Did you miss his Pym bedsheets?
I wish, but I bet he's not even on emh stuff
laughing out loud

Blair Wind
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I'll move Kang up one

Pym has really gotten a push post "Scientist Supreme"

He has travelled to Overspace twice, and lived in Underspace

He built a machine that can trap souls, and an A.I.. that can simulate heaven for Bill Foster.

He defeated a prepped Reed Richards in the Baxter Building.

He built a machine to reconstruct the collectors daughter from subatomic particles

He built 100 million and 1 jocastas, including arms and legs that mimic human clear giving Jocasta the ability to feel.

He built the Infinite Avengers Mansion and 10 Pym door to travel anywhere on earth and even one into Asgard & iirc one to the Moon

He built 2 different Sentient lifeforms, and spawned a new race.

He built a time machine powered by Magic in a few hours and used more Magic to locate a missing dinosaur.

He created a cure to clean slate, a biological weapon that neutralizes super powers in humans almost instantly.

He has built a machine that negated Loki's magic and another to negate Phoenix Emma's Tp

That is just a few of my favorite inventions from the vast few years.

None of that screams elite. He's herald prep level.

Originally posted by curryman
I vote Pym down.

I second this.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Mindset
Tony can beat multiple heralds with prep.
When has he?

I have no problem with bumping up to trans

janus77
Thanos, Doom --- Ultimate Prep. So good with Prep that they probably created Quanchi and Mindset as meat-puppet probes sent out to this "strange" universe that they've found. Longterm, they plan to rule this universe through their meat-puppets, one-rape/low-ball at a time.
Reed --- Consistently capable of "abstract level" prep.

Banner --- fewer showings, but easily up to challenging Doom and Reed. Averages at >> Tony Stark so High Herald to Trans

Stark --- High end reaches into the trans-level, basically high-herald with prep.

Pym --- if you count ****ing-up as "prep" then at his best he's a trans-level prepper. Otherwise, he's Beast without the good looks. Or personality.

pym-ftw
None of that screams elite. He's herald prep level.
Beating Reed doesn't put him on Reeds level?

janus77
I wish, but I bet he's not even on emh stuff
laughing out loud
Well, that means that there's a gap in the market for you to exploit. Get sewing! yes

Mindset
When has he?

I have no problem with bumping up to trans I can't think of any off the top of my head, and I'm on my phone.

Blair, make yourself useful.

Blair Wind
Beating Reed doesn't put him on Reeds level?

Tony put Reed in checkmate at multiple games of chess, at the same time.

Is Tony smarter than Reed?

janus77
Do the multiple stupid actions of The Illuminati count as prep? They are conspiracies that required some sort of planning and organisation and they have all more or less failed or caused severe harm.

If so, then Stark, Reed and BP would have to be bumped down to "imbecile class".

Blue Area Vet
Do the multiple stupid actions of The Illuminati count as prep? They are conspiracies that required some sort of planning and organisation and they have all more or less failed or caused severe harm.

If so, then Stark, Reed and BP would have to be bumped down to "imbecile class".

No way on BP, he's smarter than all of them. He foretold their F ups and exclude himself from the group from the beginning.

quanchi112
Thanos is the best with prep. No one is on his level IMO.

Blue Area Vet
Ozymandias

pym-ftw
Tony put Reed in checkmate at multiple games of chess, at the same time.

Is Tony smarter than Reed?
Sure, at Chess.

janus77
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No way on BP, he's smarter than all of them. He foretold their F ups and exclude himself from the group from the beginning.
Hmm.. I remember Namor punching Tony and telling them the whole "chuck Hulk into space" plan was going to ****-up, but I don't recall BP.

To be honest, I don't recall BP doing much other than providing facilities for their meetings so, maybe he wasn't in on the planning.

Blue Area Vet
Hmm.. I remember Namor punching Tony and telling them the whole "chuck Hulk into space" plan was going to ****-up, but I don't recall BP.

To be honest, I don't recall BP doing much other than providing facilities for their meetings so, maybe he wasn't in on the planning.

I do remember well and I am telling you, he DECLINED predicting accurately that they would do more damage than good. And he was the only one to do so. He allowed them to finish their initial meeting at his spot, but he was out from the beginning as seen as the proposal was made. Boss.

Golgo13
Ok this is a thread to help when determining prep fights teams and opponents for them.

Tiers:

Elite: best of the best, with prep these characters are reality bending, abstract gods

Example: Reed, Doom, PC Dr. Fate, Pym, T.O. Morrow, Luthor Jr., High Evolutionary. ---------------------------------------------------

Skyfather: self explained, able to with prep fight Skyfathers

Examples: Loki, Ares, Thanos, Darksied, Dr. Strange...

Trans/Team Buster: Solidly able to compete with Trans level characters or defeat multiple High Herald characters

Example: Kang, Brainiac, Ultra Humanite, Ultron, Banner, Val Richards....
----------------------------------------------

Herald Buster: again easy explanation, able to compete with a herald or multiple high metas.

Examples: Ironman, Cho, Superman, Zatanna, Adam Warlock,

Tactical/Tech Master: with prep they are low end team busters and leaders who can turn the tide

Examples: Leader, Deathstroke, Batman, Black Panther, Magneto...

Throw some names out and we can debate where there they should be.

I'll go first

M.O.D.O.K.

I would put the likes of Brainiac 5, Constantine, and Ultra Humanite in the elite category. Same tier as Reed and Doom.

Solid list, though.

Golgo13
I also forgot Epoch and Rip Hunter just below that.

Blue Area Vet
How about Red Skull?

Golgo13
Probably in the Slade/Black Panther category. Although, he could also be in the herald busting section, too.

You forgot two power houses. Ray Palmer and the Chief. Who both have taken out heralds/cosmics beings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.