The Matrix vs Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
As a means to end to prevent the glitch of the One, Neo is killed and the Architect congratulates Smith on a job well done. The Machine god engineered the so called Smith virus to cleanse the Matrix of the Neo cycle and destroy Zion.

With Zion destroyed, the Machines seek to spread through solar systems and galaxies like a plague. Eventually, all worlds in their universe have fallen, and now they seek other universes and dimensions to conquer.

Their primary weapon is Smith, who can now replicate himself outside the Matrix. He replicates the inhabitants of worlds which leads to no resistance when they voluntarily place themselves in hibernation chambers and become jacked into the Matrix, with no recollection of previous events. With this method, the entire universe fell to the Machines.

Now, Smith has invaded Marvel Earth and already copied himself to most inhabitants of Africa, South America, and many other third world countries. Smith then opens a portal which allows millions of Sentinels into this realm to conquer the resistance and allow Smith to replicate the population of the world powers.

The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Daredevil, Transformers, heroes and villains together that have appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will unite against this threat. Only exceptions are Galactus, Odin, and Mephisto(Ghost Rider).

If the machines conquer Earth, Asgard is next...and Odin has already pointed the bi- frost at Midgard to destroy the threat if all else fails.

How does this war play out?

Smith has same powers as he did at end of third Matrix film.

Mindship
First impression: The portal is a bottleneck, a weak point. Some of the heroes have experience with portals and closing them. In dealing with what's been "marooned" on Marvel Earth: Surfer, Thor, Reed and Cap save the day. Ie: tremendous planetary/landscape-altering power (including vast electrical/EMP generation), the ability to invent plot-device weapons even on short notice, and brilliant tactical deployment make Smith wish he still had only Neo to deal with.

Postscript: it takes Reed about another week to build another device which "unMatrixes" everyone, while Xavier (via Cerebro) puts nice thoughts into everyones' head to minimize PTSD.

Tattoos N Scars
I can only imagine how many Sentinels get through before anyone even gets there. There are millions of Smith's, all with the same power. Neo got beat by one.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

Smith has same powers as he did at end of third Matrix film.

We need to clarify this. The Smith that fought Neo at the end of the 3rd film was Oracle-Smith, and he was more powerful than the regular Smithes. He could fly, had super strength, and was just as indestructible as Neo. But he alone was that strong. All the other Smithe's were about as strong as normal Matrix Agents.

So in this fight do you mean that there is only one Oracle-Smith and all the other copies are just his regular self? Or are all the Smith's as strong as Oracle-Smith?

If it's the former, then Marvel has a chance. But if it's the latter, then Marvel is phucked. This is a guy who has superstrength, superspeed, flight, and a bucket load of h2h fighting skills... and then you multiplied him by millions, plus the capacity to replicate some more. No way Marvel heroes can stop that.

Tattoos N Scars
Technically, since Smith survived in my scenario, it is Neo-Smith. Through Neo's powers, he gains telekinetic powers and the ability to use his powers outside the Matrix. Since Neo Smith was the first to arrive on Marvel Earth, all subsequent Smith's would be just as powerful...more so if Smith manages to copy Xavier, Magneto, or Thor.

FrothByte
Technically, since Smith survived in my scenario, it is Neo-Smith. Through Neo's powers, he gains telekinetic powers and the ability to use his powers outside the Matrix. Since Neo Smith was the first to arrive on Marvel Earth, all subsequent Smith's would be just as powerful...more so if Smith manages to copy Xavier, Magneto, or Thor.

Then Marvel is destroyed. Even a single Neo-Smith would be considered top tier among the Marvel heroes. Millions of him and all able to replicate means the end of the world. Even regular Smith was nigh indestructible. The only hope Marvel has is to get it's most powerful telepaths and hope that they can somehow mind-kill the Smith's. Not sure though if a telepath can hack into a computer-turned-human's brain, plus the fact of sheer population would make the process extremely hard. Maybe if Smith's genetic make up is different enough from everyone else, Prof. X can concentrate on them via Cerebro and kill the entire race of Smith's. But other than that, I just can't see the Marvel heroes doing much.

KingD19
Spite. /thread

Tattoos N Scars
Would Odin and Galactus make a difference?

Mindset
What feats do those 2 even have?

FrothByte
Would Odin and Galactus make a difference?

Other than destroying the entire continent infested by Smith's, I'm not sure they'll do much good.

Galactus has world destroying power... but I don't know if he has a subtle enough touch to selectively kill only the Smiths while leaving humanity unscathed.

Odin is probably a better option. But as of now he has too few feats so I'm not really sure what he can or cannot do.

Darth Martin
Do the Smith clones possess the powers of the Smith seen in Reloaded? Or do they all have the Oracle-Smith abilities seen by the one fighting Neo during the climax of Revolutions?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Do the Smith clones possess the powers of the Smith seen in Reloaded? Or do they all have the Oracle-Smith abilities seen by the one fighting Neo during the climax of Revolutions?

So apparently all the Smith's are even a bit more powerful than Oracle-Smith.

jinXed by JaNx
I can only imagine how many Sentinels get through before anyone even gets there. There are millions of Smith's, all with the same power. Neo got beat by one.

no he didn't

jinXed by JaNx
X-men win

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
no he didn't

I mean physically. Smith won the physical fight, at least on points. Neo had to let himself get copied to defeat Smith.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
X-men win

How?

Lestov16
If Smith has Neo's flying brick-abilities and telekinesis, and the ability to replicate himself (essentially describing his form at the end of Revolution), I don't see what the Marvelverse can do to put him down. And they will be taking on 8 billion+ Smith clones? I don't see this ending well for Marvel.

And he absorbs their powers too? Oh boy is the Marvelverse phucked.

jaden101
You can only imagine what would happen if some Smith's assimilated any of the powerful psychics. Even assimilation of weaker mutants would start would start to mount up in terms of numbers. 1 would take over another and they'd both have whatever power. They both take over another. 4, 8, 16, 32...

jinXed by JaNx
I mean physically. Smith won the physical fight, at least on points. Neo had to let himself get copied to defeat Smith.

yeah, but even then they were equally matched. Neo could have kept taking everything Smith had to give, but it would have resulted in nothing.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by FrothByte
How?

i was going with the comic versions, nvm sad

Lestov16
The only possible defense I could think of is maybe Silver Surfer could muster all of his Galactus-killing energy to destroy Earth from orbit while everybody on Earth fights as a diversion. At least they would save the Bifrost erm

It's the only way to be sure....stick out tongue

Tattoos N Scars
In reality, Neo-Smith is exponentially more powerful than the conditions of this thread. Neo-Smith entered the Marvel realm, but there is an entire universe full of Smiths behind that portal. The last being copied would be the most powerful and he hasn't crossed through the portal.

Smith could potentially be above low abstract level.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
The only possible defense I could think of is maybe Silver Surfer could muster all of his Galactus-killing energy to destroy Earth from orbit while everybody on Earth fights as a diversion. At least they would save the Bifrost erm

It's the only way to be sure....stick out tongue

Well another theory would be that they just quarantine whatever continents Smith has already infected. Make sure no airplane or boat or ship leave that place. And then nuke them or get Surfer to annihilate said continents.

Oh wait, Smith can fly right? I wonder if he can fly fast and long enough to reach another island. NVM then.

I still think the best bet is to have Xavier hook up to cerebro and concentrate on all the Smiths and hope they're susceptible to psychic genocide.

jinXed by JaNx
The more i think about it, i'm sure the telepaths could topple Smith. Smith is obsessed with purpose. They could easily convince him of another purpose.

Tattoos N Scars
Would Ghost Rider"s penance stare work on the Smith's?

FrothByte
Would Ghost Rider"s penance stare work on the Smith's?

I don't see why it shouldn't. After all we're assuming that Smith is human now. Same with telepaths, they should work on Smith.

The only problem here is the sheer volume of Smiths. Sure the penance stare would work, but how long does GR need to use that on someone? A minute? 30 secs? Plus you have to consider that each of these Smiths is powerful enough to knock GR flying. Heck they're fast enough to probably evade GR in the first place.

Telepathic attacks can work, but I don't know any telepath of controlling a whole continent's worth of population. Not to mention that all it would take to negate that telepath is one Smith who replicates himself on to another telepath.

Darth Martin
If all the Smith clones are atleast as powerful as the Oracle-Smith shown at the end of Revolutions then they win.

Kazenji
Also why are the Transformers helping?

they're not part of the Marvel cinematic universe.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also why are the Transformers helping?

they're not part of the Marvel cinematic universe.

True, but they did have their own Marvel comic series at one time, so I went ahead and added them.

NemeBro
Xavier ends the Smiths in five minutes with Cerebro.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by KingD19
Spite. /thread agreed although a well thought out spite

Tattoos N Scars
I don't see why it shouldn't. After all we're assuming that Smith is human now. Same with telepaths, they should work on Smith.

The only problem here is the sheer volume of Smiths. Sure the penance stare would work, but how long does GR need to use that on someone? A minute? 30 secs? Plus you have to consider that each of these Smiths is powerful enough to knock GR flying. Heck they're fast enough to probably evade GR in the first place.

Telepathic attacks can work, but I don't know any telepath of controlling a whole continent's worth of population. Not to mention that all it would take to negate that telepath is one Smith who replicate

himself on to another telepath.

If the Avengers can capture Smith, preferably the Neo-Smith,
wouldn't Blaze be able to have time to use the Penance Stare? All it took in Revolutions was to take out Neo-Smith and his demise led to the destruction of all the Smith clones. So, would the Stare filter down through all the Smith's, since they are interlinked...through a shared consciosness i suppose.

the ninjak
Ghost Rider + Xavier and Cerebro = some severe punishment.

Ghost Rider ain't going down.

And it was proven in the Animatrix that the machines had achieved sentient life. They are guilty if they invade the Marvel Universe. And nothing can stop the Rider for long. Even if he dies he returns. Anything he or his chains touches burns if they are guilty.

And the machines belong to a network. Not good for the machines.

If one brings Matrix physics into a foreign physical setting then the consequences should be equally as devastating.

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ghost Rider + Xavier and Cerebro = some severe punishment.

Ghost Rider ain't going down.

And it was proven in the Animatrix that the machines had achieved sentient life. They are guilty if they invade the Marvel Universe. And nothing can stop the Rider for long. Even if he dies he returns. Anything he or his chains touches burns if they are guilty.

And the machines belong to a network. Not good for the machines.

If one brings Matrix physics into a foreign physical setting then the consequences should be equally as devastating.

Well yeah sure, GR can't be killed and I'm pretty sure his penance stare would work. Problem is, there's no way he can penance stare each and every Smith before these Smith's have converted the entire planet. After all, these Smiths can fly and are capable of superspeed.

X and Cerebro is the best chance they have. Now it's just a matter of whether X can differentiate between Smith, mutants, and humans. Otherwise if Smith has the same intellectual code as a human, X might end up killing humans as well.

I'm not even sure if a Smith can be killed. Wouldn't he just body-jump to another individual?

the ninjak
Well yeah sure, GR can't be killed and I'm pretty sure his penance stare would work. Problem is, there's no way he can penance stare each and every Smith before these Smith's have converted the entire planet. After all, these Smiths can fly and are capable of superspeed.

X and Cerebro is the best chance they have. Now it's just a matter of whether X can differentiate between Smith, mutants, and humans. Otherwise if Smith has the same intellectual code as a human, X might end up killing humans as well.

I'm not even sure if a Smith can be killed. Wouldn't he just body-jump to another individual?

Well it's absurd to assume Smith could achieve what he does in the physical plane amongst the Marvel Universe.
And if he could then Xavier within Cerebro would obliterate them.
Because psychic emanations have become physical in this fight.
Therefore Xavier's reach and powers can effect the whole army.
And mind wiping Agents means they can't jump from person to person.

So it's game over.

Otherwise Smith would have access to the entire Marvel Universes population to control and acquire.
Which he doesn't.

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well it's absurd to assume Smith could achieve what he does in the physical plane amongst the Marvel Universe.
And if he could then Xavier within Cerebro would obliterate them.
Because psychic emanations have become physical in this fight.
Therefore Xavier's reach and powers can effect the whole army.
And mind wiping Agents means they can't jump from person to person.

So it's game over.

Otherwise Smith would have access to the entire Marvel Universes population to control and acquire.
Which he doesn't.

The question though is whether Smith's psychic emanations are different enough from humans such that Prof X can target only the Smiths while leaving the humans uninjured?

If we're considering the penance stare would work on the Smiths then we're considering that they're human enough for it to work. But are they still different enough from humans that Prof. X can selectively target them with Cerebro? After all, Cerebro only "saw" humans and mutants. It didn't see superpowered beings. They were just limited to humans and mutants.

0mega Spawn
I see nobody has brought up the fact that nsmith could simply copy himself onto other smiths .wouldn't take very long since every individual smith would multiply the copy rate.

the ninjak
The question though is whether Smith's psychic emanations are different enough from humans such that Prof X can target only the Smiths while leaving the humans uninjured?

If we're considering the penance stare would work on the Smiths then we're considering that they're human enough for it to work. But are they still different enough from humans that Prof. X can selectively target them with Cerebro? After all, Cerebro only "saw" humans and mutants. It didn't see superpowered beings. They were just limited to humans and mutants.

Agents were limited to existing within the realm of possible physics within the Matrix. With the the bonus of transferring themselves amongst sentient beings like catching taxi cabs.

Smith absorbed Neo's potential and was able to duplicate himself and copy the feats of programs within the Matrix.
But he became limited because now he could only possess people via physical touch. Though the advantage was he could now multiply himself.

And that is it!

If for some reason the Marvel Universe in this OP's explanation is just another Matrix program for Smith to hack into and absorb.
He would be almost unstoppable....

Why?
He would acquire Adamantium quickly. And become invincible.
He would acquire mutants and absorb their powers.
He would acquire vampires and take on their speed and strength but none of their weaknesses. smile

In all honesty Xavier is Earth's only hope until we get a Dr Strange movie.

Galactus and the Surfer obliterate Earth destroying Smith with it.
It's overkill but inevitable.

jinXed by JaNx
I also wonder what stops Dark Phoenix from simply erasing all of the Smiths. It's not like she would be holding back from anything, but instead she would be embracing the Phoenix force fully. If she were able to dematerialize people instantaneously then...,whats stopping her from doing that to the Smiths?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.