Count Dooku and Darth Maul vs Darth Malgus and Lord Scourge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
They fight in the central plaza of Kaas City.

Col. Valerian
Count Dooku is stated as one of the greatest Jedi of all time, and an even more powerful Sith, I believe. Not entirely sure on the correct statement. Considering TOR took place more than 3,000 years before the PT, the statement includes Malgus and Scourge. I'm not saying he could defeat them, just saying what is what.

Very few Jedi of the PT could actually put up a fight against Dooku, though. The only ones with a wide enough skill set to do so were obviously Anakin, Windu and Yoda. I don't think there's anybody else in the Order that could defeat him one-on-one, which means only top-tier duelists could fight on par against him. If you believe Malgus and/or Scourge to be on that very short list of top-tier duelists, they could put up a fight. If not, well, they come up short against the Count. Tbh, I'm not sure as to how powerful Malgus and Scourge really are.

Stigma
I don't know much about Scourge or Malgus, but from what I know Dooku is supposed to be a bada$$ and Maul too. I think team 1 takes it.

Nephthys

ROTJ Vader
Dooku takes Malgus and Maul takes Scourage.

Col. Valerian
With that said, I don't think Maul could take Scourge. Actually, I'd go as far as saying Maul is the weak link here, and the possible reason of Dooku's demise.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
With that said, I don't think Maul could take Scourge. Actually, I'd go as far as saying Maul is the weak link here, and the possible reason of Dooku's demise.

Maul's one of the most highly trained and dangerous Sith in history (The official Star Wars Fact File, The Ultimate Visual Guide , The Phantom Menace Visual Dictionary ), a "high end master of multiple forms," and has collapsed caves, ragdolled starships and reputable Jedi Masters, and so on.

Not saying Scourge can't win, but Maul has comparable accolades and impressive feats.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Maul's one of the most highly trained and dangerous Sith in history (The official Star Wars Fact File, The Ultimate Visual Guide , The Phantom Menace Visual Dictionary ), a "high end master of multiple forms," and has collapsed caves, ragdolled starships and reputable Jedi Masters, and so on.

Not saying Scourge can't win, but Maul has comparable accolades and impressive feats.

Agreed. He's also slain Anon Bondara(called second to none in skill), Siolo'urmanka(a Jedi Hero), and Qui Gon Jinn(council member level ).

I think he could take Scourage.

The_Tempest
Who's the second guy?

Col. Valerian

I initially had a bad view of Scourge due to Revan the novel which depicts him as a weak Sith when compared to the big dogs, but after what Neph said and doing some research on my own, that view changed.

I know what's said and stated about Maul, and I do consider him to be a powerhouse. But after getting to know Scourge better, in my opinion, he could take Maul. After a hard-fought battle. And Maul is the weak link here.

The_Tempest
Your blasphemy has been noted Colonel. I expect a persuasive argument for Scourge, else you can expect a demotion!

Step lively, Colonel!

Don't tell me you play that shitty game.

Col. Valerian
Your blasphemy has been noted Colonel. I expect a persuasive argument for Scourge, else you can expect a demotion!

Step lively, Colonel!

Don't tell me you play that shitty game.

The argument will come... Eventually. Maybe today if I'm not too lazy about it. And you can't demote me.

Alright, I won't tell you then...

The_Tempest
I can't believe you've succumbed to it.

Nephthys

I agree. Maul would certainly put up a good fight. However I do think that Scourges record speaks for itself. Over a hundred Jedi powerful enough to get the Emperor's notice and over a thousand Sith, and I think that its a safe assumption that any Sith whose ambitions caught the Emperors attention would have to be at least Lords. And when you meet Scourge in the game he's hunting down a former Dark Council member, in a fortified Republic base no less which Scourge is attacking solo.

Col. Valerian

I know, right?

You should try it. Some good storylines here and there.

Intrepid37
Can't see a way for Team 2 to win.

Nephthys
Really? erm

Intrepid37
Team 1 is too fast and too skilled. Scourge's position as Vitiate's right mand hand is well earned and his kill count speaks for itself; Malgus killed a battlemaster as an apprentice which is a decent feat, but Kao is featless, as is Ven Zallow.

Tyranus was the lightsaber unstructor in the order for some years and is known to have sparred with Mace Windu: he is a master of the form described as ''ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat'' (Fightsaber) and has knowledge of all seven forms (Labyrinth of Evil), not to mention a vast array of feats such as beating Grievous, fighting as an equal with Mace Windu, one of the order's best swordsmen (Revenge of the Sith) and holding his own against Yoda, perhaps the most skilles swordsman before Luke (Fightsaber).

Maul is not lacking either. He's one of the most highly trained and dangerous Sith in history (Episode I Visual Dictionary for both) and is a master of Juyo which requires him to be a ''high-end master of multiple forms'' (Fightsaber); he's a master of Teras Kasi (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter) and was taught different unarmed fighting styles (Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to The Force). For feats, he's killed Jedi such as Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the order's best swordsmen (The Phantom Menace and Anoon Bondara who is held in high regard by Darsha Assant and Qui-Gon Jinn (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter and Cloak of Deception respectively).

Skill leans in Team 1's favor by a good margin, in my opinion.

Nephthys
Maul's accolades are below Scourges in my opinion. Your argument here is that he's highly trained and skilled and that he's defeated a handful of powerful opponents. But Scourge has 300 years of experience and battles under his belt and he's killed over 1100 powerful opponents. I highly doubt Maul is more skilled than him given that. Malgus is also above him in my esteem, just simply being more powerful than him. He pwned a Jedi who collapsed two buildings on him, while he was already heavily wounded. He's also displayed more powerful Force powers than Maul, all before he received a huge boost. Sidious himself refers to Malgus as one of the greatest Sith in history in his Book of Sith.

As for Tyrannus, both can give him a sufficient challenge and in my opinion Malgus has the power to beat him.

Intrepid37
You want me to address point by point?

The_Tempest
We have outright confirmation that Maul is one of the best ever. You're merely speculating that Scourge qualifies. Maul wins the accolades.

Nephthys
I'm using actual evidence instead of just claiming that things 'tend' to fit into my argument.

The_Tempest
Except that what you provided doesn't prove that Scourge is one of the best ever, let alone above Maul, who really IS.

Nephthys
Maul is merely referred to as 'one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history.' As a Sith Lord and Emperor's Wrath on a level higher than even the Dark Council, Scourge is above such a puny title. And with his kill count he is surely deadlier than Maul is. g-flick

Intrepid37
Uh.

The_Tempest
Are you SURE that's all that is said about Maul? wink

Nephthys
I know he was dumb enough to think he could defeat the entire Jedi Order by himself in their own temple.

So he's a moron for one thing.

Nephthys
You know, I was waiting for you guys to deliver the punchline and tell me what I'm missing, but you totally blew it and now I'm going to bed.

The_Tempest
Sorry, got distracted. You were missing the fact that the Star Wars Fact File refers to Maul as "one of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history."

Nephthys
Ok. I guess you don't really need me to tell you that such a thing can easily refer to Scourge and Malgus too and obviously would. I know you're just messing around and don't really put much stock in such ambiguous statements.

Also laugh at Mauls idiocy with me. He so dumb.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
You want me to address point by point?

I didn't even see this. I don't care how you reply. Its not like mine was point for point.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ok. I guess you don't really need me to tell you that such a thing can easily refer to Scourge and Malgus too and obviously would.

I guess you probably do need me to tell you that you haven't presented similar accolades ascribed to them. Until you do, your appeals are irrelevant.

Nephthys
Nah.

Intrepid37
Maul's accolades are below Scourges
I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

in my opinion.
Oh, so that's why...

Your argument here is that he's highly trained and skilled and that he's defeated a handful of powerful opponents.
Unlike Scourge.

But Scourge has 300 years of experience and battles under his belt
Why do people think experience is so important? If you want to refer to Vader's edge in experience over Luke in ESB, it was hardly Vader's amount of experience that gave him the edge; more Luke's lack of experience.

That said, Yoda's over 900 years and lost to Sidious. List can go on and on and on...

and he's killed over 1100 powerful opponents.
The amount is impressive. The skill required to do so? Not so much.

I highly doubt Maul is more skilled than him given that.
I don't.

Malgus is also above him in my esteem, just simply being more powerful than him. He pwned a Jedi who collapsed two buildings on him, while he was already heavily wounded. He's also displayed more powerful Force powers than Maul, all before he received a huge boost.
Power is not half as important as combat effeciency. Vader, at the time when he faced Maul, was capable of collapsing cathedrals, but he lost to Maul because of Maul's greater skill and speed. Same goes with Marek: you and I know his most ridiculous showings yet they didn't help him beat Ti, Kota or Brood (and only Paratus when he was crying).

Sidious himself refers to Malgus as one of the greatest Sith in history in his Book of Sith.
Are you sure that's what said?

As for Tyrannus, both can give him a sufficient challenge
Tyranus is, per feats, vastly more skilled than Scourge, undeniably more powerful, more masterful and faster.

and in my opinion Malgus has the power to beat him.
I agree he can, but not for a majority. He lacks the skill and speed to do so.

Nephthys
I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

Given the evidence, I'm not entirely sure how you could be so confused by this conclusion. Its hardly such an outrageous stance to take.

Oh, so that's why...

Oh yeah, it's because you're an obstinate prick. Now I remember.

Unlike Scourge.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/really-tell-me-more.gif

Yes, unlike Maul, Scourge has defeated a hell of a lot more than a few measly combatants. Look I know you don't think he wins, but don't be ****ing ridiculous. Don't just ignore his abilities. Of course he's defeated powerful people. His whole purpose is to eliminate powerful threats at the Emperors bidding. Which he has done on over a thousand occasions. And of course he's highly trained and skilled. You don't think he trained at all in those 300 years, with access to the finest materials and facilities the Empire has to offer? While preparing to fight Vitiate with the entire galaxy at stake? When his whole job is to be the Emperor's executioner? Even before then he was skilled enough that instructors at his academy were reluctant to face him. With 300 years worth of battle experience and training under his belt, he's obviously extremely skilled.

Why do people think experience is so important?

Um, duh? Because it is? What, you don't think someone really experienced at fighting.... will be good at fighting? We're talking about skill and obviously with such a huge amount of experience, Scourge would be highly skilled.

If you want to refer to Vader's edge in experience over Luke in ESB, it was hardly Vader's amount of experience that gave him the edge; more Luke's lack of experience.

Well I don't want to refer to that so thanks? I mean, you know this is Luke Skywalker you're talking about? Hardly a valid point of reference.

That said, Yoda's over 900 years and lost to Sidious. List can go on and on and on...

Yeah, and you don't think his experience helped Yoda at all? You don't think thats why he's mastered every lightsaber form, why he's got such a huge mastery of the Force, why he's as good as he is? Unfortunately his 900 years also works against him. Because he's ****ing old. Furthermore, you forget that as Yoda himself says, the darkside is 'Quicker, easier.' So its hardly illogical for someone as powerful and skilled in the darkside as Sidious to rise to Yoda's level.

The fact is, experience matters. 'Only through intense study and dedicated training could one become more proficient in harnessing the power of the Force.' Obviously with a huge amount of experience in battle, using his abilities, perfecting his lightsaber technique against countless opponents, Scourge is a powerful and skilled combatant.

The amount is impressive. The skill required to do so? Not so much.

Cool story bro. Except that it is? And that wasn't my point, which is that with so much battle experience against powerful opponents, of course Scourge is going to be incredibly skilled.

I don't.

Yeah, because Maul, like, trained... alot? And like, knew a bunch of lightsaber forms. And he beat, like, a whole four people. But they were pretty good people, so obviously he's better. Wow.

Power is not half as important as combat effeciency.

Correct, it's much more important. The Force is the real key to victory in any confrontation.

Vader, at the time when he faced Maul, was capable of collapsing cathedrals, but he lost to Maul because of Maul's greater skill and speed. Same goes with Marek: you and I know his most ridiculous showings yet they didn't help him beat Ti, Kota or Brood (and only Paratus when he was crying).

And Vader had much more combat effeciency than Luke yet lost to him. See, I can do that game too. And remember that Scourge himself lost the Hero of Tython, despite almost certainly being more skilled and having better combat efficiency. Also you don't think Starkillers power helped him beat those Jedi? Lol.

Are you sure that's what said?

Something like that. I own the book.

Tyranus is, per feats, vastly more skilled than Scourge, undeniably more powerful, more masterful and faster.

Nah. 'Vastly more skilled'? Yeah, right. Perhaps he's more powerful, but Scourge has other advantages, such as his personal shield generator and his unique ability to feed on the emotions of others, which will be a major boost against other Sith such as Dooku and Maul (especially Maul since he's hateful as hell). His strength was also enhanced by Vitiate.

I agree he can, but not for a majority. He lacks the skill and speed to do so.

I doubt Dooku has a major advantage in speed, Malgus has been described as fast enough when he amps his speed that a person was 'frozen in time' compared to him. He's also highly skilled and powerful, and I believe that power gives him the edge against Dooku.

Intrepid37
laughing out loud

Nephthys
Will to continue putting up with you..... fading.......

Intrepid37
Your response pleases me. A counter-argument will be posted in less than an hour.

Intrepid37
Given the evidence, I'm not entirely sure how you could be so confused by this conclusion. Its hardly such an outrageous stance to take.
It kind of is.

Oh yeah, it's because you're an obstinate prick. Now I remember.
And you're a selfish douchebag.

Yes, unlike Maul, Scourge has defeated a hell of a lot more than a few measly combatants.
And if they were all the caliber of Quinlan Vos, he'd beaten 100 Quinlan Vos'es, which hardly is impressive.

Look I know you don't think he wins, but don't be ****ing ridiculous.
Like you?

Don't just ignore his abilities.
Never did.

Of course he's defeated powerful people. His whole purpose is to eliminate powerful threats at the Emperors bidding. Which he has done on over a thousand occasions. And of course he's highly trained and skilled. You don't think he trained at all in those 300 years, with access to the finest materials and facilities the Empire has to offer? While preparing to fight Vitiate with the entire galaxy at stake? When his whole job is to be the Emperor's executioner? Even before then he was skilled enough that instructors at his academy were reluctant to face him. With 300 years worth of battle experience and training under his belt, he's obviously extremely skilled.
This is the Krayt vs Dooku thread all over again where experience suddenly is the big shit.

Um, duh? Because it is? What, you don't think someone really experienced at fighting.... will be good at fighting? We're talking about skill and obviously with such a huge amount of experience, Scourge would be highly skilled.
Right, and I guess Scourge is beating Dooku because Scourge has more experience, right?

Maul beat Jinn who had more experience than him. Savage beat Plo Koon who's had more experience than him. Anakin has fought evenly with Dooku who had more experience than him. Dooku's held his own against Yoda who's had more experience than him...

Well I don't want to refer to that so thanks? I mean, you know this is Luke Skywalker you're talking about? Hardly a valid point of reference.
Then I'd like an example of superior experience being the tie-breaker.

Yeah, and you don't think his experience helped Yoda at all? You don't think thats why he's mastered every lightsaber form, why he's got such a huge mastery of the Force, why he's as good as he is? Unfortunately his 900 years also works against him. Because he's ****ing old. Furthermore, you forget that as Yoda himself says, the darkside is 'Quicker, easier.' So its hardly illogical for someone as powerful and skilled in the darkside as Sidious to rise to Yoda's level.
And because the dark side is quicker it means that Sidious can obtain the 800 years difference between them?

The fact is, experience matters. 'Only through intense study and dedicated training could one become more proficient in harnessing the power of the Force.' Obviously with a huge amount of experience in battle, using his abilities, perfecting his lightsaber technique against countless opponents, Scourge is a powerful and skilled combatant.
Sucks for him that he's in a lack of feat.

Cool story bro. Except that it is? And that wasn't my point, which is that with so much battle experience against powerful opponents, of course Scourge is going to be incredibly skilled.
The only point you're making is that because of his experience, Scourge can beat Maul despite lacking the feats.

Yeah, because Maul, like, trained... alot? And like, knew a bunch of lightsaber forms. And he beat, like, a whole four people. But they were pretty good people, so obviously he's better. Wow.
Yeah, it does, because all of it requires him to be a skilled swordsman. Beating 100 Quinlan Vos'es is hardly requires Scourge to be skilled.

Correct, it's much more important. The Force is the real key to victory in any confrontation.
On the basis of that, Maul is a more powerful Force practioner than Scourge. His victory is assured.

And Vader had much more combat effeciency
If you're talking about RotJ, Vader did not have much more combat effeciency, so this is not a valid point.

Something like that. I own the book.
Give the exact excerpt.

Nah. 'Vastly more skilled'? Yeah, right.
Alright, you think beating 100 Quinlan Vos'es (whom Dooku ragdolled and stomped effortlessly) is as impressive as Dooku?

Perhaps he's more powerful,
Perhaps?

but Scourge has other advantages, such as his personal shield generator and his unique ability to feed on the emotions of others, which will be a major boost against other Sith such as Dooku and Maul (especially Maul since he's hateful as hell). His strength was also enhanced by Vitiate.
Maul has that ability.

I doubt Dooku has a major advantage in speed, Malgus has been described as fast enough when he amps his speed that a person was 'frozen in time' compared to him.
Never said it was major, but it's worth noting.

He's also highly skilled and powerful, and I believe that power gives him the edge against Dooku.
Except Malgus has no power advantage.

Nephthys
laughing out loud

Intrepid37
Will to continue putting up with you..... fading.......

Nephthys
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-Harder-On-Futurama.gif

The_Tempest
Intrepid kicked your ass, bro. Team 1 has this in the bag.

Intrepid37
cool

Nephthys
Intrepid kicked your ass, bro. Team 1 has this in the bag.

Sure thing. His lazy, one-sentence replies sure did floor me.

With laughter.

Also, you yourself claimed that Maul and Scourge are comparable.

It kind of is.

My argument already convinced Col. Valerian. It cannot be that outrageous.

And you're a selfish douchebag.

I'm... selfish? That's.... an odd insult? Why am I selfish? Plus I think you fit the description of a douchebag considering you randomly insulted me out of nowhere.

And if they were all the caliber of Quinlan Vos, he'd beaten 100 Quinlan Vos'es, which hardly is impressive.

Quinlan Vos doesn't even remotely have what it takes to catch the Emperor's notice. Scourge is sent after 'Jedi who become too powerful or Sith who become too ambitious.' He's not sent after small fry like Vos. And as I alluded to, Vitiate is highly seclusive. Any Jedi or Sith who actually manage to catch his attention would surely be forces to be reckoned with.

Like you?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp1qgnBJVQ1qcytwr.gif

Never did.

O RLY? You seem to be ignoring the feats and skills of Malgus and Dooku and blindly trumpeting Dooku and Mauls. You're very close-minded.

This is the Krayt vs Dooku thread all over again where experience suddenly is the big shit.

Well having greater experience in combat sure is a point in your favor. But you seem to think that its just about 'experience'. No, experience is merely the pathway to being more skilled in combat. Its like if you have a chef who's really well trained. He might be a good chef, but he probably isn't going to be as good a chef as the guy who's trained just as much, but is extremely experienced in actually cooking in a restaurant. He's a better cook because he's actually cooked a lot more than him. Just like Scourge has fought and killed a lot more people than Maul has.

Right, and I guess Scourge is beating Dooku because Scourge has more experience, right?

Now I didn't say he'd beat him. He'd definitely give him a good fight though.

Maul beat Jinn who had more experience than him. Savage beat Plo Koon who's had more experience than him. Anakin has fought evenly with Dooku who had more experience than him. Dooku's held his own against Yoda who's had more experience than him...

Yeah no shit. I'm not saying that experience is the mother of all things that instantly makes you win. All I'm saying is that Scourge is probably just as skilled if not more skilled than Maul because he's got a lot more combat experience than him, he's fought a lot more people than Maul has and he's killed something like 300 times as many powerful opponents as Maul has. All those examples you mentioned were of people doing well despite their disadvantage in terms of experience and skill.

Then I'd like an example of superior experience being the tie-breaker.

There are countless examples in all of fiction.

And because the dark side is quicker it means that Sidious can obtain the 800 years difference between them?

It means he can reach the same level as him in a shorter amount of time. That's what 'quicker and easier' means, doofus.

Sucks for him that he's in a lack of feat.

Haha, what?

The only point you're making is that because of his experience, Scourge can beat Maul despite lacking the feats.

Bro, killing over 1100 powerful opponents is the feat. I'm merely extrapolating from that that Scourge is obviously an incredibly experienced and skilled combatant.

Yeah, it does, because all of it requires him to be a skilled swordsman. Beating 100 Quinlan Vos'es is hardly requires Scourge to be skilled.

You don't think any of the 1100 Jedi and Sith Scourge killed were maybe as good as Maul or close to him?

Plus it would be 1100 Quinlan Vos. And yeah, if someone kicked Vos' ass that many times he'd probably have some sick skillz.

On the basis of that, Maul is a more powerful Force practioner than Scourge. His victory is assured.

So do you accept that Combat effeciency is not much more important than power or not?

If you're talking about RotJ, Vader did not have much more combat effeciency, so this is not a valid point.

Bluh bluh yes he did. He was a far superior swordsman and Force practitioner.

Give the exact excerpt.

I don't care enough about it to do that. Its an annoying book to flip through.

Alright, you think beating 100 Quinlan Vos'es (whom Dooku ragdolled and stomped effortlessly) is as impressive as Dooku?

Beating 100 Quinlan Vos'es at once would be as impressive as Dooku, yes. Also:

http://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/strawman-motivational.jpg

And again, it would be 1100 Quinlan Vos'es.

Perhaps?

Yes?

Maul has that ability.

Not to the same extent, if at all (first I've heard about it). Scourge gorges himself on his opponents fear and hate and it drastically increases his powers.

Except Malgus has no power advantage.

His Force powers are more devastating. And he overpowered a Jedi who collapsed 2 buildings on him, when he was already wounded. He was able to hold a dropship in place for a time, resisting the force of its thrusters. He gained a big boost in power since then.

ROTJ Vader
^Malgus is not > Dooku in TK or the force. Dooku has better feats such as lifting tons of huge orbalisks with the force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfIEdlba5ZQ

and collapsing a giant metal bridge with ease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ieRQ-4BB4

0:19

tooling Sora Bulq with force lightning one of the best duelists in the order and master of all 7 forms.

http://http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/18/42/53/04/sorapw10.jpg

http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/18/42/53/04/sorapw10.jpg

So idg how Malgus>Dooku in the force.... But Malgus is close.

Intrepid37
My argument already convinced Col. Valerian. It cannot be that outrageous.
Col. Valerian's agreement to your stance improves the chance of your argument being correct?

I'm... selfish? That's.... an odd insult? Why am I selfish? Plus I think you fit the description of a douchebag considering you randomly insulted me out of nowhere.
I was kidding, not insulting.

Quinlan Vos doesn't even remotely have what it takes to catch the Emperor's notice. Scourge is sent after 'Jedi who become too powerful or Sith who become too ambitious.' He's not sent after small fry like Vos. And as I alluded to, Vitiate is highly seclusive. Any Jedi or Sith who actually manage to catch his attention would surely be forces to be reckoned with.
Quinlan Vos got Dooku's attention.

Give me some feats for whom Scourge killed or drop the point.

O RLY? You seem to be ignoring the feats and skills of Malgus and Dooku and blindly trumpeting Dooku and Mauls. You're very close-minded.
I'm ignoring nothing. I've already posted all of Malgus's feats in another thread. Thing is, I'm not impressed by anything you've posted regarding Scourge (besides his position as the Emperor's right hand, but it's hardly enough in itself to rank him above Team 1's combatants).

Well having greater experience in combat sure is a point in your favor. But you seem to think that its just about 'experience'. No, experience is merely the pathway to being more skilled in combat. Its like if you have a chef who's really well trained. He might be a good chef, but he probably isn't going to be as good a chef as the guy who's trained just as much, but is extremely experienced in actually cooking in a restaurant. He's a better cook because he's actually cooked a lot more than him. Just like Scourge has fought and killed a lot more people than Maul has.
This assumes that everyone has the exact same learning curve. Qui-Gon Jinn had more experience than RotS Obi-Wan Kenobi, but I doubt that you'd rank the former above the latter.

Now I didn't say he'd beat him. He'd definitely give him a good fight though.
How can you possibly say that?

Yeah no shit. I'm not saying that experience is the mother of all things that instantly makes you win. All I'm saying is that Scourge is probably just as skilled if not more skilled than Maul because he's got a lot more combat experience than him, he's fought a lot more people than Maul has and he's killed something like 300 times as many powerful opponents as Maul has. All those examples you mentioned were of people doing well despite their disadvantage in terms of experience and skill.
You're spewing bullshit around. That Scourge ''probably'' is more skilled than Maul because of his superior combat experience is a bad argument. Maul has mastered more forms, is faster, more powerful, has beaten more impressive foes than Scourge has. It's simple to pick the winner.

There are countless examples in all of fiction.
Provide one regarding Star Wars.

It means he can reach the same level as him in a shorter amount of time. That's what 'quicker and easier' means, doofus.
''Shorter amount of time'' has to be really goddamn short since there's a 800 year difference.

Haha, what?
He lacks skill feats.

Bro, killing over 1100 powerful opponents is the feat. I'm merely extrapolating from that that Scourge is obviously an incredibly experienced and skilled combatant.
You're making absolutely no point. Give me some feats that compare to Maul's then we'll have a discussion.

You don't think any of the 1100 Jedi and Sith Scourge killed were maybe as good as Maul or close to him?
Nothing suggests it.

Plus it would be 1100 Quinlan Vos. And yeah, if someone kicked Vos' ass that many times he'd probably have some sick skillz.
No, he wouldn't. Beating Quinlan Vos 1100 times is not more impressive than beating him thrice.

So do you accept that Combat effeciency is not much more important than power or not?
Not at all. Skill has always proven to be more important than power.

Bluh bluh yes he did. He was a far superior swordsman and Force practitioner. /B]
Superior Force practitioner? Sure. Swordsman? Not at all: according to the RotJ comic, it was ''a fight of equals''.

I don't care enough about it to do that. Its an annoying book to flip through.
Good.

Beating 100 Quinlan Vos'es at once would be as impressive as Dooku, yes. Also:

http://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/strawman-motivational.jpg

And again, it would be 1100 Quinlan Vos'es.
Scourge beat the 1100 opponents at the same time?

Yes?
You're serious?

Not to the same extent, if at all (first I've heard about it). Scourge gorges himself on his opponents fear and hate and it drastically increases his powers.
The battle wore on, and for a time it was fought evenly. But Darth Maul was the stronger of the two and was driven by a frenzy that surpassed even the frantic determination that fueled Obi-Wan.

-The Phantom Menace

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/MaulfedoffKenobisanger_zps6fbf4dc3.png

-Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to The Force

His Force powers are more devastating.
They're not.

And he overpowered a Jedi who collapsed 2 buildings on him, when he was already wounded. He was able to hold a dropship in place for a time, resisting the force of its thrusters. He gained a big boost in power since then.
Malgus's best Force feats are sending multiple people flying and moving his transport at the same time, hurling boulders and lifted parts of two collapsed buildings while injured. Impressive? Very. As good as Dooku? Not quite (he's close though).

Vensai
I would go with Team 1 but they honestly match up closely. It's not a stomp either way.

The_Tempest
No one has denied that Scourge is skilled. But being "incredibly experienced and skilled" doesn't mean he rivals, let alone surpasses, Maul, who is confirmed to be one of the very best in history.

In other words, you're arbitrarily determining Scourge's higher placement from a flawed comparison.

Nephthys
Its called making a judgement based on the facts. Just because you disagree with how I weigh the evidence doesn't make it wrong.

The_Tempest
Its called making a judgement based on the facts. Just because you disagree with how I weigh the evidence doesn't make it wrong.

Except that your judgment isn't validated by the "facts." You're simply arbitrarily decreeing that Scourge rivals or surpasses Maul. We can determine that Scourge is highly skilled; we cannot determine that he is more skilled than one who is actually (and consistently) recognized as one of the best.

Nephthys
Being recognised as 'one of the best' means ****all and you know. Best out of how many? A thousand? Scourges accomplishments make him certainly "one of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history." For comparisons sake it means nothing.

And my judgement is just as valid as yours. Scourges killcount is astronomical. Most SW characters fight less then 10 powerful opponents in their screentime. Scourge has literally hundreds of times as many notches on his belt. Scourge is already a highly skilled swordsman and Juyo practitioner as of Revan, with 300 years of extra training and battle experience to his name no way is it 'invalid' for me to judge his skills superior to Mauls. To call it arbitrary is laughable.

The_Tempest
Being recognised as 'one of the best' means ****all and you know. Best out of how many? A thousand? Scourges accomplishments make him certainly "one of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history." For comparisons sake it means nothing.

lol @ your delusion that we can create precise comparisons between two characters of different eras. laughing out loud

We deal in quasi-accurate generalities in most scenarios. We have X who is lauded by a number of sources as an elite caliber warrior in the context of galactic history and Y who may qualify as such by merit of his abilities. We have a known and confirmed prodigy being compared to a suspected one.

If you haven't learned by now, I'll not be forthcoming with the benefit of the doubt until you learn to be.

And my judgement is just as valid as yours.

It's not my judgment with which you're contending. I haven't determined either way where Scourge ranks next to other characters. Take it up with the source material that have declared Maul one of the best and have apparently not explicitly determined Scourge as such.

Scourges killcount is astronomical. Most SW characters fight less then 10 powerful opponents in their screentime. Scourge has literally hundreds of times as many notches on his belt. Scourge is already a highly skilled swordsman and Juyo practitioner as of Revan, with 300 years of extra training and battle experience to his name no way is it 'invalid' for me to judge his skills superior to Mauls. To call it arbitrary is laughable.

Then by your reckoning, Scourge must be higher than Bane. And Kas'im. And Krayt. And Sidious. And practically every other warrior in the galaxy of repute, since most of them haven't remotely approached that body count. Somehow I expect you won't commit to that. wink

Nephthys
If you haven't learned by now, I'll not be forthcoming with the benefit of the doubt until you learn to be.

At this point I don't even know what the **** you want me to admit. Its exactly why I'm so sick of even talking to you.

The_Tempest
...Why are you being so emotional?

Nephthys
Becuase every ****ing time I talk to you you find a way to throw a past argument or something I've said in the past in my face. Or you twist it into some goddamn lecture on something. I've told you to quit it, but you obviously don't care that it pisses me off. So you know what? I don't care either.

I'm done. You're not on ignore, but don't expect me to bother with you from now on.

The_Tempest
no expression

I wasn't really trying to lecture you (hence the lack of insults and general snideness), but merely pointing out that you can't expect me to debate under double standards. That's not going to change.

Taay'hai
Team one... clearly.

In a good fight. They still win. gg.

Taay'hai
Nephthys, I don't mean any offense but you're bringing this upon yourself. You called Tempest a prick in the first place.

Secondly, you're taking these threads way too seriously. You used to be a very good sport, but now...
Now you just make me want to feel bad and sit in a corner.

I miss the old Nephthys, who didn't let his emotions run high on the Internet. Pls come back friend, don't shut people out like Tempest when it's your fault. I believe in you. big grin

Nephthys
Please don't butt into things that are between me and Tempest.

Taay'hai
See? You snobbishly do say the same kind of crap again! This is the internet, please--
"Stop... stop now, come back! I love you!"
Pls don't call me a liar

Nephthys
I'm not being snobbish bro. Its just that its rather rude and intrusive to comment on a personal matter that has nothing to do with you. Especially when as you say, emotions are running high.

The Merchant
Maul can beat Scourge. Having more experience means so much until you just meet someone stronger than you. It's like Anakin vs. Dooku, although Maul won't stomp Scourge, I would give it to him in a fight.

Taay'hai
Can't believe I wasted my time with you Neph, even though I care about you. You're an emotional little ****, and that's all I have to say from here.

The Merchant
As for Dooku vs. Malgus, well Malgus is meant to be what Vader is supposed to be like according to Sidious. However that can be interpreted as simply having Malgus's mind-set rather than power. And Malgus's lightning is inconsistent. First he can't even fry a Soldier, next he fries 2 Jedi Padawans. Dooku's lightning was able to hold down Anakin and Sora Bulq, however.

Intrepid37
Personal matter lol.

Nephthys
http://i43.tinypic.com/rivzfs.jpg

Intrepid37
So cool.

Col. Valerian
Col. Valerian's agreement to your stance improves the chance of your argument being correct?

It really, really does.

Seriously, though. Both Maul and Scourge have feats that prove their skill is top-tier. Maul has both, feats and statements that demonstrate his caliber. Scourge has more feats than statements on him, but they shouldn't be ignored. He served as Emperor Vitiate's personal assassin, and served him for more than 300 years. It is only logical to assume there were significantly powerful individuals who threatened him, and Scourge was always there to deal with them personally. The fact that the Emperor trusts his power and skill enough to make him his only personal assassin in a Sith Order of thousands, speaks volumes of his power, in the same way that the fact that Sidious chose Maul as his ultimate Sith assassin and apprentice speaks volumes of Maul's. The problem here is that Maul has two big statements on his side which, even though ambiguous, prove his worth even further.

It really comes down to personal opinion. There's no way to make absolutely clear who is the top dog out of the two. There isn't enough evidence to put the stakes in favour of either of them, imho.

Col. Valerian
Sorry for the double post, just forgot to mention...

I don't entirely agree with your argument about experience, Neph. Experience definitely gives you the edge over an opponent who is inexperienced and/or somewhat unprepared, but when both combatants are highly experienced the battle becomes purely about skill, power, strength and ability.

Nephthys
The fact is though that Scourge is 300 years more experienced than Maul. And I've never said that experience is solely great, just that with Scourge having so much experience and having fought over 1100 powerful opponents that he would naturally have gained incredible skill and combat acumen from that. He was already a highly skilled Juyo master as of Revan. With so much more time for training and with so many victories under his belt, I simply believe that that would make him more skilled than Maul as of TOR. Experience itself may not be an edge, but the skill and combat ability you gain from it definitely is.

Intrepid37
Prove that he gained enough skill to beat Maul.

Nephthys
Prove that Maul has the skill to beat him.

Intrepid37
Better feats.

Nephthys
What makes them better?

Intrepid37
The opponents he's beaten has reputation as some of the most skilled Jedi, and in Obi-Wan's case, feats.

Nephthys
And Scourge has defeated over 1100 powerful Jedi and Sith. What makes what you said more impressive than that?

Taay'hai
Darth Maul was apart of the Order of the Sith Lords--the rule of two, where power isn't so divided and wasted amongst an entire empire of infighting. Compared to Scourge, he is completely elite, no matter how old and how experienced he is. Darth Maul has made more difference in the galaxy than Scourge ever did, purely through his mind, his skill, and his commitment to the Sith Code.
Maul isn't lame enough to get shot in the back with a blaster, anyway.

Intrepid37
I just said it. He's beaten opponents who were recognized as some of the best Jedi and have actual feats.

Nephthys
Scourge helped save the entire galaxy so I doubt Maul exceeds that, lol.

Intrepid37
lol.

Taay'hai
Darth Maul doesn't split hairs. He had enough ways to take over the galaxy, rather than SAVE it.

ares834
Didn't Scourge hold his own against the HoT? That's quite impressive.

Taay'hai
And Scourge alone didn't save the galaxy. He ended up a sith Pretender at the wake of the HoT, following the one who wanted to destroy the Emperor.
Might I remind you that the Dark Council was still there?

Taay'hai
Scourge also isn't that hard to defeat--especially against HoT

Nephthys
I just said it. He's beaten opponents who were recognized as some of the best Jedi and have actual feats.

What I'm driving at is that as the good Colonel said, theres no 'proof' that either is superior. There is only the respective evidence on either side, your opinion on how it compares and your arguments supporting your opinion.

Originally posted by Taay'hai
And Scourge alone didn't save the galaxy. He ended up a sith Pretender at the wake of the HoT, following the one who wanted to destroy the Emperor.
Might I remind you that the Dark Council was still there?

If Scourge hadn't of told the HoT and the Jedi Council about Vitiates ritual then he would have consumed the galaxy.

Originally posted by ares834
Didn't Scourge hold his own against the HoT? That's quite impressive.

The Hero beat him, but he wasn't pwned.

Taay'hai
Supporting his opinion, or his facts?

Nephthys
His opinion based on how he interprets the facts.

Intrepid37
What I'm driving at is that as the good Colonel said, theres no 'proof' that either is superior. There is only the respective evidence on either side, your opinion on how it compares and your arguments supporting your opinion.
There's no proof unless it's explicitly confirmed by canon, but we can make reasonable conclusions. I find it unreasonable that beating 1100 Quinlan Vos'es over an unspecified amount of time and with no descriptions of how the fights went, is more impressive than beating someone like Obi-Wan.

Nephthys
There's no proof unless it's explicitly confirmed by canon, but we can make reasonable conclusions. I find it unreasonable that beating 1100 Quinlan Vos'es over an unspecified amount of time and with no descriptions of how the fights went, is more impressive than beating someone like Obi-Wan.

Except we know that it isn't 1100 Quinlan Vos'. In the game he is sent after a former Dark Council member, giving us an idea of the caliber of his opponents. Its specifically said that he's sent after those Jedi who become too powerful. And as I pointed out, Vitiate is incredibly seclusive and uninterested in the galaxy at large so its logical to assume that any Jedi who's powerful enough to get his notice would have to be damn powerful.

Theres also the fact that even the Dark Council is nervous of him and what Valerian said:

'Seriously, though. Both Maul and Scourge have feats that prove their skill is top-tier. Maul has both, feats and statements that demonstrate his caliber. Scourge has more feats than statements on him, but they shouldn't be ignored. He served as Emperor Vitiate's personal assassin, and served him for more than 300 years. It is only logical to assume there were significantly powerful individuals who threatened him, and Scourge was always there to deal with them personally. The fact that the Emperor trusts his power and skill enough to make him his only personal assassin in a Sith Order of thousands, speaks volumes of his power,'

Where on Earth are you getting 1100 Quinlan Vos from anyway? If the target was weak, they'd just send a Bounty Hunter.

Intrepid37
1100 Quinlan Vos lol.

His victims were powerful enough to get Vitiate's attention, but it's hardly enough. They got his attention because they became ''too powerful''. What is ''too powerful''? I'd like to know. What is ''damn powerful''? I'd like to know. Likewise, I'd never rank Maul that high if he only had one accolade putting him among the best and then the fact that he's mastered multiple forms. I'd never rank Agen Kolar high if he only had stomped Quinlan Vos, but I do because he's got multiple accolades confirming his formadability. I'm not ranking Malgus extraordinarily high as a swordsman because Ven Zallow and Kao Cen Darach have no feats. I'm not ranking Kas'im extraordinarily high because of mastery of all forms and perfecting their movements.

You get the point. I see no reason to rank them particularly high.

Nephthys
I get the point that you're not looking very hard.

Intrepid37
You're very stupid.

Nephthys
Ironic considering I seem to be the only one thinking between us. What is 'too powerful?' What the hell do you think it is? Use your brain, read the words I'm posting, and figure it out for yourself. You're just writing off Scourges opponents as obviously being made up of weaklings with no basis at all. Which is absurd considering how many powerhouses are running around the TOR era. When random Jedi can collapse duracrete buildings, when mere Sith apprentices can destroy entire city blocks, when archeologists can summon massive lightning storms. Its obvious to me that the only reason you don't see a reason to rank them high is because you don't want to see a reason.

Intrepid37
lmao

That they must be powerful because they caught Vitiate's attention is baseless. That they must be powerful because TOR features other extremely powerful individuals is baseless. That Scourge's experience has gained him enough skill to beat Maul is baseless.

Your argument is baseless.

Nephthys
Is there even a point typing up a response to your post from yesterday? I'm not wasting my time on someone not listening to a word I'm saying.

Intrepid37
Do you realize how dumb you're acting right now?

Nephthys
Its just that I'm tired from a really great wank and I can't be asked to put up with your BS.

Intrepid37
I see, you're wanking to Scourge. Explains your inability to grasp simple logic.

Nephthys
Its the voice. So damn sexy.

Intrepid37
doctor

Nephthys
Wtf?

Intrepid37
It's me giving you your needed medicine. Hopefully you will respond to my earlier post with a well-written rebuttal instead of the comedy that has been your last few replies.

Don't disappoint me.

Col. Valerian
This has gone for too long. He's not stupid for thinking Scourge can beat Maul, and you're not stupid for thinking Maul can beat Scourge. Both sides of the argument have good points, and there's no way you guys are going to convince one another. Why not just agree to disagree and leave it that?

Intrepid37
Okay.

Nephthys
Do you realize how dumb you're acting right now, Valerian? wink

Should I respond or not?

Intrepid37
I don't care.

Nephthys
Aw, are you gwumpy?

Intrepid37
No. blink

Col. Valerian
Do you realize how dumb you're acting right now, Valerian? wink

Should I respond or not?

Now you're gonna tell me it was all good fun?

Nephthys
Er, I was just doing that thing, where I parrot something that Intrepid said, in, um, an ironic manner?

Col. Valerian
I noticed that by the end, but you know the first couple of times it was for realz.

Taay'hai
Nephthys still being immature as hell

Intrepid37
LOL. I'm laughing at this.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Taay'hai
Nephthys still being immature as hell

22 years and counting. cool

Nephthys

Nephthys
They're not.

They are? erm

Dooku uses TK and lightning to incapacitate opponents. Malgus ****ing kills them. He kills opponents with TK pushes hard enough to shatter bones and blasts holes through his opponents with lightning. You think Malgus would have merely tossed Kenobi around? No, he would have thrown him hard enough to snap him in half. His Force powers are much more devastating in combat and more advanced in the sheer level of destruction he unleashes.

Malgus's best Force feats are sending multiple people flying and moving his transport at the same time, hurling boulders and lifted parts of two collapsed buildings while injured. Impressive? Very. As good as Dooku? Not quite (he's close though).

Why not? You forget that he got a lot more powerful after doing those. He owned a Jedi who collapsed two buildings made of duracrete and transparisteel (already a feat comparable to Dooku by itself) and he did it while wounded and tired. And he wasn't even at his peak.

Also how does Dooku react to a Force Maelstrom?

Intrepid37
Lol.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 is superior

NewGuy01
I'm going Team 2 for a slight majority.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This is a tough duel to decide. Ultimately, i'd go along with Malgus and Scourge, but only barely. I believe Scourge is unique in the sense that he gorges himself on his enemies emotions, which would especially bolster his power in an all-sith battle.

NewGuy01
And you know, the fact that Malgus will **** shit up with his Force Maelstroms.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plus the fact that Scourge was the Emperor's Wrath, (although whether it was out of his loyalty to the emperor or his power eludes me.) Also given the fact that after Malgus killed his wife, he was described as a raging storm a hate, as if he was the dark side itself, another thing scourge can gorge on.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plus the fact that Scourge was the Emperor's Wrath I swear that's a power from the Elder Scrolls.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I swear that's a power from the Elder Scrolls.
lol, i believe it's called emperor's voice.

Lord Lucien
Oh. The Old Republic got pretty silly, huh? Imagine that on your CV? "Emperor's Wrath"? Did you work for a producer of DnD knockoffs?

ROTJ Vader
lol

Jeffery678

Oakley Sunglasses

http://garden.fulltomlins.com/1.jpghttp://garden.fulltomlins.com/2.jpghttp://garden.fulltomlins.com/3.jpghttp://garden.fulltomlins.com/4.jpghttp://garden.fulltomlins.com/5.jpg

Intrepid37
No. It makes it less outrageous when other people agree with me though and are swayed by my reasoning.
Oh.

Nah. The sheer number is more than enough, as is the knowledge that Scourge was only sent after extremely powerful opponents.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Thats fair. Its just that you seem to be only focusing on Dooku and Mauls accomplishment, feats and accolades while not even bothering to compare them to Malgus and Scourges. Thats all.
Nah, though I do admit I haven't read much of Malgus in a while.

True, however you'd have to be a real twit to think that Maul learned more about lightsaber combat and fighting in 20 years than Scourge did in 320 years. Remember that Scourge was already a highly skilled Juyo practitioner before the events of Revan. Which means that he too would have had to have been a 'high-end master of multiple forms.'
Master or practioner?

My argument is simply that because he has had so much time for training and growth and since he's fought so many battles since then, then he logically would have accrued more skill than Maul has in a much lesser amount of time.
And this interpretation occurs only in your head, not in a canon source. That he'd gain more skill than Maul is your opinion.

I guess I just rate Scourge higher than you do.
Yep.

No, it isn't. No more than Maul "probably" being more skilled because of your list is a good argument. I'm making logical deductions based off of the evidence. It is not bullshit to conclude that an already highly skilled swordman would become even more highly skilled with 300 years worth of extra training, nigh-unlimited resources and being engaged in regular combat versus powerful opponents. Please tell me where the bullshit is.
No one said that he wouldn't become more skilled... more skilled than another very skilled swordsman? There's simply no proof for that.

Scourge was a Juyo master as of Revan, do you really think that in 300 years he hasn't expanded his skills? So at the worst he's mastered just as many, likely more. Even as an apprentice in the academy his lightsaber instructor's hesitated to face him. He became superior as a Sith Lord. He undoubtably became superior still in 300 years as the Emperor's Wrath.
You just said he improved over 300 years...

Faster? Scourge outran automated speeder cannon's. The same cannons designed to track and fire while moving at mach speeds, at other vehicles moving just as fast.
He never ''outran'' it, he evaded its shots, and I have no idea why you think this is so impressive.

Maul dodges a hail of blasterbolts:

A hail of blaster bolts came through the front door.

Dodging them, Maul ran across the room and dived headfirst through a window, somersaulting in midair so that he hit the ground on his feet, now centered among his astonished opponents.

-End Game

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/2270172-new_picture__2__zpsb4cd853a.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/2270171-new_picture__1__zpsac837232.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/2270170-new_picture__0__zpsaa7b42e8.jpg

More powerful? Maybe, though Scourge is obviously extremely powerful for Vitiate not to have replaced him in 300 years. Do I need to explain the logic behind Vitiate not finding a more powerful, skilled assassin in 300 as being impressive to you or are you going to write that off too?
Sure.

Revan also says that Scourge has 'incredible potential', which he's surely achieved by Swtor. It also indicates that he's not even close to his peak as of Revan.
Nice feats.

Also Scourge can just deal with Mauls power with his shield generator.
He can?

Telekinetically he's able to smash a droid and crack its metal hull:

'Reaching out to grab the drone with the invisible hand of the Force, he slammed it back down to the ground. Its legs snapped off and went flying; its exterior hull cracked in multiple places; several of the welded plates tore loose. All the lights on its body went dim.'
Good, but not on Maul's level.

and is proficient enough to use the Force to casually Force choke a man to death without motioning.
K.

More impressive foes? Hahahaha, no. Maul has defeated about 4 impressive foes. Scourge has defeated over a thousand.
Except that we've no description of the fights and the exact power-level of who he fought... Maul's beaten two of the greatest swordsmen ever produced by the order (one of them he killed in a span of 30 seconds).

It isn't that simple. I'm not even arguing that Scourge will win through experience. I'm arguing that his experience will grant him skill and ability in excess of Maul.
Which is your opinion. You're gonna need concrete proof or the only one you'll convince will be yourself.

This assumes that Yoda was constantly getting better in combat through those 800 years. Which is false. After mastering all lightsaber forms, theres not much more skilled he could have gotten. Which is why Sidious catches up merely by doing the same.
Palpatine hardly had time to get better. He was a 24/7 chancellor after Plagueis died.

You mean other than defeating 1100 powerful opponents?
Yes.

Also I'm sure he has some feats in Revan.
Enlighten me.

Killing over 1100 powerful opponents is the feat. I've also mentioned a few of his other feats throughout this discussion.
Disagreed.

Except, you know, common freaking sense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maul isn't some transcendental prodigy, I'm certain there were numerous Jedi and Sith as powerful as him in between Kotor and Tor. There are numerous in the single time-frame of the game for christs sake.
Nice counter-argument.

Not more impressive, but it would make you more impressive, as obviously you'd hone your skills in fighting him and become a superior combatant through the experience.
Sure, but the amount of gain in power is ambigouous.

Plus beating him that many time without losing is actually rather impressive.
Meh.

Also, Scourge was obviously fighting people a hell of a lot better than Quinlan Vos.
Lol.

Tell that to Dooku.
Why

no expression

Vader is a better swordman than Luke. Luke has no training in swordsmanship whatsoever. Vader is a master of many forms and was complimented by Dooku for his skills.
Nope. They're equals according to the comic adaption and a fact file.

Yes. I am. no expression

Could you stop it with the incredulous questions? Dooku and Maul are not that damn good that suggestions of parity are met with incredulous skepticism.
Malgus' parity with them is more than acceptable, but Scourge? Not having it.

snip
Fair.

Intrepid37
They are? erm

Dooku uses TK and lightning to incapacitate opponents. Malgus ****ing kills them. He kills opponents with TK pushes hard enough to shatter bones and blasts holes through his opponents with lightning. You think Malgus would have merely tossed Kenobi around? No, he would have thrown him hard enough to snap him in half. His Force powers are much more devastating in combat and more advanced in the sheer level of destruction he unleashes.
Which might be true, but in contrary to Dooku and Maul, he's never used his so call ''sheer levels of destruction'' against his opponents. Why would he do so in this fight?

Why not? You forget that he got a lot more powerful after doing those. He owned a Jedi who collapsed two buildings made of duracrete and transparisteel (already a feat comparable to Dooku by itself) and he did it while wounded and tired. And he wasn't even at his peak.
Hmm...

Okay, putting them as equals in terms of power is fair.

Also how does Dooku react to a Force Maelstrom?
He can use it in a fight?

Nephthys

Master Han
Is there a meaningful difference? Either way he's be a high-end master of both Soresu and Ataru. The fact that his swordsmanship even while at the academy was such that the lightsaber instructors feared him, indicates him to be highly skilled. You don't intimidate people whose job it is to teach lightsabers, with your lightsaber skills without being highly skilled.

Dooku was more than a match for Anakin before the latter went in-teh-zone. Said Anakin made the lightsaber battlemaster do far more than feel hesitation to fight him; he made him dead. wink

Ah, your arbitrary declarations again. Apparently, you, through some hidden mathematics you continue to refuse to show us, feel that a certain amount of years of experience will put a certain character over another, but not over another, without doing anything to explain why.

Maul also knows teras kasi.

LOL wut? That the bolts ricocheted off the grounds behind him mean that they weren't chasing him in a straight line...

and I would point out that TPM Qui Gon and Obi Wan still have even your odd interpretation of the feat beat by an order of magnitude.

and I would put that Scourge was this close to dying against a bunch of droids, and this close to losing to a bounty hunter.

Can shields block the Force? It doesn't appear as though the Force has to travel through physical space; Vader chokes an officer through a camera, remember?

Put it this way; who is the strongest opponent Scourge has defeated?

And Anoon Bondara's skills were "second to none"...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nephthys
'The Empire's ultimate non-Force sensitive warriors,* the Imperial Guard is a selfless army devoted to the Emperor and the Emperor alone. Clad in blood-red armor and wielding deadly weaponry designed to exterminate Force users, the Imperial Guard sweep across the Galaxy at the Emperor's command, destroying his enemies both outside and inside the Empire. When confronted by the Imperial Guard, the mightiest of Sith have laid down their lightsabers and surrendered to the inevitable death offered by a guardsman's electrostaff. Even members of the Dark Council fear the Imperial Guard, though many would die before confessing such weakness."

:T

* Better than Mando's. wink

You must really like talking to me though, to be janking my debate with Intrepid.

Master Han
Oh, wow...they aren't even Force sensitive? laughing

Remember how Dooku trained General Grievous, who has taken on his fair share of council members?

Nephthys
They can draw on the power of Vitiate actually. Even Revan was unable to push one back more than half a step when they did this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.