CW Mace Windu & CW Obi Wan Kenobi Vs Darth Maul & Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
Who takes it!?.

Vensai
Team 1 takes this.
Or Mace just lends Kenobi his saber while he goes to get a glass of water.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Vensai

lol.

TBH I could see this really going ether way. Windu beats Maul ofcourse but I dont think he does it easy Maul gives a damn good fight. Meanwhile Savage Vs Kenobi could go ether way but I favor Kenobi because of his superior saber skills, however Savage is far greater with the force. So Jedi should win about 7/10 but its close because Savage may beat down Kenobi with the force then jump over and help Maul and together they take down Windu for a majority. So I say Jedi but its damn close.

Vensai
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
lol.

TBH I could see this really going ether way. Windu beats Maul ofcourse but I dont think he does it easy Maul gives a damn good fight. Meanwhile Savage Vs Kenobi could go ether way but I favor Kenobi because of his superior saber skills, however Savage is far greater with the force. So Jedi should win about 7/10 but its close because Savage may beat down Kenobi with the force then jump over and help Maul and together they take down Windu for a majority. So I say Jedi but its damn close.
No it isn't. Windu is on Dooku's level and Kenobi has defeated them both on his own. The team takes this 9-10/10.

The_Tempest
If the Jedi win, it's gonna be because Windu's carrying the day.

Col. Valerian
Give Kenobi some credit here.

Vensai
Originally posted by The_Tempest
If the Jedi win, it's gonna be because Windu's carrying the day.
It's not really an if situation, team 2 is straight up outmatched.

The_Tempest
Maybe, because of Windu.

Vensai
Maybe, because of Windu.
Sure, Kenobi can let Mace borrow his saber while he goes and chills at Dexs Diner.

Nephthys
Team 1 takes this.

thumb up

The_Tempest
Obi-Wan's not beating these two.

Nephthys
Not in a million years. Couldn't ever happen, ever.

Again.

Vensai
Obi-Wan's not beating these two.
You already agreed that Team 1 takes this if only because of Windu. There's nothing left to discuss.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys

Again.

If your definition of beat means "buried beneath a mountain of rubble after having one's ass forcibly launched down a tunnel" then yep, he definitely beat the hell out of them!

Nephthys
Filoni said he beat them. Plus as ever, Maul is too much of a pussy to put anyone actually down with his force powers and Kenobi was up and at them again real quick.

Col. Valerian
Give the blonde British man some credit, Temp.

He did perform admirably against the brothers.

The_Tempest
Filoni said he beat them. Plus as ever, Maul is too much of a pussy to put anyone actually down with his force powers and Kenobi was up and at them again real quick.

Guess Filoni didn't actually watch the episode.

Obi-Wan was face down beneath the rubble. He went down about as quick as your mother.

Col. Valerian
About as quick, not as quick.

Nephthys
And he stood up again about as quick as your mothers dick.

The_Tempest
My mother doesn't have a detective.

Vensai
Guess Filoni didn't actually watch the episode.

Obi-Wan was face down beneath the rubble. He went down about as quick as your mother.
We get it. You obviously consider Filoni's opinion to be invalid and don't consider the performance a real feat.
Go make another topic about it if you must. As it stands, Team 2 loses all their limbs.

Nephthys
My mother doesn't have a detective.

No, but she has a Pickle Inspector. wink

The_Tempest
No, but she has a Pickle Inspector. wink

Is that British slang?

Nephthys
Its a pun on PI. Pickle means penis.

Tzeentch._
Obi-Wan solos.

Ignore the redneck from Kentucky. super13

The_Tempest
Its a pun on PI. Pickle means penis.

I have a jar of dill pickles in my refrigerator. mmm

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Obi-Wan solos.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/no-def-not.gif

Tzeentch._
It's canon.

Deal with it. Nerd.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/fSZWD_zpsca8964e9.gif

The_Tempest
It's canon.

Deal with it. Nerd.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/fSZWD_zpsca8964e9.gif

The only cannon here is my penis.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/The-Blowjob-Taunt.gif

ROTJ Vader
Kenobi is not soloing this. There's no way he beats Maul 1v1. He could take Savage 1v1 tho. Together Brothers DESTROY Kenobi. One circumstantial victory means nothing. If you count that mightaswell count Savage Vs Dooku/Ventress.

Tzeentch._
Don't bring your pea-shooter into this.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/clint_ew.gif

SFU ROTJ VADER. IM A NIHILIST.

The_Tempest
Kenobi is not soloing this. There's no way he beats Maul 1v1.

Still liking you.

I'll let the Savage thing slide.

Col. Valerian
When Tempest recurs to his penis as can(n)on, he know he lost.

Nephthys
You don't think he'd beat Savage?

The_Tempest
Don't bring your pea-shooter into this.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/clint_ew.gif

I'll shoot my pee intourmowth

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7n4n7Asu1qii6tmo1_500.gif

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
When Tempest recurs to his penis as can(n)on, he know he lost.

Recur? WTF.

Tzeentch._
Valerian is Zampano's black alter-ego.

Col. Valerian
You don't know that word?

Col. Valerian
Valerian is Zampano's black alter-ego.

Black, eh?

Intrepid37
Team 1 wins with Mace carrying the slack.

mnat801
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Give Kenobi some credit here. thumb up I know I'm an Obi Wan fanboy and everything, but I feel that on this forum specifically there seems to be heaps of Kenobi haters..

Especially compared to other SW forums.

mnat801

Again. lol. My argument.

DARTH POWER
Obviously the Jedi win this, but anyone who thinks Kenobi is soloing this might as well admit Opress is going to solo Obi-Wan and Anakin.

mnat801
But Kenobi has actually shown that he can defeat the brothers by himself. Where as any feat that Opress has shown over Kenobi & Skywalker were merely feats of gaining the upper hand, not actually defeating them.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by mnat801
But Kenobi has actually shown that he can defeat the brothers by himself. Where as any feat that Opress has shown over Kenobi & Skywalker were merely feats of gaining the upper hand, not actually defeating them.

Kenobi didint defeat the brothers. He defeated Savage. if ANYTHING it was a win for Maul since he force pushed and knocked Kenobi out.

Savage ragdolled Anakin/Kenobi then was driving them back. He only ran away because of droids intreupting there fight.

In Savage Vs Dooku/Ventress it was THEM that ran away.

So by your logic Savage>Dooku/Ventress if you say Kenobi>Brothers since you mightaswel believe Savage tools both Dooku and Ventress.

ares834

Again.

thumb up

Anyway, team 1 wins easily.

ares834
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Obviously the Jedi win this, but anyone who thinks Kenobi is soloing this might as well admit Opress is going to solo Obi-Wan and Anakin.

This argument might have merit if Savage actually cut one of the Jedi down and if the Jedi weren't shown trying to tackle him.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by ares834
This argument might have merit if Savage actually cut one of the Jedi down and if the Jedi weren't shown trying to tackle him.

Well with Ventress/Dooku they ran away.

mnat801
Kenobi didint defeat the brothers. He defeated Savage. if ANYTHING it was a win for Maul since he force pushed and knocked Kenobi out. Technically yeah, you're right. But practically, Kenobi was clearly beating them and Maul's force attack was a desperation move to avoid being literally defeated right then and there. Plus, Filoni confirmed that the brothers did NOT win that fight.

Savage ragdolled Anakin/Kenobi then was driving them back. He only ran away because of droids intreupting there fight. Yes but that was only the beginning of what could have been a longer fight - if not for the droids - and therefore we cannot assume that Savage was going to win that fight. Heck a better example is when Maul proved to Savage that he was the Master (in Revival), and hence the superior of the two. And because Kenobi is approximately on par with Maul, it should be clear that Kenobi & Skywalker > Opress. Hence the reason why Opress merely gained the upper hand against the duo opposed to the idea that Opress > the duo.

In Savage Vs Dooku/Ventress it was THEM that ran away. No that's entirely wrong. Dooku was running away from Ventress & Opress, and Ventress ran after Dooku.

So by your logic Savage>Dooku/Ventress if you say Kenobi>Brothers since you mightaswel believe Savage tools both Dooku and Ventress. You've got the wrong idea my friend. The difference between Kenobi > Brothers and Savage > Dooku & Ventress is that the brothers practically lost against Kenobi per Filoni and Dooku & Ventress never lost against Savage.

Nephthys
Technically yeah, you're right. But practically, Kenobi was clearly beating them and Maul's force attack was a desperation move to avoid being literally defeated right then and there. Plus, Filoni confirmed that the brothers did NOT win that fight.

Specifically, he confirms that it wasn't even a draw. Sam Witwer opined that it was and Filoni contradicted him.

mnat801
Specifically, he confirms that it wasn't even a draw. Sam Witwer opined that it was and Filoni contradicted him. Yeah, pretty much.

DARTH POWER
Specifically, he confirms that it wasn't even a draw. Sam Witwer opined that it was and Filoni contradicted him.

Yeah but was the statement "not really," a canon fact or Filoni's opinion/assessment of the situation?

The statement carries on with "You lost your legs again," which was done by the pirates.

Kenobi could have been said to have won because the brothers decided to flee in that situation. But as far as the actual combat went, Maul was not defeated. If anything Kenobi was when he was lying there unarmed and with the wind knocked out of him. Whilst Maul was standing just fine with all him limbs still intact.

But there was the entire situation to consider. Opress being maimed, the pirate situation being unstable e.t.c. Maul even says "Come brother THIS PLAN has failed.."

I'm talking about the second fight where he ragdolled the 2 of them a couple of times. The second time they were both flattened on the floor, along with several destroyer droids.

If that wasn't at least "winning" then I don't know what is. And fact is Maul was never cut, or force slammed anywhere. So if he's said to have been defeated, then I don't see how Anakin and Obi-Wan were not at least BEING defeated in that prior situation.

Besides which Opress clearly battered Obi-Wan in a one on one in the very prior episode to the one where Kenobi fought off both brothers.

ares834
I'm talking about the second fight where he ragdolled the 2 of them a couple of times. The second time they were both flattened on the floor, along with several destroyer droids.

If that wasn't at least "winning" then I don't know what is. And fact is Maul was never cut, or force slammed anywhere. So if he's said to have been defeated, then I don't see how Anakin and Obi-Wan were not at least BEING defeated in that prior situation.

He used the force to knock them back. That's it. It's not really winning. By contrast, Maul and Savage fled from Kenobi and Filoni confirms he won.

Besides which Opress clearly battered Obi-Wan in a one on one in the very prior episode to the one where Kenobi fought off both brothers.

Ok... This has to do with what?

ROTJ Vader
He beat Savage. And the whole fight was circumstantial. If you count that you mightaswell count Savage Vs Kenobi in Revenge and Savage>Anakin/Kenobi since he beat them twice.

And what did Filoni state?. Quote?.

This is why it should be clear the Brothers>>>>>Kenobi. Maul has beat Kenobi 1v1 or stalemated him in all there fights.

Your not getting my point. The point is if you use Kenobi beating the Brothers to say Kenobi>Brothers you have to do the same for Savage. Since NETHER make since.

They both fled the battle. Leaving Savage there alone. However vs the Brothers it was Kenobi who was tossed aside, NOT Maul. So if your going to say Brothers>Kenobi you mightaswell say Savage>Dooku/Ventress since NEITHER make anysense!.

The Brothers never lost against Kenobi... Savage did. And that was circumstantial just the same as Dooku/Ventress Vs Savage or Kenobi/Anakin Vs Savage.

Intrepid37
I think some people are confusing ''victory'' and ''skill''.

DARTH POWER
He used the force to knock them back. That's it. It's not really winning.

He flattened them as well.

By contrast, Maul and Savage fled from Kenobi and Filoni confirms he won.

Maul knocked Kenobi out. How does that equate to Kenobi defeating him in combat.

Ok... This has to do with what?

Point being if we say Kenobi beat Maul and Opress, then we can also say Opress has beat Kenobi, Maul has beat Kenobi, Maul has stalemated Kenobi, and Opress was beating Kenobi and Skywalker.

And to everyone who keep bringing up Filoni, he never exactly said that Kenobi > Maul and Opress together. He said something like IN THAT FIGHT, IN THAT SITUATION, Kenobi came up as victorious. Which he did in the sense that the Brohters fled, and then they were on the run from the pirates as well.

But no matter what Filoni's words/opinions, fact is Kenobi hasn't beaten Maul in combat since he came back in TCW. Filoni's words/opinions are not > what's shown in TCW show. They are however useful in giving us a better idea of what is happening.

ares834
He flattened them as well.

? I really fail to see the distinction here.

Maul knocked Kenobi out. How does that equate to Kenobi defeating him in combat.

What proof do we have that Kenobi is KO'ed?

Nephthys
Maul didn't knock Kenobi out. We see Kenobi sitting up and rubbing his head a few seconds later. He pushed him away, buying time and collapsing the passage, but he didn't win or put Kenobi down in a meaningful way.

DARTH POWER
Kenobi at the very least had the wind knocked out of him. And we see him pick up the lightsabers when he gets back up so he was disarmed.

Now exactly how did Kenobi put Maul down/defeat him in any "meaningful" way?

? I really fail to see the distinction here.

If Opress continued the assault on them after they are flattened, it kind of puts them in a disadvantageous position does it not?

Especially when people are claiming Fisto beat Grievous just because he was on the floor one time. Opress's flattening of Skywalker and Kenobi was more convinving a put down.

ares834
Where did we say he put Maul down?

I said Kenobi won as confirmed by Filoni.

ROTJ Vader
Honestly what did Filoni say on this matter!. Someone post the quote you guys are using to say Kenobi>Brothers.

DARTH POWER
And I'm asking how Kenobi won in combat? He can only be said to have defeated Maul, because Maul decided to flee. But there were other factors involved in that decision. Probably saving Opress was a big factor.

But I still think Maul knocking Kenobi down like that has more meaning in terms of the combat than Filoni simply saying "Kenobi won."

ares834
If Opress continued the assault on them after they are flattened, it kind of puts them in a disadvantageous position does it not?

Especially when people are claiming Fisto beat Grievous just because he was on the floor one time. Opress's flattening of Skywalker and Kenobi was more convinving a put down.

They were on the ground... And got up quickly enough. I'm not denying that Savage had gained a temporary advantage, but it wasn't enough to say he was winning.

And no, Fisto did not beat Grievous.

DARTH POWER
Honestly what did Filoni say on this matter!. Someone post the quote you guys are using to say Kenobi>Brothers.

He never even said Kenobi > Brothers. Just that Kenobi wasn't going to lose in THAT FIGHT and THAT SITUATION.

But he also admitted Kenobi lost to Maul in the episode prior, because Ventress and Kenobi were going to Lose THAT FIGHT in THAT SITUATION.

So it's all about context.

Heck in the same damn episode Kenobi couldn't defeat Maul in a one one just minuted earlier.

ROTJ Vader

Intrepid37
It's on Youtube, in some celebration event. A producer says ''I think it was more of a tie'' and Filoni responds with ''Nah''.

ROTJ Vader
He never even said Kenobi > Brothers. Just that Kenobi wasn't going to lose in THAT FIGHT and THAT SITUATION.

But he also admitted Kenobi lost to Maul in the episode prior, because Ventress and Kenobi were going to Lose THAT FIGHT in THAT SITUATION.

So it's all about context.

Heck in the same damn episode Kenobi couldn't defeat Maul in a one one just minuted earlier.

Oh okay. Obviously Brothers>>>>Kenobi I was just asking for the quote they were using to say Kenobi "won". Which isint true. If you saw my posts on this topic you would know I say Maul>>Kenobi.

ares834
And you're wrong. Kenobi won as evident by the fact that the brothers ran from him with their tails between their legs and Filoni's quotes on the matter.

And Maul>>Kenobi is pretty humorous as well. Maul may be a bit more powerful, but there certainly isn't a massive discrepancy between the two.

Heck in the same damn episode Kenobi couldn't didn't defeat Maul in a one one just minuted earlier.

Fixed that for you.

Nephthys

I think it was a Q and A and someone asked him why Kenobi was able to beat them and he said something like that Kenobi was inspired by Adi Gallia's dead and was really focused so he 'wasn't going to lose in that situation.' The guy who voiced Maul said that he thought it was more of a tie than Kenobi winning and Filoni flat out said no to that.

Found it:

zvGXSe8fvrs

Around the 18 minute mark.

DARTH POWER
And you're wrong. Kenobi won as evident by the fact that the brothers ran from him with their tails between their legs and Filoni's quotes on the matter.

Your saying Maul was running because he was scared of a Kenobi who was lying on his ass weaponless? He was running because he failed to defeat Kenobi and Opress was wounded, and the whole situation was looking bad "Come brother, this plan has failed."

And Maul>>Kenobi is pretty humorous as well. Maul may be a bit more powerful, but there certainly isn't a massive discrepancy between the two.

Whose saying Maul >> Kenobi. That's obviously over the top after Kenobi fought them both off and at least defeated one of them.

ares834
RotJ Vader was claiming that.

DARTH POWER
Nah that's ridiculous. They've fought too many times now. If there was a huge disparity between them(one way or the other) we would have seen it already.

But likewise there's no way Obi-Wan >> Maul, or > Maul + Opress which is what some people have tried to claim.

ROTJ Vader
RotJ Vader was claiming that.

Because its true.

DARTH POWER
^ They've had 2 one on ones. Maul starting winning the first one after a while, although Kenobi did have a chance to finish him off there but chose to help Ventress instead.

The second fight he couldn't penetrate Kenobi's defenses in a fiarly long battle. Then there's the one where Kenobi fought off both brothers.

Son where exactly are you getting that Maul >> Kenobi?

His Force TK seems to be more powerful, but not to the extent where he can just beat him with it anytime.

ROTJ Vader
Maul dominated there first 1v1.

Someone said Maul was holding back in sabers. Is this true?.

Maul is mad close to Dooku/Windu/Vader who all would trash Kenobi. Also Maul has beaten Kenobi or stalemated him in all there fights.

He did in the cave. If there even in sabers or Maul slightly better(people say Maul held back in the novel/wasint trying to kill Kenobi) and Maul>>>>Kenobi with the force(clearly, then Maul>>Kenobi.

ares834
I've never seen any proof that Maul was holding back against Kenobi.

Anyway, the one time Maul was winning Kenobi had just endured a brutal beating. Clearly he wasn't operating at peak capacity there.

ROTJ Vader
I've never seen any proof that Maul was holding back against Kenobi.

Anyway, the one time Maul was winning Kenobi had just endured a brutal beating. Clearly he wasn't operating at peak capacity there.

Well even if Maul held back Vs Kenobi he would still be going full out because just because you dont want to kill someone dosint mean you would pull your punches(for example you would be trying your hardest to make them yield). So that was a bad point for me to make.

Hardly. Savage just kicked him a few times. Kenobi also got pwned by Savage.

The_Tempest
So then you'd agree that Sidious won the fight in the Rotunda, since Yoda ran from him with his tail between his legs and every source indicates as much on the matter?

ares834
Where have I ever said otherwise?

Yoda himself states that he failed.

The_Tempest
Where have I ever said otherwise?

Yoda himself states that he failed.

I'm not saying you said otherwise. I'm just gauging how consistent you are.

BTW, Kit dominated Grievous and Savage embarrassed Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Nephthys
Tempest got ares confused with Beefy, lol.

ares834
Hardly. Savage just kicked him a few times. Kenobi also got pwned by Savage.

He was unconscious when Ventress got to him. Not to mention the animators made him look like hell.

The_Tempest
Tempest got ares confused with Beefy, lol.

No I didn't. I'm just testing him to see if I can trap him elsewhere with inconsistency. And also gauging the nature of his logic. He says Sidious and Yoda would stalemate elsewhere despite his apparent belief that Sidious won the duel in the Rotunda. So clearly he believes that the outcome of one particular battle won't always replicate itself in the context of another. So we're roughly on the same page.

ROTJ Vader
Nice post as always The tempest.

mnat801
He beat Savage. And the whole fight was circumstantial. If you count that you mightaswell count Savage Vs Kenobi in Revenge and Savage>Anakin/Kenobi since he beat them twice. If you consider that fight circumstantial, I could call almost every lightsaber duel in star wars circumstantial. Plus if Kenobi can outduel the brothers in a 2 on 1 situation, I find it difficult to believe that circumstances were the only reason why Kenobi was able to perform such a feat. Where as in Revenge Savage attacked Kenobi from behind, so how can you claim Savage > Kenobi from that?

This is why it should be clear the Brothers>>>>>Kenobi. Maul has beat Kenobi 1v1 or stalemated him in all there fights. Maul has never defeated Kenobi. And as Darth Power pointed out, there was a moment in Revenge where Kenobi could have killed Maul, but at the expense of Asajj dying (Kenobi had a thing for Asajj I think). The only time Maul > Kenobi was in TPM when Kenobi was a padawan.

Your not getting my point. The point is if you use Kenobi beating the Brothers to say Kenobi>Brothers you have to do the same for Savage. Since NETHER make since. Okay I get your point. But I don't have to do the same for Savage because Savage never beat Kenobi & Skywalker.

They both fled the battle. Leaving Savage there alone. However vs the Brothers it was Kenobi who was tossed aside, NOT Maul. So if your going to say Brothers>Kenobi you mightaswell say Savage>Dooku/Ventress since NEITHER make anysense!. Okay, Kenobi isn't > the brothers. But after his showings in Revival, Kenobi can certainly beat them again. And at least one thing is clear, Kenobi > Opress.

The Brothers never lost against Kenobi... Savage did. And that was circumstantial just the same as Dooku/Ventress Vs Savage or Kenobi/Anakin Vs Savage. The difference is that Savage was defeated by Kenobi while Kenobi was fighting Maul. So in a sense, this fight supports the idea that Kenobi is greater than Maul.

ROTJ Vader
It was circumstantial. The cave was such a small area that it was impossible for the brothers to move around and Savage was getting in the way of Maul. So it IS circumstantial. Note that before that fight Kenobi says to Hondo "there to powerful Hondo". If it was a flat ground Maul/Savage would destroy Kenobi.

He got tooled badly in Revenge. At first the fight was even(proabably because Maul wasint in good shape and had just been revived so he was rusty, cancelling out Kenobi being injured). But as the fight progressed Maul wooped ass. Kenobi had to run because he couldint overcome Maul.

Kenobi never did ether. He beat Savage. NOT Maul. And I would consider Kenobi running away a victory for Maul, lets be real.

I doubt that anyone besides Sidious/Yoda can beat the Brothers for a majority.

No. Maul has proven himself a equal in saber combat to Kenobi and far superior with the force. Maul would beat him for a very large majority.

DARTH POWER

The difference is that Savage was defeated by Kenobi while Kenobi was fighting Maul. So in a sense, this fight supports the idea that Kenobi is greater than Maul.

Not really. That's like saying since Ventress beat Kenobi once while fighting off Skywalker, then that makes Ventress > Skywalker.

Opress losing his arm was his own fault. Not Maul's who actually tossed Kenobi around twice in that fight, and never once got put on his ass himself.

DARTH POWER

I doubt that anyone besides Sidious/Yoda can beat the Brothers for a majority.

thumb up

No. Maul has proven himself a equal in saber combat to Kenobi and far superior with the force. Maul would beat him for a very large majority.

I wouldn't go that far. Their one on one fight in Revival seemed pretty even. Of course you could argue that at some point Maul would start to use force attacks to get the win. But I'd still only say slight majority tbh, considering Kenobi took all the attacks off Sith Anakin and still came out on top.

Zett
Maul has never defeated Kenobi. And as Darth Power pointed out, there was a moment in Revenge where Kenobi could have killed Maul, but at the expense of Asajj dying (Kenobi had a thing for Asajj I think). The only time Maul > Kenobi was in TPM when Kenobi was a padawan.

Yes, he did. Read "The Sith Hunters". Kenobi and Maul are about equal with sabers, but Mauls is superior force user.

Opress losing his arm was his own fault. Not Maul's who actually tossed Kenobi around twice in that fight, and never once got put on his ass himself.

Couldn't agree more.

DARTH POWER

Maul has never defeated Kenobi.

Originally posted by Zett
Yes, he did. Read "The Sith Hunters". Kenobi and Maul are about equal with sabers, but Mauls is superior force user.

Zett's right. Maul has defeated Kenobi in "Revenge" and in "Sith Hunters." Yes the "Revenge" fight was circumstantial, but you can't say Maul has never defeated Kenobi, because he clearly has.

And Yes Maul fled in Revival, but it's not like he fled because Kenobi force choked him, or because Kenobi put him on his ass one too many times. On the contrary it was Maul who left Kenobi dazed, on his ass and weapons out of his hands.

Banjo Broski
WAWAWAW. Maul Suck Badly. Him & Savage Lose To Obi Wan Kenobi & Plo Koon Would Beat Maul Ass.

Vensai
Not really. That's like saying since Ventress beat Kenobi once while fighting off Skywalker, then that makes Ventress > Skywalker.

Not sure what else Opress could have done to prevent that disarming.
And for the record, Maul got kicked at least once in that fight that forced him to his knees.

DARTH POWER
Not sure what else Opress could have done to prevent that disarming.
And for the record, Maul got kicked at least once in that fight that forced him to his knees.

I'll have to watch it again, but I don't remember Maul being hurt. All those kicks were doing were keeping him away from Kenobi.

DARTH POWER
^ Also those huge legs were not helping him in that cramped space. Maul and Obi-Wan's prior engagement in the same episode is the better fight to view how the 2 compare to each other Imo.

And lets face it they were pretty even without Force TK coming into play.

But lets not take a peak performance as the norm, otherwise Ventress > Skywalker and Kenobi going by the episodes "Nightsisters." Or she's at the very least >> Kenobi.

ROTJ Vader
Agreed with Darth Power lol.

Banjo Broski
Obi Wan Solos

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did I see somebody say Maul dominated their first one v one.. I didn't know dominating means being CUT IN HALF. People seem to forget Kenobi has the MOST RESOUNDING victory of all... HE CUT HIM IN HALF AS A PADAWAN. It's really that simple. NO amount of maul butt hurt over that can change it.

Intrepid37
He clearly dominated Obi-Wan in TPM. Shouldn't be too hard to see even for obi-wan fanboysyou.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The fight wasn't circumstancial at all.. The only people that would even say such a thing have obviously NEVER BEEN IN A REAL FIGHT IN THEIR LIFE. If you're being attacked by more than one person.. the LAST thing you want is to be trapped in a confined space. you want to be able to retreat when need be and then engage.. retreat and then start again.. You never ever... want to be in an enclosed tight space. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There was no circumstances to that fight besides Kenobi winning and being pissed about his friend being killed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Intrepid37
He clearly dominated Obi-Wan in TPM. Shouldn't be too hard to see even for obi-wan fanboysyou.

Funny how he dominated him and ended up being killed by a PADAWAN kenobi. The novel makes it clear yes Maul was gaining the advantage near the end... BUT... before that Kenobi had him on the ropes with his rage and speed of attack and even DISARMED him of half of his saber. Let's not act like maul dominated the whole fight. in fact, let's not forget he was literally cut in half after being on LOWER GROUND AND WITH NO WEAPON. He was essentially treated like a weak feeb if we go by how much of a difference higher ground makes. Maul was tooled.

Intrepid37
Let's not ignore that Maul killed Qui-Gon with hardly any trouble, the same Qui-Gon who was Kenobi's superior (in fact, Maul was superior to both of them).

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let's ignore that Maul had the HIGHER GROUND (we all know the big deal that is) and a weapon and Kenobi was on lower ground.. just hanging by his arms with no weapon and was able to cut down Maul as a PADAWAN. Doesn't get much more of a tooling than that. Kenobi has the most decisive victory over maul. PERIOD>

Intrepid37
His victory is not denied; his superiority is, however.

Taay'hai
Obi-Wan had an extra saber lying near the corpse of his apparently more powerful Master. Were it not for that, he would've fallen off hopelessly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
cutting somebody in half certainly shows your superior more than it doesn't. You can't be this obtuse. Getting cut in half while on higher ground by somebody on lower ground and disarmed shows greater superiority?

Taay'hai
The circumstances were fairly different. Imagine--were it not for Qui-Gon's saber, it was only a matter of time before Maul sliced that nub off the pit and Obi-Wan ended up the crazy one on Lotho Minor.

Banjo Broski
No Maul Die Because He Suck.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
cutting somebody in half certainly shows your superior more than it doesn't. You can't be this obtuse. Getting cut in half while on higher ground by somebody on lower ground and disarmed shows greater superiority?
Wait, do you even know how Kenobi ended down there?

KuRuPT Thanosi
you didn't answer my question first.. so getting cut in half while armed and on higher ground by somebody unarmed shows superiority?

Momentary advantages mean very little.. it's who carries that day that matters. We see this all the time in every sport around.. MMA... Boxing... Football... Mcgirt scoring the only kd of the fight early in the fight (gaining an advantage at that point) didn't stop Pea from dominating and winning the fight after. You knew better than this. Do you enjoy taking the site of the person who gets tooled and using your oncjecture to explain it away?

DARTH POWER
you didn't answer my question first.. so getting cut in half while armed and on higher ground by somebody unarmed shows superiority?

Maul didn't know Kenobi had a weapon to cut him with, so it was a surprise attack is all. Let's not get ridiculous claiming TPM Kenobi proved he was >>>>> Maul with that jump. If that was the case he would have blitz Maul right at the beginning of the fight.

Momentary advantages mean very little.. it's who carries that day that matters. We see this all the time in every sport around.. MMA... Boxing... Football... Mcgirt scoring the only kd of the fight early in the fight (gaining an advantage at that point) didn't stop Pea from dominating and winning the fight after. You knew better than this. Do you enjoy taking the site of the person who gets tooled and using your oncjecture to explain it away?

It was a joint effort KT. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon together fought and defeated Maul. Just because Qui-Gon died first and Obi-Wan did the finishing move doesn't change that fact. Obi-Wan clearly would not have lasted long at all if he never had Qui-Gon's help and faced Maul alone from the beginning.

ROTJ Vader
Are WE SERIOUSLY debating TPM Maul Vs TPM Kenobi?. Its pretty ****ing obvious Maul is far stronger.

Seriously?.

Nephthys
Far stronger?

Eh...

ROTJ Vader
Far stronger?

Eh...

Yes.

Qui Gon was stated to be above TPM Kenobi.

Maul tooled Qui Gon in 30seconds with a broken ankel.

We also see S4 Maul whos equal to TPM(!) Maul defeat a far stronger verson of Kenobi and throw him around with the force a bit.

So yes, it is safe to say TPM Maul>>>>>>TPM Kenobi.

ares834
Where is it mentioned that S4 Maul is equal to TPM Maul?

Vensai
Where is it mentioned that S4 Maul is equal to TPM Maul?
Nowhere I know of.

ROTJ Vader
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/afg_zps403c69ae.png

Vensai
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/afg_zps403c69ae.png
The meaning is vague and Savage notes that Maul's hatred made him more powerful in Revival.

Nephthys
Yes.

Qui Gon was stated to be above TPM Kenobi.

Maul tooled Qui Gon in 30seconds with a broken ankel.

We also see S4 Maul whos equal to TPM(!) Maul defeat a far stronger verson of Kenobi and throw him around with the force a bit.

So yes, it is safe to say TPM Maul>>>>>>TPM Kenobi.

Yeah, and we also see a season 5 Kenobi tool Maul and his brother at the same time. Plus, in their fight in season 4 Kenobi was beat up before hand, and Filoni still declared that they were stalemating (though Kenobi would eventually lose).

ROTJ Vader
Yeah, and we also see a season 5 Kenobi tool Maul and his brother at the same time. Plus, in their fight in season 4 Kenobi was beat up before hand, and Filoni still declared that they were stalemating (though Kenobi would eventually lose).

Well Maul had just gotten his power back and hadint used a saber in years so he was proabably much worse then he was in TPM with a saber and he tooled Kenobi. And I wouldint mention there Season 5 fight. Simply because Savage beat Anakin/Kenobi twice and pwned Kenobi once 1v1.

ares834
Why? Because it utterly ruins your argument?

Nephthys
Well Maul had just gotten his power back and hadint used a saber in years so he was proabably much worse then he was in TPM with a saber and he tooled Kenobi. And I wouldint mention there Season 5 fight.

But... wasn't he restored to his former power???

ROTJ Vader
The meaning is vague and Savage notes that Maul's hatred made him more powerful in Revival.

Not in Revenge.

ROTJ Vader
But... wasn't he restored to his former power???

Yes. But I take power to mean as in the force. I mean dont you think your saber skills would be rusty after years without a saber?.

Vensai
Yes. But I take power to mean as in the force. I mean dont you think your saber skills would be rusty after years without a saber?.
He should have regained his saber skills after the various duels against Jedi he had after his revival. Otherwise he wouldn't have done better against Sidious than he did as his TPM self.

Nephthys

I do.

So we're clear, S4 Maul isn't equal to TMP Maul, riiiiight? shifty

ares834
Simply because Savage beat Anakin/Kenobi twice

No he didn't.

and pwned Kenobi once 1v1

You mean when he caught Kenobi off guard because he just saw Maul. This is like arguing that Kenobi pwned Savage after Savage killed Adi. It's ridiculous.

ROTJ Vader
He should have regained his saber skills after the various duels against Jedi he had after his revival. Otherwise he wouldn't have done better against Sidious than he did as his TPM self.

Not in revenge buddy.

Even if TPM maul has the same saber skills as S4 Maul then regardless S4 Maul>Kenobi in sabers ether way.

I personally say.

TPM Maul>S4 Maul with a saber(but its closed)

S4 Maul>TPM Maul with the force(but its close)

so overall S4 Maul=TPM Maul as stated above.

And S4 Maul wooped ass on Kenobi.

ROTJ Vader
Windu warned Kenobi to be careful in the first place. Kenobi was ready for Maul. Savage jumped over and they fought and Savage quickly disarms him.

A low showing for Kenobi, yeah. But it STILL counts.

ares834

A Kenobi who was beaten, tortured and had just woken from unconsciousness sure. That's really impressive for Maul there especially since he was getting humiliated at the start.

ROTJ Vader
Why? Because it utterly ruins your argument?

No buddy because if your going to count Kenobi Vs The Brothers as a victory for Kenobi you gotta count Savages fights against Dooku/Ventress and against Kenobi/Anakin.

None make sense. And besides that Maul has beaten Kenobi twice. Kenobi has yet to defeat Maul.

Maul-2
Kenobi-0

Nephthys
Other than when he cut him in half obviously.

ROTJ Vader
A Kenobi who was beaten, tortured and had just woken from unconsciousness sure. That's really impressive for Maul there especially since he was getting humiliated at the start.

So getting punched a few times makes Kenobi far weaker?.

Come on know, lets not be ridiculous.

Vensai
Not in revenge buddy.

Even if TPM maul has the same saber skills as S4 Maul then regardless S4 Maul>Kenobi in sabers ether way.

I personally say.

TPM Maul>S4 Maul with a saber(but its closed)

S4 Maul>TPM Maul with the force(but its close)

so overall S4 Maul=TPM Maul as stated above.

Didn't Talzins magic at least boost Mauls own powers beyond TPM if his rage didn't? I recall that she offered to multiply Maul's powers during their first meeting.

ares834
Windu warned Kenobi to be careful in the first place. Kenobi was ready for Maul. Savage jumped over and they fought and Savage quickly disarms him.

A low showing for Kenobi, yeah. But it STILL counts.

Not really. Savage comes out of no where surprising Kenobi. He caught entirely off guard as evident by how he is dueling. Heck, I believe Filoni even confirms this in an interview.

Using this logic, one might as well argue that Vader defeated Sidious.

ROTJ Vader
Not really. Savage comes out of no where surprising Kenobi. He caught entirely off guard as evident by how he is dueling. Heck, I believe Filoni even confirms this in an interview.

You proved my point, lol. That kenobis victory over the brothers is circumstantial AS is Savages fights against Anakin/Kenobi and Savage/Ventress.

I mean earlier in the same damn episode Maul was stalemating Kenobi. In sabers.

Also Kenobi ran away from The Brothers and even stated "there to powerful for me"

So lets not beat the dead pig, buddy.

ROTJ Vader
Didn't Talzins magic at least boost Mauls own powers beyond TPM if his rage didn't? I recall that she offered to multiply Maul's powers during their first meeting.

Not that im aware of.

ares834
No buddy because if your going to count Kenobi Vs The Brothers as a victory for Kenobi you gotta count Savages fights against Dooku/Ventress and against Kenobi/Anakin.

confused

Savage didn't win any of those fights though.

None make sense. And besides that Maul has beaten Kenobi twice. Kenobi has yet to defeat Maul.

Maul-2
Kenobi-0

Your count is off.

ares834
You proved my point, lol.

What point? You have no point you've only posted illogical ramblings.

Vensai

If you are to succeed in combat against the best of the Jedi, you must have fear, surprise, and intimidation on your side. -Dooku
There is a reason early Grievous could take on multiple Jedi and win. The brothers both used this to their advantage. Maul's resurrection would have doubtless been shocking.

ROTJ Vader
Nether did Kenobi. In fact Kenobi has ether stalemated or lost to Maul. He has yet to defeat Maul. If anything Maul was the victor of the fight since it ended with Kenobi on the floor.

I think its correct, no need to beat the dead pig.

Maul=2
Kenobi=0

No?.

That all of the above fights, Savage Vs Dooku/Ventress, Savage Vs Anakin/Kenobi(twice!), and Kenobi Vs Maul/Savage have been circumstantial.

I dont see what your trying to prove.

ROTJ Vader
Other than when he cut him in half obviously.

Well if we count that we mightaswell count Anakin Vs Mace, Sidious Vs Vader, etc. That was complete PIS in its finest.

Seeing how Maul at the same power range wooped Kenobi, I wouldint put to much stock into it.

Banjo Broski
TPM Kenobi >> TPM Maul

& THAT FINAL OKEY

Vensai
Since Filoni said Maul lost the Revival and that it was not a tie, the record is not 2-0 for your information.

ROTJ Vader
Okay this is getting ridiculous.

ares834
Nether did Kenobi. In fact Kenobi has ether stalemated or lost to Maul. He has yet to defeat Maul. If anything Maul was the victor of the fight since it ended with Kenobi on the floor.

Filoni confirms Kenobi won.

I think its correct, no need to beat the dead pig.

Maul=2
Kenobi=0

No?.

Nope.

Maul=1
Kenobi=2

Kenobi won in TPM and against the brothers. Maul won in Revenge.

That all of the above fights, Savage Vs Dooku/Ventress, Savage Vs Anakin/Kenobi(twice!), and Kenobi Vs Maul/Savage have been circumstantial.

I dont see what your trying to prove.

Ok? Never denied that. I'm arguing against your ridiculous notion of using that Savage/Kenobi duel as evidence.

Vensai
Okay this is getting ridiculous.
No really?
It was obvious at the first page Team 1 wins before this happened.

ROTJ Vader
When did Filoni state this?. Even if he did it means nothing since it was Kenobi on the floor at the end of the fight.

And lets not even get into the TPM(!) fight. Because Maul won that fight. PIS just kicked in.

Maul has a win in sith hunters and a win in Revenge.

Maul-2
Kenobi-0

Um no. Your missing my point. My point is if your going to use Kenobi Vs Savage/Maul to say Kenobi>Maul then you mightaswell use all the fights with Kenobi Vs Savage to say Savage>Kenobi.

My point is ALL of those fights were circumstantial and none should be used in discussion.

Lets not beat the dead pig here.

ROTJ Vader
No really?
It was obvious at the first page Team 1 wins before this happened.

No.

I was responding to the guy who said TPM(!) Kenobi>>TPM(!) Maul.

ares834
When did Filoni state this?. Even if he did it means nothing since it was Kenobi on the floor at the end of the fight.

n8PEGa3Wq50

At around 14:10.

And ultimately, it was Maul and Savage who fled not Kenobi.

And lets not even get into the TPM(!) fight. Because Maul won that fight. PIS just kicked in.

Kenobi still ended up winning.

Maul has a win in sith hunters and a win in Revenge.

Maul-2
Kenobi-0

So it's 2 to 2.

Um no. Your missing my point. My point is if your going to use Kenobi Vs Savage/Maul to say Kenobi>Maul then you mightaswell use all the fights with Kenobi Vs Savage to say Savage>Kenobi.

My point is ALL of those fights were circumstantial and none should be used in discussion.

Lets not beat the dead pig here.

Your argument falls flat on it's face as every fight is circumstantial. We have to analyze to what extant that each fight is. Some, such as the Kenobi/Savage fight are entirely reliant on said circumstance. Others such as the Savage/Brothers fight don't appear to be.

Do I think Kenobi would beat the brothers regularly? No, I don't; that duel seems to be a bit of a fluke. But he didn't win because they were not ready for a fight and caught off guard etc... It was a "fair" duel.

Banjo Broski
Hey Mental ROTJ Vader TPM Kenobi Beat Maul Badly Well Holding Back.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>