Darth Maul & Savage Opress Vs Count Dooku & Assaj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
I think this is a pretty evenly matched fight. Who wins!?.

Taay'hai
Hm, it looks like everyone here is trained in Makashi--even Opress, not the actual Makashi, but its brutality incorporated into a form known as Lus-ma, so in technicality, he knows some Makashi.

Well, I say team one. I'll probably write a battle scenario later.

Taay'hai
Btw her name is Asajj*

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Taay'hai
Btw her name is Asajj*

Typo. Sorry.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Taay'hai
Hm, it looks like everyone here is trained in Makashi--even Opress, not the actual Makashi, but its brutality incorporated into a form known as Lus-ma, so in technicality, he knows some Makashi.

Well, I say team one. I'll probably write a battle scenario later.

Well im not really certain on the outcome.

Dooku>Maul(but Maul would give a amazing fight).
Savage>Ventress.

So Dooku Vs Maul will come down to a saber fight since Dooku obviously cant TK him and it will be a very close fight but the Count does take it.

Now Ventress loses to Opress.

So it depends. Can Dooku take down Maul first or will Savage take down Ventress first?.

Im leaning towards Team 1 because Maul Vs Dooku would be closer then Savage Vs Ventress. And together the Brothers take Dooku for a majority.

Intrepid37
Team 1 wins. Dooku is a skilled swordsman, the most skilled in this thread, and the most powerful as well. But reality is, Maul is almost as skilled as him and the difference in power is less than little: Savage packs tremendous strength and Force energy and has beaten Koon and Ventress- the latter is the weak link, and Dooku can't beat the opposition by himself.

Good fight though.

ROTJ Vader
^Yeah I would give it to the Brothers.

Vensai
It depends on how quickly Savage can beat Ventress. If he finishes her before Dooku has dealt with Maul and they double team Dooku, the brothers can win.

DARTH POWER
Unless of course Dooku fights off Maul while simultaneously firing Lightning at Dooku.

Let's be real people Dooku was besting Opress and Ventress on his own. He's also took on (and almost defeated) ROTS Kenobi and Skywalker.

So the brothers don't stand much chance against Dooku and Ventress together.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
But reality is, Maul is almost as skilled as him and the difference in power is less than little:

Wait wait.. So you think Maul is only slightly better than Fisto, and that Dooku is only slightly better than Maul?

ares834
thumb up

Dooku and Ventress win.

ROTJ Vader
Maul could hold off Dooku well Savage takes down Ventress. Dooku is better then Maul but only slightly IMO

I think he said Maul beats Fisto with Mid diff but Kenobi is slight better then Fisto but Fisto well inferior to both is slightly faster or equal in speed.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Let's be real people Dooku was besting Opress and Ventress on his own.

Barely, per the official website and Opress has only grown more powerful since "Witches of the Mist" per The Clone Wars Episode Guide.

Apparently characters other than Obi-Wan and Ventress can progress in skill and power? Who knew, eh?

He's also took on (and almost defeated) ROTS Kenobi and Skywalker.

Except for the part where he really didn't and lost.

So the brothers don't stand much chance against Dooku and Ventress together.

Either brother is more than a match for Ventress. It just so happens that the fight's strongest fighter (Dooku) is paired with its weakest. Savage and Maul also have displayed impressive coordination while fighting; we don't know to what extent Dooku and Ventress are complimentary.

ares834
Savage still hasn't blocked lightning. In all honesty, Dooku should be able to defeat him rather quickly because of this. Far quicker than I see Maul beating Ventress.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by ares834
Savage still hasn't blocked lightning. In all honesty, Dooku should be able to defeat him rather quickly because of this. Far quicker than I see Maul beating Ventress.

What if Maul engages Dooku and Savage engages Ventress?.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834

Yeah, I'm not saying Dooku won't win. I'm saying either brother is > Ventress; if Team Tyranus wins, it'll be because of the Count and the Count alone.

ares834
I'd still give it to team 2. Been awhile since I saw their duel but I seem to recall Ventress holding her own against Savage despite only wielding a single saber. Once again I think she should be able to survive long enough for Dooku to gain a victory over Maul.

Nephthys
I'd say she survives long enough for Dooku to zap Opress and give her the opportunity to cut him down. Dooku was able to rebuke Opress with lightning in their fight but was unable to capitalise on it. With Ventress with him, she can kill him while he's down.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader

I think he said Maul beats Fisto with Mid diff but Kenobi is slight better then Fisto but Fisto well inferior to both is slightly faster or equal in speed.

Ok thanks for clarifying that.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Barely, per the official website and Opress has only grown more powerful since "Witches of the Mist" per The Clone Wars Episode Guide.

Apparently characters other than Obi-Wan and Ventress can progress in skill and power? Who knew, eh?

Of course anyone can improve. Opress's only became a force wielder during TCW.

But whether or not someone actually has significantly improved during an certain time period needs to be proven and can not just be assumed for the sake of keeping him on par with Obi-Wan.

Originally posted by The_Tempest

Either brother is more than a match for Ventress. It just so happens that the fight's strongest fighter (Dooku) is paired with its weakest. Savage and Maul also have displayed impressive coordination while fighting; we don't know to what extent Dooku and Ventress are complimentary.

That's a fair assessment.

Col. Valerian
Now, a question for all of you.

If Dooku was stripped of his lightning, who'd win?

Intrepid37
Wait wait.. So you think Maul is only slightly better than Fisto, and that Dooku is only slightly better than Maul?
I hold Maul in higher regard than I do Kenobi, and Kenobi higher than Fisto...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Intrepid37
I hold Maul in higher regard than I do Kenobi, and Kenobi higher than Fisto...

Ok that makes some sense then. Thanks for clarifying your position.

Intrepid37
No problem.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Now, a question for all of you.

If Dooku was stripped of his lightning, who'd win?

Intrepid37
Nothing.

DARTH POWER
Even without his Lightning Count Dooku would still be the most powerful player on the field. His TK is very powerful, and his Fencing skills are top-tier.

So with Ventress's aid he should still win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.