Sundipped Superman VS Champion(Power Gem) (H2H)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Sundipped Superman

VS

Champion- Classic Power Gem

Go!

Zack Fair
Meh.

Sundipped Superman would wreck him IMHO.

But the power gem tardness will make this a clustter****, so **** that I'm quitting.

pym-ftw
Champion unless he forgets he has the Gem.

byrdgang21
Prob Supes

janus77
PG wins.

abhilegend
Superman. Champion was barely tapping into the gem.

Galan007
The only way Superman can win is by BFR of some sort.

With the gem, Champ has busted a planet, and physically wrecked(nearly killed): Thing, She-Hulk, Drax, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer, Gladiator and Warlock. Effortlessly.

Aside from that, the PG inherently makes Champ invulnerable in a very literal sense. So even IF Superman were more powerful, he's certainly not dealing any sort of lasting damage to Champ-- unless we're assuming that Superman's punches are vastly superior to Thanos-level blasts/punches, AND a planet-busting detonation(all of which Champ laughed at.)

Quan113
Champion wins, for I decree it so.

abhilegend
Superman overpowered warworld's engines which were powered up by Imperiex and ignored imperiex powered Brainiac's attacks completely. Unless we assume no limit fallacy on PG Champion's durability while he was barely tapping into the gem, he would get knocked out pretty soon. We've seen PG users getting knocked out before.

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman overpowered warworld's engines which were powered up by Imperiex and ignored imperiex powered Brainiac's attacks completely. Unless we assume no limit fallacy on PG Champion's durability while he was barely tapping into the gem, he would get knocked out pretty soon. We've seen PG users getting knocked out before. Unless we assume that Superman can deliver forces behind his punches that are far, FAR greater than what is required to destroy a planet, then he isn't coming close to harming Champion, who tanked a planet-busting explosion w/o so much as a scratch to show for it.

OWAW/sun-dipped Superman is ridiculously powerful, but I'm just not sure that he is strong enough to bypass the durability granted by the PG. /shrug

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Unless we assume that Superman can deliver forces behind his punches that are far, FAR greater than what is required to destroy a planet, then he isn't coming close to harming Champion, who tanked a planet-busting explosion w/o so much as a scratch to show for it.

OWAW/sun-dipped Superman is ridiculously powerful, but I'm just not sure that he is strong enough to bypass the durability granted by the PG. /shrug
Of course he can. He overpowered imperiex's energies which created another big bang just a few pages later. This is classic Champion who wasn't using power gem consciously.

He is IMO./shrug

wolverinos
very good points from galan, but i do believe sunddipped superman will take it, basically its a speculation of how powerful was sundipped superman, and i do believe he was that much more powerful to the point he will destroy champion with the PG

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Of course he can. He overpowered imperiex's energies which created another big bang just a few pages later. This is classic Champion who wasn't using power gem consciously.

He is IMO./shrug OWAW Superman was not more powerful than a big bang, nor was he more powerful than Imperiex himself. He was simply more powerful than War World's Imperiex-powered engines, and more powerful than the B13 drones, who had a small portion of Imperiex's cumulative energy(I always pictured said drones as Imperiex-Probe-level, at best.)

I know Champion only used the gem subconsciously. However, he still tanked a planetary explosion with a smile on his face. I don't think Supes can bypass the gem's durability, but w/e.

JBL
Champion 10/10.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Meh.

But the power gem tardness will make this a clustter****, so **** that I'm quitting.

The House of El does NOT look favorably upon quiiters!

Defend the S at all times.

h1a8
The only way Superman can win is by BFR of some sort.

With the gem, Champ has busted a planet, and physically wrecked(nearly killed): Thing, She-Hulk, Drax, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer, Gladiator and Warlock. Effortlessly.

Aside from that, the PG inherently makes Champ invulnerable in a very literal sense. So even IF Superman were more powerful, he's certainly not dealing any sort of lasting damage to Champ-- unless we're assuming that Superman's punches are vastly superior to Thanos-level blasts/punches, AND a planet-busting detonation(all of which Champ laughed at.) Normal Superman can bust a planet. Normal Superman has exerted forces above 50 times of busting a planet.

Champion only busted a planet after much time of getting angry, and by leaping upwards and coming down full momentum. Hardly impressive. You are committing a no limits fallacy towards Champion's durability. Surviving in a star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>surviving a planetary explosion

Sundipped Superman has exerted power above thousands of galaxies of power. This is well beyond Skyfather level.

abhilegend
OWAW Superman was not more powerful than a big bang, nor was he more powerful than Imperiex himself. He was simply more powerful than War World's Imperiex-powered engines, and more powerful than the B13 drones, who had a small portion of Imperiex's cumulative energy(I always pictured said drones as Imperiex-Probe-level, at best.)

I know Champion only used the gem subconsciously. However, he still tanked a planetary explosion with a smile on his face. I don't think Supes can bypass the gem's durability, but w/e.
He overpowered Imperiex powered engines. Brainiac 13 was begging him at the end after he ordered full power at the engine. Mighty stupid of him to beg superman if he could've just used Imperiex power he had at his disposal to stop superman. The scene clearly shows Superman beyond Imperiex powered brainiac 13. That's far above champion.

Tanking planet exploding isn't that great. Byrne superman tanked Krypton which dwarfs Jupiter exploding under red sun and kryptonite without any damage at all too.

wolverinos
Sundipped Superman

JBL
Originally posted by h1a8
Normal Superman can bust a planet. Normal Superman has exerted forces above 50 times of busting a planet.

Champion only busted a planet after much time of getting angry, and by leaping upwards and coming down full momentum. Hardly impressive. You are committing a no limits fallacy towards Champion's durability. Surviving in a star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>surviving a planetary explosion

Sundipped Superman has exerted power above thousands of galaxies of power. This is well beyond Skyfather level. No he cannot. No he has not. Please show superman busting a planet to back up your claim.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
No he cannot. No he has not. Please show superman busting a planet to back up your claim.

Superman has claimed to be able to shatter planets with his punches. His statement is supported by the multiple feats of him providing more than 50 Earth weights of force. It takes less than one Earth weight of force to destroy a planet.

Bottom line : If it takes a certain amount of force to do something and a character has exerted more than that amount of force doing something else then they can do that something.

JBL
Superman has claimed to be able to shatter planets with his punches. His statement is supported by the multiple feats of him providing more than 50 Earth weights of force. It takes less than one Earth weight of force to destroy a planet.

Bottom line : If it takes a certain amount of force to do something and a character has exerted more than that amount of force doing something else then they can do that something. So you base your case off of claims and statements to support your stand? Is the so-called " 50 earth weight of force " a calculation of your? I would like to see the feat or feats myself, but as i know, they dont exist so lets move on to the big story. The power gem gives the user access to all the power that ever was and ever will be. Champion has the gem in this fight. Now superman is sundipped, so are you or anyone else telling this board that sundipping gives superman access to greater power than the gem? If these two fight h2h, Champion would wreck superman. He would wreck him in any kind of battle. I have a question for you or any superman fan. Does sundipping give more power and abilities than the power gem?

abhilegend
Lulz.

Insane Titan
Champion knocks him out

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
So you base your case off of claims and statements to support your stand? Is the so-called " 50 earth weight of force " a calculation of your? I would like to see the feat or feats myself, but as i know, they dont exist so lets move on to the big story. The power gem gives the user access to all the power that ever was and ever will be. Champion has the gem in this fight. Now superman is sundipped, so are you or anyone else telling this board that sundipping gives superman access to greater power than the gem? If these two fight h2h, Champion would wreck superman. He would wreck him in any kind of battle. I have a question for you or any superman fan. Does sundipping give more power and abilities than the power gem?

You are arguing potential and not practically.
It took Champion a very long time just to get enough strength to cause a chain reaction in a planet. Champion was hitting Thanos shield and wasn't doing anything to the surroundings. Hell DoS Superman was shattering the city with his punches on DD. Also Thanos was beating on him like a chump.

Here is a feat for you. "MAGEDDON". No calculation needed.
There are others. But you should know of that one right?

Lastly, sundipped Superman overpowered thousands of galaxies of power. So this thread is spite really. Champion who doesn't have planet-busting power initially is pitted against a being who's power is well beyond a skyfather.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Meh.

But the power gem tardness will make this a clustter****, so **** that I'm quitting. Doubt he would wreck him, but I sure do hate power gem threads.

JBL
You are arguing potential and not practically.
It took Champion a very long time just to get enough strength to cause a chain reaction in a planet. Champion was hitting Thanos shield and wasn't doing anything to the surroundings. Hell DoS Superman was shattering the city with his punches on DD. Also Thanos was beating on him like a chump.

Here is a feat for you. "MAGEDDON". No calculation needed.
There are others. But you should know of that one right?

Lastly, sundipped Superman overpowered thousands of galaxies of power. So this thread is spite really. Champion who doesn't have planet-busting power initially is pitted against a being who's power is well beyond a skyfather. No. You have to do better than that my friend. I can do the same as in "SHADOW MOON". No calculation needed. There are others. But you should know of that one right?

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
No. You have to do better than that my friend. I can do the same as in "SHADOW MOON". No calculation needed. There are others. But you should know of that one right? I don't understand you. MAGEDDON dwarfed the Earth moon system.

What does shadow moon has to do with that?

But we are discussing sundipped Superman. You can't get around the thousands of galaxies of power.

-Pr-
As someone that's only seen his fight with Thanos, what other feats does Champion have with the power gem?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -Pr-
As someone that's only seen his fight with Thanos, what other feats does Champion have with the power gem? Smashed Gladiator, Beta, Warlock and Drax. Also beat Surfer off panel.

In boxing matches.

He also overpowered Hulk, Thor, Namor, and a bunch of others when he didn't have the gem. That's gotta be thousands of galaxies worth of force.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Smashed Gladiator, Beta, Warlock and Drax. Also beat Surfer off panel.

In boxing matches.

He also overpowered Hulk, Thor, Namor, and a bunch of others when he didn't have the gem. That's gotta be thousands of galaxies worth of force.

That's pretty damn impressive.

Branlor Swift
That's pretty damn impressive. Those were all one on one mind you, but he still did it easily and without really trying.

As for the Thanos fight, he was clearly more powerful than Thanos was at the time.

If I had to give a power level, he'd probably be around WM Thor when Thor had the Gem, although a bit more skilled. Meh.

-Pr-
I don't know how powerful that Thor was sad

JBL
I don't understand you. MAGEDDON dwarfed the Earth moon system.

What does shadow moon has to do with that?

But we are discussing sundipped Superman. You can't get around the thousands of galaxies of power. Understood. But answer this question. Does sundipping give superman more power than the power gem could?

Branlor Swift
I don't know how powerful that Thor was sad Sure you do.

It's the same one who was gaining an edge on Thanos, and who smashed the Infinity Watch along with Surfer and Dr Strange.

-Pr-
Sure you do.

It's the same one who was gaining an edge on Thanos, and who smashed the Infinity Watch along with Surfer and Dr Strange.

Oh, that does sound familiar.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Understood. But answer this question. Does sundipping give superman more power than the power gem could?

Based off feats yes.
Based off statements no.

But that is irrelevant since the rate in which Champion taps into the gem is almost non existent. It would take him probably a hella long time to reach sundipped levels.

Potential is meaningless if it remains untapped.

h1a8
Smashed Gladiator, Beta, Warlock and Drax. Also beat Surfer off panel.

In boxing matches.

No one Champion has beaten comes close to sundipped Superman. Didn't she hulk beat him in a boxing match?

Champion with the gem is roughly the same as without the gem until he gets frustrated and angrier. In other words, the gem adds nothing unless Champion gets angrier.

Overpowering Hulk. Impressive but weak sauce on this level.
Overpowering Thor. Same thing
Overpowering Namor. Yawn

-Pr-
You bringing up She-Hulk weakens your argument.

LordofBrooklyn
No one Champion has beaten comes close to sundipped Superman. Didn't she hulk beat him in a boxing match?

Champion with the gem is roughly the same as without the gem until he gets frustrated and angrier. In other words, the gem adds nothing unless Champion gets angrier.

Overpowering Namor. Yawn

That She-Hulk incident is an abomination that should never be referenced! mad

Branlor Swift

Overpowering Namor. Yawn When She Hulk was severely amped and she begged Champion to take off his gem.

That's a blatant lie. Go ahead and prove that one though if you want. I have evidence to the contrary though.

You literally don't even care about the context, you just want to lowball.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2r28zr8.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2q3r5zp.jpg

Whoops, I directly responded to you. This post is now officially directed towards Paul. You lowballer you.

h1a8
When She Hulk was severely amped and she begged Champion to take off his gem.

That's a blatant lie. Go ahead and prove that one though if you want. I have evidence to the contrary though.

You literally don't even care about the context, you just want to lowball.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2r28zr8.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2q3r5zp.jpg

Whoops, I directly responded to you. This post is now officially directed towards Paul. You lowballer you.

How was She-Hulk amped? Didnt they fight twice?

That's a good feat overpowering the team. Very good feat. I'm just suggesting that Champion has his ups and downs just like everyone else. I'm pretty sure Thor has feats that shit on that one though as well as Superman.

the Darkone
Champion(Power Gem) wins

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Champion(Power Gem) wins No he doesn't. Why don't you actually read the posts and you will see why. This thread is spite like hell. Sundipped Superman can atomize him with a punch.

Inhuman
Sundipped Superman can atomize him with a punch.

mmm

snowdragon
Superman, Champion has been a chump most of his showings. PG isn't going to make him leet enough with how he is pertrayed generally.

wolverinos
Sundipped Superman

h1a8
Originally posted by Inhuman
mmm

Thousands of galaxies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A galaxy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>planet

There is an astronomically difference here.

the Darkone
Champion(Power Gem) portraying him as he should be will win, more skilled.

h1a8
Champion(Power Gem) portraying him as he should be will win, more skilled. Originally posted by h1a8
Thousands of galaxies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A galaxy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>planet

There is an astronomically difference here. No limits fallacy is bad business.

the Darkone
Well written champion of the universe w/power gem wins vastly more skilled

h1a8
Well written champion of the universe w/power gem wins vastly more skilled Champion was never well written (in what you think is well written). He never achieved planetary power instantly. He not only has the achieve planet busting power but galaxy busting power in order to stand a chance. No where in comics shows him achieving that within a normal fight. This fight is spite unless we allow Champion the ability to amp to galaxy levels within moments.

carver9
Well written champion of the universe w/power gem wins vastly more skilled

The Champion that fought Thanos could win this. Don't see too many people handling Thanos attacks the way Champion did.

the Darkone
Originally posted by carver9
The Champion that fought Thanos could win this. Don't see too many people handling Thanos attacks the way Champion did.
thumb up Champion will put Superman in the Million dollar dream

bluewaterrider
How was She-Hulk amped? Didnt they fight twice?

That's a good feat overpowering the team ...
I'm pretty sure Thor has feats that ... .

Stunner2xx
Superman superpwns him.

He wont have enough time to get angry and tap into the gem

bluewaterrider

How was She-Hulk amped? Didn't fight twice?

The Champion and She-Hulk did, indeed, fight twice.

The first time, using the Power Gem, Champion beat She-Hulk soundly.

Somehow, however, Jen made the appeal to the sanctioning body holding that bout for a rematch with Champion.

She scheduled it for a few weeks later.

During that time, theorizing that, owing to something special about her physiology, she could make strength gains by working out as Jen Walters, she gained considerable mass and muscular strength.

The effect led somehow to what was described as an exponential increase in her strength as She-Hulk, as opposed to a merely geometric one.

Even Champion was taken aback by her appearance on the date of the return bout.

In addition to that, however, she demanded, she did not beg, that, as the rules of the arena required no foreign objects be brought in to aid either fighter
(it was for this reason that Thor with his hammer Mjolnir was disqualified),
Champion be made to take off the Power Gem.

Jen (as She Hulk) won fairly easily after that point.

Zack Fair
Sundipped Superman can atomize him with a punch. LoL What in the ****? Are you high?

h1a8
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
The Champion and She-Hulk did, indeed, fight twice.

The first time, using the Power Gem, Champion beat She-Hulk soundly.

Somehow, however, Jen made the appeal to the sanctioning body holding that bout for a rematch with Champion.

She scheduled it for a few weeks later.

During that time, theorizing that, owing to something special about her physiology, she could make strength gains by working out as Jen Walters, she gained considerable mass and muscular strength.

The effect led somehow to what was described as an exponential increase in her strength as She-Hulk, as opposed to a merely geometric one.

Even Champion was taken aback by her appearance on the date of the return bout.

In addition to that, however, she demanded, she did not beg, that, as the rules of the arena required no foreign objects be brought in to aid either fighter
(it was for this reason that Thor with his hammer Mjolnir was disqualified),
Champion be made to take off the Power Gem.

Jen (as She Hulk) won fairly easily after that point.
Ok that makes sense. What happened to her amp nowadays? Was it explained away or it just went away without explanation?

bluewaterrider
Ok that makes sense. What happened to her amp nowadays? Was it explained away or it just went away without explanation?

She-Hulk was insanely strong for awhile after that.

To the point where her conventional rogue's gallery was a joke.

To the point, in fact, where, even AFTER Reed Richards designed a suit to LIMIT her strength, she could outpress Ben's maximum lifts with one hand.

At the end of one of the magazines written during this period in fact, she thinks to herself that she is far more easygoing than she used to be only a little while ago, for LETTING Hercules beat her in a series of armwrestling matches, apparently to boost Hercules' confidence, heavily implying she could now take Hercules himself with ease, and, by extension, Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.