Gorilla Grodd vs. Fantomex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

StyleTime
Weird matchup. Grodd is overall more threatening, but Fantomex's telepathy blockers are damn strong.

Grodd would maul him at close range, but if Fantomex can misdirect him before that happens...

srankmissingnin
Fantomex is pretty hax. It's a good thing he used up all his kill anything bullets or he'd be pretty much unbeatable in a forum match.

Golgo13
I think the only illusionist/mentalist that can take Fantomex is Sensor Girl.

StyleTime
I forgot about the living bullets, but yeah. His powerset just makes most matchups really cut and dry. He either auto-wins or the opponent auto-wins. A couple of 50/50, quick draw matchups scattered here and there, but there aren't many "good fights" for him.

leonidas
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Fantomex is pretty hax. It's a good thing he used up all his kill anything bullets or he'd be pretty much unbeatable in a forum match.

yeah, his power is enormously difficult to counter, no doubt. but he never had 'kill anything bullets'. he has some bullets that had abnormal properties that were made from the flesh of the skinless man as previous bullets had been made from a mutant named pizer. people have extrapolated upon that to claim that james braddock created fantomex's bullets. it is a logical assumption, especially in lieu of his adventure in otherworld, but it was never definitively proven, nor were the effects of the bullets. the ones made from pizer's flesh were superhard and once inside, began EATING (the bullets actually had MOUTHS) the victim from inside. we never saw fantomex's bullets do that though and one DID bounce off magneto's/xorneto's helmet so they weren't really all that powerful it seems.

anyway, the thread--grodd CAN be killed with bullets. his tp would be ineffective which means he would be misdirected and killed via a bullet through the eye.

Golgo13
If Grundy uses his rare TK, he can get some wins.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think the only illusionist/mentalist that can take Fantomex is Sensor Girl.

Why?

Golgo13
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Why?

Because her so called illusions can effect all senses. It's not the same as a true telepath planting illusions like Martian Manhunter or Xavier. So real it even fooled Superman. Plus, she can detect illusions and fakes, so Fantomex's ability might not work on her.

leonidas
his ability worked on an AMPED jaimie braddock, who actually PERCEIVES the universe around him by looking at the the cosmic strings that make it up. and even HE can't tell the difference. fantomex has labelled his power as creating a REALITY. not an illusion. it also affects all the senses. jaime had to actually BREAK THE REALITY to escape it, and only recognized it for what it was due to a logical impossibility fantomex mistakenly (PIS-ly) put into it. no one is better at what he does. seriously. that doesn't make him unbeatable, obviously, but in a forum fight, if caught in misdirect and you are not powerful enough to deal with fantomex's ltd offense, you WILL lose.

grodd's tk COULD work. it becomes a quickdraw at that point, though i can't recall where grodd (unamped) actually USED tk..... if fantomex wins, grodd would THINK he used his tk to win the match, but in reality, charlie would be behind him and place a bullet in his brain.

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas
his ability worked on an AMPED jaimie braddock, who actually PERCEIVES the universe around him by looking at the the cosmic strings that make it up. and even HE can't tell the difference. fantomex has labelled his power as creating a REALITY. not an illusion. it also affects all the senses. jaime had to actually BREAK THE REALITY to escape it, and only recognized it for what it was due to a logical impossibility fantomex mistakenly (PIS-ly) put into it. no one is better at what he does. seriously. that doesn't make him unbeatable, obviously, but in a forum fight, if caught in misdirect and you are not powerful enough to deal with fantomex's ltd offense, you WILL lose.

grodd's tk COULD work. it becomes a quickdraw at that point, though i can't recall where grodd (unamped) actually USED tk..... if fantomex wins, grodd would THINK he used his tk to win the match, but in reality, charlie would be behind him and place a bullet in his brain.

Projecta has a special gift to see through illusions. It's her thing. I never said she could outright see through Fantomex's illusions, but I see her having good odds. She has also fooled powerful beings as well. Even top level telepaths like Saturn Girl and strong willed opponents like Superman. Who has seen past telepathic attacks before.

leonidas
oh, i know she's powerful. and fantomex is susceptible to illusions that aren't tp-related. he faced an alternate version of himself once and was fooled by misdirection. i guess you can say it would be a quickdraw if it's not tp related. i'm saying if she IS caught in it, she would be misdirected. given time she may see through it (he can't keep them up indefinitely) but she would be caught long enough for him to kill her. and i like his odds in quickdraw given his sentinel enhanced attributes.

Golgo13
oh, i know she's powerful. and fantomex is susceptible to illusions that aren't tp-related. he faced an alternate version of himself once and was fooled by misdirection. i guess you can say it would be a quickdraw if it's not tp related. i'm saying if she IS caught in it, she would be misdirected. given time she may see through it (he can't keep them up indefinitely) but she would be caught long enough for him to kill her. and i like his odds in quickdraw given his sentinel enhanced attributes.

thumb up That's all I'm saying. Remember that she has slightly better mobility thanks to the Legion flight ring and is also a skilled HTH combatant thanks to Val Armorr.

Have you seen her costume? Do you think it's influenced by Fantomex himself?

leonidas
i guess i never realized the similarity tbh. it does remind me a little of it now that you mention it though. imo it would be coincidental though, as opposed to being a deliberate likeness.

Golgo13
Sensor Girl
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SG_zpsfce4cdcf.png
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SG2_zps40567f9b.jpg

Fantomex
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/FX_zps1bdda94a.jpg

You be the judge!

beatboks

That's the interesting thing with Projectra/Sensor girl ( etc) her power allows her to see through the "illusion" of reality too. Using it she can make distances fall away to see the other side of the universe or see microscopically. She can also alter the perceptions of others to see through these things or grant all infra red vision.

Not saying her power would counter Fantomex's misdirection but if anyone's would it would be hers.

leonidas
i'd have thought the same thing of jaime braddock......

Golgo13
It could go either way, really. Also, it depends on who gets off the first attack.

Golgo13
I forgot to add this feat for Sensor Girl. A Prometheum Giant was under the influence by the Fatal Five...

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LOSH_zpsa4ab67bd.jpg

Glorificus
What's Grodd's best TK feat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.