General Grievous runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
Whatever verson you count, he gets full rest after everyfight. This is pure sabers no force.

1.Coleman Kjac.
2.Ki Adi Mundi
3.Saesee Tiin
4.Agen Kolar
5.Kit Fisto
6.Plo Koon
7.Shaak Ti
8.Obi Wan Kenobi
9.Mace Windu
10.Yoda

Vensai
Does Fisto get 2 sabers?

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Vensai
Does Fisto get 2 sabers?

No.

ROTJ Vader
So, how far does the general get!?.

Nephthys
I don't get how someone can think Ki Adi Mundi could take him considering Grievous already kicked his ass (plus 4 others).

He makes it to 5.

mnat801
If he gets a full rest after every fight, wouldn't that mean its irrelevant how many opponents he's fought beforehand? If that's the case then he dies at 8. If we assume that he's fighting one after the other then he dies at 4 or 5.

Nephthys
Well Grievous is mostly robotic so its not like he even needs the rest, lol.

Vensai
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
No.
Then around 6 or 7 assuming this is their peak versions.

Intrepid37
Old Grievous loses at Mace. New Grievous loses at Mundi.

Vensai
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Old Grievous loses at Mace. New Grievous loses at Mundi.
There is only one Grievous, and he's not losing a sabers duel to Mundi. Especially considering he managed to take on Windu with only two sabers in LoE.

Intrepid37
Yeah, which was OCW Grievous. TCW Grievous is unquestionable less dangerous.

DARTH POWER
Yeah, which was OCW Grievous. TCW Grievous is unquestionable less dangerous.

How so? TCW Grievous has only been defeated in a Saber match up by Ventress. And even that was on a planet strong in the dark side.

You could argue TCW Grievous is more suscecpitble to TK attacks but even that is questionable, considering in the CW Mini, Mace easily crushed his chest, Dooku easily sent him flying all over the place, and in ROTS Kenobi sent him flying like 50 feet disarming him of his remaining weapons.

Intrepid37
Old Grievous ployed through Jedi left and right: in Obsession, he crushed Adi Gallia, but in TCW, she holds him off. Dooku regards him more powerful than Ventress, and he proceeds to beat Durge and Ventress at the same time (albeit it was bad writing, as was his fighting scene on Hypori, but it stands). He's able to press Dooku in strict dueling and fight Mace as an equal while disadvantaged (and slaughters four Jedi in the same book). He vastly exceeds the Grievous portrayed in TCW.

DARTH POWER
Old Grievous ployed through Jedi left and right: in Obsession, he crushed Adi Gallia, but in TCW, she holds him off. Dooku regards him more powerful than Ventress, and he proceeds to beat Durge and Ventress at the same time (albeit it was bad writing, as was his fighting scene on Hypori, but it stands). He's able to press Dooku in strict dueling and fight Mace as an equal while disadvantaged (and slaughters four Jedi in the same book). He vastly exceeds the Grievous portrayed in TCW.

Obviously killing Adi is non-canon. But he has defeated her in TCW in one of those Droid episodes. And the impression I got in Obsession was he took her by surprise in with a free hand.

Where does Dooku regard her weaker than Grievous? He was in command over her in TCW as well.

Who says he still would not give Dooku/Mace trouble in a pure Saber match up? Those 2 were always able to own him via the Force even in the CW mini cartoon.

Intrepid37
Grievous cannot challenge Dooku or Mace in a duel. Ahsoka's given him trouble and he loses to Jedi of Ventress' caliber.

He had a meeting scheduled with the formidable General Grievous, who was even more powerful than Ventress, but a great deal less interesting as a dinner-table conversationalist.

-Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

Nephthys
OMG, can you imagine Dooku and Ventress sitting down for dinner and making smalltalk?

"And for the fish, we'll be having steamed baby Selkath."

"Mmmm!"

Intrepid37
LOL. They actually had two conversations in the book, the first one of which ended with Ventress panting on the floor and the second where he threatens her.

A talk with Grievous would've been hilarious, though. laughing out loud

Col. Valerian
He goes down at 5, but Fisto should be ranked higher.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
He goes down at 5, but Fisto should be ranked higher.

I put the fighters in more or less random order.

Col. Valerian
Well... The whole point of a gauntlet is to put the runner's opponents in order from the weakest to the most powerful... You know, to see how far he gets?

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Well... The whole point of a gauntlet is to put the runner's opponents in order from the weakest to the most powerful... You know, to see how far he gets?

Yes. But I just thought switching Ti and Fisto would make things more interesting.

ares834
I think the order is fine. I'd give both Shaak Ti and Plo Koon the edge over Fisto.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by ares834
I think the order is fine. I'd give both Shaak Ti and Plo Koon the edge over Fisto.

Thanks Buddy. (But I would say Koon=Fisto>Ti).

DARTH POWER
Grievous cannot challenge Dooku or Mace in a duel. Ahsoka's given him trouble and he loses to Jedi of Ventress' caliber.

He had a meeting scheduled with the formidable General Grievous, who was even more powerful than Ventress, but a great deal less interesting as a dinner-table conversationalist.

-Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

So what if Ashoka's held her own for a short while? She's been through years of Jedi training by that point and we have no idea where she ranks now.

Your the one who keeps pointing out that Ventress was on a dark side planet when she beat Grievous. She's also challenged Dooku on her own who resorted to using Force attacks to finish her off.

So again where is your evidence that Grievous can not challenge Mace or Dooku in a strict Saber duel?

ROTJ Vader
Too be fair, TCW has a way of messing up power rankings such as Barris Offee doing ultra well Vs Anakin and Krell beating armies of clones but Dooku losing to 10pirates.

DARTH POWER
Was 30 pirates actually. And he was ambushed without his Lightsabers.

Perhaps Bariss and Krell are just that good.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Was 30 pirates actually. And he was ambushed without his Lightsabers.

You get my point.

ROTJ Vader
There some inconstitencies but overall it is very consistent.

DARTH POWER
You get my point.

Yeah, I just don't like people lowballing it. It was bad enough as it was sad

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah, I just don't like people lowballing it. It was bad enough as it was sad

Agreed lol. I perfer not to count that.

Vensai
Too be fair, TCW has a way of messing up power rankings such as Barris Offee doing ultra well Vs Anakin and Krell beating armies of clones but Dooku losing to 10pirates.
Anakin dominated with the force once he had enough and clones are probably not used to fighting someone with two double sided lightsabers. Dooku's showing was pathetic though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.