Uncanny Avengers Vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/UA_zpsda55f476.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JLA_zps00406663.jpg

Branlor Swift
lol

-Pr-
...I don't...

Golgo13
What? UA outnumber the JLA. JLA may have more power, but UA has the number advantage.

Branlor Swift
What is the point of these threads?

Might as well create a full roster Hickman Avengers vs the JLA thread

But yes, Sunfire, Wasp and Havok make up for the power advantage.

Golgo13
Don't forget Rogue. cool

Branlor Swift
Oh, Rogue?

Rogue solos Flash and then gains his power. This happens while Thor and Rogue beat up Superman, and Sunfire solos MM. Then Wanda, Havok, Rogue, Wasp, and Wolverine (and his yellow amirite) take out Hal.

Cap and Batman destroy everyone with shockwaves though.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Golgo13
What? UA outnumber the JLA. JLA may have more power, but UA has the number advantage.
Dude, shooting Superman with 5 Nerf guns is just as effective ineffective as shooting him with one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This can be a great a fight but it would have to involve some of that comic book luck and lopsided match ups. Thor/Superman are going to battle it out but the rest of the JLA are overall more powerful barring Scarlet Witch. Sunfire would need to know about John's weakness to prevent a telepath based win and Rogue needs to get the drop on Flash or something.

Like, it wouldn't be hard to picture scenarios where they have an even fight but on paper, in a vs. forum? That's something else.

Blue Area Vet
Hell, I'll go with UA. Wonderman and Thor can engage some of the JLA heralds one on one. Wolverine will survive early attacks and stick around till later. Cap going down is not the end of the world as Havok is also a leader. John better watch out for Sunfire. Scarlett Witch and Rogue are HUGE problems! Rogue will have her choice of heralds to touch. Back to Wolverine, he is capable of landing a death blow.

ares834
Originally posted by StyleTime
Dude, shooting Superman with 5 Nerf guns is just as effective ineffective as shooting him with one.

thumb up

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JLA_zps00406663.jpg

I love this picture. laughing

Batman is mugging like he is a tough guy, but he is standing behind Superman like a little brother who knows he can talk shit and act tough if his brother is there to protect him, and Manhunter is sulking off to the side because he knows he could beat anyone on the team but gets no respect.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Batman is mugging like he is a tough guy, but he is standing behind Superman like a little brother who knows he can talk shit and act tough if his brother is there to protect him, and Manhunter is sulking off to the side because he knows he could beat anyone on the team but gets no respect.

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

MM is thinking, "I could whoop Kal's ass, but the D.C. editors just won't let me.

Branlor Swift
Batman... hiding... behind Superman nonetheless?

Shut up skank

StyleTime
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This can be a great a fight but it would have to involve some of that comic book luck and lopsided match ups. Thor/Superman are going to battle it out but the rest of the JLA are overall more powerful barring Scarlet Witch. Sunfire would need to know about John's weakness to prevent a telepath based win and Rogue needs to get the drop on Flash or something.

Like, it wouldn't be hard to picture scenarios where they have an even fight but on paper, in a vs. forum? That's something else.
In a comic, Flash would probably dodge Sunfire or Havok's blasts, while running nowhere in particular. He'd look back to quip, and Rogue would jump out of hiding and drain him.
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Hell, I'll go with UA. Wonderman and Thor can engage some of the JLA heralds one on one. Wolverine will survive early attacks and stick around till later. Cap going down is not the end of the world as Havok is also a leader. John better watch out for Sunfire. Scarlett Witch and Rogue are HUGE problems! Rogue will have her choice of heralds to touch. Back to Wolverine, he is capable of landing a death blow.
Nah. Nearly everyone you mentioned lacks the physical stats to matter.

Most of them could be taken out with telepathy before the fight really even starts too.

carver9
Lol at this thread.

StyleTime
Golgo, oh how we love thee.

abhilegend
thumb upOriginally posted by srankmissingnin

Manhunter beating Superman? That's rich.

Blue Area Vet
In a comic, Flash would probably dodge Sunfire or Havok's blasts, while running nowhere in particular. He'd look back to quip, and Rogue would jump out of hiding and drain him.

Nah. Nearly everyone you mentioned lacks the physical stats to matter.

Most of them could be taken out with telepathy before the fight really even starts too.

Right...unless Scarlett Witch turns his telepathy on his own team.....or makes him have crippling telepathic feedback....or whatever else her chaos magic comes up with.

Kstanz
That Avengers pic looks fruity as hell, it reminds me of a certain sitcom from the early 90's that starred Bob Saget...

Superman solos
Martian solos

beatboks
Scarlet witch says "Aliens never existed" Suddenly No Superman, Martian Manhunter and Hal Doesn't have a ring. Barry and Bruce are then royally screwed.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by beatboks
Scarlet witch says "Aliens never existed" Suddenly No Superman, Martian Manhunter and Hal Doesn't have a ring. Barry and Bruce are then royally screwed.

laughing

Or if they are lucky, she just says "No more aliens that somehow gain godlike powers just because he is exposed to the Earth's sun who's weaknesses don't really weaken him and defies every law of physics while upstaging his fellow heroes who have more powers than him." That would leave MM and GL in tact.

abhilegend
She doesn't have that level of power anymore.

Mr.SunKing
she no longer is a conduit to the life force entity, therefore she no longer has that power, the amp is gone

the Darkone
But she can still tap into chaos magic though

ares834
Well, yeah but not nearly to that level.

Anyway, JLA stomp.

beatboks
laughing

Or if they are lucky, she just says "No more aliens that somehow gain godlike powers just because he is exposed to the Earth's sun who's weaknesses don't really weaken him and defies every law of physics while upstaging his fellow heroes who have more powers than him." That would leave MM and GL in tact.
It was sarcasm ( and the only chance UA had)

StyleTime
Right...unless Scarlett Witch turns his telepathy on his own team.....or makes him have crippling telepathic feedback....or whatever else her chaos magic comes up with.
It's too bad she's astronomically slower than him...or most of his teammates.

LeonBuco666
This thread is amazing

ODG
Hell, I'll go with UA. Wonderman and Thor can engage some of the JLA heralds one on one. Wolverine will survive early attacks and stick around till later. Cap going down is not the end of the world as Havok is also a leader. John better watch out for Sunfire. Scarlett Witch and Rogue are HUGE problems! Rogue will have her choice of heralds to touch. Back to Wolverine, he is capable of landing a death blow. Wonder Man actually doesn't fight anymore. He's a complete pacifist. At best, he'd protect somebody from attacks. But he ain't throwing down with anybody.

operator616
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
she no longer is a conduit to the life force entity, therefore she no longer has that power, the amp is gone

it doesn't have to be the life force, Remender stated that all she (current version of the SW) needs is a great enough power source and a time to cast her spell to be able to achieve everything she did back then:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43969

^ you'll find the relevant paragraph of the massive page right above this particular scan:

http://i.imgur.com/hRIVsFj.jpg

to quote what he said:

"She can bend reality, but can she bend reality in the middle of a fight to suit her purposes? No. Can she bend reality if she has a power source great enough, such as the life force that led her to do what she did on M-Day? Yes. So with a great enough power source, the time to cast the spell, and the inclination to cast it she can do almost anything"

this was also hinted in the series itself.

Blue Area Vet
It's too bad she's astronomically slower than him...or most of his teammates.

Right, because the JLA has a record of using fatal super speed to begin fights.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by ODG
Wonder Man actually doesn't fight anymore. He's a complete pacifist. At best, he'd protect somebody from attacks. But he ain't throwing down with anybody.
Cool

however I still don't see how that is gonna help anything
its not everyday that Wanda finds an omniversal source of power.
As I stated prior, with no amps/external source, she essentially has no way of achieving anything of that magnitude.

StyleTime
Right, because the JLA has a record of using fatal super speed to begin fights.
Won't have to be anywhere near fatal.

Kstanz
Last time I saw Wanda she was struggling with Modok in AvX.

maxivitopowe
Bunko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.