You have the powers Vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Paul Calf
You have the powers of Thor,

Can you beat:

1) The Hulk (Classic Version)

2) Captain Marvel

3) Superman

4) Silver Surfer

Explain how you having the powers makes Thor a "Superior" Thunder God!

wolverinos
Originally posted by Paul Calf

Can you beat:

2) Captain Marvel

3) Superman

4) Silver Surfer

dont forget to add thors guts because lets face it people, even if you had the powers of thor you dont have his courage, and lets be honest you all will pee in your pants if you see an angry hulk comming at you and will just be bullied by him.

h1a8

Can you beat:

2) Captain Marvel

3) Superman

4) Silver Surfer

Explain how you having the powers makes Thor a "Superior" Thunder God! Yes I would simply fight with my own character against their comic induced stupidity. I would simply BFR them all. Or pummel the dumb Surfer.

Now the problem with this thread is that if a comic fan can actually control Superman or Surfer as well then the results would be the same (they could beat everyone)

Fan controlled characters >>>>>>>> >>>> comic controlled characters.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by h1a8

Fan controlled characters >>>>>>>> >>>> comic controlled characters.
Yup. I find threads like this much more interesting when the power gap between the controlled character and gauntlet is bigger. Like trying to stomp something from a few tiers down. Makes your control mean more and reasoning behind the wins more intresting and thought out beyond 'bfr' and 'godblast' IMO

8swords

the thor is strong in this one ,

-Pr-
Hulk would be the easiest to put down using my own knowledge; that said, it wouldn't exactly be easy.

It's doable either way.

Lord Feron
I wouldn't have thor's pain tolerance so im not sure i long I would be able to stay in a fight.

Digi

Can you beat:

2) Captain Marvel

3) Superman

4) Silver Surfer

Assuming I am proficient in their use...

1 - of course

2 - yup

3 - I better be able to, especially comic book version (forum version would be harder)

4 - Surfer might stop me. Another "I beat the comic version, might lose to forum version"

And I wouldn't be superior to Thor necessarily. I would just use his exotic powers more frequently.

beatboks
Can you beat:

1) The Hulk (Classic Version) - easily

2) Captain Marvel - Since I'm not so honorable to make every battle an even fight I'd just use the move he used to shrink Hyperion in a mystical energy field and pinp him

3) Superman - absorb all the Yk solar radiation in his body with Mjilnor's energy absorption powers and tehn stomp the powerless nobody

4) Silver Surfer - even fihgting as the honorable brick with a whole in his side from the World Tree Thor could tank everything that SS could dish out. Not to mention there are at least a few occassions where Thor fought out of character and was actually able to cause Galactus harm ( one G actually stated it was the first time he'd felt pain in a millenium http://s492.photobucket.com/user/newsonofodin87/media/ThorvsGalactusfirst1.jpg.html http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96884/2218400-1440976_thor_vs_galactus_super.jpg)
Taking down SS for someone wielding mjilnor prepared to actually go all out should not be a problem

Digi
Originally posted by beatboks
4) Silver Surfer - even fihgting as the honorable brick with a whole in his side from the World Tree Thor could tank everything that SS could dish out. Not to mention there are at least a few occassions where Thor fought out of character and was actually able to cause Galactus harm ( one G actually stated it was the first time he'd felt pain in a millenium http://s492.photobucket.com/user/newsonofodin87/media/ThorvsGalactusfirst1.jpg.html http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96884/2218400-1440976_thor_vs_galactus_super.jpg)
Taking down SS for someone wielding mjilnor prepared to actually go all out should not be a problem

thumb up

How have I not seen those scans?

beatboks
Originally posted by Digi
thumb up

How have I not seen those scans?

Your not as old a Thor fanboy as me who started reading comics in the actual Silver Age. I was 4 (IIRC) when Avenger #1 came out bought it at a book exchange when i was 8 or 9.

h1a8
Surfer is iffy though. If he fights dumb then Thor can own him easily. But if he uses any type of ftl speed and reflexes then oh boy.

LeonBuco666
If surfer fights, and its pisless an cisless, then i wouldnt stand a chance with all of thors powers at my disposal vs surfer fighting at 100% without being a retard etc

Stoic
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
If surfer fights, and its pisless an cisless, then i wouldnt stand a chance with all of thors powers at my disposal vs surfer fighting at 100% without being a retard etc

What? Thor is more powerful than the Surfer, but slightly less durable in terms of taking punishment without being killed. Plus he is a better fighter, so this would all come down to how well you can fight.

If however this thread is including Thor's martial knowledge, then yes the Surfer would get wrecked.

Superman would be his largest threat simply due to his speed, and durability, because lets face it, if you can't hit a guy that is much faster than you, you will be getting hit by him, plus his other powers must be taken into consideration.

The Hulk would only be a challenge if I were to face him head on, and not just simply bfr him to someplace that he can just be left alone.

Captain Marvel is a lot like Superman but less durable, and with a lesser degree of powers, so i think that i would be able to kick his ass eventually.

Digi
Originally posted by beatboks
Your not as old a Thor fanboy as me who started reading comics in the actual Silver Age. I was 4 (IIRC) when Avenger #1 came out bought it at a book exchange when i was 8 or 9.

Oh, I didn't start reading comics until about 2002. But there are certain characters whose history I've discovered, either on my own, through KMC, or both.

There aren't many tricks left up Thor's sleeve that I haven't seen...I know him as well as anyone, throughout the whole of his history. But those are a couple I don't remember. Nice finds.

thumb up

pym-ftw
Hulk- I'd tell him what his father did was wrong and tell him that no one blames him.

Billy- I'd push the range game until he uses his lightning and then asborb it in order to redirect back at hum transforming him. I'd knock him out in human form...

Superman- uses large storms to block all sunlight and then mock him about him never being able to lift the hammer.

Surfer- keep close and push the H2H advantage.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
What? Thor is more powerful than the Surfer, but slightly less durable in terms of taking punishment without being killed. Plus he is a better fighter, so this would all come down to how well you can fight.

If however this thread is including Thor's martial knowledge, then yes the Surfer would get wrecked.

Superman would be his largest threat simply due to his speed, and durability, because lets face it, if you can't hit a guy that is much faster than you, you will be getting hit by him, plus his other powers must be taken into consideration.

The Hulk would only be a challenge if I were to face him head on, and not just simply bfr him to someplace that he can just be left alone.

Captain Marvel is a lot like Superman but less durable, and with a lesser degree of powers, so i think that i would be able to kick his ass eventually.

Surfer can be a lot faster when he is using his powers efficiently. So don't assume a very well written Surfer is going to fight Thor at his speed.

Better fighting = uselessness when it comes to speed.

LeonBuco666
A well written surfer is much more powerful that thor, more versatile too.

Spire

Can you beat:

2) Captain Marvel

3) Superman

4) Silver Surfer

1) Win - I apply my warrior skills, avoid a straight up fight and a prolonged battle.

2) Lose - I try to use my range attacks to keep his overwhelming strength and mobility at bay. In his great 'wisdom', he sees that my crutch(trololololololol) Mjolnir is the source of my strength, and when separated he wrecks my shit.

Wearing a smile.

Monkey D Luffy style.

3) Lose - I try to use my range attacks to keep his overwhelming strength and mobility at bay, but he answers with range attacks of his own. He also said something about a an '11' or something. I'm not quite sure as I was beginning to black out.

4) Win - He is swift in the air, but no matter. Mjolnir blocks the blasts from his hands. The Silver Surfer blocks Mjolnir with his face.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hulk- I'd tell him what his father did was wrong and tell him that no one blames him.

Billy- I'd push the range game until he uses his lightning and then asborb it in order to redirect back at hum transforming him. I'd knock him out in human form...

Superman- uses large storms to block all sunlight and then mock him about him never being able to lift the hammer.

Surfer- keep close and push the H2H advantage.
Yeah, superman gets depowered at night.

Stoic
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
A well written surfer is much more powerful that thor, more versatile too.

Wrong. What happens when he is ripped off of that board by someone able to hit as hard as Thor? That's right the same thing that happened recently when they fought. You can't assume that they're fighting slow or play the CIS card without taking into account that certain bone jarring blows, power attacks... etc would not only slow the character down physically, but would also mess with them mentally.

Spire
The only thing Surfer really has on Thor is mobility.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, superman gets depowered at night.
When did I say that?

I'll wait

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
When did I say that?

I'll wait
You are essentially saying that blocking sunlight would depower superman. What's the difference?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.