Captain Fordo & The Arcs Vs Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
Who takes it. The arcs get there ship to, and if this fight isint fair give Grievous a few mangaguards.

Vensai
If there are some Magnaguards to distract the ARSs, Grievous should be able to get on the ship provided its at a low altitude.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Vensai
If there are some Magnaguards to distract the ARSs, Grievous should be able to get on the ship provided its at a low altitude.

True, but 1ARC=Jango. So Grievous could proabably take down 4-5 but no more.

Lets say, 3 mangaguards.

Vensai
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
True, but 1ARC=Jango. So Grievous could proabably take down 4-5 but no more.

Lets say, 3 mangaguards.
Jango is not equal to an ARC.
Jango's exaggerated feat of killing Jedi with his bare hands exceeds any ARC's exaggerated feats in the micro series.

ROTJ Vader
Jango is not equal to an ARC.
Jango's exaggerated feat of killing Jedi with his bare hands exceeds any ARC's exaggerated feats in the micro series.

I think its stated somewhere 1ARC=Jango. And Fordo took down like 15SBD'S in 5seconds or so. So he could proabably do that.

Vensai
I think its stated somewhere 1ARC=Jango. And Fordo took down like 15SBD'S in 5seconds or so. So he could proabably do that.
Where did it say so? A rookie Boba Fett took down an ARC. They don't have Jango's vast experience.
Either way, Grievous should win. He's too fast for the clones.

ares834
Clones wins. Giving them the gun ship makes it close to spite IMO.

Vensai
Originally posted by ares834
If the ship is kept at a high altitude, then I agree.

ROTJ Vader

Okay. So no ship.

Vensai
Okay. So no ship.
Grievous could possibly just blitz them.

ares834
How? He loses to Gungans now days, no way is he blitzing a few ARC troopers. Not even the uber microseries version was able to; he had to rely on the surroundings.

Vensai
How? He loses to Gungans now days, no way is he blitzing a few ARC troopers. Not even the uber microseries version was able to; he had to rely on the surroundings.
That was a ridiculous low showing like Dooku losing to pirates.
Wasn't Grievous able to dodge most of their gunfire in the micro series and still slice some clones up?
If a magnaguard staff and Jedi force pushes can't finish off Grievous in RoTS, a few blaster bolts aren't taking him down as long as his armor isn't opened.

ares834
Not really. Grievous is not nearly the threat he used to be; he struggles with padawans now days.

And, to my knowledge, Grievous has never displayed the ability to tank blaster bolts. Heck, spears were piercing his body.

As for the micro-series, he was using the surroundings to engage them. He took cover and ran along the walls/ceiling.

Vensai
Not really. Grievous is not nearly the threat he used to be; he struggles with padawans now days.

And, to my knowledge, Grievous has never displayed the ability to tank blaster bolts. Heck, spears were piercing his body.
He's tanked force pushes (dodged them too) and explosions and lightsaber strikes. Just look at his fight with Durge and Ventress.

Lord Lucien
He's tanked force pushes (dodged them too) and explosions and lightsaber strikes. That seems to be common fare with anyone nowadays.

ares834
I don't have the comic. So post scans. I also can't recall one time where he tanked a lightsaber blow.

Ultimately, nothing I have seen suggests he can survive gunfire, hence why he attempts to avoid it. And surviving a force push is nothing impressive.

Vensai
Regardless, Grievous' ability to keep up with Fisto and Ventress, both who appeared insanely fast to AoTC Kenobi, would make him significantly faster than the ARCs.

ares834
So? They have guns and are insanely skilled. Plus there is a squad of them here....

Vensai
So? They have guns and are insanely skilled. Plus there is a squad of them here....
Like Grievous hasn't blocked blaster bolts with his 20 blows per second lightsaber striking speed before. Believe it or not, he can take lightsaber strikes and survive.

ares834
Seems very inconsistent for the rest of Greivous portrayals where lightsabers work just fine on him. Not to mention he has been damaged by far less. So, I still think a blaster will work just fine on him.

As for deflecting the shots, I can't think of a single time where he has displayed aptitude for such a thing. Not to mention these are highly elite troops who should know how to stagger the shots to make them more difficult to deflect just as Fett does. It going to be hell to deflect this kind of fire power, even for a Jedi. And if the clones have any heavy weaponry, then the General is toast.

Intrepid37
He is built to dominate. The ceramic armorplast plates protecting limbs and torso and face can stop a burst from a starfighter's laser cannon.

-Revenge of the Sith

ares834
Which, based on feats, is blatantly not true. Although, I guess it is possible he was upgraded later on. Still, this seems to be more of a case similar to Vader's armor where is has one or two good showings and a couple of statements but everything else contradicts it.

Vensai
Which, based on feats, is blatantly not true. Although, I guess it is possible he was upgraded later on. Still, this seems to be more of a case similar to Vader's armor where is has one or two good showings and a couple of statements but everything else contradicts it.
Grievous has tanked quite an amount of punishment.
Well beyond anything that ARCs ever did to him.

Banjo Broski
Grievous Win Easy. He Can Solo The Maul Bros & Is Ultra Strong & Did Ultra Well Against Mace Windu At Half His Power & Beat 2Council Members A Knight & 2Master & A Padawan At 50%. THAT FINAL OKEY.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.