Sylar vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Sylar from the show called hero's vs Thor. Sylar has ALL of his powers for this fight.

Lestov16
Thor Jotunheims him. And he's way too fast for Sylar's TK to tag.

KingD19
Thor would be hard pressed to win here.

Sylar is not only invulnerable to physical harm(Invulnerability from Robert Keep), but able to heal on a level beyond even Wolverine if he does get hurt(Molecular Regeneration from Claire), which is unlikely since the guy whose power he stole had a single soft spot on the inside of his mouth. He's also got his TK which can be used to provide shielding and possibly toss Thor around since he really has no way to resist. Sylar can also emit radiation along the entire electromagnetic spectrum. So he could get Thor with all sorts of injuries and induced illnesses. And while he himself never had a need to, one guy with that power blew up a town and killed 200,000 people. Sylar could pull off the same thing.

He's also got illusions so powerful they can are pretty much as realistic as it gets(kinda like Mastermind), and are even strong enough fool electronics like cameras since Sylar impersonated Nathan on national tv several times, and we all know Thor has problems with Loki's illusory tricks, so Thor probably won't even be able to hit him.

He flies faster than Thor, as he got his flight from Nathan Petrelli and he can easily break the sound barrier which means flight at at least Mach 1. Thor's never gone that fast or shown as much maneuverability in the air.

There's also the freezing powers he got from Tracy Strauss, which can flash freeze people in moments and even hundreds of feet in seconds.

He's got phasing from D.L., so again Thor wouldn't be able to touch him, and D.L.'s phasing is sort of like Visions and can injure people by solidifying inside of them. Phase a hand inside, nuke his organs with his radiation power.

He's got a shatter power which while vaguely touched upon, the guy he stole it from seemed to think he could shatter Sylar if he aimed at him. Since Thor is so tough I doubt he'd shatter, but injury is a possibility.

And he's got melting, which is what it sounds like. Focus on an object, and it melts. Again, Thor's tough, but there's a good chance if Sylar tries to melt him, he'll be effected since he has no defense against what appears to be molecular alteration.

There's also sound manipulation. A sonic shout in Thor's ear will hurt or at least disorient him. And since it can strip the flesh from a body at close range, there's a slight chance it'll do damage as well.

He can also hurl lightning. Not to the extent of Thor, but it's worth mentioning I think.

Sylar has a looooot more options to deal with Thor than Thor has for him. And Thor even hurting him or causing any lasting damage is up for question.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by KingD19

Sylar is not only invulnerable to physical harm(Invulnerability from Robert Keep), but able to heal on a level beyond even Wolverine if he does get hurt(Molecular Regeneration from Claire), which is unlikely since the guy whose power he stole had a single soft spot on the inside of his mouth. He's also got his TK which can be used to provide shielding and possibly toss Thor around since he really has no way to resist. Sylar can also emit radiation along the entire electromagnetic spectrum. So he could get Thor with all sorts of injuries and induced illnesses. And while he himself never had a need to, one guy with that power blew up a town and killed 200,000 people. Sylar could pull off the same thing.

He's also got illusions so powerful they can are pretty much as realistic as it gets(kinda like Mastermind), and are even strong enough fool electronics like cameras since Sylar impersonated Nathan on national tv several times, and we all know Thor has problems with Loki's illusory tricks, so Thor probably won't even be able to hit him.

He flies faster than Thor, as he got his flight from Nathan Petrelli and he can easily break the sound barrier which means flight at at least Mach 1. Thor's never gone that fast or shown as much maneuverability in the air.

There's also the freezing powers he got from Tracy Strauss, which can flash freeze people in moments and even hundreds of feet in seconds.

He's got phasing from D.L., so again Thor wouldn't be able to touch him, and D.L.'s phasing is sort of like Visions and can injure people by solidifying inside of them. Phase a hand inside, nuke his organs with his radiation power.

He's got a shatter power which while vaguely touched upon, the guy he stole it from seemed to think he could shatter Sylar if he aimed at him. Since Thor is so tough I doubt he'd shatter, but injury is a possibility.

And he's got melting, which is what it sounds like. Focus on an object, and it melts. Again, Thor's tough, but there's a good chance if Sylar tries to melt him, he'll be effected since he has no defense against what appears to be molecular alteration.

There's also sound manipulation. A sonic shout in Thor's ear will hurt or at least disorient him. And since it can strip the flesh from a body at close range, there's a slight chance it'll do damage as well.

He can also hurl lightning. Not to the extent of Thor, but it's worth mentioning I think.

Sylar has a looooot more options to deal with Thor than Thor has for him. And Thor even hurting him or causing any lasting damage is up for question.

All of this. Also I wonder if Sylar's base power of taking abilities by cutting their heads open would work.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KingD19

Who was Robert Keep? As far as I know the only invulnerabilty he's got is from Claire.

Also his freezing wasn't from Tracie, his freezing power is a lot less advanced than hers. And I've never seen him phase.

Lestov16
Robert Keep was from a deleted episode. IDK if he counts. He had Cryokinesis (how he killed Molly's parents) and he got the intangibility in the S1 Bad Future. If we are giving Sylar his powers from the S1 Bad Future, then he'll probably take it. Cast illusions on Thor until he gets close, and then King Midas him. Can he survive going nuclear? IIRC Claire survived being in the vicinity of Ted temporarily going nuclear in her house, but also IIRC she didn't survive Sylar going nuclear in the S3 Bad Future after Marlo Stanfield killed his son.

DARTH POWER
Alternate timelines and deleted episodes can't count. It should by default be the timeline and continuing episodes the series follows in which Sylar does not have phasing or advanced freezing abilities or Industructibility outside his healing powers.

He also should fight in character, which means leave out things like "he should have this power, or could have that power." Use only the powers he uses in combat.

Lestov16
Sylar has (or rather had) cryokinesis, which he used to kill the Walkers.
The odd thing is that Sylar's powerset should guarantee his win (i.e. disintegration he got from Clint Howard), but he has such little feats with anything outside of TK and healing that it's virtually a non-factor.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lestov16
Sylar has (or rather had) cryokinesis, which he used to kill the Walkers.
The odd thing is that Sylar's powerset should guarantee his win (i.e. disintegration he got from Clint Howard), but he has such little feats with anything outside of TK and healing that it's virtually a non-factor.

It's because he has so many damn powers, in the heat of a fight he will just use the ones he's most used to. It's not like he's an X-Man training to use all his powers to their Apex. That's where being "In Character" comes into these versus fights.

As for the freezing, I know Sylar has it, but it's not on the level of Tracie is all I'm saying.

Tattoos N Scars
Sylar sounds like a good fight for Doc Manhattan

Nephthys
Hah, no. He has plenty of abilities that make him dangerous but hell no is he that dangerous.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Sylar sounds like a good fight for Doc Manhattan

No.

Lestov16
Sylar would get destroyed by telekinetics as weak as Andrew Detmer. No way can he take Manhattan. I doubt he can even take Thor here.

BruceSkywalker
funny thread... Sylar loses though

Lestov16
I do loves me some Heroes nostalgia though. I stuck with it until the shitty end (which would have just been a re-do of "Fugitives" anyway)

KingD19
Originally posted by Lestov16
Sylar would get destroyed by telekinetics as weak as Andrew Detmer. No way can he take Manhattan. I doubt he can even take Thor here.

Andrew wasn't "weak" at all. By the end of the movie he and his cousin were hurling city buses with little effort. That amount of force would even make Thor think twice. And the only reason he was even killed was because of his injury and mental instability kept him from properly focusing his force field.

carver9
I wonder if the puppet power would work on Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.