Rate the Assassins creed games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
Rate the Assassins creed games from favorite to least favorite

COG Veteran
out of the ones I've played...
1. Brotherhood (kicked ass)
2. AC3 (very meh)
3. Revalations (sucked)

ares834
1. Brotherhood
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. AC3
5. Revelations

Basically, the first game was a good. AC2 took the series to a whole new level and Brotherhood actually managed to top that. Unfortunately, Revelations added almost nothing to the series and, at that point, the games were losing their luster and the combat was becoming stale. AC3 modified it a bit, but not enough.

So the problem is simple. Too many games in too short a time frame without enough changes between each iteration.

Kazenji
1. Brotherhood
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. Bloodlines
5. Revelations

AC 3 not on my list because i haven't played it.

wolverinos
Originally posted by ares834
1. Brotherhood
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. AC3
5. Revelations

Basically, the first game was a good. AC2 took the series to a whole new level and Brotherhood actually managed to top that. Unfortunately, Revelations added almost nothing to the series and, at that point, the games were losing their luster and the combat was becoming stale. AC3 modified it a bit, but not enough.

So the problem is simple. Too many games in too short a time frame without enough changes between each iteration.

yes and you got black flag coming out soon which will be just assassins creed 3 only the sea battle part.
hope they will do it on the best side, what i didnt like in assassins creed 3 was the fact you had to travel huge distances to reach a point like what the hell? you find yourself running for miles to get to that cabin in the woods.

Kazenji
Time for Ubisoft to discover fast travel.

wakkawakkawakka
I might be repeating stuff but I guess I'll do it anyway.

1. AC Brotherhood
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. AC3
5. AC Bloodlines
6. AC Revelations

Funny thing is I remember having a disagreement with one of the mods about the relevance of Revelations to the AC world. Not only was I right but this game turned out to be a complete waste for the most part. AC3 wasn't too bad but for all it's hype it was a serious letdown.

I'm going to wait on AC4 to see what other people think of it first.

Demonic Phoenix
1. ACII
2. ACIII
3. ACB
4. ACR
5. AC

In terms of gameplay
1. ACIII
2. ACB
3. ACR
4. ACII
5. AC

BackFire
I've only played the numbered iterations. So I'd rank those -

1. ACII
2. ACIII
3. AC

Nephthys
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I might be repeating stuff but I guess I'll do it anyway.

1. AC Brotherhood
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. AC3
5. AC Bloodlines
6. AC Revelations

Funny thing is I remember having a disagreement with one of the mods about the relevance of Revelations to the AC world. Not only was I right but this game turned out to be a complete waste for the most part. AC3 wasn't too bad but for all it's hype it was a serious letdown.

I'm going to wait on AC4 to see what other people think of it first.

Revelations was fantastic for everything that wasn't the Desmond storyline. It felt like obvious padding for time by having him go into a coma and join with the animus. His backstory was nice but the gameplay in those sections was irritating and the whole thing was too little, too late.

But the Altiar and Ezio storylines were amazing and some of the best of the series.

Kazenji
Anyone played those games that where released for the DS?

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Nephthys
Revelations was fantastic for everything that wasn't the Desmond storyline. It felt like obvious padding for time by having him go into a coma and join with the animus. His backstory was nice but the gameplay in those sections was irritating and the whole thing was too little, too late.

But the Altiar and Ezio storylines were amazing and some of the best of the series.

I honestly feel that Revelations should've been it's own DLC kind of like Blood Dragon for Farcry 3. I still don't think an entire game was necessary. And if it was I could've dealt without some of the padding and making it a title that I actually cared about instead of just killing time for AC3. I guess that's my biggest gripe with it...feeling more like a cash in than a noteworthy game.

wolverinos
alright here is my list.
Assassins creed 2.
Brotherhood.
assassins creed 1
assassins creed 3
revelations.

just to note something, i know many people say assassins creed 1 was repetitive and everything.
but to be honest this is the the game in which i actually felt like i am truly playing an assassin the most.
assassins creed 2 was also good in that , ezio is on a vengence trip.
brotherhood was ezio closing some loops and cleaning up the mess left after 2.
assassins creed 3 felt more like an action/historical game.
and revelations? aside of it contributing to the storyline it has nothing to do with being an assassin.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
1. ACII
2. ACIII
3. ACB
4. ACR
5. AC

In terms of gameplay
1. ACIII
2. ACB
3. ACR
4. ACII
5. AC
thumb up

But personally I wouldn't even put AC on this list as its gameplay and style is far from any other game. Great in its own light.

jinXed by JaNx
Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I've only finished the first two. I tried 3 and saw the others. For me, the only games worth mentioning in this series are the first two. Revelations and bloodlines looked and came across as empty and pointless to me. Assassins creed 3 had a great premise and I think there was a great vision but It wasn't executed very well for me. Considering all of the critical elements of history involved it didn't feel very compelling to me. It looked nice and the gameplay was well improved upon, however, so I definitely give them credit for great attempt.

ares834
Brotherhood is the third game...

SevenShackles
AC2 is my all time favourite. I enjoy its flow and gameplay more than the others and its the only one i have replayed often. I've only missed out on playing revelations. It just didn't peak my interest.

Kazenji
With Bloodlines i found that one waaaaaaaay too easy, Only time i might have had some trouble was the final boss.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
thumb up

But personally I wouldn't even put AC on this list as its gameplay and style is far from any other game. Great in its own light.

Agreed. It was the game that started the series, while ACII reinvented it.
I still often pop in AC every now and then and play through it. Assassinations actually felt like assassinations given how Altair had to prep for them, and how the whole city went bat-crap crazy after the deed.
Hated the Desmond segments though, even if they were important to the plot.

Plus it helps that Altair is most likely my favourite character in the AC series with Ezio and Haytham close seconds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.