Korra vs Po

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuraAngel
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130408122557/avatar/images/c/cd/Korra_looking_smug.png

vs

http://images2.makefive.com/images/entertainment/celebrity/top-5-non-disney-characters/kung-fu-panda-aka-po-7.jpg

Korra, the Avatar from The Legend of Korra, takes on Po from Kung Fu Panda. Po just from the first movie and Korra doesn't get her Avatar State(but is allowed Airbending).

Nickelodeon made the two fight on the website and Korra won handily. So let's see what you guys conclude.

Fight takes place in a bamboo forest and both start on opposite sides of a river.

Nephthys
Korra.

BloodRain
In pure martial arts Po would have the advantage. The elements really give it to her.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by BloodRain
In pure martial arts Po would have the advantage. The elements really give it to her.

This^, and Korra has countless lifetimes of experience. Korra lolrapes.

BruceSkywalker
Po wins this.. lolol

Korra's skills s*cked badly

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Po wins this.. lolol

Korra's skills s*cked badly
But unlike po, korra doesn't have to get close to her opponent. She just gonna spam fireballs.

Nephthys
Korra would win even if they weren't on opposite sides of a river. She freezes him easy.

Vensai
Korra is more versatile.

KingD19
Tv Show Po would be a lot better suited to this match, as he's got some crazy powers of his own.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Sacred 117
This^, and Korra has countless lifetimes of experience. Korra lolrapes.

No Avatar State bro.

Originally posted by KingD19
Tv Show Po would be a lot better suited to this match, as he's got some crazy powers of his own.

Alright then he can have those feats too. Honestly thought movie Po would be enough though.

KingD19
Movie Po has greater speed and reflexes I think. As well as strength. But he's never dealt with ranged attacks from the first movie. If we kept it strictly to Panda 1 and 2 I think he'd do good though.

Tv show version just gives him more options from all the crazy magic skills he learned.

AuraAngel
But he was able to keep up with the evil tiger guy who was fast enough to dodge crossbow fire.

Vensai
Originally posted by AuraAngel
But he was able to keep up with the evil tiger guy who was fast enough to dodge crossbow fire.
No, he's slower than Tai Lung if that's who you're referring to. The start of their fight was Po getting blitzed.

KingD19

I know how fast he is. Which is why I pointed out that physically in pretty much all areas he's far beyond Korra. But Kung Fu Panda never had him dealing with any ranged attacks. Which is why she'd have an advantage if he's limited strictly to his first movie as pretty much 98% of her attacks are ranged.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Vensai
No, he's slower than Tai Lung if that's who you're referring to. The start of their fight was Po getting blitzed.

Movement speed sure but by the end of the fight he showed himself capable of blocking and parrying Tai Lung's moves.

And then there is his durability lol.

I know how fast he is. Which is why I pointed out that physically in pretty much all areas he's far beyond Korra. But Kung Fu Panda never had him dealing with any ranged attacks. Which is why she'd have an advantage if he's limited strictly to his first movie as pretty much 98% of her attacks are ranged.

I wouldn't go that far. Remember Korra, unlike Aang, does like to get up close and personal when she fights a lot of the time.

KingD19

I wouldn't go that far. Remember Korra, unlike Aang, does like to get up close and personal when she fights a lot of the time.

I'm not denying or discounting that. I'm saying that 98% of Korra's fighting style is centered around bending, and even if she gets up close, she's still bending elements and will have some distance so she doesn't get any blowback from her own powers. Also it's that Po has never dealt with anything energy or otherwise flying at him in KFP1.

Sacred 117
No Avatar State bro.

I know, but she still bears the Spirit of the Avatar. Kinda like Link with the Spirit of the Hero. I didn't imply the transformation.

ares834
Po wins.

KingD19
Avatars only show past experience when meditating or in the Avatar State. Otherwise they wouldn't need to master all four forms of bending. They could just already know it by conncecting with a past master.

Sacred 117
Avatars only show past experience when meditating or in the Avatar State. Otherwise they wouldn't need to master all four forms of bending. They could just already know it by conncecting with a past master.

Good point. It's been a while. embarrasment Still, Korra is automatically granted control of the battlefield simply because she can bend all four. That's a tremendous advantage to have in combat, especially to such a degree.

NotAllThatEvil
Not to mention po has to cross a river, her native element.

KingD19
Po's incredibly agile. He could easily scale some bamboo trees and leap to the other side. Especially if she starts hurling water spouts at him.

Sacred 117
Po's incredibly agile. He could easily scale some bamboo trees and leap to the other side. Especially if she starts hurling water spouts at him.

Solution: earthbending.

KingD19
That's not really a solution as Po is a helluva lot faster than Korra is. She messes up a tree, he hops to another and keeps going until he can get across. Also any boulders thrown at him can be dodged or destroyed or even redirected.

Sacred 117
Messes up a tree? She can level the foundation of them with it. She can do the same with firebending. As I said, environmental control.

COG Veteran
Po via mega-belly bump.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
But unlike po, korra doesn't have to get close to her opponent. She just gonna spam fireballs.

post some vids of her doing that

NemeBro
Po is quick enough to dodge whatever she has, durable enough to endure glancing blows, and strong enough to utterly dominate her in h2h.

I'd say he wins, maybe 6-7/10.

Vensai
Speed isn't much of a factor if Po can't see the airbending coming at him to dodge it.

KingD19
It's clear that Airbending is visible as people dodge it.

Vensai
It's clear that Airbending is visible as people dodge it.
In a world where people know about it. Po has no knowledge of airbending. And only the skilled characters ever dodge it.

KingD19
In forum matches the opponents get basic knowledge of each other unless otherwise stated. He knows she's the Avatar and can manip the four elements.

And even if he didn't know, it's a large, visible gust of wind. He'd know enough to get out of the way, just like he would with a fire ball or a rock or a water spout.

And fyi, Po has more skills than most people in Avatar.

NemeBro
Versus thread rules dictate that each side has basic knowledge of the other side.

This would include knowledge of airbending.

Vensai
In forum matches the opponents get basic knowledge of each other unless otherwise stated. He knows she's the Avatar and can manip the four elements.

And even if he didn't know, it's a large, visible gust of wind. He'd know enough to get out of the way, just like he would with a fire ball or a rock or a water spout.

And fyi, Po has more skills than most people in Avatar.
Fair enough. But Po has never fought an opponent with the power to wield all four elements. The river also gives Korra an immediate advantage to use her waterbending on Po.

NemeBro
How big is the river?

KingD19
He's fought people who can throw fireballs and project energy. He's fought a fish who can manipulate water, etc, etc,...

He's fought enough people to know what to expect.

He also has powers of his own.

NotAllThatEvil
When did he fight a fish?

KingD19
The Tv show. She was a master on par with Shifu and the others focused on in the show. But she was a lot faster than they were because her style focused on moving so fast she was invisible, striking, then hopping into another fish bowl.

NotAllThatEvil
I thought this was strictly first movie po?

Vensai
I do concede that Po has more "outside" experience than Korra since she was caged up for most of her childhood.
But a little Earthbending or freezing should be able to immobilize Po regardless of his durability.

KingD19
I thought this was strictly first movie po?

Threadstarter allowed tv show feats.

NotAllThatEvil
Well, as po beat a dragon, doesn't that officially grant him the rank of master in the avatar world? He should be able to take out a teenager

AuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
How big is the river?

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/sly-3-honor-among-thieves/thumb/6/69/Sly3_e4j5_04.jpg/225px-Sly3_e4j5_04.jpg

This is the setting I had in mind....yeah that isn't the size of a river. My bad. But for all intents and purposes this is the area.

Vensai
Well, as po beat a dragon, doesn't that officially grant him the rank of master in the avatar world? He should be able to take out a teenager
When did he do this?

KingD19
In the tv show. And it wasn't just a dragon. It was a powerful demon that took the form of a massive dragon.

Sacred 117
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/sly-3-honor-among-thieves/thumb/6/69/Sly3_e4j5_04.jpg/225px-Sly3_e4j5_04.jpg

This is the setting I had in mind....yeah that isn't the size of a river. My bad. But for all intents and purposes this is the area.

Ha. I had a feeling that this is what you meant. I envisioned the same thing. Lol.

NemeBro

This is the setting I had in mind....yeah that isn't the size of a river. My bad. But for all intents and purposes this is the area. Po skips over that dribble and kicks Korra right in the bagina, lol.

Demonic Phoenix
If this were Po from the 2nd movie, I'd have no trouble believing that he kicks the shit out of Korra and sits on her.

Po from the first movie still ridiculously durable though. So he sits on her.

XanatosForever
This is an interesting idea. I think Po wins at the moment, but Korra might get some more feats that'll give her a better chance. I suppose we'll see.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by XanatosForever
This is an interesting idea. I think Po wins at the moment, but Korra might get some more feats that'll give her a better chance. I suppose we'll see.

True. I disagree with your verdict, but Korra does have more to present. Looking forward to that. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.