Which ring bearer would be THE most powerful individual?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Juggernaut w/yellow ring- Juggernaut by his on power inspires fear and enjoys doing so. He's also had the experience of being possessed by Kuurth and proved to be the most successful of the Worthy. Ther ring should take to him just as well as he takes to the ring. Juggernaut is already unstoppable. Add elements like flight and blugeoning constructs and you have the ultimate bully.

Thanos w/black ring- What better wielder of the black ring than the death bringer himself? It's scary to think what he could do with such power. This could be his way of finally bonding with death.

Annihilus w/orange ring- Think about this one. Annhilus is paranoid to the point where he believes all other forms of life are a threat to his own. When Thanos read Annihilus's mind and discovered that his ultimate goal was to rule over the void, even he was shook up! That's some sick chit. The orange ring would take well to the character with the most selfish intentions ever imagined.

Superman w/green ring- Great willpower combined with a great body make this match work well.

Adam Warlock w/white ring- Know why Adam Warlock keeps coming back from death? It's because his life force is so strong, it never dies and eventually makes a new body for itself. Perfect match for a ring that is connected to the powers of life and creation. Also, Adam has the smarts, experience and cosmic awareness to utilize the ring to it's fullest potential.

Green Scar Hulk w/red ring- The king of rage in his most effective incarnation, where his rage and anger is channelled. Like he would need any more power.

Who would be THE most powerful individual? Also, who would win a match between the first three and the last three? I know, impossible to answer!

janus77
Frodo w/ The Ring of Power.

Sin I AM
thanos doesnt need a ring and he still curbs the opposition

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thanos doesnt need a ring and he still curbs the opposition
+1
With the Ring............/em shudders

carver9
Nice thread. Hulk imo.

Galan007
I'm torn between Thanos, Superman and Hulk. mmm

LeonBuco666
Juggernaut would be better with a will power ring, when colossus became juggs he said there was an overwhelming urge to cause pure destruction, so a chaos ring or a will power ring would be far better than a yellow one

warlock would be a beast
mindless hulk would have been a better match for the red ring but what eversmile
thanos needs no ring, although he would have some fun with it
Clark is probably one of the lower powerful of the latter
annihilus is a half decent match

Cogito
Thanos easily

Cogito
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
mindless hulk would have been a better match for the red ring but what eversmile

A red ring would make Hulk mindless anyways until he takes a dip in the blood pool on Ysmault

vince_slice
http://i39.tinypic.com/123ljer.jpg

Nibedicus
Hulk would get the biggest "amp" as the ring would not only enhance his abilities by amping off his main source of power (his rage) but give him additional abilities that he sorely lacked (flight, shielding and a ranged attack). Also, doesn't the ring increase it's wielder's anger? The awesome synergy as well as the fact that it covers some of his more glaring weaknesses would make it the biggest proportional amp.

What exactly would the ring give Thanos? He's already pretty much unkillable since his current resurrection and he already has a very powerful shields and energy blasts. I guess it'll amp his existing abilities...

Galan007
It'd allow Thanos to summon an undead army, and feed off/steal the emotional energies generated by other beings(see BL Hal vs. Volthoom.)

The latter trait is why Thanos likely wins this.

"Id"
Thanos could potentially wield the other colors of the spectrum.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Nice thread. Hulk imo.

Thanks, I try to make quality battles. Who would have thought you'd vote for the Hulk? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm torn between Thanos, Superman and Hulk. mmm

I personnally think that Adam is being slept on a bit. Power over soul + lifeforce? Cosmic awareness to do what he needs to do? Pretty uber in my book.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by "Id"
Thanos could potentially wield the other colors of the spectrum.
Soooo...white lantern? Nah that doesn't 'fit' to well.. But in a comic I could see that happening lol. Consumes all the colours of the spectrum and unknowingly becomes a white lantern dislocating himself from mistress death.. Then he discards the power and runs after mistress death 'its a misunderstanding! She means nothing to me!' And spares the universe and whoever he didn't kill yet for another go around at a later date.

Blue Area Vet
Juggernaut would be better with a will power ring, when colossus became juggs he said there was an overwhelming urge to cause pure destruction, so a chaos ring or a will power ring would be far better than a yellow one

warlock would be a beast

Disagree on Juggernaut. I thought the green ring would not work to do evil?

As I mentioned, I think Adam is being slept on. How the hell could you kill him? As far as mindless Hulk, I though about that, but he would have some limitations in terms of his own lack of awareness.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by vince_slice

Freaking awesome!! Where did that pic come from?

Nibedicus
It'd allow Thanos to summon an undead army, and feed off/steal the emotional energies generated by other beings(see BL Hal vs. Volthoom.)

The latter trait is why Thanos likely wins this.

Is summoning part of the basic BL powerset or was it just Hal doing it? I've only seen scans of the scene but from what I remember, didn't he simply summon other BLs?

Also, can emotional spectrum draining function off everyone else's emotions and not just other lanterns?

zopzop
OMG if only! droolio

Astner
Wasn't the White Lantern ring suppose to bestow some level of godhood, until Necron tore the white entity out of Sinetro's body that is?

http://i.imgur.com/lwyatBll.jpg

Blackest Night #8.

SevenShackles

warlock would be a beast
I agree on juggy. After all the crap Colossus went threw dealing with the same power and the overwhelming destructive urges that seem to come with it, it would appear Cain has had considerable willpower in doing his own thing and refusing the power. Colossus internal dialog "I remember Cain Marko. The juggernaut before me. The destruction he caused. The joy he took in it. I used to wonder how he could do such monstrous things. now I only wonder how he could ever stop"

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I agree on juggy. After all the crap Colossus went threw dealing with the same power and the overwhelming destructive urges that seem to come with it, it would appear Cain has had considerable willpower in doing his own thing and refusing the power. Colossus internal dialog "I remember Cain Marko. The juggernaut before me. The destruction he caused. The joy he took in it. I used to wonder how he could do such monstrous things. now I only wonder how he could ever stop"

"The joy he took in it." Screams yellow ring bearer.

Also, I'll ask again. Why would the green ring work for him?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
"The joy he took in it." Screams yellow ring bearer.

Also, I'll ask again. Why would the green ring work for him?
The joy he took in it could also be seen as the same joy colossus was taking in it and struggling with. As in it being gem influenced. (Not that it matters)

Non evil people can wield yellow rings, look at guy Gardner and one of the brainiacs (legion of superheroes) same goes for the green rings, evil people can Use them. It's all about willpower. Hank henshaw (cyborg superman) was able to use them and the rings didn't turn off when hal went parallax and went ring collecting or when sinestro was using it for 'bad things' before he got booted from the core they didn't turn off or leave.

All juggernaut needs it for really is flight. Once he has it his unstoppable nature will revert back to classic levels where he can't be stopped even in the air. Never mind energy blasts, added force fields and the such. I dont think he would be the strongest on the list but whatever you imagine him doing with the yellow ring he could most likely do with the green.

Blue Area Vet
The joy he took in it could also be seen as the same joy colossus was taking in it and struggling with. As in it being gem influenced. (Not that it matters)

Non evil people can wield yellow rings, look at guy Gardner and one of the brainiacs (legion of superheroes) same goes for the green rings, evil people can Use them. It's all about willpower. Hank henshaw (cyborg superman) was able to use them and the rings didn't turn off when hal went parallax and went ring collecting or when sinestro was using it for 'bad things' before he got booted from the core they didn't turn off or leave.

All juggernaut needs it for really is flight. Once he has it his unstoppable nature will revert back to classic levels where he can't be stopped even in the air. Never mind energy blasts, added force fields and the such. I dont think he would be the strongest on the list but whatever you imagine him doing with the yellow ring he could most likely do with the green.

But that's just it: Why would the green ring be better? Let's not make Marko out to be this character of great willpower just because his will was stronger than Colossus with years of experience in dealing with the power. Is his will greater than Superman, Captain America, Hal, Namor, the Thing, etc? And if it can go to a bad guy, then Dr. Doom is BY FAR the best choice. Also, when it came to Hal wielding the power as Parallex, was he evil, or insane? He thought he was doing what was right and that could be why it continued to work. If it would work for your run of the mill bad guy, then why haven't DC villains been all over trying to get a green ring?

The whole point of the thread was to identifiy the most powerful wielder of a given ring based on their attributes. I think a yellow ring is a far better match in that he ENJOYS destroying and inspiring fear. I also think Blonksy would be a good choice, but I gave the physical edge to Classic Juggs.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Is summoning part of the basic BL powerset or was it just Hal doing it? I've only seen scans of the scene but from what I remember, didn't he simply summon other BLs?

Also, can emotional spectrum draining function off everyone else's emotions and not just other lanterns?

It's just Hal.

Took a lot of retconning from John's to make it possible, considering he originally established Black Lanterns aren't even the original people, but constructs that resemble the original in every way, meaning Hal would be unable to exert his will power over the black rings and Nekron because it wouldn't be Hal.

But it's not like John's hasn't retconned his own work multiple times..

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Wasn't the White Lantern ring suppose to bestow some level of godhood, until Necron tore the white entity out of Sinetro's body that is?

http://i.imgur.com/lwyatBll.jpg

Blackest Night #8. Well ya. Kyle eventually evolves into Jesus, after all.
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16448857_7271725.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Well ya. Kyle eventually evolves into Jesus, after all.

Oh man, is this real??? If so, what the hell is wrong with D.C.?

cdtm
Well ya. Kyle eventually evolves into Jesus, after all.

laughing out loud

Poor Kyle. I always suspected, but now I'm certain Johns is mostly poking fun at Kyle and Kyle fans..

The proof's in the pudding, whenever he's on the same page with any other GL in any Corp, and does virtually nothing except get beaten down.

SevenShackles
But that's just it: Why would the green ring be better? Let's not make Marko out to be this character of great willpower just because his will was stronger than Colossus with years of experience in dealing with the power. Is his will greater than Superman, Captain America, Hal, Namor, the Thing, etc? And if it can go to a bad guy, then Dr. Doom is BY FAR the best choice. Also, when it came to Hal wielding the power as Parallex, was he evil, or insane? He thought he was doing what was right and that could be why it continued to work. If it would work for your run of the mill bad guy, then why haven't DC villains been all over trying to get a green ring?

The whole point of the thread was to identifiy the most powerful wielder of a given ring based on their attributes. I think a yellow ring is a far better match in that he ENJOYS destroying and inspiring fear. I also think Blonksy would be a good choice, but I gave the physical edge to Classic Juggs.

I never really saw fear as a big part of what the juggernaut does. It's just something that comes along with what he does. He doesn't care if your scared of him and it doesn't factor in on anything he does he just enjoys destroying stuff and being the strongest. Beating the crap out of a strong opponent isn't about anything else but proving he is stronger and beating something/someone.

Blonksy with a yellow ring would be interesting. Has the mind to use the thing effectively with some training and had the physical appearance to go with the motif like other sinestro corp members lol. Not a 'match up made in the heavens' like a yellow ring and scarecrow but not a bad one.

Personally I think classic juggy does better with sinestro corp ring and depowered juggy does better with green ring and out of those two match up he would be more out of the green ring. I don't even think he would utilise the rings abilities in classic mode.

Shabazz916
hulk

Galan007
Oh man, is this real??? If so, what the hell is wrong with D.C.? Very real. It's from GL #20.

Stunner2xx
i think that for the most part, the character's power set exceeds that of the rings. I see the rings adding little to no value to their current abilities.

I am a superman fan however, I think thanos is just too crafty and only loses when he wants to.

janus77
In this scenario, Hulk would benefit the most from the assorted other powers the ring gifts the bearer.

But in terms of increasing his power, I don't think it'd be significant. He already has enough power to fuel an army of heralds and to amp up people to herald levels.

Insane Titan
Thanos easy, tho he could do the same with the will power ring

abhilegend
Simply awesome.

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/VD75tkW.png

"Are you a wizard?"

Blue Area Vet
I never really saw fear as a big part of what the juggernaut does. It's just something that comes along with what he does. He doesn't care if your scared of him and it doesn't factor in on anything he does he just enjoys destroying stuff and being the strongest. Beating the crap out of a strong opponent isn't about anything else but proving he is stronger and beating something/someone.

Blonksy with a yellow ring would be interesting. Has the mind to use the thing effectively with some training and had the physical appearance to go with the motif like other sinestro corp members lol. Not a 'match up made in the heavens' like a yellow ring and scarecrow but not a bad one.

Personally I think classic juggy does better with sinestro corp ring and depowered juggy does better with green ring and out of those two match up he would be more out of the green ring. I don't even think he would utilise the rings abilities in classic mode.

Oh, THE best match up, although I don't know that he would result in the most powerful possible user (hell, maybe it would) is the Green Goblin.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by janus77
In this scenario, Hulk would benefit the most from the assorted other powers the ring gifts the bearer.

But in terms of increasing his power, I don't think it'd be significant. He already has enough power to fuel an army of heralds and to amp up people to herald levels.

Yeah, but flight in his case is a major upgrade.

LeonBuco666
Flight would give him the advantage he needs in his fights, he would be much tougher imo

dynamix
thanos

juggerman
I think Juggernaut would get the most benefit out of his ring. He'll get flight and BFR will be a no go most of the time. His auto shields and the ones granted by the ring would help keep his damn helmet on. So basically all his "weaknesses" would be covered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.