Sentry vs Thanos (fist fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Both can amp if capable

No BFR

Galan007
Thanos.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Galan007
Thanos. easy or hard?

After all Sentry did let Hulk punch him about for a bit

Galan007
Thanos went blow-for-blow with B&T Thor /w/ the power gem for a bit, and only received a bloody nose. Before that, Thor had utterly stomped the likes of Drax, Maxam, Strange, Warlock, Surfer, etc.

There's probably more feats on Thanos' behalf, but that is the first that came to mind.

Supermex
Who is Thanos?
Everybody keeps bring this guys name a lot, is he any good? This Thanos?

LeonBuco666
Lol

janus77
Originally posted by Supermex
Who is Thanos?
Everybody keeps bring this guys name a lot, is he any good? This Thanos?
He's a KMC in-joke.
Not really from Marvel or any comic at all.

It began with a stream-of-consciousness post by Quan, wherein he created this all conquering character that always wins, even when he's being bludgeoned without reply or cuffed and taken away by the police. Like Charlie Sheen, except more realistic.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by janus77
He's a KMC in-joke.
Not really from Marvel or any comic at all.

It began with a stream-of-consciousness post by Quan, wherein he created this all conquering character that always wins, even when he's being bludgeoned without reply or cuffed and taken away by the police. Like Charlie Sheen, except more realistic.
Thanos gives him the Surfer treatment, but last a couple of shots longer.

Galan007
thumb up

Didn't Thanos, like, 3-shot Surfer?

celeyhyga17
thumb up

Didn't Thanos, like, 3-shot Surfer?
8 pieced him.

Beat the living shiet outta him. He pretty much KO'd him in about 6 shots, but threw in 2 more for kicks. Sadistic bastich that guy.
stick out tongue

ODG
^ He also ambushed Surfer from behind. Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Didn't Thanos, like, 3-shot Surfer? No, not that I'm aware of.

janus77
Well, given Sentry couldn't even remain conscious after a beating from a holding back Hulk, I somehow doubt he's up there with Surfer.

Mind you, Surfer could just have killed Thanos with a black-hole. Apparently Thanos is (or was) scared of them enough to heed Skreet's advice and teleport away.

Galan007
Originally posted by ODG
No, not that I'm aware of. thumb up

Just looked. It took 8 punches, like cele said.

Tony Stark
Well, given Sentry couldn't even remain conscious after a beating from a holding back Hulk, I somehow doubt he's up there with Surfer.

Mind you, Surfer could just have killed Thanos with a black-hole. Apparently Thanos is (or was) scared of them enough to heed Skreet's advice and teleport away.

no expression

SENTRY purposefully let WWH hit him repeatedly... At what point did it say that WWH was holding back?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
^ He also ambushed Surfer from behind. No, not that I'm aware of.
He did ambush him initially with an energy blast. Surfer recovered fairly quickly then proceeded to rush Thanos after a short pause.

Then Thanos ended him with 8 straight blows. Two of which came after Surfer was already on the ground.

Branlor Swift
thumb up

Didn't Thanos, like, 3-shot Surfer? He's one shotted him with a blast while he was a spirit, and then the whole beating him to death thing.

Though mind you, he was trying to leave Surfer with a sliver of his life left so logic dictates he was holding back.

Galan007
I know I have the comic where Thanos beat him to a pulp, but can't remember what it was called..?

LeonBuco666
The famous words shall be spoken again! With the same ending....
"respect my pimp hand!"

zopzop
Thanos wins

celeyhyga17
I know I have the comic where Thanos beat him to a pulp, but can't remember what it was called..?
Cosmic Powers Unlimited.

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Cosmic Powers Unlimited. #1, yes in deed.

Thanks. thumb up

Bentley
Thanos trashes this poor D-lister.

h1a8
No Thanos is beating Sentry in a fist fight.
If we talking about Genis Sentry or even Terrax Sentry then this is spite.
If we are talking about WWH Sentry then it's a good fight but goes to Sentry.

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
No Thanos is beating Sentry in a fist fight.
If we talking about Genis Sentry or even Terrax Sentry then this is spite.
If we are talking about WWH Sentry then it's a good fight but goes to Sentry.

Lol. Good lord. I'm a Sentry fanboy and I even admit that he has no business trying to duke it out with Thanos. He would get killed.

There is just nothing right at all with any of your statement.

curryman
I don't think Thanos is that much stronger, but I do think he's much more durable.

Sentry wouldn't be able to overcome his durability.

TheGodKiller
Thanos wins.

Bentley
Originally posted by tkitna
I'm a Sentry fanboy

Agreed biscuits

Insane Titan
Originally posted by curryman
I don't think Thanos is that much stronger, but I do think he's much more durable.

Sentry wouldn't be able to overcome his durability. you think Sentry could punch Sufer to death as easy as Thanos did ?

TheGodKiller
^The current Death Seed amped Sentry could probably come close.

curryman
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you think Sentry could punch Sufer to death as easy as Thanos did ?

I think that the Surfer might die if Sentry gets 8 free hits and he's really laying into those blows.

Thanos needed Surfer to specifically be almost dead, I don't think Sentry could accomplish that.

tkitna
Originally posted by Bentley
Agreed biscuits

rock

Insane Titan
Originally posted by curryman
I think that the Surfer might die if Sentry gets 8 free hits and he's really laying into those blows.

Thanos needed Surfer to specifically be almost dead, I don't think Sentry could accomplish that. when has Sentry ever showed that kind of punching power.

Surfer was dead, Thanos took surfer as sacrificial offering to death but gave Sufer a slither of his life force back so he was conscious to see what was happening

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos trashes this poor D-lister.

no expression

LeonBuco666
Thanos would kill sentry, Surfer is more durable than Bob, bob gets his face caved in of hulk and is near unconscious, Surfer gets mauled by hulk and is annoyed with him
thanos pimp slaps hulk W/left hand and lays him on his back
The Mad Titan would decimate Dirty Bob in a slug fest, hell a slug fest? Sentry gets dropped with 3-6 punches
sentry was nearly asleep after blue marvel gave him a beat down

Diesldude
Thanos went blow-for-blow with B&T Thor /w/ the power gem for a bit, and only received a bloody nose. Before that, Thor had utterly stomped the likes of Drax, Maxam, Strange, Warlock, Surfer, etc.

There's probably more feats on Thanos' behalf, but that is the first that came to mind.

Did Thanos have shields against Thor? Or amped punches? Also I guess they would be allowed because they are standard gear for him.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Thanos would kill sentry, Surfer is more durable than Bob, bob gets his face caved in of hulk and is near unconscious, Surfer gets mauled by hulk and is annoyed with him
thanos pimp slaps hulk W/left hand and lays him on his back
The Mad Titan would decimate Dirty Bob in a slug fest, hell a slug fest? Sentry gets dropped with 3-6 punches
sentry was nearly asleep after blue marvel gave him a beat down

Meh... Let me know how SS did against WWH will ya? THANOS is a beast but, he was afraid to get into a slug feat with Savage HULK. I can only imagine how big the pile of shit would be in his pants knowing he had to pound it out with WWH.

SS durability= Arm bar

LeonBuco666
Thanos said a fight with hulk was a fight hed avoid basically, even though he would destroy him, and im a hulk fanboy but hulk would be dropped

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Meh... Let me know how SS did against WWH will ya? THANOS is a beast but, he was afraid to get into a slug feat with Savage HULK. I can only imagine how big the pile of shit would be in his pants knowing he had to pound it out with WWH.

SS durability= Arm bar when did Thanos say he was afraid? That's right he didn't he said avoid , people like Thanos only battle for a reason/prize

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Diesldude
Did Thanos have shields against Thor? Or amped punches? Also I guess they would be allowed because they are standard gear for him. iirc Thanos never charged his punches against Thor and used a sheild once which Thor smashed in one hit

zopzop
Meh... Let me know how SS did against WWH will ya?
http://s10.postimg.org/6ffm9n2lx/wwhsurfer2.jpg
He was doing just fine considering a) he was weakened by his transition through that portal and b) he was merely brawling Hulk.

Well maybe he should have called in the SS, because Norin has a habit of making Savage Hulk his b|tch :
http://s21.postimg.org/50mcrpo83/noonehashadthepowerofthesilversurfer.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/pjqfo9gwz/ images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_QDv_Hwjplev_J1v5x_DULc6_KRVG_
fe_7.jpg

LeonBuco666
It was when he was fighting champion who has the PG, he said and i quote "in many ways i assume this is what it would be like battling the terran behemoth, the hulk, a conflict i have sought to avoid over the years"
basically comparing hulks power to the PG, which is rather good on hulks part

Branlor Swift
Low level Thanos clone

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/edb93_x_man2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/5657e_x_man3.jpg

lol at people still using the Champion scans.

Galan007
I'd like to 'assume' that my poop is made of solid gold, but every time I look in the toilet, I just see brown fecal matter.

That, kids, is why assumptions=/=fact. smile

LeonBuco666
I'd like to 'assume' that my poop is made of solid gold, but every time I look in the toilet, I just see brown fecal matter.

That, kids, is why assumptions=/=fact. smile i never said hulk was equal i just said thanos was comparing hulk to the pg

abhilegend

That, kids, is why assumptions=/=fact. smile
You don't shit gold? How embarrassing of you!

Insane Titan
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
It was when he was fighting champion who has the PG, he said and i quote "in many ways i assume this is what it would be like battling the terran behemoth, the hulk, a conflict i have sought to avoid over the years"
basically comparing hulks power to the PG, which is rather good on hulks part I knew what he was talking about , it's a bullshit myth that Thanos is scared of Hulk

Branlor Swift
It's not even a point really

LeonBuco666
I knew what he was talking about , it's a bullshit myth that Thanos is scared of Hulk bullshit is an understatement i think its more that thanos knows hulk has the potential to become one of the most devastating forces in marvel u imo anyway

Tony Stark
Originally posted by zopzop

http://s10.postimg.org/6ffm9n2lx/wwhsurfer2.jpg
He was doing just fine considering a) he was weakened by his transition through that portal and b) he was merely brawling Hulk.

Well maybe he should have called in the SS, because Norin has a habit of making Savage Hulk his b|tch :
http://s21.postimg.org/50mcrpo83/noonehashadthepowerofthesilversurfer.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/pjqfo9gwz/ images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_QDv_Hwjplev_J1v5x_DULc6_KRVG_
fe_7.jpg

That fight wasn't on Earth... And he wasn't WWH at the time he was a weakened HULK... He blatantly stated he was much weaker and his HF was much slower on the alien planet. Once he got to Earth he was EXTREMELY amped. NOT the same animal sorry.

NEXT...

Insane Titan
Surfer was virtually powerless then and he matched Hulk

Tony Stark
Surfer was virtually powerless then and he matched Hulk

A much weaker than normal HULK on that alien planet.

Insane Titan
And so was Surfer and Hulk needed the warbounds aid

Tony Stark
And so was Surfer and Hulk needed the warbounds aid

I don't remember SS's PC being weakened... I'd have to see that again.

vince_slice
Surfer was weakened too, and also couldn't access his power cosmic.

Insane Titan
I don't remember SS's PC being weakened... I'd have to see that again. it was stated in the comic the wormhole weakened him had he couldn't use his power cosmic untill the slave disc was destroyed

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
Surfer was weakened too, and also couldn't access his power cosmic.
Surfer was weakened but he was longer on that planet and had time to heal. The discs prevented him from accessing PC, not that he didn't have it. It ended with hulk KTFO surfer, so meh.

Thanos wins anyway.

Insane Titan
After been helped by the warbounds so yeah

janus77
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer was weakened but he was longer on that planet and had time to heal. The discs prevented him from accessing PC, not that he didn't have it. It ended with hulk KTFO surfer, so meh.

Thanos wins anyway.
Surfer was cut off from the Power Cosmic, whatever he had was what was stored prior to being KOed by the wormhole.

He was physically dominating the warbound and Hulk would have had a long and hard fight to subdue Surfer if not for the destruction of the obedience disc.

I never got why a fully rational Green Scar who even at his most enraged pulls his punches, was made to KO Surfer after the disc broke. It's not as if Hulk doesn't have full control over himself when angry. Just seemed a pointless act to give a hollow "victory" over Surfer.

Still, Surfer usually fights Hulk with more appetite and guile than he does any other Earthbound superheroes.

abhilegend
After been helped by the warbounds so yeah
Warbounds didn't do anything to surfer. It was all hulk.

janus77
Warbounds didn't do anything to surfer. It was all hulk.
Correction, Warbound couldn't do a thing to Surfer, the only challenge was Green Scar.

They attacked, they got humbled, they got scared, they said their last rites and thought on their impending demise but Hulk broke Surfer's OB disc and saved them all (from Surfer).

carver9
it was stated in the comic the wormhole weakened him had he couldn't use his power cosmic untill the slave disc was destroyed

The same Worm hole that Hulk tanked.?

janus77
Originally posted by carver9
The same Worm hole that Hulk tanked.?
Yep, that was pointed out too.

Still, doesn't change the fact that Surfer was cut off from the Power Cosmic and so was relying on whatever stores he had before entering the worm hole.

It was a low-end Surfer on planet Sakaar, facing off against a weakened but still powerful Hulk.

carver9
Yep, that was pointed out too.

Still, doesn't change the fact that Surfer was cut off from the Power Cosmic and so was relying on whatever stores he had before entering the worm hole.

It was a low-end Surfer on planet Sakaar, facing off against a weakened but still powerful Hulk.

Both were weakened but I think Hulk was more weakened since the disk was on him at a longer time AND Hulk battled throughout the time be suffered from the disk. His healing factor was near depletion as well and he couldn't amp. Take those abilities away from Hulk and the character is ruined.

abhilegend
Surfer was cut off from the Power Cosmic, whatever he had was what was stored prior to being KOed by the wormhole.

He was physically dominating the warbound and Hulk would have had a long and hard fight to subdue Surfer if not for the destruction of the obedience disc.

I never got why a fully rational Green Scar who even at his most enraged pulls his punches, was made to KO Surfer after the disc broke. It's not as if Hulk doesn't have full control over himself when angry. Just seemed a pointless act to give a hollow "victory" over Surfer.

Still, Surfer usually fights Hulk with more appetite and guile than he does any other Earthbound superheroes.
No. He still had PC albeit weakened than usual but he couldn't access it. Surfer was KTFO when he entered the portal, hulk wasn't.

You know that with the destruction of the disc, surfer had access to his PC and then Hulk KTFO him, right?

abhilegend
Correction, Warbound couldn't do a thing to Surfer, the only challenge was Green Scar.

They attacked, they got humbled, they got scared, they said their last rites and thought on their impending demise but Hulk broke Surfer's OB disc and saved them all (from Surfer).
Dominating some weakened members of warbound is epitome of meh.

janus77
Both were weakened but I think Hulk was more weakened since the disk was on him at a longer time AND Hulk battled throughout the time be suffered from the disk. His healing factor was near depletion as well and he couldn't amp. Take those abilities away from Hulk and the character is ruined.
I don't know about Hulk being more weakened, but yes Hulk was weakened quite a bit too. He could take damage from ordinary attacks, he was often surprised at how vulnerable he was.

Hulk could still amp though, but slower than normal, remember how he held the planet together or how he jumped from the moon to the planet? When he first landed he wasn't anywhere near that powerful.

Still, they have very different mechanisms for powering themselves up/replenishing themselves.

Surfer uses ambient PC, within the universe, and without it he begins to weaken and drain his reserves.

Hulk gets powered by an alt dimension and he grows stronger the more he fights so ... imo, Surfer was at the bigger disadvantage during their brief fight on Sakaar.

janus77
No. He still had PC albeit weakened than usual but he couldn't access it. Surfer was KTFO when he entered the portal, hulk wasn't.

You know that with the destruction of the disc, surfer had access to his PC and then Hulk KTFO him, right?
No, it explicitly stated that the wormhole to Sakaar blocks off PC.

Remember Sakaar is powered by the "Old Power" a synthetic PC, so it makes sense that they exist in an area of space totally devoid of PC.

Surfer had access to the residual PC within his own body, I said that already. It's just that he normally takes PC from the atmosphere around him and uses that to do his work.

Without an external powersource, he was owning the Warbound with internal reserves only.

Once the OB disc was broken, he went and freed everybody (which itself is a feat of major power), and was caught out by an enraged Hulk that didn't give a shit (very OOC).

carver9
@Janus...

Hulk and Surfer fought again after the fight on Sakaar and Hulk walked through Surfer power cosmic. A fight between a full powered Hulk and Surfer, I don't think it would go well for Surfer.

Branlor Swift
@Janus...

Hulk and Surfer fought again after the fight on Sakaar and Hulk walked through Surfer power cosmic. A fight between a full powered Hulk and Surfer, I don't think it would go well for Surfer. How sure are you that that was Hulk Carv?

janus77
@Janus...

Hulk and Surfer fought again after the fight on Sakaar and Hulk walked through Surfer power cosmic. A fight between a full powered Hulk and Surfer, I don't think it would go well for Surfer.
When was that?

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
How sure are you that that was Hulk Carv?

Do you know what scene I am talking about? If so, do you have the scan (I can get it if you don't have it)?

abhilegend
No, it explicitly stated that the wormhole to Sakaar blocks off PC.

Remember Sakaar is powered by the "Old Power" a synthetic PC, so it makes sense that they exist in an area of space totally devoid of PC.

Surfer had access to the residual PC within his own body, I said that already. It's just that he normally takes PC from the atmosphere around him and uses that to do his work.

Without an external powersource, he was owning the Warbound with internal reserves only.

Once the OB disc was broken, he went and freed everybody (which itself is a feat of major power), and was caught out by an enraged Hulk that didn't give a shit (very OOC).
It was a life force draining portal. It didn't block PC.

Old power isn't synthesized PC. Who said such a thing?

No. He was already healing when he was awakened. He was more powerful than when he landed on sakaar, that's for sure. When he landed, he was so drained that he was KTFO.

If he was just as powerful as he was when he crossed the portal, he wouldn't even have been conscious in that fight.

carver9
When was that?

If Bran doesn't have the scan, I will find it. It was during the time Hulk was trying to get to Skaar and Skaar was using a weapon to control Surfer. Surfer PC blast Hulk and Hulk powers through it like it was nothing.

abhilegend
@Janus...

laughing out loud

You haven't read the comic, have you?

Branlor Swift
Do you know what scene I am talking about? If so, do you have the scan (I can get it if you don't have it)? It was Caiera who was basically the entire planet at the time.

And I don't want to get the scans, no

abhilegend
If Bran doesn't have the scan, I will find it. It was during the time Hulk was trying to get to Skaar and Skaar was using a weapon to control Surfer. Surfer PC blast Hulk and Hulk powers through it like it was nothing.
Last chance to bail out before bran explodes your monitor with scans carv.

carver9
Last chance to bail out before bran explodes your monitor with scans carv.

I'm bailing out. I haven't read that comic, only seen it posted on comicvine and LOL at the explode comment. Are you really going to continue with that?

carver9
It was Caiera who was basically the entire planet at the time.

And I don't want to get the scans, no

Gotcha.

abhilegend
Here is the exploding scan carver

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Skaar_9_016.jpg

carver9
Here is the exploding scan carver

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Skaar_9_016.jpg

Hahahahahahaha... laughing out loud laughing out loud

I literally screamed out laughing.

abhilegend
I'm bailing out. I haven't read that comic, only seen it posted on comicvine and LOL at the explode comment. Are you really going to continue with that?
You still go to comicvine? Of course, exploding scans is fun.

abhilegend
Hahahahahahaha... laughing out loud laughing out loud

I literally screamed out laughing.
Shhhhh........

You will wake your grandma. She might hear you from her basement. And that is your answer if surfer was ever knocked out after his "upgrade".

carver9
You still go to comicvine? Of course, exploding scans is fun.

Yeah...I don't get along with Citizenbane so I have to put him in his place sometimes.

carver9
Shhhhh........

You will wake your grandma. She might hear you from her basement.

laughing out loud

F.U ABHI.

janus77
It was a life force draining portal. It didn't block PC.

Old power isn't synthesized PC. Who said such a thing?

No. He was already healing when he was awakened. He was more powerful than when he landed on sakaar, that's for sure. When he landed, he was so drained that he was KTFO.

If he was just as powerful as he was when he crossed the portal, he wouldn't even have been conscious in that fight.
It blocked PC as Surfer himself stated when he got back into regular space.

The whole arc around Galactus consuming Sakaar gives the backstory of how Old Power came to be, what it is (a synthetic Power Cosmic) and why it is a corrupt form of energy.

abhilegend
Yeah...I don't get along with Citizenbane so I have to put him in his place sometimes.
That is fun indeed. I went to comicvine once too, fully owned him and it was immensely satisfying.Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

F.U ABHI.
evillaughOriginally posted by janus77
It blocked PC as Surfer himself stated when he got back into regular space.

The whole arc around Galactus consuming Sakaar gives the backstory of how Old Power came to be, what it is (a synthetic Power Cosmic) and why it is a corrupt form of energy.
Nah, it wasn't blocked from surfer. He couldn't just access it.

Have you even read the story?

Branlor Swift
Gotcha. Actually, I'll spell it out without getting into sequences:
And with exploding scans
http://i39.tinypic.com/28s3tr7.jpg

And this is the type of power the planet had, that potentially she could wield:

http://i42.tinypic.com/29pq6oo.jpg

zopzop
Actually, I'll spell it out without getting into sequences:
And with exploding scans
http://i39.tinypic.com/28s3tr7.jpg

And this is the type of power the planet had, that potentially she could wield:

http://i42.tinypic.com/29pq6oo.jpg
Wait a few questions :
Did Galactus wind up consuming the planet and the Old Force or whatever it's called?
If so, why wasn't he satiated for 100k years?

Branlor Swift
Skaar addicted him to the Old power which somehow made him lose the actual power when he stopped being addicted to Old Power worlds. We also ignore all the other OP worlds he ate

All in all, I think the best answer is Pak

zopzop
Skaar addicted him to the Old power which somehow made him lose the actual power when he stopped being addicted to Old Power worlds. We also ignore all the other OP worlds he ate

All in all, I think the best answer is Pak
confused
Wow. Man, Marvel needs to get their sh|t together.

Branlor Swift
confused
Wow. Man, Marvel needs to get their sh|t together. he wasn't ever damaged, just addicted. Which doesn't make any sense either...

But yeah, it's stupid as hell. And Pak is generally awful

carver9
Don't know why you posted that scan, I agreed with you from the getgo. Also, she always had access to the old power and Hulk at his weakest defeated her, with ease. Hulk has always been more powerful than her, so I see no reason for you to point out her power level.

-Pr-
Ugh, is that Caiera thing canon?

janus77
The whole Old Power saga is cannon. Even carried over to Hiro-Kala threatening Earth and then Hulk and Skaar killing him.

-Pr-
Balls. She was a better character than to be thrown away like that.

janus77
She was a pretty fantastic character, Pak created a really good set of them and an interesting society on Sakaar. Shame it had to go.

What's weird is that Old Power was stated to be a corrupt synthetic alternative to Power Cosmic, unstable and "an abomination" (according to Hiro-Kala, the most potent user of OP), but Skaar seems to be just fine using OP on Earth, which shouldn't work as Earth (as with most of the 616 MU) is saturated with Power Cosmic.

I think Hulk's notched up the most dead wives in comics. It's ****ing remarkable that Betty's still alive.

Oh wait, she's back from the dead ...

-Pr-
I think Kyle Rayner still has the highest mortality rate.

ODG
^ Wolverine.

janus77
Don't know much about his love 'life', but just occurred to me that almost every female Hulk (or Banner) marries, either dies or is undead.

I think Umar might be the only one not to have died.

janus77
We should really compile numbers, this might be of use to single, hot females in DC and Marvel U...

Branlor Swift
Don't know why you posted that scan, I agreed with you from the getgo. Also, she always had access to the old power and Hulk at his weakest defeated her, with ease. Hulk has always been more powerful than her, so I see no reason for you to point out her power level. And she seemed way more powerful as basically pure oldpower than her physical form.
She has absolutely nothing to even pretend she could do that to Surfer pre death. Hell, she tore a massive piece out of the Red King like she was tearing paper and it took Hulk getting pretty pissed to destroy him. She was able to form from the planet, and go back into it. Hell, she opened up a wormhole to Earth and blasted Skaar through it. Which was alluded as being along the same lines as the "Great Portal"

Oh really, Hulk easily defeated her... at his weakest? This is their fight when Hulk was continually getting stronger:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IncredibleHulk98-014.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IncredibleHulk98-015.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IncredibleHulk98-016.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IncredibleHulk98-017.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IncredibleHulk98-018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IncredibleHulk98-019.jpg

She was powerful no doubt, but not near the level to shrug off two cheapshots from Surfer and then effortlessly smash him down, stunning him in the process even if he was weakened.

carver9
@Bran...

Lol...I still don't get your point. Hulk was more powerful than her, not more versatile. This was proven when Hulk tanked a bomb that killed her (and nearly split the planet in half.

There was nothing stated after her resurrection that she received some type of amp. She was the same person and she mimicked Hulk for a reason, not because he was her first love, she mimicked him because he is more powerful than her, people feared his power level. Its ok Bran...she tanked Surfer attack while pretending to be someone that is more powerful than her (which was proven when Hulk tanked a bomb that killed her).

Again, I agreed with you from the get go, don't know why you posted the scans.

Branlor Swift
@Bran...

Lol...I still don't get your point. Hulk was more powerful than her, not more versatile. This was proven when Hulk tanked a bomb that killed her (and nearly split the planet in half.

There was nothing stated after her resurrection that she received some type of amp. She was the same person and she mimicked Hulk for a reason, not because he was her first love, she mimicked him because he is more powerful than her, people feared his power level. Its ok Bran...she tanked Surfer attack while pretending to be someone that is more powerful than her (which was proven when Hulk tanked a bomb that killed her).

Again, I agreed with you from the get go, don't know why you posted the scans.

You know exactly what my point is, don't play stupid be carver.

You're trying to lowball Surfer because the Hulk can easily walk through his blast and smash him down. But wait, you were wrong, the Hulk didn't do that. So now that you found out it's Caeira this feat must be attributed to the Hulk too because the Hulk easily defeated her... but he didn't. You literally don't even know what happened in the issues, yet you think sticking to a point raised within the issues is in your favor?

That's horseshit.

Anyway, Skaar was shifting the tectonic plates of Earth.
http://i40.tinypic.com/xgds3k.jpg

How did Caeira feel about that when she alive?
http://i44.tinypic.com/2vneyl5.jpg

Oh shit, she just lies over and accepts death. And since you clearly read the issues, I shouldn't have to tell you that Caeira was treating Skaar like a child when she was dead.

And I'm not arguing her versatility, I'm saying she was blatantly doing things that should have been out of her power before. Raising a shit ton of stone ships while throwing huge rocks at Galactus? She opened a portal from Skaar to Earth where it took the entire council to open up the "Great Portal". She was blatantly forming all over the place like she was part of the planet... which would have helped a little when she died you think?

She showed more power than she did when she was alive. She showed powers that would have saved her from dying. She tanked Surfer's cheapshots while she died while Hulk was shielding her with his body.

Or are we of the opinion that she can easily tank Surfer's blows, but Hulk would easily withstand something that kills her? And really, I think that's actually your whole point. Hulk is so far above Surfer that Surfer shouldn't even be able to tickle him.
If she wasn't amped, then it's absolutely retarded writing, simply put.

But let's do some carving into this feat and put it in the words of a master butcher.
Thing can damage WWH.
Seconds before WWH Hulk can tank a bomb that kills Caeira even though she's being shielded by Hulk.
Caeira can tank Surfer

Which makes Thing > Bomb > Surfer

Carving good logic if I do say so myself

Also lol at you stating why she took his form. I realize you probably think that wasn't explained, but sur****ingprise it was!
http://i40.tinypic.com/245gill.jpg

Also, stop acting like scans weren't needed. You have been blatantly wrong, which is why the scans were posted in the first place. And you really haven't agreed with me either, like at all.

TheGodKiller
Didn't Hulk absorb the radiation released from that bomb or some such sh1t? I thought that was the reason why he survived while most of the ordinary Sakaarians perished: because his body was able to leech off the energy which was lethal to the Oldstrong weirdos.

Anyone want to clarify?

TheGodKiller
Wait a few questions :
Did Galactus wind up consuming the planet and the Old Force or whatever it's called?
If so, why wasn't he satiated for 100k years?
It was highly addictive in nature, and then Hiro-Kala poisoned him with a corrupted combination of natural PC and the Old Power, that was filled with the pain of "billions of souls".

Basically speaking, Galactus overdosed on the cosmic equivalent of the type of crack cocaine that has been tainted with sh1tty adulterants like chilli powder or rat poison. If you're a dope junkie, then you probably get the gist of what I am trying to say here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You know exactly what my point is, don't play stupid be carver.

You're trying to lowball Surfer because the Hulk can easily walk through his blast and smash him down. But wait, you were wrong, the Hulk didn't do that. So now that you found out it's Caeira this feat must be attributed to the Hulk too because the Hulk easily defeated her... but he didn't. You literally don't even know what happened in the issues, yet you think sticking to a point raised within the issues is in your favor?

That's horseshit.

Anyway, Skaar was shifting the tectonic plates of Earth.
http://i40.tinypic.com/xgds3k.jpg

How did Caeira feel about that when she alive?
http://i44.tinypic.com/2vneyl5.jpg

Oh shit, she just lies over and accepts death. And since you clearly read the issues, I shouldn't have to tell you that Caeira was treating Skaar like a child when she was dead.

And I'm not arguing her versatility, I'm saying she was blatantly doing things that should have been out of her power before. Raising a shit ton of stone ships while throwing huge rocks at Galactus? She opened a portal from Skaar to Earth where it took the entire council to open up the "Great Portal". She was blatantly forming all over the place like she was part of the planet... which would have helped a little when she died you think?

She showed more power than she did when she was alive. She showed powers that would have saved her from dying. She tanked Surfer's cheapshots while she died while Hulk was shielding her with his body.

Or are we of the opinion that she can easily tank Surfer's blows, but Hulk would easily withstand something that kills her? And really, I think that's actually your whole point. Hulk is so far above Surfer that Surfer shouldn't even be able to tickle him.
If she wasn't amped, then it's absolutely retarded writing, simply put.

But let's do some carving into this feat and put it in the words of a master butcher.
Thing can damage WWH.
Seconds before WWH Hulk can tank a bomb that kills Caeira even though she's being shielded by Hulk.
Caeira can tank Surfer

Which makes Thing > Bomb > Surfer

Carving good logic if I do say so myself

Also lol at you stating why she took his form. I realize you probably think that wasn't explained, but sur****ingprise it was!
http://i40.tinypic.com/245gill.jpg

Also, stop acting like scans weren't needed. You have been blatantly wrong, which is why the scans were posted in the first place. And you really haven't agreed with me either, like at all.

I'm not arguing about Carver being Carver but the Thing comparison is faulty imho.

This Hulk was easier to draw blood from due to a trade off (Retarded healing factor for indestructible skin) but when it came to energy, he was still just as tough if not tougher.

For example, the Storm/Human Torch attack was obviously far more powerful than Thing's punch but he came out of it without a scratch. Just saying is all.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Didn't Hulk absorb the radiation released from that bomb or some such sh1t? I thought that was the reason why he survived while most of the ordinary Sakaarians perished: because his body was able to leech off the energy which was lethal to the Oldstrong weirdos.

Anyone want to clarify?
Yes.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not arguing about Carver being Carver but the Thing comparison is faulty imho.

This Hulk was easier to draw blood from due to a trade off (Retarded healing factor for indestructible skin) but when it came to energy, he was still just as tough if not tougher.

For example, the Storm/Human Torch attack was obviously far more powerful than Thing's punch but he came out of it without a scratch. Just saying is all. I literally just said I was using carver logic. Learn to read

But anyway, h1 logic aside, I'd assume Surfer's attacks would had had a dramatically greater effect than a punch from Thing on WWH. Which going by carver's allusions shouldn't happen seeing as the vastly inferior Caeira can shrug Surfer off while she dies from a bomb Hulk tanked.
True carver story

carver9
I literally just said I was using carver logic. Learn to read

But anyway, h1 logic aside, I'd assume Surfer's attacks would had had a dramatically greater effect than a punch from Thing on WWH. Which going by carver's allusions shouldn't happen seeing as the vastly inferior Caeira can shrug Surfer off while she dies from a bomb Hulk tanked.
True carver story

You twisted everything I've said but whatever.

Branlor Swift
You twisted everything I've said but whatever. I only subscribed to your school of thought when I said I was going to turn into a carver.

Unless you really think your intentions were that well hidden... especially when you admitted it right off the bat.
You know the whole Hulk beating Surfer even though it wasn't Hulk, which turned into Hulk beating Caeira easily... even though...

But yeah, simply put, this showing doesn't fit into Hulk's especially when Caeiea is doing shit that she presumedly wouldn't have been able to do before hand. Hell she later burned off half of Hiro's face with a touch and that guy was a monster at that point in time.

Although Thanos still wins easily

ODG
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Anyone want to clarify? No, not that I recall. He just survived because he was Hulk. And the rage he felt watching his city, wife and unborn child (thought to be dead) be incinerated was what amped him. The energy itself wasn't anything special, it was just the Illuminati ship's warpcore exploding.

Branlor Swift
I don't remember anything special about him surviving either

And that was before he actually got the WWH 'amp' albeit seconds before. Romita would have made him a bloody mess though

carver9
I only subscribed to your school of thought when I said I was going to turn into a carver.

Unless you really think your intentions were that well hidden... especially when you admitted it right off the bat.
You know the whole Hulk beating Surfer even though it wasn't Hulk, which turned into Hulk beating Caeira easily... even though...

But yeah, simply put, this showing doesn't fit into Hulk's especially when Caeiea is doing shit that she presumedly wouldn't have been able to do before hand. Hell she later burned off half of Hiro's face with a touch and that guy was a monster at that point in time.

Although Thanos still wins easily

I conceded a while back before you posted the scan but you went ahead and did it anyways. I still don't get your point since again, Hulk was more powerful than her. There's no way to dodge this. She didn't receive any special type of amp towards her durability when she came back which again proves, Hulk>>>her since she died from something that pissed him off.

Like I've told you before, I'm not disputing her versatility which is something you keep bringing up. Let me win this...DANG.

Branlor Swift
I conceded a while back before you posted the scan but you went ahead and did it anyways. I still don't get your point since again, Hulk was more powerful than her. There's no way to dodge this. She didn't receive any special type of amp towards her durability when she came back which again proves, Hulk>>>her since she died from something that pissed him off.

Like I've told you before, I'm not disputing her versatility which is something you keep bringing up. Let me win this...DANG. Yet you keep arguing the main issue... Like not even hints, just blatantly disagreeing while masking it with 'concession'

You didn't even read a word I said for the second part, like not even a "the"

Let's carve to the chase though. Do you think Hulk could have treated Surfer just as easily prior to his WWH upgrade?

carver9
Yet you keep arguing the main issue... Like not even hints, just blatantly disagreeing while masking it with 'concession'

You didn't even read a word I said for the second part, like not even a "the"

Let's carve to the chase though. Do you think Hulk could have treated Surfer just as easily prior to his WWH upgrade?

No, I don't but I think WWH could repeat what Ciara did since its common knowledge that he is more powerful.

I didn't respond to your post because theres no need since I agreed with majority of the stuff you said a long tome ago. The only thing we are in disagreement of is Hulk being>>Ciara.

Branlor Swift
No, I don't but I think WWH could repeat what Ciara did since its common knowledge that he is more powerful.

I didn't respond to your post because theres no need since I agreed with majority of the stuff you said a long tome ago. The only thing we are in disagreement of is Hulk being>>Ciara. So basically you disagree with everything I said, and Hulk should be able to do this based on "Ciara" doing it? Also WWH wasn't the one who tanked said blast. WWH wasn't the one who fought her. By all accounts you're basing this entirely on pre WWH

I'm glad we only disagree on one issue... Which is what all of my posts have been about.

Like... Do you not understand the issue here?

So you believe (and this is something you brought up yourself) that "Ciara" can utterly no sell Surfer. And Hulk can utterly no sell something that kills "Ciara".
Where does this leave Surfer in relation to the Hulk? We assume that Hulk can simply tank Surfer based on "Ciara" who showed superior powers to her life form doing it? Do we ignore the numerous scenes of Surfer injuring Hulk and outright koing him in the process? Do we ignore Hulk never in his wildest dreams treating Surfer that way?
No apparently Hulk is able to just walk straight through Surfer because of the time he did before... I mean "Ciara" did who Hulk beat easily... I mean she took Hulk's form because he was stronger than her... I mean I mean I mean.

You can barely stumble to what you think happened in the actual comic. All your mind focuses on is "Well goooooolllly. This sho be all da proof I need rite mere to say Huggles > Silver Surfy"

But we should ignore her creating wormholes by herself and blasting Skaar through it. Burning Hiro. Tanking Surfer when she and Hulk previously pretty much one shotted each other. Lifting huge ships against iirc Galactus' interference. Creating an ultra hard construct of Hulk as a suit when she was only previously shown to be able to do that with her skin. Reform wherever she wants, etc.
Because clearly non of those have to do with power, nope all versatility. And clearly non of those wouldn't have came in handy when she you know, died. She gained nothing in death. Same exact character. Although now I'm curious how her Hulk suit would fare against the bomb admittedly.

And no, I'm not saying she became more powerful than Hulk or anything, I'm saying she became more powerful independent of Hulk and I don't think there's a scale to measure them between each other afterwards. And what I'm really saying is that it's butt ****ing retarded to use as a showcase for what Hulk could do against Surfer.

And this is ignoring that SS had the obedience disk on

Branlor Swift
Also, Thanos wi

Complete my sentence Carver, I know you want to. This thread will be a hoot if Thor even does moderately well against the severely amped pissed off Sentry though I'll tell you that much.

Couple more weeks to see if I can ABC you back

celeyhyga17
Also, Thanos wi

Complete my sentence Carver, I know you want to. This thread will be a hoot if Thor even does moderately well against the severely amped pissed off Sentry though I'll tell you that much.

Couple more weeks to see if I can ABC you back
Carver wins you bully!
http://memecrunch.com/meme/3Y99/anti-bully-t-shirt-theme/image.png

Estacado
Lulz Thanos whoops Bob so badly he prefers to stay dead.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
No, not that I recall. He just survived because he was Hulk. And the rage he felt watching his city, wife and unborn child (thought to be dead) be incinerated was what amped him. The energy itself wasn't anything special, it was just the Illuminati ship's warpcore exploding.
Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.