Batman vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fwab
Who would win in a fight? Batman or Gambit?

Catch 22
Rogue!!!!

Tex
Whoose Gambut?

Catch 22
He's one of the X-Men...

Real name Remy LeBeau, his ability uses a pack of cards as weapons. Guess you have to be a fan of XMen.

Augeybana
Actually he's power is to touch an object with he's hand and is able to let it explode after touching it hince a pack of cards is what he uses as a weapon.

But Batman would win he kick@$$.

Catch 22
Is it? Kewl! Never been a big fan of the frenchi anyhow. Got his name from my big, bumper book of XMen. big grin

Aren't the cards a throw back to his rough past and a love of gambling, hense the name Gambit?

Sünden
Gambit rocks... but, we're talking about Batman here. Batman ALWAYS wins simply because he's such a great character.

Mujaffa
gambit would have won

Corran
I believe it to be something like that, buit Batman would definately whoop his ass.

Augeybana
Yeah Batman can also kick Superman @$$.

Darth Vicious
Batman wins and frankly theres only a handful of people that can beat Batman Superman NOT included, give him the time and hell find anybodys weakness, as he did in the JLA comic book.

Augeybana
Yeah and Batman is too good to be beaten.

GordonSkywalker
I voted for Batman because he is the best.

BlackScorpion
I voted for Gambit cus.. well stay real here people, Batman is just a human who used tricks and tools. Gambit doesn't need tools, he's a mutant, he can charge up anything he wants!

Plus.. Gambit is far more cute than stupid nitwitted Batman *drools all over Gambit and runs from the Batman fanatics*

GordonSkywalker
So if Gambit had no powers would he still be able to beat Batman?

BlackScorpion
Yes, because he far more smart than Batman. But ofcourse if Batman wouldn't use his tools either okay? Look Batman would just start kicking and knocking, just tiring himself out. While Gambit wouldn't even have any problem dodging the blows and just need one good blow when he is still in topcondition and Batman already tired himself out.

GordonSkywalker
Fair enough but my money is still on Batman.

BlackScorpion
Mine (and myself) are on Gambit wink

GordonSkywalker
So does Gambit have any sidekicks that could take out Robin or Nightwing?

BlackScorpion
*lifts up a brow* haven't you ever met Cyclops, Wolverine or Storm?

GordonSkywalker
I thought they were fellow crimefighters and not actually 'sidekicks' in the same category as Robin?

BlackScorpion
Indeed, but Gambit doesn't need a sidekick stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
{Here I am! You got here ahead of me I see...} So Gambit could take on both Batman and Robin and win?

BlackScorpion
Well yes I do think so. Come on say so yourself, put Gambit in a room together with Batman and Robin. Let them just wear their clothes and nothing else. Who will win do you think?

Gambit just takes of his jacket, charges it up and throws it at them. Byebye Batman and Robin. No?

GordonSkywalker
Agreed, your logic is flawless.

BlackScorpion
So? Who would win? wink

GordonSkywalker
{Gambit}

Augeybana
Sorry buddy but Batman.

BlackScorpion
And why do you think Batman Augeybana, haven't you read what I just typed in, the whole thingy about charging up his cloak and Batman not having anything? Just think about it, Batman needs to lean upon all his little tools to win anything, take them away from him and he is nothing! And well you can't exactly take Gambit's powers away now can you? He has them with him everywhere and always.

GordonSkywalker
{A woman's wrath augey you are in for it now! Just say Gambit like I did and maybe she will be merciful.}

BlackScorpion
*blinks* No but really, tell me honestly, what is Batman without his tools? Nothing, right?

Augeybana
still he got that not like superman has in a way style and he's vegence can't be beat even by Gambit.

BlackScorpion
*lifts up a brow again* Euh vegance doesn't do a single thing you know, it is you yourself who uses vengance to drive him/her further and plot things. But Vengance on it's own doesn't do a thing, or you should be talking about a person called Vengance wink

So.. tell me honestly, who will win?

GordonSkywalker
Under these circumstances the answer can only be....Gambit.

Augeybana
I'm telling you Batamn too good to be beat if were talking about the Geroge Clooney Character then yes but if you get Micheal Keaton character then Gambit would not lat ten seconds against Batman.

BlackScorpion
Pardon me Augey, but look once again, put them both in one room both without tools. Batman might be a dumb stong person, but Gambit just takes his shoe or jacket or whatever and charges it up and throws it at Batman. Byebye birdie and look who's still standing up as the only one, even without a speck of dust? Gambit ofcourse!

Augeybana
Gambit is a dumb guy that's all Batman as you should know if you seen him can get himself out of any situation.All he needs he's fist before Gambit has the time too charge anything and punch that fools lights out.C'mon he's batman.

GordonSkywalker

Darth Vicious
Nope, putting them in an empty room wouldnt mean anything while true Gambit might use his shoe or whatever u have to keep in mind that he has to hit Batman and BM is trained in pretty much every martial arts style theres is, BM biggest weapon is his mind and Gambit would relay too much on his powers

Augeybana
That true.

GordonSkywalker
Batman would win in any fight with this Gambit guy. Regardless what Black Scorpion says!

Augeybana
Yeah.

BlackScorpion

Augeybana
No way that will happen batman is too smart for that he's Batman.He can kick even superman @$$.

BlackScorpion
HA you just don't dare to see it through, BM can't win from Gambit even if he were 100 years old!

Augeybana
No ha back!!!Can't mess with BM he too good for the likes of gambit to even fight him Gambit just a lady chaser that can make things go Boom!!!That's it Batman would kick Gambit @$$ like Gambit owned him money.

GordonSkywalker
The Augman is right. Gambit may have certain...powers but in the end it would be more of a physcial match and Batman would be the victor in any such contest. They don't call him the Dark Knight for nothing.

Augeybana
Yeah.

GordonSkywalker
The Batman is the toughest of most if not all of these more modern characters like X-Men and Avengers. He is the best part of the current Justice League animated series along with watching Superman.

Augeybana
yeah he's the best out of that team and an Internatinanl Icon.

GordonSkywalker
So we are in agreement that Batman could take Gambit which was the purpose of this topic. To get us debating between these two I mean.

Augeybana
Yeah who thinks differ BS.

BlackScorpion
I still trust my life fully in the hands of Gambit above those of BM, in any situation Gambit would be able to save my life while BM would just.. well run away!

(slow reaction I know but gimme some slack, I've been sick!)

Augeybana
No.No.No Batman since he was a boy been trained to fight those who are special without he's weapons Batman is still a lethal person Gambit without he's powers is useless.

GordonSkywalker
I agree. If it came down to a physical fight and you stripped Gambit of all his nifty party tricks-then Batman would win every time. And then some.

Augeybana
I like Marvel characters better then DC but when it comes to this certain fight Batman statics speack for themselves.

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/batman/batman.html

BlackScorpion

Augeybana
BS look at what nBatman been though he's training to help him in those situations.Gambit dosen't have the fighting abilities and just because he has the power to throw exploding things Batman will be able to knock him out before he's to throw anything look at the site at my last post it speaks for it self.

GordonSkywalker
||Augey I think someone here is taking this whole thing too seriously...and it ain't you or me....|

Augeybana
Yep but this thread will be settle soon or later.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah and if we are lucky the mods will close it down after 100 posts.

Augeybana
Well me and BS got 30 more post to figure who's the best.

BlackScorpion
You actually count posts? *rolls eyes* okay I thought I had too much free time! (Okay actually I don't think I've got too much free time, in fact I think I have far too less. I mean, look at it, I come home from work around 6pm and therefor don't have enough time to do anything! *sobs*)

Anyhow about the Gambit vs BM thingy: you know I'm right stick out tongue

Augeybana
Well with this post I make time you know I'm right, all that has to be said on Gambit part is he can blow crap up don't worry BS we all are wrong sometimes in life stick out tongue Thats okay.

BlackScorpion
*rolls eyes* you said it yourself you try to win time only cus you know you can't win in this discussion. Gambit can indeed 'only' blow up crap, crap meaning BM stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
No I disagree. Batman is cool and can take him if he really wants to. And do not say my friend is wrong. This is a matter of preference so there is no right or wrong answer as to who would beat who.

Augeybana
*rolls eyes* BS you think I can't win this discussion you had not made one good point to who will win in this fight.So this isn't an discussion because two people should have two points I guess where the only ones GS that have a point sorry BS but it's okay there's other threads you can waste with your posts. stick out tongue stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Batman Batman and Batman!!!

Augeybana
Yeah were's BS

GordonSkywalker
Don't know. Heard she was sick a while ago. At least we got this thread for ourselves now. Batman always win no matter who his opponent may be. He has beaten The Joker, The Riddler, Poison Ivy and Two Face. And that is just in the movies.

Augeybana
Yeah and those are some bad @$$ bad guys.

Metroplex
Well actually in the comic book Batman lost against Bane. He got his back broken and a new Batman had to take his palce

Metroplex
I think that Gambit would win. Batman relies too much on his utility belt. All Gambit needs to do is to steal it or charge it and blow it up

Augeybana
No but every loses a fight sometime but everyone thinks batman is only powerful and great from he's utility belt but all of he's fighting skills hardly can be beat,gambit can only blow things up again while charging Gambit would be knocked out plain and simple.

MaverickIce
Well as a peaceful bystander I would like to say even though Batman has much more style than Gambit (please don't shoot, stab, etc. me) Gambit would PROBALY win. (it depends on who's making the story smile ) Fellow X-men and Batman friends consider this. When put into the same room to fight (without weapons for Batman and that pole for Gambit) Batman still has to deal with Gambit's mutant power. Also that is not Gambits only weapon, he too is also a skilled fighter (though probaly not on the scale of BM) On the other hand Batman may be able to dodge projectiles thrown by gambit and then come it for the knockout. But hey, like I said before, it depends on whose making the story for anyone can beat anyone with the adavantage of the favored story team.... Execpt people like Jedi, because they can kick both their asses at the same time, but lets not get into that now....
Love and Peace from Maverick Ice

Augeybana
I think you said the best anwser MI well done.You shut me up.

Darth Vicious
Batman could win with his eyes close and also he doesnt relie on his utility belt all the time, he has mastered various styles of martial arts as well as different styles of fighting and while Gambit as much as i like him is a good fighter doesnt stand a chance in a 1 on 1 fight and his powers is what give him his edge but Batman is just too good and while i agree that it may come down to the writer from a logical standpoint Batman is a far more advanced fighter than Gambit i mean Batman has taken out Superman and Captain America, Gambit could never defeat guys that powerful, Batans biggest weapon is NOT his utility belt its his mind!

Kyle Raynar
No without powers batman would kick massive ass
A)he's fought so many people that are stronger than gambit it'll be a joke
B) Gambit is so dependent on his powers he won't have a leg to stand on

KidRock
If it was a flat out fist fight no powers no tools no tricks a regular street fight then BatMan would take Gambits sorry butt to school!

MaverickIce
Um....... One little problem...Gambit DOES have powers......
I stick to my belief

Darth Vicious
Even with his powers Batman would beat him, BM is the best strategist and fighter there is

MaverickIce
When I said I will stick to my belief, I meant that I think that it would be up in the air because they are pretty even matched (though BM has a slight adavantage) so it will be decided by the creator of the comic, movie, etc.

BOPRecruit 16
wow, the poll is a tie! 50/50. i chose batman because he's more intelligent, wiser in age, smarter battle sense, sidekicks, and gadgets to prove it. plus, he's stable. gambit's powers are cool and looks are okay, but that's it for greatness of him.

batman
batman got degrees in every subject he is the worlds greatest detective now he has to be very,very,very smart to get that title batman is and will foreverly be smarter

batman
its me again batman nows over 127 forms of martial arts batman would beat the f##k out of gambit with a hand behind his back

DemonicGambit
Gambit doesn't not just have his kinetic powers!!

Powers: Gambit can charge objects with kinetic energy, causing them to explode. He is extremely agile and quick, and well trained in the martial arts. His thoughts are hard to control, and his voice is somewhat hypnotic. His power's true potential, though permanently excised now, is to control all manner of kinetic energy, allowing him to fire energy blasts, defy gravity and effectively exist as energy. As the adopted son of the leader of the Thieves' Guild of New Orleans, Gambit is also, needless to say, a phenomenal thief.

Gambit could soo kick Bat's butt, an' believe me I'm a huge Bat's fan.

Metroplex
He also has really good aim and marksmanship. In his own series, his powers develped and can form a time delayed blast. Ex: he charges an object and that object can blow up at a certain time. Anyay as i said somewhere in the previous posts, Gambit will win. Unless Bats uses his Jet and shoots missiles out of it.

In the comic DC vs Marvel, Gambit was able to breakinto the Batmobile and steal it. laughing out loud

DemonicGambit
Oh yeah I remember that!! He also kicked Nightwings butt, and considering Nightwing is Bat's protege, they are the same. So Gambit is a shoe in to win

Vincent Rendar
gambit, he could make batmans cape exlode...he could make his utility belt explode. in an ultimate xmen issue, he made hammerheads teeth explode!!!! gambit is a bad as, no contest. He'd win.

BOPRecruit 16
what?! gambit beat nightwing?! when did this occur?!

DemonicGambit
When Marvel and DC did a crossover thing. It was cool!!

Tracker
In a word:

Batman

Tracker
Oh there have been a slew of DC Marvel crossovers since the 60's.

Still have yet to read one I like but they are out there.

Visit your local comic book store. A new world awaits. reading

DemonicGambit
Have you read the major one? Where they are each fighting for their universes?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/batman.gif

MaverickIce
I have, it wasn't the greatest (Thor/Wonderwoman picking up his hammer???) but it was a fun read..

DemonicGambit
I thought it was good, but that's only my opinion

Metroplex
close battle so far Gambit is wining.

DemonicGambit
I think Gambit would win!

kofmaster
dude i would put my life in gambits hand and for a very good reason
1) i don't want a stupid batarang to protect me i mean its just cheep plastic
2) its true BM is strong but gambit is far more faster and has experience in arobicts and has exerlent hand to hand combat abillisties even without his powers
3) BM can't even turn his neck because of his mask so he can't see everything around him.
4)by the time BM get his tools out of his belt gambit would have allready attacked
5)it take gambit less then one seccond to charge up a object in his case cards with kenitic energy which has a powerfull and deverstating effect

BM wouldn't have a chance and this is only a few reasons why he wouldn't win against gamebit so i rest my case for now
evil face

SlayerChick1188
oh yes! well said kofmaster!!

Gambit all the way!

kofmaster
laughing by the way nice royalflush SlayerChick1188

SlayerChick1188
Thanks big grin

kofmaster
your welcome wink

Ironman 66
gambit would kill him

DarkCrawler
If Gambit has his powers, Batman should have his utility belt. Otherwise it is just unfair. With his utility belt, Batman could sure win. He has his sleeping gas grenades. Gambit doesn't have a gas mask to protect him. Batman has. In his utility belt Oh, yeah, and he has tear gas grenades. His mask's lenses protect him from that, too. And Gambit doesn't have lenses. Oh, did I mention his normal grenades? They explode in about the same power then Gambit's kinetic cards. Did I mention electric batarangs? Knockout gas? Did I mention that his suit has protection against explosives?

Gambit has his powers that enable him to convert things with kinetic energy, grant him heightened agility, and charm. Batman's willpower would sure be enough to resist the charm. Batman has been trained in acrobatics, and that would be enough to compensate with Gambits agility. His cards would be a small problem, but Batman could dodge them.

Batman wins.

who?-kid
I can't believe this is being discussed. Batman is sooo much better, more dangerous and more experienced than Gambit.

Gambit is overrated. Batman is underrated. Batman wins (easily).

Spiderman_RJ
how batman wins? GAMBIT DOES all he needs to do is using his explosive powers on batman arms so they blow out. after tat what is wayne doing? bite him?

BloomBabyGirl
Batman is too overated. he doesnt have any powers just money. Gambit hands down

DarkCrawler
And how is he going to grab Batman?

who?-kid
Batman can dodge ALL of Gambits attacks until the day after tomorrow (while polishing his batarangs). Gambit is overrated, he can blow stuff up, wow, I'm impressed. Not.

Batman has dealt with much more dangerous people than Gambit.

Punkyhermy
yeah!
batsy wins!
he will win!

vaya_the_elf
Personally I think batman would win.. but it would be a close call

Spiderman_RJ
gambit can blow his precious batmobiles, and as i know(be minded i dont read xcrap for ong ages) he fighting abilites with the metal rod, can make him avoid the batrangs , but as long as batman dont trow gas hes fine. think about this
when the fight get close enough to use the stick, batman will gab the stick away and while head knoking gambit, gambit wil grab batman arms and boom. then gambit teases batman
what u gonna do now?bite me?
and so bruce does witha great bite , before death

BloomBabyGirl
o ya. dangerous, a clown. a penguin, poisin ivy..am i missing any1?

who?-kid

DarkCrawler
Batman is going to beat Gambit senseless.

The Dark Lady
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!This shouldn't even be a disscussion. We all know Batman is better than almost all comic book characters. Yes, This means you Gambit. As BS said if you throw them in a room by themselves Gambit with no weapons (cards included) he would just charge up his jacket. But then isn't it true that Bm can jump out of the way. Then what is he gonna charge up his shirt. Bm can dodge that too. Before you know it he'll be butt naked. Then what his he gonna charge up? His own skin! So, It's settled Batman would definatley win.

- The Dark Kid

Mav

Apolloknight
ninja

Edit: could this also be moved to the vs. Forum by chance?

Mainstream
Batman

Mace Skywalker
This vs. battle is really a waste of time. Crossovers dont coutn for anything. They are written to appease the fans. Gambit is not even considered one of the best martial artisits in the marvel U, nor is he close. He could not beat Batman, thats just how it is. The man is outclassed.

manorastroman
going by feats, gambit would actually probably win. but that's an uphill fight i don't really care to start.

suffice to say, gambit once drew, charged, and fired a card fifty meters with such accuracy that he cut a two millimeter tripwire. all of this happened in about a tenth of a second.

what's to stop gambit from doing the same, and blowing batman to crap before he can even react?

Alfheim
I dont belive you guys i like batman but he loses to Gambit.

chase el
Originally posted by manorastroman
going by feats, gambit would actually probably win. but that's an uphill fight i don't really care to start.

suffice to say, gambit once drew, charged, and fired a card fifty meters with such accuracy that he cut a two millimeter tripwire. all of this happened in about a tenth of a second.

what's to stop gambit from doing the same, and blowing batman to crap before he can even react?

He's BATMAN! Thats what will stop him. He has ultra cool gadgets and stuff! Thats what he does! Hes Batman!!!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Augeybana
Actually he's power is to touch an object with he's hand and is able to let it explode after touching it hince a pack of cards is what he uses as a weapon.

But Batman would win he kick@$$.

Well if you want to get technicall too, he accually kineticly charges non-organic objects and throws them causing them to explode on contact. They pack a huge punch. He is pretty agile too!

As for the fight, Gambit takes it. Unless batman has 1 or 2 days prep. Then batman comes with some new plot device and wins.

http://www.intuitivewebdesigns.com/comics/graphics/xmen/gambit.jpg

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by BlackScorpion
And why do you think Batman Augeybana, haven't you read what I just typed in, the whole thingy about charging up his cloak and Batman not having anything? Just think about it, Batman needs to lean upon all his little tools to win anything, take them away from him and he is nothing! And well you can't exactly take Gambit's powers away now can you? He has them with him everywhere and always. batman isnt just goin to stand there and watch a energy charged up jacket come and take him out. sorry, nice try....!!! LOL, and gambit isnt smarter than batman, that's a laugh. Squirrel, pleaze!!!! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.