Magneto vs Andrew Detmer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Bloodlusted No PIS/CIS
They start the fight 150 feet apart facing each other.
Takes place in a Chinese scrapyard
Who takes this?

Darth Martin
Magneto from both timelines displayed abilities far above anything shown in Chronicle.

KingD19
Magneto can move the metal, but he has no defense against Andrew who can move him.

COG Veteran
Detmer drags Magneto's shattered body thru the rubble of steel before he gets the chance to strike.

FrothByte
Andrew was able to create a shield around his body that enabled him to survive gunfire, explosions, and cars getting thrown at him. IIRC, he was also able to augment his strength with his TK.

Magneto may have more raw power, but he doesn't have shielding capabilities and he can only manipulate metal. One hit from Andrew will KO if not kill Magneto, whereas Andrew has a good chance of surviving whatever Magneto throws at him.

Kazenji
Its bullshit how they haven't let Magneto use shielding powers for the movies.

KingD19
It's Fox. They screwed up a lot lol.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Kazenji
Its bullshit how they haven't let Magneto use shielding powers for the movies.

Quite frankly I'm more irritated that they made him look like a frail old man.

KingD19
In comics he does look like a frail old man. Him actually being the opposite is what makes him so cool.

The Fat Rambo
Power of flight prevails. Faster flight I mean lol.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
In comics he does look like a frail old man. Him actually being the opposite is what makes him so cool.

In comics I remember him looking like this:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110206114530/marveldatabase/images/2/2f/Magneto_Vol_2_1.jpg

He may be old but he certainly doesn't look frail

BloodRain
All the scrap around could be advantageous to Mags.

FrothByte
Originally posted by BloodRain
All the scrap around could be advantageous to Mags.

All the metallic scrap would be advantageous to Mags, but could also be used by Andrew. Plus he can also use all the non-metallic scrap (like that stone statue used to kill him).

BloodRain
He could but this is literally Magneto's element, and when it comes to this he's more powerful and skilful than Andrew.

Any other place and the tables could turn. This should be Mags win.

Lestov16
I am changing the venue of this fight. It takes place here:

http://www.absurdintellectual.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/xsheerness-8359-500x309.jpg

FrothByte
Originally posted by BloodRain
He could but this is literally Magneto's element, and when it comes to this he's more powerful and skilful than Andrew.

Any other place and the tables could turn. This should be Mags win.

More powerful yes, but I'd argue that Andrew is more skillful. Andrew was faster with his powers and managed to do more with it. He used it to augment his strength to superhuman levels and shield himself such that he was immune to most physical attacks. As powerful as Magneto is, his body is still frail. He has no way to shield himself against Andrew's attacks.

BloodRain
The iron blood move came to mind, but thinking about it the tooth pull and augmentations would show the skill.

I guess the power difference wont be as helpful without something to defend with.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
In comics he does look like a frail old man. Him actually being the opposite is what makes him so cool. No he doesn't...

Kazenji
Your a frail old man......FACT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.