New Computer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Finally, after many years of using this old, slow Windows 98, I will be using a fresh, faster, new computer. My 5-year-old W98 is being replaced with a brandnew Window XP! big grin big grin big grin

We are keeping my old monitor for the time being. Not only does my dad not want to spend over a thousand dollars (the XP was almost $800, which is half as much as the W98 I have was, and the flat screens were $400), but the people at the computer store say this type of monitor is good for graphics on video games anyway.

I'll have somewhat faster loading time for internet, though we'll still have the same DSL. And I'll finally be able to play my computer games!!! big grin

To all of you who play Jedi Outcast online, beware... evil face

I'll be missing in action for the weekend (possibly), so I just wanted to let you know before I start loading my junk onto a disc...

GordonSkywalker
Thanks for the warning Captain! laughing out loud

Julie
well....I don't play online

mechmoggy
Happy 'puting Rexxy. big grin

Tex
*jealous*

BackFire349
what are the specs?

Captain REX
Specs? Is that a computer term or something?

Captain REX
Anyway, this computer is 8 times faster than my old computer. I'm happy. big grin

Mujaffa
welcome ..you are expected

Julie
faster is usually good

Corran
depends what you are doing.

BackFire349
what kinda prcosessor, video card, and so fourth does your computer have?

Captain REX
Not sure about that. For video card it has one that can play Jedi Outcast, for all I know.

Stupid LucasArts, they are being bitchy with me. I tried to register online for Jedi Outcast, but it said I was already a member and that my e-mail address had already been used. Then I went to log-in and they said that my e-mail address was unused and that I wasn't a member. mad

Corran
They're messing with your mind man, don't let them grind you down.

Dexx
no details rex?
i think i'm goona get mine this summer...or by my next birthday anyway. *hopes*
800$ on windows XP????? .....christ....good thing for the pirates round here.....it's....well......free big grin.

Hey...when i get to canada this summer we can play jk outcast. i have a decent connection (and pc) over there. And..i gotta say....i'm pretty skilledsmile

Julie
tisk tisk.....naughty dexx

Member.
lollaughing out loud

Dexx
bwah...simple mortals.
My skill is undoubtable. mwahahaha

Captain REX
Well, it seems that my video card, while it could play the game, it was a little bit too powerful for the card. I played JO for a couple hours, and eventually it whitewashed my screen. Whitewashed screens look like over-exposed photographs and everything is horribly bright and unreadable. Therefore, my dad got it fixed and says I have to save up for a new card that can handle JO and my other games. It's only $200 (damn! damn! damn! damn!), and I have $30 right now, and my neighbor offered me a weeding job that'll get me $20.

The good thing about that is that my dad thought the monitor had screwed up. Therefore, he bought the flat screen that he said we would wait awhile for. Much better than the big, hulking monitor that took up half of the desk space at my dad's desk... big grin

Well, that crisis is over. What next...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.