Martian Manhunter Vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
The Leaguer or the Avenger?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HYP_zps6f2b54ad.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM_zpsd11ac5a9.jpg

SevenShackles
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d355dd7e990ef0d0925182232c715d6e/tumblr_mh5unb0Jfv1rms5sho1_500.jpg
How strong is this hyperions heat vision?

Not that he will know his weakness but its a goto tactic so eventually he will use it and see the Martian lose his shit and pour it on.

Tony Stark
Hyperion whoops ass

Golgo13
Originally posted by SevenShackles
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d355dd7e990ef0d0925182232c715d6e/tumblr_mh5unb0Jfv1rms5sho1_500.jpg
How strong is this hyperions heat vision?

Not that he will know his weakness but its a goto tactic so eventually he will use it and see the Martian lose his shit and pour it on.

Intangibility will come in handy.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Golgo13
How exactly does his intangibility work with fire? I can't remember him using it to avoid fire or high heat attacks, he just gets hit. My memory is majorly iffy on this so I'd appreciate any info you have. (Something I usually wonder about when I read MM)

Blue Area Vet

One of the most staunch Superman propagandists said that his heat vision can hurt intangible characters. True or untrue?

Golgo13
Originally posted by SevenShackles
How exactly does his intangibility work with fire? I can't remember him using it to avoid fire or high heat attacks, he just gets hit. My memory is majorly iffy on this so I'd appreciate any info you have. (Something I usually wonder about when I read MM)

Fire is a psychological thing. He's resisted fire before. But this is DCnU MM we're talking about. Didn't he just get out of fire last issue?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
One of the most staunch Superman propagandists said that his heat vision can hurt intangible characters. True or untrue?

I hate Superman sometimes. He shouldn't have, because MM shifts his body into another dimension. MM should own Superman more times than not, but he doesn't. Unless he goes Fernus mode.

celeyhyga17
Tp wins it.

carver9
Hyperion is too much.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Hyperion isn't superman and he has no showings of affecting intangible beings. Also your hate is amusing.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Hyperion is too much.

What are his best TP resisting feats?

celeyhyga17
What are his best TP resisting feats?
None really.

Closest thing was the Carrion virus taking over Hyperion.. It wasn't really a tp situation.

TheGodKiller
J'onn wins.

LeonBuco666
J'onn cleans up.
barry also looks p!ssed off in the MM pic

nwg202
MM wins through TP

leonidas
without proof of hype's ability to resist tp, we can't just say he WOULD do so against a tp the level of jonn. pretty sure hype would be a mewling, frothing puddle if jonn wanted him to be....

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
without proof of hype's ability to resist tp, we can't just say he WOULD do so against a tp the level of jonn. pretty sure hype would be a mewling, frothing puddle if jonn wanted him to be....
Pretty much.

Even if this was N52 J'onn, he should still be able to take a majority by using tp.

He's already built a small, but impressive showing of tp feats.

LeonBuco666
Tbh imtangibility wont work to defend against heat vision, it may be a physical attack but its still heating up the air on the sub atomic level, so if it goes through MM its gonna burn him up big time

pym-ftw
Most Avengers have tp shielding or shield scrubbers, but I will concede this point for now.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Most Avengers have tp shielding or shield scrubbers, but I will concede this point for now.
Wut do u mean? Like an Avengers issue equipment we're talking bout here?

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Hyperion is too much.

MM has intangibility and TP
Both can prove incredible useful.

h1a8
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Tbh imtangibility wont work to defend against heat vision, it may be a physical attack but its still heating up the air on the sub atomic level, so if it goes through MM its gonna burn him up big time

And why doesn't a knife or sharp weapon cut MM when he is intangible?
Or why can MM walk through walls and stuff?
That's because while intangible, nothing can causate with him.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
That's because while intangible, nothing can causate with him.
Only have one question..

What is "causate"?
embarrasment

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Only have one question..

What is "causate"?
embarrasment
Shame on you celey.

uhuh

LeonBuco666
That's because while intangible, nothing can causate with him. try stabbing someone on a sub atomic level, because he can pass through the gaps between the walls molecular structure, he'll get burnt up big time, but he will still win

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Shame on you celey.

uhuh
It was an honest question.

I'm too lazy to search it..
smokin'

pym-ftw
Wut do u mean? Like an Avengers issue equipment we're talking bout here?
Shield scrubbers are equipment

Tp shields are mental blocks put in by telepaths as part of Avengers training

pym-ftw
Only have one question..

What is "causate"?
embarrasment
Don't feel bad its Latin, and he used it wrong

Casate refers to probability not the act of interaction.

LeonBuco666

Tp shields are mental blocks put in by telepaths as part of Avengers training similar to magneto's helmet

pym-ftw
Kinda

celeyhyga17
TP shields are mental blocks put in by telepaths as part of Avengers training
Really? News to me. Pretty shoddy training seeing as Avengers members get tp'd just like anybody else who don't have the power set to defend from them.
Don't feel bad its Latin, and he used it wrong

Casate refers to probability not the act of interaction.
Thanks for the info.

h1a8
Only have one question..

What is "causate"?
embarrasment

It is italian. It is the verb tense of causation (a noun that means the act of causing as in 'cause and effect').

try stabbing someone on a sub atomic level, because he can pass through the gaps between the walls molecular structure, he'll get burnt up big time, but he will still win His intangibility doesn't necessarily work that way. It's possible he can simply be phased out of the dimension or in a quantum state of flux. Nonetheless, we go by proof and evidence, not speculation.

HV was shown to not touch him in phased form before in comics.

LeonBuco666
It is italian. It is the verb tense of causation (a noun that means the act of causing as in 'cause and effect').

His intangibility doesn't necessarily work that way. It's possible he can simply be phased out of the dimension or in a quantum state of flux. Nonetheless, we go by proof and evidence, not speculation.

HV was shown to not touch him in phased form before in comics. yes we go by proof and evidence, yet you say 'its possible' show me evidence of j'onn phasing to another dimension or quantum state of flux, and show me proof of it not affecting him while he is intangible

h1a8
yes we go by proof and evidence, yet you say 'its possible' show me evidence of j'onn phasing to another dimension or quantum state of flux, and show me proof of it not affecting him while he is intangible

Im not claiming that is the way Jonn's ability works. I said it is a possible explanation. So what's to prove?

Ask Abhi, or Galan, or Philo. They should have scans showing HV going right through Jonn. The reason why I know this is because I was arguing against Jonn with your very same argument (lol) but I used the evidence of the Jonn Preus Fight. I was told and shown that MM has phased through HV. So I conceded the point..

LeonBuco666
Hm, tbh until i see scans i stand by what i say, and then ill believe itsmile

Digi
There's a reasonable amount of trust we need for some of these debates. Some feats are common knowledge. Some you know firsthand. Others have been posted on the forums.

It's rarely in a member's interest to lie about the existence of a feat. They might interpret it differently, sure, but something like "I've seen J'onn phase through HV" is pretty closed to debate. Either he did or didn't.

If you want a scan any time anyone says anything, you're going to have a hard time. Some things can be taken at a person's word.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We saw John phase through Superboy Prime's heat vision:
http://brad-ricca.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1381879-scan00236ny_super.jpg

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Digi
There's a reasonable amount of trust we need for some of these debates. Some feats are common knowledge. Some you know firsthand. Others have been posted on the forums.

It's rarely in a member's interest to lie about the existence of a feat. They might interpret it differently, sure, but something like "I've seen J'onn phase through HV" is pretty closed to debate. Either he did or didn't.

If you want a scan any time anyone says anything, you're going to have a hard time. Some things can be taken at a person's word. no, i do believe you, i would just like to see the scans is all

Digi
no, i do believe you...
Hm, tbh until i see scans i stand by what i say, and then ill believe itsmile

erm

It kinds hurts your argument when I don't even have to scroll up to see you contradict yourself.

pym-ftw
Is DCnu MM going to go intangible & using his TP at the same time?

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Digi
erm

It kinds hurts your argument when I don't even have to scroll up to see you contradict yourself. lol i do believe you lets just leave it at that

Digi
lol i do believe you lets just leave it at that

thumb up

Don Corleone
Don't know if this would work on this Hyperion but Vision once defeated the original Hyperion by phasing his hand into Hyperion's chest.

Reflection
DCnU MM is not really defined yet. Marvel Now! Hyperion is not really defined yet. Let's come back to this thread in a few years shall we?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.