Will you buy a One?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
In light of the 180s MS has made, have they convinced you to buy a One? I say no. They've already shown how little they care about their customers with the DRM and anti-used game policies.

Ridley_Prime
If I get it, it'll just be an afterthought (and a secondary console) and after a price drop or two down the road... With the interviews, the way they recently showed Chief Thunder, and stuff, the new Killer Instinct has actually further impressed me and removed most of the doubt I had about the game because of Double Helix. Seems like they're people that actually grew up with KI and are there for the long haul. I like how they kinda went into detail about some of the characters' background too, like Thunder.

Aside from KI though, still can't say I'd play the One much for anything.

Smasandian
I pre-ordered one.

I rather play games that I want to play rather than a console with games I don't want to play.

Also, if MS didn't care about their customers, they wouldn't of changed their policies.

BackFire
I'll get one eventually, will probably wait for a price drop. Getting a PS4 in the mean time.

VG_Addict
Originally posted by Smasandian
I pre-ordered one.

I rather play games that I want to play rather than a console with games I don't want to play.

Also, if MS didn't care about their customers, they wouldn't of changed their policies.

You're naive if you think MS changed their policies because of their customers.

Kazenji
I might get a Two.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Smasandian
if MS didn't care about their customers, they wouldn't of changed their policies.

Yeah 'cause arguing to keep the DRM intact and Kinect latched to the console at all times 'til they got pushed into a corner by the masses proves how much they cared about their customers and were not, in anyway, intimidated for being greedy corporate douchebags.

Kazenji
I like to know how many of those people who were against the DRM for the console are also on Steam.

Zack Fair
Get your steam hating ass out of this thread, nicca.

I won't be getting a One anytime soon.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Get your steam hating ass out of this thread, nicca.

Go Duck yourself.

Zack Fair
uhuh

Ridley_Prime
I think he was pointing out the hypocrisy or something more than he was hating on Steam itself.

Kazenji
Well i do hate steam itself....got my issues with it

but yeah that was my point the hypocrisy part of it.

-Pr-
Because they're not the same thing except in the vaguest of terms, so it's not really hypocrisy.

Kazenji
Its still DRM no matter how much they sugar coated it.

-Pr-
Still doesn't make it the same thing, or hypocrisy.

Smasandian
Originally posted by VG_Addict
You're naive if you think MS changed their policies because of their customers.

No you are right that they changed it because it was the best choice.

But how many other companies do so?

You think Sony cares about its customer? Or Apple? Absolutely not.

They do it for business. Did Sony take out the Blu Ray player for the PS3? The player nobody wanted when it was first announced?

EDIT: Steam is slightly different the XBOX Live/PSN Store. Steam became so popular because of the sales and that 5-6 years ago, getting a PC game was freaking impossible. The difference is the availability of console games. You can get them anywhere. Not so much with PC games back in the day, especially hard now.

Nemesis X
Nobody wanted the PS3 to play Blu-Ray? Where have I been?

Smasandian
I remember people being annoyed by it because that's the reason why its so freaking expensive. I guess I shouldn't of used nobody.

jinXed by JaNx
IIf someone buys me one Ill probably play it but otherwise i'll wait a year or two before making the decision to get one

Bentley
Pft, this is like an overly expensive and unneeded 3DS with less games and more annoying teens playing online.

Don't see the point of buying that crap uhuh

S_D_J
I won't.

at least not in a few years.

So far nothing seems interesting to me.

I'm still waiting for Alan Wake, not that tv-b$ they're trying to pull with Quantum Break

Bentley

VG_Addict
How ANYONE can trust Microsoft anymore is beyond me. First, there was Windows 8. Then, there was the One DRM/anti-used game policies. Now, we learn that they've been giving information to the NSA.

Bentley
I trust that Microsoft wants to stay in the business, they've pretty much stated as so when the previous CEO stepped down just recently. Does that mean MS is trust worthy? To me the real question is if you really want to have a relationship of trust like that with a company.

Take Nintendo for example, they have some sort of moral/quality chart or whatever, and people want them to become more like sharks, in the end they don't want a company they can trust do they? Instead they want bigger, better and faster, whatever it takes.

So to answer your question: nobody even wants to trust MS, so they are doing everything just right cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.